PDA

View Full Version : What's happening in your life? 11/06-08/08

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11

sodascouts
10-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Clever! Love it.

Maleah
10-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Thanks so much everyone!! I'm so pathetically indecisive. :lol: I'm now considering staying at Walmart part-time for a couple months longer for extra Christmas spending cash (and a certain date ;) ) :lol: I still have to think about it though.

Maleah
10-01-2007, 11:33 PM
I like the new car FP! I like the plates too ;) :D

SweetHolly
10-02-2007, 02:21 AM
Thanks so much everyone!! I'm so pathetically indecisive. :lol: I'm now considering staying at Walmart part-time for a couple months longer for extra Christmas spending cash (and a certain date ;) ) :lol: I still have to think about it though.
Awesome Maleah!! :)

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 03:07 AM
Cool car, FP. I like it and the number plate and the color. :D

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2007, 05:09 AM
Thats a gorgeous car FP, and a cool number plate! :wink: Safe driving to you all. Interestingly, do you guys drive on the left hand side as well as us? I didn't think there were many nations left who do. :?: :?:

DonFan
10-02-2007, 09:09 AM
That's a beautiful new car, FP.

My 81-yr-old mother bought a new car last week--a Honda SUV--against her children's wishes I might add. She had a old Ford Windstar which was perfectly fine to get her back & forth to church and to Publix grocery, her two main destinations. When my sister & I realized we couldn't talk her out of it, we reluctantly praised her decision, and yesterday I asked Mom how she liked driving it. She said, ""Oh, I don't know what all the buttons do yet, & I'm too scared to drive it. It's just sitting in the driveway." :roll: :shock:

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 09:21 AM
:shock: http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif Sorry DF, I know it's not really funny but the way you wrote this makes me laughing.
I think that car was too expensive to be just sitting in the driveway. Seems you are going to get a side job as a chauffeur. :wink:

DonFan
10-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I think that car was too expensive to be just sitting in the driveway. Seems you are going to get a side job as a chauffeur. :wink:

My point exactly.
And my sis & I can't be chauffeurs--we both live 2 hours away from Mom in opposite directions--so she is going to have to learn to drive her new car to come see us!

glenneaglesfan
10-02-2007, 01:36 PM
Fp, congratulations on your husband's new car. My petrolhead sons really like those new Civics - they go into the 'cool' category!

Maleah, I hope you can make a decision soon!

Df, I have sympathies - my Dad wanted a new car a couple of years ago and was set on a Toyota Yaris, but in the end he got another Ford Fiesta (his fourth!) to my relief, because at least he knew where the gear lever was, etc. The first week he knocked off the wing mirror, and a couple of weeks later a bollard leapt out at him and scraped the nearside. How I wish they'd give up and use taxis.

DonFan
10-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks, GEF.
What's a bollard?

Brooke
10-02-2007, 03:22 PM
Nice car, Fp. I like the color and the plate, too! 8)

DF, I'm feeling for ya with your Mom's new car. My parents are aging also and they scare me with their driving. But who is gonna tell them? Not me, that's for sure! Well, I guess I would if it came to that, but... :headshake:

EasyFeeling
10-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I just wanted to post some photos from Berlin:

A piece of the Berliner wall:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Ungeordnet099.jpg

There was a exhibition with bears (town's landmark) every bear has a country related painting:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Ungeordnet090A.jpg

You can see it better on this photo:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l76/elafo/Ungeordnet093.jpg

DonFan
10-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Those pictures are great, EF! I especially love the bear pics.

We went to Kansas City to visit friends a couple of years ago and they had an exhibition of painted cows. Everywhere we went we saw cows--Elvis cows, Marilyn Monroe cows, Elton John cows, cows covered in daisies or sunflowers or jewels, cows tipped over, you name it. Our daughters were younger then and they got a big kick out of playing "who can spot the next cow."

Molly
10-02-2007, 05:31 PM
DF, my 80 plus year old mother in law did the same thing a few years ago. She arrived at our house in a brand new black Grand Prix with fat tires, incredible rims, a spoiler on the back, tinted windows and an expensive sound system. My two teenage boys (who were driving inexpensive old beat up clunkers at the time) just stared with their mouths hanging open.

