PDA

View Full Version : Dean Turner Art: Eagles VIP Room

CAinOH
01-08-2020, 12:19 PM
Artist Dean Turner has issued this print titled "Eagles VIP Room":

https://content.screencast.com/users/cheryl7821/folders/Default/media/a65ca7a8-1939-443a-9303-f18367b552db/DeanTurnerEaglesVIPRoom.jpg

More information here:
https://deanturnerart.com/special-offer/eagles-vip-room-canvas/?fbclid=IwAR1X-Qb4sZDyq8XtjLNZy4ywr80ntJ2uiCSAJvNT1tRWiRdrFdV-tolpDT8

My My
01-08-2020, 03:44 PM
Very cool, CA! Thanks for sharing. It is an awesome piece but I think I would like to move a few of subjects from the background to the foreground!

WalshFan88
01-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Awesome print! Looks like a cool room to be in.
And I love how Felder is in the background. :hilarious:

CAinOH
01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
And I love how Felder is in the background. :hilarious:

I thought that interesting as well. :)

KingWalsh
01-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Felder, Bernie and Randy are in the background, And who has the dark hair sitting with Bernie, Randy and Bob Segar?
Also, who is standing with Lindsey? I figured everyone else out.

Really cool pic, thanks for sharing!

WalshFan88
01-09-2020, 01:21 AM
I thought that interesting as well. :)

I could see Felder fans being miffed about that but it makes total sense. For one, he wasn't one of "the guys" in my mind. He didn't seem to "hang" as much as Walsh, for instance, IMO and I think it makes even more sense because Crosby and Nash are standing with him, and he played for them before joining the Eagles. So it makes sense to have him back there in more ways than one. I think Glenn and Joe were closer than some even realized. Their personalities seemed to mesh very well. And Joe was a rip snorter like Glenn and I think while Glenn and Don didn't necessarily endorse his behavior, they went along with him because it gave them street rock cred and I think Glenn liked trashing hotel rooms and hanging out with John Belushi more than he ever let on to, lol. It's like Henley agreeing with Glyn Johns about drugs in the studio. To me, even in his rock excess period, Don was always very serious and at times, a bit of a stick in the mud as a result. He didn't seem like a good hang. Joe was more like Glenn and a bit more "fun". ;)

KingWalsh
01-09-2020, 08:07 AM
I didn’t realize there was a chart for pic. Timothy is with Lindsey, it doesn’t look like him and thought was odd pairing and Carole king is sitting with Randy and Bernie. Never would of guessed that.

WalshFan88, I agree, Glenn and Joe, I believe were close, I think that added to tensions in band back in the day. To me you can see when they played together on stage they seemed to gel and you can see/feel the friendship. I remember an interview with Joe where he said (paraphrasing) that he wasn’t sure those first few years if Don (Henley) actually liked him. But now, he knows he likes him.

Back to picture, it’s great 👍🏻. Would’ve added JD Souther and Dan Fogelberg, maybe even Joe Vitale?

CAinOH
01-09-2020, 09:14 AM
For those of you who don't want to go to the link:

https://content.screencast.com/users/cheryl7821/folders/Default/media/e80209a9-f152-42e2-9c11-e6aad7c78c05/DeanTurnerWho.jpg

My My
01-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Totally agree with JD and Fogelberg, KingWalsh. I looked for Fogelberg right away and thought he needed to be there. I assumed JD would be there also. I think Joni Mitchell would be a good addition (or substitution) too!

sodascouts
01-09-2020, 01:19 PM
Very cool! Although yeah, it does seem a bit odd that you can't hardly make out the former Eagles and Timothy! Love seeing all of the other musicians in there, though. Thanks for sharing this, CAinOH!

lovemusic
01-09-2020, 01:59 PM
Very cool! Although yeah, it does seem a bit odd that you can't hardly make out the former Eagles and Timothy! Love seeing all of the other musicians in there, though. Thanks for sharing this, CAinOH!
I agree with you! I think the former Eagles and Timothy should have been at the table (for a game of Eagles Poker). Thank you for sharing CAinOH.

Delilah
01-09-2020, 02:27 PM
Cool picture but why does Don H have his 90s hair when everyone else is in their 70s style?

Randy, Don F and Bernie being in the background is kind of odd but they are in good company with CN&S. Not too shabby. That does not look like Timothy to me, his likeness could have been better.

