PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Charlie Watts

Ive always been a dreamer
08-24-2021, 06:26 PM
Sadly, I just heard that Chariie Watts, the Rolling Stones drummer since 1963 has passed away at age 80. I was beginning to think this band was invincible, but I guess nothing is forever. But, he sure had a helluva run. My heart goes out to Charlie's family, friends, and fan.

R.I.P. Charlie Watts

Elle81
08-24-2021, 11:27 PM
I saw this on Facebook and then just as I was reading the article, the DJ on the radio said something about it. He was 80, but still. It's a shock because he had just tweeted that he was in the hospital to get a minor surgery done and that he was excited to get back to preforming. The DJ then said "and now we will never get to see him preform again" and I had to try real hard not to loose it right there on the train. The Rolling Stones are a band I know and love. They're in my top 10 favorite rock band list. And Charlie Watts was an amazing drummer, one of the greatest in my opinion. R.I.P. Mr. Watts.

LuvTim
08-26-2021, 10:05 PM
R.I.P. to the talented and stylish Charlie Watts. :-(

KingWalsh
08-28-2021, 03:34 AM
Such a loss. Charlie Watts a great pocket drummer. Classy not showy, served the songs. So true dreamer, Rolling Stones seemed indestructible. Prayers for all

WalshFan88
08-30-2021, 03:11 PM
RIP Charlie Watts. An underrated drummer much like Ringo Starr. He wasn't technical but he sure knew how to groove.