Seems she went to a local car dealership all by herself and that's what some slick salesman sold her! Waaaay more car than she needed.

As she left our house, she pulled onto our street and hit the gas not realizing the power she had under the hood. She took off VROOOOOM up the street. :shock:

She's 87 years old now and still driving it! Of course, it has a few dings and dents where she's hit things over the years! My boys still walk past it shaking their heads!

EF -we have a tiny little piece of the Berliner Wall that hubby got on a trip a few years ago!

DonFan
10-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Molly, we have two teenage daughters who feel the same way your boys do. Our oldest is driving around in an old Saturn, and our youngest turns 16 in February and she knows we can't afford to get her the "cool" car she wants, and here is their grandmother with this shiny new set of wheels. Ah, the injustice of it all! :wink:

Freypower
10-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Thats a gorgeous car FP, and a cool number plate! :wink: Safe driving to you all. Interestingly, do you guys drive on the left hand side as well as us? I didn't think there were many nations left who do. :?: :?:

Yes, we drive on the left. My car is a Renault Clio. I bought mine (with my superannuation payout). Mike's is leased so he changes every four years.

EF, those are awesome photos of Berlin. Look at all those postcards! :twisted: :shock: My mother will be there in a few weeks on her second trip there. And she's also got a piece of the Wall.

SweetHolly
10-02-2007, 10:27 PM
Nice car FP!

Great pictures EF.

DF, I can relate with you.

EasyFeeling
10-03-2007, 06:09 AM
EF, those are awesome photos of Berlin. Look at all those postcards! :twisted: :shock: My mother will be there in a few weeks on her second trip there. And she's also got a piece of the Wall.

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif I thought you would notice that. I always have to think of you when I see postcards. :wink: I've never seen so many as in Berlin. Good for you that your mother will be there. :wink:

Getting a piece of the wall seems to be a very popular. :wink:

Mrs Frey
10-03-2007, 07:05 AM
A couple of days with limited or no Board time and I've managed to miss so much - good grief! :shock: You girls all have such interesting lives. Let's see - where do I start:

Soda, congratulations on your professor's positive response to your dissertation! You're such an intelligent young lady - I had every confidence in you.

Maleah, congratulations to you on the new job opportunity. You seem to have a bit of a dilemma on your hands regarding leaving Wal-mart, but I hope that you will make the right decision in the end. Your colleagues are very kind! :D

Brooke, I see you removed your piccie before I could have a good look at you (remember, I didn't know which one you were :blush: - thanks, Dreamer)! Nevermind - I do recall that all three of you looked great!

GEF, your shells are lovely. I also used to have a habit of picking up shells whenever I went to the beach (which isn't very often - not then and not now :( ). I have a collection of shells that my mom bought for me years ago, which I display on my dressing table. I also enjoyed your description of your sons: "petrolheads". :laugh: I don't think they would find my pink 1968 VW Beetle particularly cool... :wink:

DF, I had to laugh when I read the story about your mom's new car. The poor dear! She's funny, although I'm sure she's not aware of it! She probably just wants to enjoy her senior years as much as possible, although she's not going about it in the right way :shock:. I hope she learns to drive her car!

I also enjoyed your story about the painted cow exhibition in Kansas City. In 2004/2005 we had a painted cow exhibition all around South Africa, although I can't remember what it was for. When my previous band and I played the V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre (Cape Town) in January 2005, we had one of the cows on stage with us! :lol:

FP, your hubby's car is cool 8). The number plate is even more cool. :D

GA, South Africans also drive on the left hand side of the road.

EF, your pics of Berlin are very nice.

Molly, your story about your mom's new car was particularly amusing, especially the part about her putting her foot on the gas and getting more va-va-voom than she expected! :lol: Slick car salesman, indeed. Aren't they awful? :roll:

Phew, I hope I've covered everything. My 10c worth is that I'm performing for the Portuguese Blessing of the Fleet at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town on Sunday afternoon. I also attended two auditions on Saturday and last night for a Beatles show being produced by an amateur dramatic society, opening in February next year. I seemed to have been successful (the auditions were for singing, acting and dancing), but I think the punishing rehearsal schedule is going to prove too much for me. They know my situation, and are just waiting for me to make a decision before they cast for the production. I think I have regretfully made my decision :( , but the band is looking up at least, despite some recent disappointments.

glenneaglesfan
10-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks, GEF.
What's a bollard?

