PDA

View Full Version : Eagles DVD Survivor: Farewell I

Ive always been a dreamer
03-31-2020, 08:00 PM
Time for the Farewell I Survivor, where we vote off the song performances on the DVD / BluRay until we get to the last one standing!

If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list all the songs performed on the concert here. Vote for the performances that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song performances that get the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for the one you think should GO, not the one you think should stay.

Special note: Due to the fact that there are so many performances, the first 10 rounds will be double eliminations - two performances will go per round. For the first 10 rounds, you should vote for two song performances.

Note: Do not criticize how/why other people vote. Their reasons are their own and they are free to vote however they like. Also, never attack a fellow poster. You can disagree without making it personal. Sometimes these games can get heated, but remember... it's still just a game.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Once the board clock strikes 8:00 pm Eastern on the second day, no more votes will be counted for that round - even if it's only seconds after. Your votes also cannot be changed once you have voted, even if you change your mind or make a mistake. Once it's on the record, that's it - so be careful!

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The tie-breaker question will be asked one hour after results are in, if there is need for it. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared. The exception is the last round. If the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand.

In order to avoid voter fraud and trolling, we require that you must be "a member in good standing" as defined by the Terms of Service for at least two weeks before the start of the game in order to cast a vote.

GAME ON!

Performances in Play:
Already Gone
Take It Easy

Performances Eliminated:
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
All She Wants to Do Is Dance 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Love Will Keep Us Alive 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
I Can't Tell You Why 4/12
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
You Belong to the City 4/16
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Take It to the Limit 4/18
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
Life in the Fast Lane 4/26
Peaceful Easy Feeling 4/28
One of These Nights 4/30
Tequila Sunrise 5/02
Hotel California 5/04
Heartache Tonight 5/06

Hope everyone enjoys the game.

Voting for the final round is in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday, 5/08.

MarthaJo56
03-31-2020, 09:25 PM
Ok. I'll start...

Life's Been Good
You Belong to the City

03-31-2020, 10:08 PM
MJ - During the first ten double-elimination rounds, each player needs to vote for two songs per round. I added the following note to the rules in the opening post:

Special note: Due to the fact that there are so many performances, the first 10 rounds will be double eliminations - two performances will go per round. For the first 10 rounds, you should vote for two song performances.

So, please vote for another performance for this round. You can edit your post to add your second vote. And for future voters, please include both of your votes in the same post.

scottside
03-31-2020, 10:39 PM
Silent Spring
Love Will Keep Us Alive

sodascouts
04-01-2020, 03:16 AM
Silent Spring and Life's Been Good - both solo songs.

We got our money's worth with that DVD, didn't we?

shunlvswx
04-01-2020, 08:25 AM
Silent Spring and No More Cloudy Days.

LovinGlennGirl
04-01-2020, 09:57 AM
Voting for:

One Day At A Time
Silent Spring

New Kid In Town
04-01-2020, 12:26 PM
I vote for Silent Spring and Sunset Grill.

We sure did get our money's word on this dvd !

groupie2686
04-01-2020, 01:52 PM
Silent Spring and Sunset Grill

Totally got our money's worth!

Brooke
04-01-2020, 03:44 PM
Silent Spring and Life's Been Good

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Silent Spring and Life's Been Good - both solo songs.

We got our money's worth with that DVD, didn't we?

We certainly did. It never grows old! And its a great collection of Eagles classics

Glennsallnighter
04-01-2020, 05:14 PM
Silent Spring and Love will Keep Us Alive

04-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Well - I think this is going to be a very interesting and unpredictable game. I have to say I am a little shocked at some of the votes so far. Now, Silent Spring is no surprise because it is really not even a performance - it's just an interlude to open the acoustic set. The biggest surprise for me are the votes for Life's Been Good. I know some consider it a solo song, but actually almost 1/3 of the performances on the DVD are solo songs so there are quite a few to select from if that's your criteria. My defense for Life's Been Good is that, regardless of how much you like the song itself, it is such an energetic, fun, crowd-pleasing performance. Joe is such a great entertainer and I love how he interacts with the audience on this song. Although, like all Eagles performances, it is mostly scripted, Joe does manage to inject some spontaneity into the performance. IMO, it far surpasses some of the other low key solo performances e.g. Sunset Grill.

And, without question, we did, indeed, get our money's worth out of this DVD.

WalshFan88
04-01-2020, 06:58 PM
Silent Spring
No More Cloudy Days

I love when the Eagles did the solo songs... I remember there was a thread a few years back about them doing them in Eagles shows. I loved the HOTE show, but I'm glad I also saw the LROOE tour to hear those solo songs. It's not feasible for everyone to go to see the guys solo. I never got to see Glenn live, and I'm pretty sure I'll never see Don live. I know I'm in the minority amongst the regulars, but I find it hard to go with the "well, save those for seeing them solo" thing. I think certain songs actually are far better with the band. Songs like Life's Been Good are far better in the Eagles than what's on But Seriously Folks, AFAIC.

KingWalsh
04-02-2020, 09:16 AM
I unfortunately can't participate because never had the dvd, and only had the axs TV version which I lost when my dvr died. 😣😞 but I did enjoy the solo songs too. It was fun watching "ASWTDID" and of course "LBG". But I will refrain from voting.

04-02-2020, 07:56 PM
Well folks – I really don’t want to do this, but I am going to force a tie this round barring any last minute vote. I am doing this in an attempt to save Life’s Been Good because there is no way I believe this entertaining performance deserves to be eliminated in the first round of this game. It is so much better than many of the other performances, IMO. Therefore, as much as I hate to do this …

I cast my votes for Sunset Grill and Hole in the World.

04-02-2020, 08:12 PM
The first performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Silent Spring There is a tie for the second song to be eliminated between Life's Been Good and Sunset Grill. The tribe has spoken and Silent Spring, you must now say farewell. Please silently spring off the island. See the end of the post for more information about the tie.

ETA: As a result of tiebreaker question, Sunset Grill is the second performance to be eliminated in this round. Sunset Grill please leave the island.

The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
Silent Spring – 9
Life’s Been Good – 3
Sunset Grill – 3
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 2
No More Cloudy Days – 2
One Day at a Time – 1
You Belong to the City – 1
Hole in the World – 1

Vote Breakdown
Silent Spring – scottside
Silent Spring– sodascouts
Silent Spring – shunlvswx
Silent Spring – LovinGlennGirl
Silent Spring – New Kid In Town
Silent Spring – groupie2686
Silent Spring – Brooke
Silent Spring – Glennsallnighter
Silent Spring – WalshFan88
Life’s Been Good – MarthaJo56
Life’s Been Good – sodascouts
Life’s Been Good– Brooke
Sunset Grill – New Kid In Town
Sunset Grill – groupie2686
Sunset Grill – Ive always been a dreamer
Love Will Keep Us Alive – scottside
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Glennsallnighter
No More Cloudy Days – shunlvswx
No More Cloudy Days – WalshFan88
One Day at a Time – LovinGlennGirl
You Belong to the City – MarthaJo56
Hole in the World – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Love Will Keep Us Alive
No More Cloudy Days
Hole in the World
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Walk Away
Life's Been Good
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
All She Wants to Do Is Dance
Take It Easy
Desperado

Now for the tiebreaker rules:

Okay folks – Life's Been Good and Sunset Grill have the same number of votes AND since this is the first round, there are no past votes to break the tie. I’m going to ask a tiebreaker question at 9:00 p.m. EST. The first player to answer correctly gets to decide whether Life's Been Good or Sunset Grill leaves. ANYONE who voted in the round can answer the question, even if you didn't vote for one of these two songs.

ETA: After the tiebreaker, voting for Round 2 is now in progress.

04-02-2020, 09:00 PM
Okay – to settle this tied round, the first player to answer the following tiebreaker question correctly gets to choose whether they want to eliminate Life's Been Good or Sunset Grill. When answering the question, you must also include which song you want to eliminate. You only get one guess, so be careful! If the question goes unanswered correctly after one hour, the round will end in a tie and we will continue to play the game with both songs still in the competition. So, here’s the question …

Which performance on the DVD features the band doing a jumping routine?

WalshFan88
04-02-2020, 09:21 PM
Dirty Laundry

Sunset Grill eliminated.

04-02-2020, 09:27 PM
You are correct, Austin!

Sunset Grill is eliminated.

Voting for Round Two begins now.