Only thing missing are the lines of coke, LOL.

WalshFan88, I agree, Glenn and Joe, I believe were close, I think that added to tensions in band back in the day. To me you can see when they played together on stage they seemed to gel and you can see/feel the friendship. I remember an interview with Joe where he said (paraphrasing) that he wasn’t sure those first few years if Don (Henley) actually liked him. But now, he knows he likes him.

I don’t know how close Glenn and Joe were back in that era. Glenn has said in 80s interviews that dealing with the guitar players was problematic, that was the source of a lot of the tension then. It was the bass players, he said, that didn’t didn’t cause any trouble.

sodascouts
01-09-2020, 02:33 PM
Cool picture but why does Don H have his 90s hair when everyone else is in their 70s style?

Speculation: the images are taken from photographs. Maybe he was having a hard time finding a photograph of Don from the 70s laughing and chilling? I mean, we hardcores could find one, but he might not have had the time to do that kind of digging! lol

The other possibility is that he didn't realize that his Don Henley was not 70s Don Henley, but that would be a big oopsie!

sodascouts
01-09-2020, 02:41 PM
Here's where Stevie Nicks and John McVie were taken from - Christine and Mick as well, although just their heads:

https://i.imgur.com/rRaISkz.jpg

FreyFollower
01-09-2020, 03:13 PM
I agree about the folks that should be there, but I don't recall any associations with Carole King. Maybe someone can fill me in.

Delilah
01-09-2020, 03:13 PM
Speculation: the images are taken from photographs. Maybe he was having a hard time finding a photograph of Don from the 70s laughing and chilling? I mean, we hardcores could find one, but he might not have had the time to do that kind of digging! lol

The other possibility is that he didn't realize that his Don Henley was not 70s Don Henley, but that would be a big oopsie!

Yeah, I’m inclined to believe it’s probably the latter. Oops.

Delilah
01-09-2020, 03:22 PM
I agree about the folks that should be there, but I don't recall any associations with Carole King. Maybe someone can fill me in.

I’m not recalling any right offhand either. Probably should have been Joni Mitchell instead.

NightMistBlue
01-09-2020, 04:11 PM

It's not a particularly strong association, but Mr. Felder discussed it in his book: the Eagles knew Carole King and her then boyfriend (mid-70s), who was a really strange guy. Anyway, the boyfriend made some nice Western-style coats and belts for the band. Carole wrote in her autobiography that he was abusive to her. He later died in her house.

I also vaguely remember Don F talking about attending a party at Ms. King's house. All the Eagles were there.

CAinOH
01-09-2020, 04:13 PM
By the way, if you download the image, it makes a nice desktop background. :)

shunlvswx
01-09-2020, 05:03 PM
The picture of Don in the picture is of 80s Don, BTPB era. I was also wondering why they had a 80s Don and not a 70s Don. Looks very out of place.

I kinda agree. That doesn't look like Timothy. Other than those boo boos, I like the picture.

FreyFollower
01-09-2020, 06:35 PM
It's not a particularly strong association, but Mr. Felder discussed it in his book: the Eagles knew Carole King and her then boyfriend (mid-70s), who was a really strange guy. Anyway, the boyfriend made some nice Western-style coats and belts for the band. Carole wrote in her autobiography that he was abusive to her. He later died in her house.

I also vaguely remember Don F talking about attending a party at Ms. King's house. All the Eagles were there.
Thanks, NMB! I never heard of that.
From what I have read, Glenn likely would have won that game!

KingWalsh
01-09-2020, 09:09 PM
I noticed the 80s Henley too. Ha ha. It's still a cool pic. Interesting story regarding Carole King.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-09-2020, 09:34 PM
First of all - it is a very cool print and thanks for posting it CA.

It's funny, but the 80's Don was the very first thing that jumped out at me when I first saw the picture. It's too bad since the everyone else at the table seems to be from the 70's. But, still cool, nonetheless.

Thanks, NMB! I never heard of that.
From what I have read, Glenn likely would have won that game!

Probably so, FF. However, Glenn and David Gilmour seem to be the only ones who haven't folded this hand. But, I'm thinking that Glenn will lose this hand. It looks like to me that David is holding a royal straight flush. :grin:

groupie2686
01-10-2020, 02:37 PM
Very cool!