DF, I mean one of those metal or concrete posts that they use to stop vehicles going onto pavements or into narrow roads. They have a habit of 'leaping out' at my dad's cars!

EF, those photos are great. There's another chunk of Berlin Wall at the Universal Studios Hard Rock Cafe in Orlando. Gets around, doesn't it?

Molly, I love the thought of your MIL driving around on fat tyres, alloys and a spoiler! Grandma, pimp my car!!

MF, I think you are right about my boys' reaction to a pink Beetle, but that's a girl thing, isn't it?!! Best of luck with the gig, and think hard about that offer for the Beatles show. It may be punishing, but it could open up some possibilities you haven't dreamed of. I'd say give it a shot. And if not, congratulations anyway on the audition!

sodascouts
10-03-2007, 02:00 PM
I understand your decision about the show, MF. You don't want to overcommit yourself. Of course as GEF says you want to think hard about it, but I've found personally that sometimes you just have to prioritize and choose what to commit to rather than trying to do everything.

And this place has been hoppin'. I check every day and still fall behind. EF, I almost forgot to compliment you on your photos! I too have a piece of the Berlin Wall (I think I might have said that earlier in this thread, I know I intended to! lol)

EasyFeeling
10-03-2007, 02:34 PM
:shock: Now I know why the wall is not there anymore. :twisted:
Thanks Soda, I will pass on your compliment to my friend. She will be happy to hear you like the photos. :wink:

MF, congrats on the audition! :) Good luck on whatever you decide.

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 07:04 AM
GEF, Soda and EF, thanks for the support regarding the gig and my audition. I regretfully made the decision to withdraw from contention for the Beatles show, but one of the co-directors to whom I spoke asked me to e-mail details of the band to her, and perhaps a DVD of one of our performances, so that she can perhaps get us a few gigs!

I also got a call-back from an agent, with whom I've been in touch a few times before, and she might be able to get us a few gigs too, if all goes well. A lot depends on how we perform on Sunday, as she's asked the manager of a local restaurant, who is looking for a band for Saturdays in December, to check us out when we perform. Well, we'd better do well!

Mrs Frey
10-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Thanks, GEF.
What's a bollard?

DF, I mean one of those metal or concrete posts that they use to stop vehicles going onto pavements or into narrow roads. They have a habit of 'leaping out' at my dad's cars!

Molly, I love the thought of your MIL driving around on fat tyres, alloys and a spoiler! Grandma, pimp my car!!

MF, I think you are right about my boys' reaction to a pink Beetle, but that's a girl thing, isn't it?!! Best of luck with the gig, and think hard about that offer for the Beatles show. It may be punishing, but it could open up some possibilities you haven't dreamed of. I'd say give it a shot. And if not, congratulations anyway on the audition!

LOL, GEF! As for my pink Beetle being a girl thing, I just happen to love the colour pink - it's been my favourite since childhood - and since two of my favourite artists love(d) pink too, i.e. Elvis :heart: and Glenn :heart: (Elvis' :heart: pink cadillac and shirts; Glenn's :heart: pink shirts), it was just a perfect choice! And I don't mean to boast now, but everyone seems to stare at my car! :D

SweetHolly
10-04-2007, 09:38 PM
Good luck to you Mrs. Frey.

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2007, 03:56 AM
Its a lovely car MF and looks really well. I'm sure you're very proud of it :)

Mrs Frey
10-05-2007, 07:11 AM
SH, thanks for your good wishes. Only a day and a half to go now!

GA, thank you for the compliments about my car. Yes, I am very proud of Monica (that's her name :D ).

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2007, 06:26 PM
SH, thanks for your good wishes. Only a day and a half to go now!

GA, thank you for the compliments about my car. Yes, I am very proud of Monica (that's her name :D ).