WalshFan88
04-02-2020, 09:41 PM
No More Cloudy Days and Hole In The World

04-02-2020, 10:39 PM
Well - that was an exciting round! Thanks Austin for saving the awesome Life's Been Good. I figured my risk would pay off, but you can never be sure.

I unfortunately can't participate because never had the dvd, and only had the axs TV version which I lost when my dvr died. 😣😞 but I did enjoy the solo songs too. It was fun watching "ASWTDID" and of course "LBG". But I will refrain from voting.

KW - Even if you don't feel comfortable voting, you are welcome to participate in the discussion. However, if you want to play, maybe you can find a copy of the DVD on Amazon or ebay. I didn't check Amazon, but I did a quick search and found this on ebay at a great price with no shipping charges. Plus it says you should receive it by April 10th.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Eagles-Farewell-1-Tour-Live-From-Melbourne/362715528803?epid=46556028&hash=item547387be63:g:L4wAAMXQdm5Q9wyu

Or another option might be to check with your local library to see if they have a copy.

MarthaJo56
04-03-2020, 01:42 AM
My votes for Round 2:

Life's Been Good
All She Wamts to Do is Dance

scottside
04-03-2020, 08:39 AM
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Life's Been Good

shunlvswx
04-03-2020, 09:08 AM
No More Cloudy Days and Love Will Keep Us Alive

04-03-2020, 01:55 PM
I was just thinking that in these double-elimination rounds, there is probably a need to deploy a bit more strategy than we usually do, particularly in light of the fact that we don' have a lot of member participation. As we saw last round, it probably won't be uncommon to see some of these performances eliminated with just 3 or 4 votes, so that means every vote is more important than ever. I know many of you usually vote strictly based on the song/performance that you like least and, of course, there is nothing wrong with that. However, you may want to consider voting a little bit more strategically to save performances you like from elimination. There are times when it is good strategy to join other players in voting for a performance that you like in order to save a song you like even better. That’s what I did last round, and I can see this happening a lot in this game. I hope no one will interpret this post as me telling you how to vote because that is not my intention at all. I just thought I would share some strategic tips since many of you are newbies at the game unlike some of us oldies.

So, just a forewarning that whenever I see an opportunity to save a really good performance, I may suggest forming an alliance. But as always, it will be strictly up to each member about whether or not they want to join the alliance or not.

Brooke
04-03-2020, 03:19 PM
I really don't want to vote for any of these songs, I love them all! :headscratch:

Life's Been Good
All She Wants to do is Dance

:shrug:

04-04-2020, 04:39 PM
Where are all of our voters for this round. We have only had 5 players vote so far. Just a reminder, this round ends at 8:00 p.m. EST tonight.

sodascouts
04-04-2020, 07:29 PM
I'm swinging in before the bell and taking Dreamer's advice to heart about paying attention to what other people are voting for.

I must admit, I've always thought "Life's Been Good" was a tad overrated, so I'm voting for that one again. And I'll join Brooke in voting for "All She Wants to Do Is Dance" to hopefully shore up against some others, even though there are aspects of that I enjoy.

So, to sum up:

Life's Been Good
All She Wants to Do Is Dance

groupie2686
04-04-2020, 07:45 PM
Wow, I love watching them do Life's Been Good and All She Wants to Do is Dance - I love watching Glenn dance! This may not make a difference but I vote for

Funk #49
Rocky Mountain Way

CAinOH
04-04-2020, 07:46 PM

I can help somewhat, KW. DailyMotion has some of the performances available.

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/eagles%20farewell%20tour

04-04-2020, 07:54 PM
Wow, I love watching them do Life's Been Good and All She Wants to Do is Dance - I love watching Glenn dance! This may not make a difference but I vote for

Funk #49
Rocky Mountain Way

Wow - I totally agree with you, groupie. These are two of my favorite performances on the DVD. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm watching the same DVD as some of the others. :wink: :grin:

Well if I vote for the songs I wanted to this round, it'll just force another tie. So, since I have neither the time or desire for every round to end in a tie, I'll choose something else ...

I cast my votes for Hole in the World and Desperado.

04-04-2020, 08:11 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Life's Been Good and All She Wants to Do Is Dance. The tribe has spoken and life is not good for them. So now, all you can do is dance your way off the island. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
Life’s Been Good – 4
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – 3
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 2
No More Cloudy Days – 2
Hole in the World – 2
Funk #49 – 1
Rocky Mountain Way – 1
Desperado – 1

Vote Breakdown
Life’s Been Good – MarthaJo56
Life’s Been Good – scottside
Life’s Been Good – Brooke
Life’s Been Good – sodascouts
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – MarthaJo56
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – Brooke
All She Wants to Do Is Dance – sodascouts
No More Cloudy Days– WalshFan88
No More Cloudy Days– shunlvswx
Love Will Keep Us Alive – shunlvswx
Hole in the World – WalshFan88
Funk #49 – groupie2686
Rocky Mountain Way – groupie2686
Desperado – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Love Will Keep Us Alive
No More Cloudy Days
Hole in the World
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Walk Away
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round 3 is now in progress.

shunlvswx
04-04-2020, 08:55 PM
I'm going to vote for Love Will Keep Us Alive and No More Cloudy Days.

WalshFan88
04-04-2020, 10:15 PM

Lets keep the solo songs remaining and knock down the LROOE era stuff please! :grin:

scottside
04-04-2020, 10:46 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive
No More Cloudy Days

sodascouts
04-04-2020, 11:23 PM
Lets keep the solo songs remaining and knock down the LROOE era stuff please! :grin:

No, the opposite! I applaud the guys for being creative after so long, and putting themselves out there! We should reward that!

I like the solo stuff, it's fun, but this is an Eagles DVD.

KingWalsh
04-05-2020, 09:31 AM
I can help somewhat, KW. DailyMotion has some of the performances available.

https://www.dailymotion.com/search/eagles%20farewell%20tour

Thanks! CainOH! Sometimes I forget about dailymotion! I have some watching to do!!!!😁😁😁:blueblob::grooving:

04-05-2020, 10:43 AM

No, the opposite! I applaud the guys for being creative after so long, and putting themselves out there! We should reward that!

I like the solo stuff, it's fun, but this is an Eagles DVD.

But, in this game, isn’t our primary focus supposed to be voting on the overall entertainment value of these performances. I know folks have different criteria for voting, and there is nothing wrong with considering whether they are solo songs, songs from a particular album, or sung by a particular band number, or how much you actually like the song. But, ideally when we consider a performance, shouldn’t we be discussing things like how entertaining it is, and how much emotion it evokes, or how much the synergy there is between the band and the audience, and the effectiveness of the band’s technical performance? Otherwise, it seems like we are missing the point of the game. JMHO

shunlvswx
04-05-2020, 02:38 PM
I agree, Dreamer. I thought we were voting on performance not if we don’t like the song or it’s a solo song. IMO Life’s Been Good and All She Wants to Do Is Dance should had stayed longer.

I am voting on performance. IMO When voting for performance, half of the songs were not fun other than a few of them. The two songs I voted for was kinda boring.

sodascouts
04-05-2020, 02:54 PM
I see what you mean, ladies. For me, it’s a complex integration of factors. The type of song is one; performance is another. At this point, when there are so many wonderful performances to choose from, other factors come into play more readily than later. But that’s just me. We all make our own judgments, and we all have our own logic. I think if we have fun, then that’s the real point, right?

Glennsallnighter
04-05-2020, 04:38 PM
I seem to have lost track of the days. I came on tonight to vote for round 2 only to see we are well into round 3. I'm going to vote in terms of the performances I like best as opposed to whether songs are solo or Eagles songs.

04-06-2020, 10:18 AM
Yeah - it's hard to keep track of the days especially during these times. If it will help, try to remember that the rounds in this game are ending on even numbered days. This rounds ends tonight so you have to vote sometime today before 8:00 p.m. ET. So far we don't have many votes at all, so your vote makes a difference. I will hold off and vote later as I usually do. Let's keep this game going!

MarthaJo56
04-06-2020, 11:25 AM
You Belong to the City
Walk Away

Brooke
04-06-2020, 02:43 PM
Love Will Keep Us Alive
Hole in the World

Glennsallnighter
04-06-2020, 05:47 PM
I will vote off I can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way this round.

04-06-2020, 07:42 PM
Okay - I like these songs that I'm voting for, but, to me, they are not the most dynamic performances on the DVD. So ...

I cast my votes for No More Cloudy Days and Hole in the World.

