View Full Version : Amy Grant

CAinOH
02-13-2020, 01:14 PM
Vince Gill's wife, Amy Grant, posted this to her Facebook page yesterday:

Amy Grant
Since February is heart health awareness month, I want to send a shout out to my doctor, John Bright Cage.

He suggested I have a check up because of my Dad’s heart history

As always, I am feeling great, but the battery of tests he put me through show that I have had a heart condition since birth.

The first good news is that I am completely asymptomatic.

The second good news is that it’s fixable, so instead of concerts and camping trips this summer, I am going to take care of my heart.

Are you taking care of yours?! Please do.

xo,
Amy

#HeartHealth #PAPVR #EveryHeartbeat

sodascouts
02-15-2020, 07:35 PM
Thank you for sharing this news, CA. Let's make a new thread for Amy Grant and news pertaining to her. She certainly deserves it. She's an artist in her own right; I remember loving her as a child, and listening to her constantly. I absolutely adore her!

Edit: Done.

New Kid In Town
02-15-2020, 11:57 PM
I love Amy Grant too ! Best of luck to her when she has her surgery.

Ive always been a dreamer
02-16-2020, 01:36 PM
Best of luck to Amy and hope she gets well soon. She is lucky to have such good medical attention.

shunlvswx
06-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Amy had her surgery early this week. Let's keep Amy and Vince in our prayers. Jenny said she's doing well and the surgery was a success.

Brooke
06-05-2020, 04:05 PM
Glad to hear that, Shun! Thanks for the update!

I have a couple of her Christmas cds which I love.

Ive always been a dreamer
06-07-2020, 12:13 PM
I'm also happy to hear Amy is doing well and hope she has a speedy recovery.

New Kid In Town
06-07-2020, 12:58 PM
Wishing Amy a speedy recovery.

sodascouts
06-07-2020, 02:39 PM
Same. I've said it before, but I grew up with her. Her 1986 Greatest Hits collection was one of the first cassette tapes I "rebought" as a CD, because the CD version has bonus tracks. That's proof that I was a real fan right there. ;) I've played it countless times. It scares me when I think that I've had that CD for 30 years...

Elle81
12-10-2020, 07:00 PM
I've been a fan of Amy for a long time. She's about one of the only contemporary christian artists that I can tolerate, and that's because i know her more as simply a pop star. I love a few of the songs on her album Heart In Motion. One of my favorite duets of all time is Next time I fall, which she sang with Peter Cetera. House of Love, a duet she did with Vince Gill in 1994 is also a fairly decent song. I love every single one of the songs on her 1997 album Behind The Eyes. Two songs off that album, Turn this world around and Somewhere down the road were minor radio hits, the latter Amy performed in 1999 and dedicated it to the victims of the Columbine high school tragedy. Although I don't remember if it was simply at one of her concerts or if she was at a charity event.

sodascouts
12-12-2020, 04:45 PM
I remember "Next Time I Fall" - her foray into secular music was pretty successful in its time, if short-lived. "Baby, Baby" was another fun one!