My car is called 'Bluebell' as its a blue Ford Focus. Hubby has a mondeo called 'Silverbelle'. No prizes for guessing its colour. I had a whitish focus for just a day last month when 'Bluebell was in hospital' to quote the kids. They immediately named it 'Crystalbelle'!

Good luck with the gig on Sunday MF. Hope you get those December dates out of it.

SweetHolly
10-05-2007, 11:29 PM
SH, thanks for your good wishes. Only a day and a half to go now!.
You're welcome. I will be thinking of you and hope things will go great. Sending you some good vibes. :D

EasyFeeling
10-06-2007, 09:31 AM
That is too funny you named your cars. :D I need to think about a name for my car too. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
10-06-2007, 12:24 PM
My car's official name is "Agios Fidel" which means "Saint Faithful" in Greek. (Number plate AG 03 FDL). However, I've spotted the GF connection, so now I call it "Silver Glenn"!

(Sad, isn't it?!)

Glennsallnighter
10-07-2007, 04:26 PM
My car's official name is "Agios Fidel" which means "Saint Faithful" in Greek. (Number plate AG 03 FDL). However, I've spotted the GF connection, so now I call it "Silver Glenn"!

(Sad, isn't it?!)

No! On the contrary, I think its wonderful!

Saw a car with numberplate GF 9480. I hope the owner is proud of it!

Mrs Frey
10-08-2007, 07:58 AM
SH, thanks for your good vibes for my gig, and thanks, GA, for your good wishes for the possible December gigs.

I don't know at this point whether or not the manager from the local restaurant was present at our gig (I doubt it at this point :( ), but I have followed up about it by phoning the agent, and I am now awaiting a callback.

It was a pity that the time we were supposed to start playing clashed with the World Cup Rugby match between South Africa and Fiji, which was shown on a big screen at the venue. We had to wait for the rugby to finish (and I wasn't complaining, as I wanted to see the match myself! :blush: ), otherwise nobody would have been listening :roll:. Despite the fact that we waited for two hours to start, the reception to our music was cool, to say the least. Three other ladies performed (together and alone) 5 songs ahead of us (with backtracks, but using our equipment), and they seemed to go down well, despite some distinct flat notes! :roll: Okay, I sound bitter now, but I know a flat note when I hear one!

I had two or three people coming up to me and paying me some rather lovely compliments, but the band as a whole was not received with any real enthusiasm, despite the numbers of people who attended the event. I thought the fact that South Africa actually won the match would have increased the general crowd enthusiasm, but I was wrong! :(

Anyway, we gave it our best shot - vocally I thought I was on form, and my lead guitarist and fellow Eagles fan friend gave one of his best "Hotel California" and "Bed of Roses" solos ever, so it wasn't as if we were bad. There were a few people dancing, but very few compared to the number of people present.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all... :sigh:

To change the subject: love your car names, GA and GEF! GEF, your number plate is very cool. And there's nothing sad about your car's new name! :wink:

GA, I love the number plate of the car you saw, too. How cool is that? 8)

Glennsallnighter
10-08-2007, 04:49 PM
SH, thanks for your good vibes for my gig, and thanks, GA, for your good wishes for the possible December gigs.

I don't know at this point whether or not the manager from the local restaurant was present at our gig (I doubt it at this point :( ), but I have followed up about it by phoning the agent, and I am now awaiting a callback.

It was a pity that the time we were supposed to start playing clashed with the World Cup Rugby match between South Africa and Fiji, which was shown on a big screen at the venue. We had to wait for the rugby to finish (and I wasn't complaining, as I wanted to see the match myself! :blush: ), otherwise nobody would have been listening :roll:. Despite the fact that we waited for two hours to start, the reception to our music was cool, to say the least. Three other ladies performed (together and alone) 5 songs ahead of us (with backtracks, but using our equipment), and they seemed to go down well, despite some distinct flat notes! :roll: Okay, I sound bitter now, but I know a flat note when I hear one!

I had two or three people coming up to me and paying me some rather lovely compliments, but the band as a whole was not received with any real enthusiasm, despite the numbers of people who attended the event. I thought the fact that South Africa actually won the match would have increased the general crowd enthusiasm, but I was wrong! :(

Anyway, we gave it our best shot - vocally I thought I was on form, and my lead guitarist and fellow Eagles fan friend gave one of his best "Hotel California" and "Bed of Roses" solos ever, so it wasn't as if we were bad. There were a few people dancing, but very few compared to the number of people present.