04-06-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is No More Cloudy Days and Love Will Keep Us Alive. The tribe has spoken and love could not keep them alive. So now, you two must make your way off the island on this cloudy day. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
No More Cloudy Days – 4
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 3
Hole in the World – 3
Rocky Mountain Way – 1
Walk Away – 1
I Can’t Tell You Why – 1

Previous Votes
Love Will Keep Us Alive – 4
Hole in the World – 3

Vote Breakdown
No More Cloudy Days – shunlvswx
No More Cloudy Days – WalshFan88
No More Cloudy Days – scottside
No More Cloudy Days – Ive always been a dreamer
Love Will Keep Us Alive – shunlvswx
Love Will Keep Us Alive – Brooke
Hole in the World– WalshFan88
Hole in the World – Brooke
Walk Away– MarthaJo56
I Can’t Tell You Why – Glennsallnighter
Rocky Mountain Way – Glennsallnighter

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Hole in the World
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Walk Away
Dirty Laundry
Funk #49
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round 4 is now in progress.

shunlvswx
04-06-2020, 08:16 PM
Hole in the World and Take It To The Limit.

MarthaJo56
04-06-2020, 09:35 PM
I repeat....

You Belong to the City
Walk Away
8)

New Kid In Town
04-07-2020, 09:17 AM
Sorry I missed the second round - the days seem to be running together.
I vote for No More Cloudy Days and Dirty Laundry.

Glennsallnighter
04-07-2020, 11:45 AM
Sorry I missed the second round - the days seem to be running together.
I vote for No More Cloudy Days and Dirty Laundry.

No More Cloudy Days has already been voted off in the last round NKIT!

New Kid In Town
04-07-2020, 05:55 PM
No More Cloudy Days has already been voted off in the last round NKIT!

:oops: Sorry about that ! Thank You GA. My brain is turning to mush - lol.

groupie2686
04-07-2020, 07:35 PM
Don't feel bad, NKIT, I missed the last round too, the days are running together for me too. I really couldn't remember what day of the week it was this morning!

I vote again for
Funk #49
Rocky Mountain Way

sodascouts
04-07-2020, 09:54 PM
And I actually thought I voted last time when I hadn't! I could have saved "No More Cloudy Days" dang it!!! Every vote counts folks!!!

This time, I think I'll be voting for...

Funk #49
Rocky Mountain Way

Not to target Joe - love ya Joe! - but I think the other performances are better.

Brooke
04-08-2020, 03:41 PM
I Can't Tell You Why and Hole in the World

scottside
04-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Hole in the World
Funk #49

04-08-2020, 07:45 PM
I cast my votes for Desperado and In the City.

04-08-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Hole In the World and Funk #49. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
Hole in the World – 3
Funk #49 – 3
Rocky Mountain Way – 2
Walk Away – 1
I Can’t Tell You Why – 1
Take It to the Limit – 1
Dirty Laundry – 1
Desperado – 1
In the City – 1

Vote Breakdown
Hole in the World – shunlvswx
Hole in the World – Brooke
Hole in the World – scottside
Funk #49 – groupie2686
Funk #49 – sodascouts
Funk #49 – scottside
Rocky Mountain Way – sodascouts
Take It to the Limit – shunlvswx
Walk Away – MarthaJo56
Dirty Laundry – New Kid In Town
I Can’t Tell You Why – Brooke
In the City – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
One Day at a Time
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Walk Away
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round 5 is now in progress.

MarthaJo56
04-08-2020, 11:44 PM
Again-Again
You Belong to the City
Walk Away

04-09-2020, 10:54 AM
I want to come to the defense of a few songs that I think are great performances.

First of all, You Belong to the City is so high-energy and is a perfect transition from the acoustic set to the rock ‘n roll set. The audience is loving it, and I can say from personal experience that it was one of the best received songs at the live shows. The song is so powerful the way it just keeps building and building in intensity that it makes it almost impossible for me not to really get into it.

And then, there is Take It to the Limit. Now, I’ll be the first to say that no one can sing this song the way Randy does and I will never stop missing Randy’s ending with those incredible high notes. But, having said that, it is such a great song and has always been a crowd favorite. So, even without Randy and even placed in the middle of the acoustic set, the song never fails to get a standing ovation. It still has those amazing harmonies and packs such an emotional punch. The audience's enthusiasm is contagious.

Lastly, I think Dirty Laundry is just plain FUN. Both the band and the audience are so into it. Not only is it a fantastic catchy song whose message resonates today more than ever, but I just love the old guys jumping. Call me shallow. :wink: :grin: And then, of course, there are those amazing guitar solos by Glenn, Joe, and Felder.

New Kid In Town
04-09-2020, 11:17 AM
I vote for One Day at a Time and Walk Away.

shunlvswx
04-09-2020, 11:27 AM
One Day AT A Time and Take It To The Limit.

Dreamer. I agree on Dirty Laundry. So much energy and then the guys jumping. You don't see that every day and we now see Don sometimes hop at the end of the LITFL. That's why I thought All She Wants To Do is Dance shouldn't had been gone so soon. A lot of energy, but I guess nobody cared about Glenn dancing. AS for YBTTC. I kinda missed Joe banging the drums with Scott at the end.

04-09-2020, 11:56 AM
I totally agree with you, shun about ASWTDID and Dirty Laundry - (but not so much about TITTL :wink: )

The thing I look at with performances is even if they are solo songs - how much does the entire band get involved in the performance, along with how emotional and energetic the performance is, as well as, the synergy between the audience and the band. For me, that is what separates a solo performance like Sunset Grill from the afore-mentioned (as well as some others). Actually, those factors are probably what separates all the performances from one another and takes them to a higher level, solo or not, IMHO.

Brooke
04-09-2020, 02:47 PM
I almost didn't vote for ASWTDID because of Glenn's dancing. So cute!

This time:

I Can't Tell You Why

One Day At a Time

Glennsallnighter
04-09-2020, 04:34 PM
I'm going to stick with my last votes and go with I Can't tell you Why and Rocky Mountain Way!
Once again I seem to be out of synch with the days! Sorry!!

groupie2686
04-09-2020, 05:28 PM
I totally agree about Dirty Laundry and All She Wants to Do is Dance - there is so much energy! I was surprised ASWDD went down so soon!

This time I vote for:
I Can't Tell You Why
Rocky Mountain Way

LovinGlennGirl
04-09-2020, 09:13 PM
Voting for:

One Day At a Time
In the City

sodascouts
04-10-2020, 05:10 PM
This is so hard! Such great performances!

I'm going to go with...

Walk Away
Rocky Mountain Way

04-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Well right now there is a three-way tie between Walk Away, I Can't Tell You Why, and Rocky Mountain Way. I don't want to see any of them go yet, but I guess I'll go ahead and vote for my least favorite of the three ...

I cast my votes for Walk Away and Desperado.

04-10-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor are One Day at a Time and Walk Away. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
One Day at a Time – 4
Walk Away – 4
I Can’t Tell You Why – 3
Rocky Mountain Way – 3
Take It to the Limit – 1
In the City – 1
Desperado – 1

Vote Breakdown
One Day at a Time – New Kid In Town
One Day at a Time – shunlvswx
One Day at a Time – Brooke
One Day at a Time – LovinGlennGirl
Walk Away – MarthaJo56
Walk Away – New Kid In Town
Walk Away– sodascouts
Walk Away – Ive always been a dreamer
I Can’t Tell You Why – Brooke
I Can’t Tell You Why – groupie2686
Rocky Mountain Way – sodascouts
In the City – LovinGlennGirl

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
I Can't Tell You Why
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Rocky Mountain Way
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round 6 is now in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, 4/12.

MarthaJo56
04-10-2020, 08:02 PM
You Belong to the City
Dirty Laundry

shunlvswx
04-10-2020, 08:09 PM
I Can't Tell You Why and Take It To The Limit.

04-11-2020, 11:22 AM
Poor Joe - All of his performances are getting the most votes and three have been eliminated in the last two rounds. I think that's kind of ironic considering the fact that one of the main reasons they brought Joe into the band was to pump some rock and roll energy into the live shows. To me, it worked and I don't think this DVD would be nearly as entertaining as it is without Joe's performances. Go figure, huh? :headscratch:

04-11-2020, 01:37 PM
Note:

Just wanted to let everyone know that I decided to add the time that the current round ends at the bottom of the last 'results' posts, and also to the opening post of this thread. Several folks have posted that they are having a hard time keeping up with when the rounds are ending. I don't know if this will be helpful or not, but we can give it a try. Another way to try to remember is that all rounds in the game are ending on the even numbered days.

