PDA

View Full Version : California Jam 1974 (Rare)

edwardd19
04-11-2020, 12:49 AM
Hello everyone, don’t know if there’s a discussion post for this, but i have been in contact with someone who was a cameraman at the California Jam in 1974. As many know, the eagles played there, and so far only 4 clips of them performing there are available (take it easy, already Gone, midnight flyer, and james dean). Many may not know this, but these four songs are only half of the songs that they actually played there, the full setlist goes like this
witchy woman
good day in hell
already gone
midnight flyer
early bird
on the border
james dean
outlaw man
take it easy
The cameraman i spoke to says he has the 4 remaining songs and is considering on sharing them with me, i just wanted to know if anyone has any photos from the cal jam? i will attach the image of the original “script book” that ABC and the directors made for the eagles, pretty rare. Enjoy!

scottside
04-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Hello everyone, don’t know if there’s a discussion post for this, but i have been in contact with someone who was a cameraman at the California Jam in 1974. As many know, the eagles played there, and so far only 4 clips of them performing there are available (take it easy, already Gone, midnight flyer, and james dean). Many may not know this, but these four songs are only half of the songs that they actually played there, the full setlist goes like this
witchy woman
good day in hell
already gone
midnight flyer
early bird
on the border
james dean
outlaw man
take it easy
The cameraman i spoke to says he has the 4 remaining songs and is considering on sharing them with me, i just wanted to know if anyone has any photos from the cal jam? i will attach the image of the original “script book” that ABC and the directors made for the eagles, pretty rare. Enjoy!

Wow, that is wild and the first time I've ever heard about this. I always thought it strange that Henley had no lead vocals in the songs that there are already videos for. Now, it makes sense. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but I was not aware that they ever played "On The Border" live. I'd love to hear that!

KingWalsh
04-11-2020, 10:00 AM
I would love to see footage as well! Especially "on the border". I love that song! I don't see the attachment? Did it load? Please keep us posted edwardd19!

edwardd19
04-11-2020, 10:25 AM
when you see these scripts its very cool!25442545

edwardd19
04-11-2020, 10:29 AM
Im sorry that the image is so small if anyone knows how to make images bigger please let me know

Ive always been a dreamer
04-11-2020, 11:14 AM
These are very cool and thanks so much for sharing. I don't have much time right now, but I can try to play around with them later and see if I can enlarge them without much degradation in quality. Unfortunately, I don't have very sophisticated image software on my laptop, but I'll be glad to try.

They are small because you are uploading to the site as an attachment. In order to post an image true to size on the board, you have to upload tyour image file to a secondary image-hosting site such as Imgur, PostImage, or Photobucket, and then copy the link from the site in your post here. That is the best way to do it to post the best quality image. The first two are free services, but Photobucket is not.

If anyone else can work on this before I get around to it, please do.

edwardd19
04-11-2020, 11:30 AM
https://postimg.cc/YvKNtVTL

edwardd19
04-11-2020, 11:31 AM
These are very cool and thanks so much for sharing. I don't have much time right now, but I can try to play around with them later and see if I can enlarge them without much degradation in quality. Unfortunately, I don't have very sophisticated image software on my laptop, but I'll be glad to try.

They are small because you are uploading to the site as an attachment. In order to post an image true to size on the board, you have to upload tyour image file to a secondary image-hosting site such as Imgur, PostImage, or Photobucket, and then copy the link from the site in your post here. That is the best way to do it to post the best quality image. The first two are free services, but Photobucket is not.

If anyone else can work on this before I get around to it, please do.

thANK YOU i have done it! i appreciate your help!
here are the links
https://postimg.cc/YvKNtVTL
https://postimg.cc/dkLZ2mzK

Ive always been a dreamer
04-11-2020, 11:42 AM
No - THANK YOU! These are very cool! :yay:

LuvTim
04-11-2020, 03:02 PM
SO cool! Thanks! 😊

KingWalsh
04-12-2020, 08:34 AM
very cool indeed Edwardd19!! Kudos!:band:

Shadowland07
04-13-2020, 12:30 AM
Oh man, I'd love to see the other songs! I wonder what "Good Day In Hell" sounds like without Felder on slide, and a live version of "On the Border" would be amazing! I hope you are able to get a hold of the videos and share them with us!

NightMistBlue
04-13-2020, 11:43 AM
Oh my gosh, do we dare even hope that we may get to see this someday???

Wasn't it believed that they never performed "On the Border" live? It would be so amazing to see and hear that.

Brooke
04-13-2020, 02:45 PM
Oh wow, yes that would be cool! Please!! :pray:

Delilah
04-13-2020, 04:31 PM
Thank you, edwardd19 for these images.:thumbsup: When you say the guy has the 4 remaining songs, do you mean on video? How awesome that would be to see!

New Kid In Town
04-13-2020, 05:36 PM
What a cool find ! And after all these years we thought there was only those known videos from Calif. Jam. Thanks edwardd19.
How coll would that be to find that film footage !

NightMistBlue
04-16-2020, 08:44 AM
Will we ever hear from Edward again?

This is what happens, man: people come in here and swear that some rare treasure of Eagles lore exists and then... nothin’. They vanish, leaving a chain of broken hearts 5 miles long.

edwardd19
04-16-2020, 01:57 PM
hahah no, i am actually here to stay lolll, anyways i have good knows and bad news, the good news, i have screenshots from the pro-shot footage of them performing "on the border" and "witchy woman" from the California jam, the cameraman was kind enough to share several screenshots with me, the bad news, is that he recorded over "tequila sunrise" "peaceful easy feeling" "earlybird" and "good day in hell" when he was converting it from VHS to DVD, anyways i am still speaking with him to see if i can hopefully get the footage that he has left that were never released. here are the links! https://imgur.com/xTQHAJH https://imgur.com/0TnwIuM

KingWalsh
04-16-2020, 07:16 PM
Pics are SUPER COOL 😎 thanks for sharing!! Heartbreaker regarding the videos recorded over. He must be kicking himself:stunned::stunned:
Fingers crossed he'll share some more stuff:pray:

NightMistBlue
04-16-2020, 07:58 PM
Thank you, Edward! And I’m glad you’re here to stay. Good luck in your dealings with the cameraman.

LuvTim
04-18-2020, 07:33 PM
Wow, I look at that ocean of people, as far as the eye can see, all that time out in that blazing sun and all I can do is just kinda laugh and shake my head, ya know? Man, the stories those people could probably tell!
I love all the old photos! 8-)

Brooke
04-20-2020, 04:22 PM
Wow, I look at that ocean of people, as far as the eye can see, all that time out in that blazing sun and all I can do is just kinda laugh and shake my head, ya know? Man, the stories those people could probably tell!
I love all the old photos! 8-)

And the sunburns! :lol:

MarthaJo56
04-24-2020, 03:12 PM
And the sunburns! :lol:

I have lots of friends that went and yes, it was really hot.
But we're kinda used to it here in Southern California.
I didn't go because I was too busy trying to be a grown up. I graduated from high school mid-term in in 1974 and moved into my own apartment a week later. I lived on my won, with just a PT job , no car and rent to pay. Boy, was I stupid. It was a funtime, but I still missed out on a lot.