Oh well, you can't win 'em all... :sigh:

I'm sure it probably wasn't so bad MF! But I suppose after South Africa's win against Fiji, people may just not have been as focussed. Hopefully the Restaurant manager will have good news for you.

To change the subject: love your car names, GA and GEF! GEF, your number plate is very cool. And there's nothing sad about your car's new name! :wink:

GA, I love the number plate of the car you saw, too. How cool is that? 8)

Yes that is one number plate, particularly if you split it. 94 was HFO year, and the Resumption of the Band, and 80 was the year the Eagles started their '14 year vacation'

So GF 9480 represents the best part of Glenn :heart: 's solo career!
How cool is that?

I wonder if the owner ever intends selling? :wink:

EasyFeeling
10-09-2007, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear that, MF. It probably was not the best time for your gig. I'm sure next time it works better for you. :rockguitar:

That plate number is just too cool. 8) The only one what I saw lately is EF. Several times. :wink:

Today I went to my doctor's appointment. As you may remember they found a little cell change. Today she said it's "only" phase 1. I expect the result of the test end of next week. When it's negative all is ok... if it's positive she recommends to go into the hospital to remove these cells. She said it's a harmless surgery and when it's removed I don't have to bother anymore. I have never been in a hospital <shudder> but if it's necessary...

Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist. :scowl:

DonFan
10-09-2007, 12:51 PM
EF, I can't believe they are making you wait until the end of next week for the test results--doctor's offices can be so slow sometimes! I'm sure everything will be okay--keep us posted.

sodascouts
10-09-2007, 01:04 PM
I'm sorry to hear your crowd wasn't responsive, MF. I'm sure it was more of a reflection on the crowd's mindset than on your band.

EF, hospitals are certainly no fun, but hopefully they can take care of this problem for you quickly. As DF says, keep us posted!

EasyFeeling
10-09-2007, 01:08 PM
EF, I can't believe they are making you wait until the end of next week for the test results--doctor's offices can be so slow sometimes! I'm sure everything will be okay--keep us posted.

So true, DF. :roll: She said the test is a time comsuming process and they do it every two weeks. Last tests were done last Thursday so the next is on Oct. 18.

I will, Soda.

Brooke
10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
Bummer, EF! It's like hurry up and get in here so you can wait forever! :roll:

At least you have the dentist to look forward to! :wink: :P

Molly
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM
Hang in there, EF. We'll keep positive thoughts for a negative test!

Mrs Frey
10-10-2007, 06:49 AM
GA, EF and Soda, thanks for your support regarding the poor response to our gig. Hopefully the next one (whenever THAT will be :roll: ) will be a more positive experience for us.

EF, you are in my thoughts. I hope the test results will prove negative. I also hope your dentist visit will not be a painful one. Shame, you've been going through a lot lately, girl :(.

Mrs Frey
10-10-2007, 07:06 AM
So GF 9480 represents the best part of Glenn :heart: 's solo career!
How cool is that?

I wonder if the owner ever intends selling? :wink:

Wow, GA, when I commented on this number plate before, I didn't even notice the "9480" part. You are very sharp to have noticed it! 8)

EasyFeeling
10-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Yeah Brooke, I would look forward to when the dentist would be a good looking man :twisted: but... my dentist is female. :evil: Today we discussed the further treatment and my part of the costs will be abt. 1500 Euros! :shock: Isn't that cool? :roll: I will do a monthly payment but after all it means: There goes my plan to see the Eagles next year. :scowl:

Thank you all for good wishes. I'm always positive and my motto is: Things are never as bad as they seem. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
10-10-2007, 12:53 PM
Ouch, EF, that's too bad about the dentist. Well, if the Eagles come over to Europe we'll just have to club together so that you don't miss them! Best of luck with the result next week.

MF, I hope you get some good news about some more gigs, and I'm sure the quiet reception was due to the rugby.

GA, cool numberplate!

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 05:59 PM
That's too bad about the dentist EF.