Glennsallnighter
04-12-2020, 02:03 PM
I Can't Tell you Why and Rocky Mountain Way again this round for me.

And Happy Easter all!!

groupie2686
04-12-2020, 02:48 PM
In the City
Rocky Mountain Way

(Happy Easter, all!)

scottside
04-12-2020, 02:49 PM
I Can't Tell You Why
Desperado

04-12-2020, 07:52 PM
In retrospect, I should have suspended play for the Easter holiday weekend similar to what we do for Thanksgiving. But, I didn't think about it at the time. So, onward we go. I can't save ICTYW or RMW so I'll vote strategically ...

I cast my votes for Desperado and In the City.

04-12-2020, 08:06 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor are I Can't Tell You Why and Rocky Mountain Way. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
I Can’t Tell You Why – 3
Rocky Mountain Way – 2
Desperado – 2
In the City – 2
Take It to the Limit – 1
Dirty Laundry – 1

Previous Votes
Rocky Mountain Way – 7
Desperado – 3
In the City – 1

Vote Breakdown
Can’t Tell You Why – shunlvswx
I Can’t Tell You Why – scottside
Desperado – scottside
In the City – groupie2686
In the City – Ive always been a dreamer
Dirty Laundry – MarthaJo56

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
In the City
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy
Desperado

Voting for Round 7 is now in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 4/14.

shunlvswx
04-12-2020, 08:17 PM
Take it To The Limit and In The City.

sodascouts
04-13-2020, 12:27 AM
Man, it’s getting hard! I’m going with:

In the City
Dirty Laundry

We can’t lose TITTL yet!

MarthaJo56
04-13-2020, 02:27 AM
Again...
You Belong to the City (I know it's Glenn, but honestly, I've never liked that song. I can't tell you why. :grin: I just dont')
Dirty Laundry

New Kid In Town
04-13-2020, 08:46 AM
I vote for Boys of Summer and Take It To The Limit.

Brooke
04-13-2020, 01:59 PM
In the City (sorry Joe, I still love ya and your contributions to the band are huge!!!)

and

Desperado beautiful song but it's pretty much Don all by himself. :shrug:

groupie2686
04-14-2020, 01:48 PM
I vote for In the City and Desperado

I love Desperado, but this is not the best performance of it IMO...its not right without Glenn at the piano and Don on the drums!

Glennsallnighter
04-14-2020, 04:18 PM
I vote for Dirty Laundry and Desperado for this round.

shunlvswx
04-14-2020, 04:46 PM
Come on, everybody who hasn't voted. Save Dirty Laundry. Its one of the most fun song on the DVD. It shouldn't go this early just because its a solo song. It deserve to go farther.

SAVE Dirty Laundry.
VOTE Desperado

WalshFan88
04-14-2020, 05:25 PM
I've missed several rounds due to my hip fracture last Monday but I will try to be more active. I've had to see what's been voted off. A lot of great songs, with some great songs still in play!

I've always been an advocate for the Eagles playing solo songs rather than obscure Eagles tracks I may not like. I want the 3 hour concert. I don't want a short concert. But I don't want that 3 hour concert with an 1 hour of songs I don't like, especially the earlier stuff. I loved the HOTE show and preferred it, but I'm glad I saw LROOE for those other songs. I think HOTE was good because there was enough other songs I loved to make up for it. Needless to say, the deep tracks from Desperado didn't do it for me. I didn't care for the rearranged Witchy Woman, either. However I got to hear Already Gone and Those Shoes, which I didn't get to see on the LROOE show. I remember leaving the LROOE show feeling happy, but a little miffed I didn't hear Already Gone. The only part I didn't like. HOTE was better seats, and that plus hearing those two songs is why I preferred that show over my LROOE show. Also no funeral suits, which is great, lol. I also think a lot of people will never get to see a solo show, I certainly never got to see Glenn solo or with Joe as the Party of Two. I did see Joe Walsh solo, but I don't think Don will ever come close enough where I feel I can travel that far for it or get someone to drive me there.

Now then....

In The City and Desperado

scottside
04-14-2020, 05:32 PM
Desperado
In The City

04-14-2020, 07:45 PM
Well - I was going to also vote for In the City and Desperado, but it looks like they are going down without my vote. Therefore, I will use my votes looking toward the future. This is getting really hard because I love just about all the remaining songs, but something has to go ...

I cast my votes for Wasted Time and Tequila Sunrise.

04-14-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor are In the City and Desperado. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
In the City – 6
Desperado – 5
Dirty Laundry – 3
Take It to the Limit – 2
The Boys of Summer – 1
Wasted Time – 1
Tequila Sunrise – 1

Vote Breakdown
In the City – shunlvswx
In the City – sodascouts
In the City – Brooke
In the City – groupie2686
In the City – WalshFan88
In the City – scottside
Desperado – Brooke
Desperado – groupie2686
Desperado – Glennsallnighter
Desperado – WalshFan88
Desperado – scottside
Dirty Laundry – sodascouts
Dirty Laundry – Glennsallnighter
Take It to the Limit – New Kid In Town
You Belong to the City – MarthaJo
The Boys of Summer – New Kid In Town
Wasted Time – Ive always been a dreamer
Tequila Sunrise – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
The Boys of Summer
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
You Belong to the City
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 8 is now in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, 4/16.

MarthaJo56
04-15-2020, 12:50 AM
You Belong to the City
Dirty Laundry

New Kid In Town
04-15-2020, 02:59 PM
I vote for Boys of Summer and Take It To The Limit.

WalshFan88
04-15-2020, 10:05 PM
Take It To The Limit and You Belong To The City

04-16-2020, 05:08 PM
Hey guys - c'mon the round ends tonight and there are only three folks who have voted. This would be an all time low in the history of the Survivor games. Pathetic!

shunlvswx
04-16-2020, 05:11 PM
I was waiting on who's voting for what. I don't want lose Dirty Laundry gone. Like I said. It deserve to go to the top 10. The most fun song on the DVD.

Take It To The Limit and You Belong To The City

Glennsallnighter
04-16-2020, 05:14 PM
I don't want to see either TITTL or YBTTC eliminated at this point. So I'm going to vote for Dirty Laundry and Boys of Summer. Please Glennies if you don't want to see these songs go, join the coalition and vote of DL and BOS!

shunlvswx
04-16-2020, 05:27 PM
Come on everybody who loves the guys having fun (even if it was a solo song). Don't vote off Dirty Laundry yet. You can vote off Boys Of Summer, but I want Dirty Laundry safe.

scottside
04-16-2020, 05:37 PM
Boys of Summer
You Belong To The City

sodascouts
04-16-2020, 06:14 PM
I see what you're saying, shun. The guys do seem to be having such fun on "Dirty Laundry"! Therefore, even though I think "Boys of Summer" the superior song, I think "Dirty Laundry" is the superior performance. Let's keep it on a little longer!

Still want to keep this version of "Take It to the Limit," though. I love it!

So I'm going with...

You Belong to the City
Boys of Summer

04-16-2020, 07:53 PM
Well thanks to those who came in to cast a vote. This is really difficult because I love both of these songs. But ...

I cast my votes for The Boys of Summer and Wasted Time.

04-16-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor are You Belong to the City and The Boys of Summer. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
You Belong to the City – 5
The Boys of Summer – 5
Take It to the Limit – 3
Dirty Laundry – 2
Wasted Time – 1

Vote Breakdown
You Belong to the City – WalshFan88
You Belong to the City – shunlvswx
You Belong to the City – scottside
You Belong to the City – sodascouts
The Boys of Summer – New Kid In Town
The Boys of Summer – Glennsallnighter
The Boys of Summer – scottside
The Boys of Summer – sodascouts
The Boys of Summer – Ive always been a dreamer
Take It to the Limit – WalshFan88

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Wasted Time
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Take It to the Limit
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 9 is now in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, 4/18.

New Kid In Town
04-17-2020, 09:50 AM
I vote for Take It To The Limit and Dirty Laundry.

MarthaJo56
04-17-2020, 10:40 AM
I'm voting for Dirty Laundry & Take it to the Limit as well. TITTL is one of my all time favorites, but I'm not crazy about this version.

Brooke
04-17-2020, 01:53 PM
Well drat, I guess I forgot to vote yesterday!

I don't want to vote for anything now.....but if I must

Dirty Laundry-I do always love the jumping though!

Wasted Time

Glennsallnighter
04-18-2020, 11:31 AM
I'm going to vote off Dirty Laundry and Wasted Time this round.

04-18-2020, 12:57 PM
I don't know if it's too late or not, but I am going to make another plea to save Dirty Laundry. Vote for Wasted Time instead - it is a gorgeous song, but the performance is not nearly as entertaining as Dirty Laundry.

shunlvswx
04-18-2020, 01:08 PM
Dreaming. I'm joining you in saving Dirty Laundry. I just don't get the hatred for it. Its the most fun song of all the songs on the DVD. The guys jumping, Steuart, Glenn, and Joe having a guitar solo at the end. I'm voting for funness of a song not because i hate it or doesn't belong on there because its a solo song.

I'm going to wait and see what other song is going down before the deadline tonight.

WalshFan88
04-18-2020, 01:46 PM
Take It To The Limit and Wasted Time

shunlvswx
04-18-2020, 02:28 PM
Ok. I'm going to vote for Wasted Time and Take It TO The Limit

scottside
04-18-2020, 05:19 PM
Take It To The Limit
Wasted Time

04-18-2020, 07:48 PM
I'll join some of you to save Dirty Laundry ...

I cast my votes for Take It to the Limit and Wasted Time.

04-18-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor are Take It to the Limit and Wasted Time. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
Take It to the Limit – 6
Wasted Time – 6
Dirty Laundry – 4

Vote Breakdown
Take It to the Limit – MarthaJo56
Take It to the Limit – WalshFan88
Take It to the Limit – scottside
Take It to the Limit – Ive always been a dreamer
Wasted Time – Brooke
Wasted Time – Glennsallnighter
Wasted Time – WalshFan88
Wasted Time – shunlvswx
Wasted Time – scottside
Dirty Laundry – Brooke

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Lyin' Eyes
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Dirty Laundry
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 10 is now in progress and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Monday, 4/20.

MarthaJo56
04-19-2020, 01:55 AM
Dirty Laundry & Life in the Fast Lane

sodascouts
04-19-2020, 04:29 PM
I’m voting for Dirty Laundry and Lying Eyes.

I love Lyin’ Eyes, but of those left, I think its performance probably has the least oomph.

Wow, this is getting really hard... and we still have 12 left!

WalshFan88
04-19-2020, 04:52 PM
Lyin' Eyes and Life In The Fast Lane

New Kid In Town
04-19-2020, 07:55 PM
Dirty Laundry and Life In The Fast Lane.

shunlvswx
04-19-2020, 08:22 PM
Ok. I'm voting for Lying Eyes and Life In The Fast Lane.

Come on!!! Let's save Dirty Laundry again. The most fun song on the DVD. Don't vote off the fun energetic all the guys are into it song.

scottside
04-19-2020, 10:07 PM
Life In The Fast Lane
Lying Eyes

04-20-2020, 10:13 AM
Wow - I came in here just now and am utterly stunned to see the votes for Life in the Fast Lane. It is one of the best performances on the DVD to me. As much as I love Dirty Laundry and would love for it to stay, I think LITFL deserves to stay even more. There's no other way for me to describe it other than to say IT ROCKS - probably more than any other performance on the DVD!!!

Brooke
04-20-2020, 04:19 PM
Dirty Laundry & Lyin' Eyes

Love them both, but....

Glennsallnighter
04-20-2020, 04:41 PM
Dirty laundry and The Long Run

04-20-2020, 07:46 PM
Well - I really hate to see either of these two go, but it's that time of the game ...

I cast my votes for Dirty Laundry and Lyin' Eyes.

04-20-2020, 08:00 PM
The next two performances to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor are Dirty Laundry and Lyin' Eyes. The tribe has spoken and you two must leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
Dirty Laundry – 6
Lyin’ Eyes – 6
Life in the Fast Lane – 5
The Long Run – 1

Vote Breakdown
Dirty Laundry – sodascouts
Dirty Laundry – Brooke
Dirty Laundry – Ive always been a dreamer
Lyin’ Eyes – sodascouts
Lyin’ Eyes – WalshFan88
Lyin’ Eyes – shunlvswx
Lyin’ Eyes – scottside
Lyin’ Eyes – Brooke
Lyin’ Eyes – Ive always been a dreamer
Life in the Fast Lane – MarthaJo56
Life in the Fast Lane – WalshFan88
Life in the Fast Lane – New Kid In Town
Life in the Fast Lane – shunlvswx
Life in the Fast Lane – scottside
The Long Run – Glennsallnighter

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20

Performances in Play
The Long Run
New Kid in Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Important Note:
We are down to 10 performances so we are now going to switch to single elimination for the rest of the game. Please vote for only one performance for each of the remaining rounds.

Voting for Round Eleven begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, 4/22.

WalshFan88
04-20-2020, 09:35 PM
Life In The Fast Lane

shunlvswx
04-20-2020, 09:54 PM
Oh its on. Dirty Laundry should had stayed.

Time to get rid of some of the boring songs that I think that wasn't fun on the DVD.

I'm voting for Tequila Sunrise.

MarthaJo56
04-20-2020, 09:54 PM
New Kid in Town
(the song, not the person on The Border):nod:

groupie2686
04-20-2020, 10:57 PM
Wow I have missed a lot...everything has been running together.

I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling - I love the song but this is not my favorite performance of it. The fiddle does not belong in PEF, imo!

scottside
04-20-2020, 11:04 PM
Life In The Fast Lane

sodascouts
04-21-2020, 07:32 PM
Hmm... what to vote for now!! Well, I hate to do this, but...

I cast my vote for New Kid in Town.

Not the song, the performance - I just like the others better.

:: ducks ::

New Kid In Town
04-22-2020, 09:31 AM
New Kid in Town
(the song, not the person on The Border):nod:

:lol: Thanks MarthaJo !

I vote for The Long Run.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2020, 05:19 PM
I vote for 'The Long Run' again this round.

04-22-2020, 07:49 PM
Well - This makes me want to cry because I love all these songs and performances. But, although this is one of my very favorite Eagles song, it is not my favorite performance. So, with a heavy heart ...

I cast my vote for New Kid in Town.

And BTW - my favorite performance of this song is on the HOTE DVD ... it is absolutely amazing!

04-22-2020, 08:00 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is New Kid in Town. "New Kid in Town", the tribe has spoken and everybody was watching you. The talk on the street was that there were great expectations, but it was not to be. You must leave the island now, but we will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
New Kid in Town – 3
Life in the Fast Lane – 2
The Long Run – 2
Tequila Sunrise – 1
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 1

Vote Breakdown
New Kid in Town – MarthaJo56
New Kid in Town – sodascouts
New Kid in Town – Ive always been a dreamer
The Long Run – New Kid In Town
Tequila Sunrise – shunlvswx
Peaceful Easy Feeling – groupie2686

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22

Performances in Play
The Long Run
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 12 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday, 4/24.

MarthaJo56
04-22-2020, 08:45 PM
I'm go for
Th Long Run to go

scottside
04-22-2020, 10:53 PM
The Long Run

WalshFan88
04-23-2020, 02:38 AM
Life In The Fast Lane

New Kid In Town
04-23-2020, 09:48 AM
I vote for The Long Run.

And, Dreamer I agree about NKIT. That performance at the Capital Center is the best performance of NKIT I have ever seen. Also love the performances of the other songs too. But, that's a different story and topic !

groupie2686
04-23-2020, 08:34 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

LovinGlennGirl
04-23-2020, 11:37 PM
Voting for The Long Run

I keep missing the voting times, figuring out how to teach first grade from home is quite the challenge to say the least.

Brooke
04-24-2020, 11:56 AM
Completely baffled at what to vote for! I love all these songs.

All I can figure is I think the higher energy songs are more interesting performances, kwim?

I vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling. :cry:

Glennsallnighter
04-24-2020, 01:27 PM
I concur with Brooke that the livelier songs will probably be the final runners, This round I'm voting off The Long Run again.

shunlvswx
04-24-2020, 06:39 PM
i'm voting for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

04-24-2020, 07:50 PM
Well - it looks like The Long Run is going down this time, so I'll vote strategically ...

I cast my vote for Hotel California.

04-24-2020, 08:00 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is The Long Run. "The Long Run", the tribe has spoken and it is high time you quit it. You didn't make it in the long run. You were bent, but now you're broken so you must leave the island now. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Votes
The Long Run – 5
Life in the Fast Lane – 1
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 2
Hotel California – 1

Vote Breakdown
The Long Run – MarthaJo56
The Long Run – scottside
The Long Run – New Kid In Town
The Long Run – LovinGlennGirl
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Brooke
Peaceful Easy Feeling – shunlvswx
Hotel California – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24

Performances in Play
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Heartache Tonight
Life in the Fast Lane
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 13 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Sunday, 4/26.