Hopefully, you'll be able to get some gigs in the future MF.

Y'all have probably noticed I haven't been posting the past few days. I'm okay but my computer isn't. It froze up while I was online Saturday night/Sunday morning and when I tried to restart but it gave me this error message about the operating system. My dad took it into his work to have a guy look at it and fix it. I'm such a nervous wreck and really stressing myself out about it. I miss my computer so much. My dad says that it won't probably be fixed until early next week. I'm so bored without my computer.

Ive always been a dreamer
10-10-2007, 08:54 PM
Oh good grief SH - isn't it amazing how attached we all are to our computers. And to think I resisted getting a home PC for years for this very reason. I always thought, I don't want a PC in my home - I work on one all day, and I'm not going to come home and spend all my time on one. Oh well - some things do change, I guess! :shock:

EF - I'll be thinking of you and hoping for good new about your tests - be sure to keep us posted.

And Mrs. F. - sorry about your gig. I hope you won't let it discourage you. If playing music is where your heart is, then go for it!

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh good grief SH - isn't it amazing how attached we all are to our computers. And to think I resisted getting a home PC for years for this very reason. I always thought, I don't want a PC in my home - I work on one all day, and I'm not going to come home and spend all my time on one. Oh well - some things do change, I guess! :shock:
I'm really attached to my computer since that's how I usually stay in contact with a lot of my friends. The waiting really sucks but I'm hoping that it will be fixed really soon. I've been really thinking the worst is gonna happen, but I really hope that this guy will be able to fix my computer. My mom has a lot of files on it and stuff. I miss coming here every day.

sodascouts
10-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh no, SH! I hope it gets fixed soon!

SweetHolly
10-10-2007, 09:37 PM
Oh no, SH! I hope it gets fixed soon!
Thanks. I hope so too. I hope the guy will be there tomorrow at my dad's work. My dad had said earlier it might be fixed by early next week so until then, I'll be coming to the library to check in.

glenneaglesfan
10-11-2007, 05:50 AM
SH, I know how you feel. My computer crashed last year, and I lost anything I hadn't backed up - luckily I had saved most of my photographs onto a cd-rom. I hope the guy can fix it soon for you.

Glennsallnighter
10-11-2007, 06:07 AM
Oh SH thats awful. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I found a new country station on my radio called 'Country Mix'. It plays a good bit of Eagles and has even played a few Glenn :heart: tracks also. Yesterday as it was Wednesday they held a mid week 'Booster'. You only had to text the word 'Booster' into the radio show.........I won it! The prize is the new Bee Gee's album which I think is a 'Greatest hits'. On the way home from my daughters guitar class they played. 'How Long' :D . Thats the first time I've heard it played on Irish radio.

EasyFeeling
10-11-2007, 06:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your computer, Holly. It must be awful being without. Hope it works again soon.

Congrats GA. :D I saw Robin Gibb talking in a German show last week and he said they released a remastered Greatest Hits.

glenneaglesfan
10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
That's very cool about your win, GA! Sounds like a great station.

I went in to work on my day off today to say goodbye to a friend who is leaving. As I was eating a sandwich, the filling I had done recently fell out. :x I have to go to a conference tomorrow, so will have to wait until Monday to get it fixed. Seems like we're all having tooth trouble at the moment!

Glennsallnighter
10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Thanks GEF. Anyone apparently anywhere can listen to it on this link
www.perfectstation.com

Thats awful about your tooth GEF. Maybe it wasn't done properly in the first place?? Hope they fix it properly Monday

Enjoy the conference.

EasyFeeling
10-12-2007, 03:45 AM
I went in to work on my day off today to say goodbye to a friend who is leaving. As I was eating a sandwich, the filling I had done recently fell out. :x I have to go to a conference tomorrow, so will have to wait until Monday to get it fixed. Seems like we're all having tooth trouble at the moment!

When something like this happens you can bet it happens just before weekend. :roll: Hopefully it doesn't cause toothaches over the weekend.