WalshFan88
04-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Damn! I love The Long Run...

While I love LITFL, I don't care for this performance (I prefer HFO for this one).

So...

​Life In The Fast Lane

MarthaJo56
04-24-2020, 09:15 PM
This time ....
One of These Nights

scottside
04-24-2020, 11:02 PM
Life In The Fast Lane

New Kid In Town
04-25-2020, 09:56 AM
I vote for Life In The Fast Lane.

04-25-2020, 12:45 PM
Alrighty - I think I'll try to form a coalition to try to save Life in the Fast Lane. I really think this song deserves to stay around longer. As I said before - the song rocks, which is why the band always closed the last set with it. The band and the audience are totally engaged in the performance and I love the way Glenn, Joe, and Timothy all turn around to face Don at the end. I always think of this as a gesture to show that the concert is a total band effort. Anyway, as much as I love this song, based on past votes, it seems like the best chance to save LITFL is to vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling. If the coalition works, I'll gladly join in. So, my fellow Borderers, please ...

SAVE LIFE IN THE FAST LANE!!!

VOTE FOR PEACEFUL EASY FEELING!!!

sodascouts
04-25-2020, 06:43 PM
Sorry, Dreamer! I actually love this performance of PEF!

I cast my vote for "Life in the Fast Lane."

groupie2686
04-26-2020, 12:20 AM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Glennsallnighter
04-26-2020, 03:24 PM
I love the energy of Life in the Fast Lane, but I love this version of Peaceful Easy Feeling too. All decisions at this stage will be difficuly but I'm voting off Life in the Fast Lane

shunlvswx
04-26-2020, 05:56 PM
I'll join you, dreamer. Poor Don's songs are getting kicked off.

I'm voting Peaceful Easy Feeling. Voting on performance and its one of the weakest song performances on the list. Majority of the songs that's left are weak.

04-26-2020, 07:47 PM
Well - such a shame, but it looks as if the coalition to save LITFL isn't going to work, but I'll go ahead and vote for PEF just the same ...

I cast my vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling.

04-26-2020, 08:00 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Life in the Fast Lane. “Life in the Fast Lane”, the tribe has spoken and we will surely make you lose your mind. We know you were eager for action and hot for the game, but, you can’t have everything all the time. Please leave the island immediately and head on back to the cold, cold city. Make sure you look for the stop sign. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Vote
Life in the Fast Lane – 5
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 3
One of These Nights – 1

Vote Breakdown
Life in the Fast Lane – New Kid In Town
Life in the Fast Lane – sodascouts
Life in the Fast Lane – Glennsallnighter
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Ive always been a dreamer
One of These Nights – MarthaJo56

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24

Performances in Play
Peaceful Easy Feeling
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Heartache Tonight
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 14 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Tuesday, 4/28.

MarthaJo56
04-26-2020, 08:37 PM
Again...One of These Nights

scottside
04-26-2020, 10:22 PM
One Of These Nights

LovinGlennGirl
04-26-2020, 11:58 PM
Voting for One Of These Nights

WalshFan88
04-26-2020, 11:59 PM
​Peaceful Easy Feeling

New Kid In Town
04-27-2020, 09:21 AM
Boy, this is hard. I will vote for Peaceful Easy Feeling. :-(

groupie2686
04-27-2020, 09:13 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

shunlvswx
04-27-2020, 10:45 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

Brooke
04-28-2020, 03:34 PM
Missed a couple rounds. Life gets in the way sometimes!

Peaceful Easy Feeling

Glennsallnighter
04-28-2020, 05:05 PM
Anyone who doesn't want to see Peaceful Easy Feeling go down just yet please voye odd One of these Nights.

So I vote off One Of These Nights this round.

sodascouts
04-28-2020, 07:52 PM
I cast my vote for One of These Nights!

04-28-2020, 07:54 PM
WHILE I CAN'T AGREE THAT ALL THE PERFORMANCES LEFT ARE WEAK, I DO HOPE THAT SOME OF DON'S SONGS STICK AROUND A WHILE LONGER ...

I CAST MY VOTE FOR PEACEFUL EASY FEELING.

04-28-2020, 08:06 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Peaceful Easy Feeling. “Peaceful Easy Feeling”, the tribe has spoken and I think we are going to let you down. Our voice is whispering in your ear, so I hope you're standing on the ground. Please leave the island immediately. Maybe you can go sleep in the dessert tonight. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Vote
Peaceful Easy Feeling – 6
One of These Nights – 5

Vote Breakdown
Peaceful Easy Feeling – WalshFan88
Peaceful Easy Feeling – New Kid In Town
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Brooke
Peaceful Easy Feeling – Ive always been a dreamer
One of These Nights – scottside
One of These Nights – LovinGlennGirl
One of These Nights – Glennsallnighter
One of These Nights – sodascouts

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24

Performances in Play
One of These Nights
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Heartache Tonight
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 15 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, 4/30.

04-28-2020, 08:31 PM
This has been a strange and unpredictable game for sure. If someone had told me at the start of the game that Tequila Sunrise would still be in the game at this point and Life in the Fast Lane would be gone, I would have just giggled at them. As far as Don's songs being eliminated. I think I understand it to some extent. I think it's the difference between Don as a performer as opposed to Glenn as a performer. IMO, while Don's performances are technically perfect, Glenn's performances tend to be more passionate and charismatic. There's a good argument for either style as what makes a better performance. My guess is that a lot of the members voting in the game prefer Glenn's style.

Having said that, I think One of These Nights deserves to stay for another few rounds. Not only is it technically perfect, but it is also uber sexy!

scottside
04-28-2020, 11:30 PM
One Of These Nights

groupie2686
04-29-2020, 11:33 AM
One of These Nights

Brooke
04-29-2020, 04:08 PM
This has been a strange and unpredictable game for sure. If someone had told me at the start of the game that Tequila Sunrise would still be in the game at this point and Life in the Fast Lane would be gone, I would have just giggled at them. As far as Don's songs being eliminated. I think I understand it to some extent. I think it's the difference between Don as a performer as opposed to Glenn as a performer. IMO, while Don's performances are technically perfect, Glenn's performances tend to be more passionate and charismatic. There's a good argument for either style as what makes a better performance. My guess is that a lot of the members voting in the game prefer Glenn's style.

Having said that, I think One of These Nights deserves to stay for another few rounds. Not only is it technically perfect, but it is also uber sexy!

Yes, Dreamer! OOTN is way too sexy to go yet! And, I think Glenn said somewhere it was his favorite song!

I vote for Tequila Sunrise.

WalshFan88
04-29-2020, 04:54 PM
​Tequila Sunrise

MarthaJo56
04-29-2020, 05:10 PM
One of These Nights

shunlvswx
04-29-2020, 05:29 PM
I'm joining everybody and voting for Tequila Sunrise.

New Kid In Town
04-30-2020, 09:50 AM
Yes, Dreamer! OOTN is way too sexy to go yet! And, I think Glenn said somewhere it was his favorite song!

I vote for Tequila Sunrise.

I vote for Already Gone. I really love OOTN so I can't vote it off !
Hi Brooke - hope you are staying safe ! Yeah, Glenn said OOTN was his favorite song and I believe favorite album during the Bob Costas interview back around 1992-93. It has been a very long time since I listened to the interview though.

Glennsallnighter
04-30-2020, 03:51 PM
One Of These Nights

LovinGlennGirl
04-30-2020, 08:20 PM
Voting for Hotel California, just because.

04-30-2020, 08:51 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is One of These Nights. “One of These Nights”, the tribe has spoken and we know that you got desires, but we had a few of our own. Now, you are going to find out, pretty mama that we turned out your lights. You need to be nowhere in sight, so please leave the island immediately. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Vote
One of These Nights – 4
Tequila Sunrise – 3
Already Gone – 1

Vote Breakdown
One of These Nights – scottside
One of These Nights – groupie2686
One of These Nights – Glennsallnighter
Tequila Sunrise – Brooke
Tequila Sunrise – WalshFan88
Already Gone – New Kid In Town

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
One of These Nights - 4/30

Performances in Play
Already Gone
Tequila Sunrise
Heartache Tonight
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 16 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Saturday, 5/02.

04-30-2020, 09:01 PM
Sorry that I am just getting around to posting the results of tonight's round. I have a sick pup and wasn't able to get online. Unfortunately, I couldn't have saved One of These Nights by voting for Tequila Sunrise. In a tie, One of These Nights would have still lost because it had more previous votes. What a shame to see it go. But, at least, I don't have to beat myself up for not voting for Tequila Sunrise.

And, LGG, I couldn't count your vote because it was after 8:00 p.m. I also can't count it for this round since the last round had not officially ended. However, you can now cast a vote for this round.

WalshFan88
04-30-2020, 09:30 PM
Tequila Sunrise

Let's get rid of this soft one and leave us some high energy performances! Let's save Already Gone at all costs!

shunlvswx
04-30-2020, 09:32 PM
Austin. I'm all for high performance, fun songs. So I will again vote for weak link of all those songs. Tequila Sunrise.

scottside
04-30-2020, 10:37 PM
Tequila Sunrise

MarthaJo56
04-30-2020, 11:24 PM
Although ii's an okay version, I am voting for Hotel California to go. I love Tequila Sunrise, so you won't find me voting it off any time soon

groupie2686
05-01-2020, 08:46 AM
I am voting for Hotel California. This isn't the best performance I've seen of it, and the end of Hotel California without Felder just isn't right!

New Kid In Town
05-01-2020, 09:51 AM
I vote for Already Gone.

LovinGlennGirl
05-01-2020, 11:05 AM
Sorry that I am just getting around to posting the results of tonight's round. I have a sick pup and wasn't able to get online. Unfortunately, I couldn't have saved One of These Nights by voting for Tequila Sunrise. In a tie, One of These Nights would have still lost because it had more previous votes. What a shame to see it go. But, at least, I don't have to beat myself up for not voting for Tequila Sunrise.

And, LGG, I couldn't count your vote because it was after 8:00 p.m. I also can't count it for this round since the last round had not officially ended. However, you can now cast a vote for this round.

Its all good, with the distance teaching/learning, I'm not even sure what day it is anymore. LOL

Brooke
05-01-2020, 03:31 PM
Tequila Sunrise

I do love it though.....

05-02-2020, 02:05 PM
Just want to let you all know that the results of this round may be late again tonight. I am going to drop my dogs off to my niece so she can groom them. Then, I'm going to do a little road trip to visit my mom's birthplace. It's a beautiful day and it'll give me a chance to get out, but maintain social distancing. I also need to stop by the grocery store, so I'm not sure what time I'll be back this evening.

Anyway, I'll go ahead and vote now. I also love Tequila Sunrise, but it is one of the more low key performances on the DVD, IMO. I do love the little look that Don gives Glenn though. But still, I think it's time for it to go ...

I cast my vote for Tequila Sunrise.

Glennsallnighter
05-02-2020, 04:33 PM
Looks like theres no real way to save tequila sunrise, so I will vote strategically for Hotel California.

LovinGlennGirl
05-02-2020, 05:44 PM
Voting for Hotel California

05-02-2020, 08:06 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Tequila Sunrise. “Tequila Sunrise”, the tribe has spoken and we know you were workin’ on the dreams you planned to try. It must be a hollow feeling cause now you’re just another lonely song in town. The remaining performances are all out runnin’ ‘round and can return to camp. Go ahead and take another shot of courage and then leave the island immediately. Say goodbye.

Vote
Tequila Sunrise – 5
Hotel California – 4
Already Gone – 1

Vote Breakdown
Tequila Sunrise – WalshFan88
Tequila Sunrise – scottside
Tequila Sunrise – Brooke
Tequila Sunrise – Ive always been a dreamer
Hotel California – MarthaJo56
Hotel California – groupie2686
Hotel California – Glennsallnighter
Hotel California – LovinGlennGirl

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 5/02

Performances in Play
Already Gone
Heartache Tonight
Hotel California
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 17 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Monday, 5/04.

MarthaJo56
05-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Again...Hotel California ( even though the West Coast is the best coast):D

WalshFan88
05-02-2020, 08:42 PM
Heartache Tonight

I just feel all 3 other songs are more captivating performances and better performances overall.

I also want to stick up for Steuart Smith here. I think Steuart, to use a Glenn phrase, was a real shot in the arm for the band! He's a brilliant musician. Some overlook him the same way Dave Amato gets overlooked, just based on principal because they are mad at the singer because the previous guy was fired. Dave Amato being the guitarist that took over after Gary Richrath had to leave REO Speedwagon. Steuart and Dave are as amazing as Don and Gary. And personally, I'm team Glenn Frey and Kevin Cronin. They were in the right. As much as I love the other two as players, Gary had become a problem for the band. As was Felder. I feel like Steuart is honestly one who should have been the 5th Eagle from F1 forward, even though he clearly did not want that spotlight on him and the attention. He does do HC justice!

scottside
05-02-2020, 10:58 PM
Hotel California

chaim
05-03-2020, 08:28 AM
Heartache Tonight

I just feel all 3 other songs are more captivating performances and better performances overall.

I also want to stick up for Steuart Smith here. I think Steuart, to use a Glenn phrase, was a real shot in the arm for the band! He's a brilliant musician. Some overlook him the same way Dave Amato gets overlooked, just based on principal because they are mad at the singer because the previous guy was fired. Dave Amato being the guitarist that took over after Gary Richrath had to leave REO Speedwagon. Steuart and Dave are as amazing as Don and Gary. And personally, I'm team Glenn Frey and Kevin Cronin. They were in the right. As much as I love the other two as players, Gary had become a problem for the band. As was Felder. I feel like Steuart is honestly one who should have been the 5th Eagle from F1 forward, even though he clearly did not want that spotlight on him and the attention. He does do HC justice!

I wonder how many "Steuart Smith is not Don Felder people could tell which one is Don and which one is Steuart if they didn't know and heard two performances of the same song. And if the Eagles recorded a new song with Felder, but told people that it's Smith, would they hear that "Eagles magic". I know people like you could tell the difference, but I'm sure there are also people who wouldn't.

05-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Right on, chaim!

Now, I have no idea how these remaining songs will finish - some of my thoughts ...

Already Gone has a lot of energy and another shallow thought - I love how Glenn looks up to the sky to see the stars.
Heartache Tonight is the most rockin' of all the performances remaining, IMO. I actually like the horns a lot in this one.
Hotel California is technical perfection and the trumpet solo at the beginning adds an interesting dimension.
Take It Easy is a great crowd-pleaser as always, but my favorite performances of this song are the ones with the extended guitar solo.

WalshFan88
05-03-2020, 12:12 PM
Right on, chaim!

Now, I have no idea how these remaining songs will finish - some of my thoughts ...

Already Gone has a lot of energy and another shallow thought - I love how Glenn looks up to the sky to see the stars.
Heartache Tonight is the most rockin' of all the performances remaining, IMO. I actually like the horns a lot in this one.
Hotel California is technical perfection and the trumpet solo at the beginning adds an interesting dimension.
Take It Easy is a great crowd-pleaser as always, but my favorite performances of this song are the ones with the extended guitar solo.

We are pretty much in agreement here Dreamer, although I'd flip flop on that Already Gone has more energy than Heartache Tonight and that's why I want to save it over HT.

TIE in HFO with Joe's solo there is definitely my favorite. You can hear the prototype version of that solo as I call it on the Capital Center concert from the HC tour, but it was finalized by the time of HFO.

WalshFan88
05-03-2020, 12:15 PM
I wonder how many "Steuart Smith is not Don Felder people could tell which one is Don and which one is Steuart if they didn't know and heard two performances of the same song. And if the Eagles recorded a new song with Felder, but told people that it's Smith, would they hear that "Eagles magic". I know people like you could tell the difference, but I'm sure there are also people who wouldn't.

Exactly right, chaim!

Both Steuart and Don were totally precise technicians and that style of player can be really, really hard to tell who's who if they are playing the same parts especially if the listener isn't a guitarist or musician of some type anyway. I can, but man Steuart really has that stuff down to a T.

LovinGlennGirl
05-03-2020, 05:54 PM
Voting for Hotel California

groupie2686
05-03-2020, 10:25 PM
Hotel California

Brooke
05-04-2020, 01:32 PM
I'm voting for Heartache Tonight this time.

I love the song but I've always loved the others more. The performances here are all good imo.

shunlvswx
05-04-2020, 04:15 PM
I'm going to vote for Heartache Tonight.

I like the beginning and they are jamming, but I don't want HC gone and HT is the next song to be gone.

Glennsallnighter
05-04-2020, 07:29 PM
I've left it late this round. Its so hard to make up my mind. lol, but I'm going to vote off Hotel California this round.

05-04-2020, 07:49 PM
Well - it looks like Hotel California is going down this time. I'm going to vote looking towards the final rounds ...

I cast my vote for Take It Easy.

05-04-2020, 08:00 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Hotel California. “Hotel California”, the tribe has spoken and you can hear our voices from far away telling you it's time to check out. You must have known this could be heaven or this could be hell. But, the nightman said to relax with the warm smell of colitas cause it's time to hit that dark desert highway and make your way off the island. The remaining performances can return to camp.

Vote
Hotel California – 5
Heartache Tonight – 3
Already Gone –

Vote Breakdown
Hotel California – MarthaJo56
Hotel California – scottside
Hotel California – LovinGlennGirl
Hotel California – groupie2686
Hotel California – Glennsallnighter
Heartache Tonight – WalshFan88
Heartache Tonight – Brooke
Heartache Tonight – shunlvsw
Take It Easy – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 5/02
Hotel California 5/04

Performances in Play
Already Gone
Heartache Tonight
Take It Easy

Voting for Round 18 begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Wednesday, 5/06.

WalshFan88
05-04-2020, 09:28 PM
I vote for Heartache Tonight.

The other two are better performances, better songs, all of it. Already Gone is worthy of staying!

MarthaJo56
05-04-2020, 09:45 PM
Yeah. Heartache Tonight for me , too.:heart::sigh::weep:

scottside
05-04-2020, 11:02 PM
Heartache Tonight

New Kid In Town
05-05-2020, 03:04 PM
I vote for Already Gone.

Brooke
05-05-2020, 04:20 PM
Heartache Tonight

shunlvswx
05-05-2020, 05:17 PM
Heartache Tonight again for me.

sodascouts
05-05-2020, 07:46 PM
Hmmm.... I love it, but....

I cast my vote for Heartache Tonight.

Glennsallnighter
05-06-2020, 03:44 PM
Probably Heartache Tonight, though I love it is the weakest song of the last 3 songs, but it looks like it will go down anyway with or without my vote. So this time I am going to vote off Take it Easy

05-06-2020, 07:47 PM
Well shoot! Heartache Tonight was my favorite performance left. Oh well ...

I cast my vote for Take It Easy.

05-06-2020, 08:00 PM
The next performance to be eliminated from the Farewell I Eagles DVD Survivor is Heartache Tonight. “Heartache Tonight”, the tribe has spoken and somebody’s gonna come undone, but there’s nothin’ we can do. We know that nobody wants to go home now, there’s too much goin’ on. But, you must leave the island immediately. This night isn’t gonna last forever and you must be outa here sometime before the sun comes up. The remaining two song may return to camp ...

Already Gone vs. Take It Easy

Vote
Heartache Tonight – 6
Take It Easy – 2
Already Gone – 1

Vote Breakdown
Heartache Tonight – WalshFan88
Heartache Tonight – MarthaJo56
Heartache Tonight – scottside
Heartache Tonight – Brooke
Heartache Tonight – shunlvsw
Heartache Tonight – sodascouts
Take It Easy – Glennsallnighter
Take It Easy – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 5/02
Hotel California 5/04
Heartache Tonight 5/06

We’re at the last round. This round is special, so it’s done differently. We’re not going to vote for the song we want to go. We’re going to vote for the song we want to win. This is how they do it on the real show, after all.

Once again...

VOTE FOR THE SONG YOU WANT TO WIN.

Already Gone vs. Take It Easy

Voting for the final round begins now and will end at 8:00 p.m. ET on Friday, 5/08.

MarthaJo56
05-06-2020, 09:37 PM
This is really tough, but I look at it this way. I love them both, so whichever loses, it's still in 2nd place.
I'll go with "ALREADY GONE" to be in 2nd place.:guitar:

scottside
05-06-2020, 11:05 PM
I vote for "Take It Easy" for the win. I would've liked "Already Gone" better if Glenn had played his usual solo.

WalshFan88
05-07-2020, 12:06 AM
Already Gone for the win!

New Kid In Town
05-07-2020, 09:02 AM
TAKE IT EASY FOR THE WIN !

groupie2686
05-07-2020, 09:49 AM
Sorry I missed the last round, work has been insane...this is tough, all of my favorite performances were voted off early in the game, so I don't even know what to pick now. I guess I'll go with Take It Easy for the win, although either would be fine with me!

shunlvswx
05-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Already Gone.

I love the energy. A guitar solo from Joe during the middle which Joe usually don't do the solo. Glenn flexing his muscle. Glenn looking at the sky during the line "When you look up in the sky."

Brooke
05-07-2020, 02:36 PM
Yay!!! Two of my very favorite songs are left! :yay:

I have to vote for Take It Easy for the win!!! :blueblob:

It's just always been my most favorite of all!!!

Glennsallnighter
05-08-2020, 11:53 AM
I'm voting Already Gone for the win. Its Happy, its Energetic, as Glenn :heart: himself said about it 'its me being free'. And i too love the bit where he looks up into the sky to see the stars

sodascouts
05-08-2020, 06:31 PM
My first instinct is Take It Easy, but it seems that one wins so often... I want to shake it up. Plus, "Already Gone" is a blast! SO.....

ALREADY GONE FOR THE WIN!!!

05-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Well, TBH - neither of these were my favorite performances on the DVD even though I love both songs. But, I give the edge here to Already Gone. So ...

I cast my vote to Already Gone for the win.

05-08-2020, 08:00 PM
Well … what a surprise here. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe this is the first time in the history of the Survivor games that the game ended in a tie. According to the games rules - In the final round, if the tiebreaker does not resolve the last round, then the tie will be allowed to stand. So congratulations to our winners …

Take It Easy and Already Gone

Votes
Take It Easy – 5
Already Gone – 5

Previous Votes
Take It Easy – 3
Already Gone – 3

Vote Breakdown
Take It Easy – MarthaJo56
Take It Easy – scottside
Take It Easy – New Kid In Town
Take It Easy – groupie2686
Take It Easy – Brooke
Already Gone – WalshFan88
Already Gone – shunlvsw
Already Gone – Glennsallnighter
Already Gone – sodascouts
Already Gone – Ive always been a dreamer

Performances Eliminated
Silent Spring 4/02
Sunset Grill 4/02
Life's Been Good 4/04
No More Cloudy Days 4/06
Hole in the World 4/08
Funk #49 4/08
One Day at a Time 4/10
Walk Away 4/10
Rocky Mountain Way 4/12
In the City 4/14
Desperado 4/14
The Boys of Summer 4/16
Wasted Time 4/18
Dirty Laundry 4/20
Lyin' Eyes 4/20
New Kid in Town 4/22
The Long Run 4/24
Tequila Sunrise 5/02
Hotel California 5/04
Heartache Tonight 5/06

Once again ...

CONGRATS TO OUR WINNERS:

TAKE IT EASY and ALREADY GONE!!!

Thanks for playing and hope everyone enjoyed the game!

sodascouts
05-09-2020, 12:28 AM
What a cool way to end it!

Congrats Already Gone and Take It Easy!

And thank you so much, Dreamer, for your Herculean efforts running this mammoth game!

WalshFan88
05-09-2020, 12:38 AM
I'll count it as a win for Already Gone. :hilarious:

Congrats to both and thanks Dreamer for running another fun game.

05-09-2020, 12:18 PM
Y'all are very welcome as always.

And I think it was cool way to finish the game, too. I knew when I cast my vote how it would end (barring some last minute vote) and figured it was fitting that the game end in a tie.

Glennsallnighter
05-09-2020, 05:07 PM
I'm delighted to see that it was a draw! Both of the songs are worthy winners and so it is very appropriate that both came in exactly equal.
Thanks to Dreamer for steering us all through the game!

LovinGlennGirl
05-10-2020, 04:04 PM
Perfect way to end the game. I couldn't decide between the two, I love them both so much. Great game!

New Kid In Town
05-10-2020, 07:36 PM
Dreamer many thanks for all you do in running these games. And, I agree - very cool way to end the game !

Brooke
05-12-2020, 11:58 AM
Hey, cool way to end the game! Congrats to Take It Easy and Already Gone! I love both songs so much!

Thanks, Dreamer, for running the game!

Btw, what was your favorite? If you said, I missed it!