Mrs Frey
10-12-2007, 07:18 AM
GEF, SH and Dreamer, thanks for your support regarding my gig and my music. Yep, Dreamer, I guess my heart does lie with music, but it's tough to make it in South Africa, unless one tries to get onto "Idols". I'm too old for that now, anyway :roll:. Besides, the "Idols" don't last long. They're only the flavour of the month until the next one comes along :roll:. Oh, what a fickle world we live in :evil:.

SH, I'm sorry to read about your computer problems. I hope it will be sorted out soon.

EF, I'm sorry about your dental problems and expenses. As I said before, you seem to be going through a lot lately :( .

GEF, I'm sorry about your dental issues as well. I've had a filling come loose before too, and it's most annoying. I agree with GA - they probably didn't do it properly in the first place :roll:. Just make sure they don't charge you for it again. I hope your conference goes well.

GA, you know how cool I think "Country Mix" is! :D I wish we had stations like that locally. Congratulations on winning that Bee Gees album! :D

I've had an AWFULLY busy week, and haven't been on the Board as much as I would have liked. It's nice to have some time to visit before the weekend.

Perfect Little Sister
10-12-2007, 12:40 PM

When something like this happens you can bet it happens just before weekend. :roll: Hopefully it doesn't cause toothaches over the weekend.

In a pinch, you can put some paraffin in there to help with the pain until you get to the dentist. When hubby had this happen overseas and had to wait until he got back home to have it fixed that's what they told him.

glenneaglesfan
10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for that PLS. Luckily, it's not painful, just a little twinge when drinking cold water. I'd better stick to wine tonight I think! :wink:

Freypower
10-13-2007, 10:50 PM
We had my daughter's 9th birthday party yesterday round my mother's pool. I'm always apprehensive about these events but they always go off with a bang. The girls swam, had their faces painted, ate, swam, broke the pinata, swam...

A couple of the mothers stayed to chat which gave me an excuse to break out some pink champagne. One of them saw the Eagles at Wembley & even had a backstage tour - but she doesn't like the Eagles!

Still a good and slightly sunburned afternoon was had by all while my mother was seeing the sights of Krakow in Poland, no doubt.

glenneaglesfan
10-14-2007, 03:04 PM
Aw, sounds like a great party, Fp, and glad Rosalind had fun with her friends. Wish her a happy ninth birthday from me! Frustrating to hear that your friend had a backstage tour and isn't even a fan. :?

Brooke
10-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Awwww, Happy Birthday to Rosalind, Freypower! Glad you and she had a good time.

And how did your friend manage a backstage tour? :shock: Surely she's a fan now! :lol:

10-14-2007, 03:55 PM
Aww - Wish Rosalind a belated Happy Birthday from me too, FP. Glad she had a fun party. And where is the justice here - why is it that people that really aren't huge fans are the ones that get to attend private functions, corporate and charity events, and special shows! :( :evil: :roll:

Glennsallnighter
10-14-2007, 04:33 PM
Belated Happy birthday :birthday: :birthday: to Rosalind from me too FP. I'm glad she enjoyed herself with her friends.

I too see a certain injustice in a non Eagles fan getting such a wonderful backstage tour :roll:

Freypower
10-14-2007, 08:03 PM
All she said was that her husband knew someone who worked with the band so they got to go backstage. She was quite overt about having no time for the band. I didn't pursue it with her. :cry:

sodascouts
10-15-2007, 12:14 PM
Wish Rosalind a very belated birthday from me as well!

As for your friend - hmmph! It's a pity that something like that is wasted on the unappreciative!

EasyFeeling
10-15-2007, 12:44 PM
Aww - Wish Rosalind a belated Happy Birthday from me too, FP. Glad she had a fun party. And where is the justice here - why is it that people that really aren't huge fans are the ones that get to attend private functions, corporate and charity events, and special shows! :( :evil: :roll:

So true, Dreamer! :evil: That's just not fair!

Happy belated birthday to Rosalind from me, too. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/musik/f070.gif

Perfect Little Sister
10-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Tell Rosalind happy birthday from me FP! We had my daughter's 15th birthday party this weekend as well, even tho her bday is the 6th. I'm still trying to recover! lol She had 15 girls spend the night. A couple of her guy friends came over and hung out with the girls for about an hour, but I kicked them out at 10. The girls played various games and painted tshirts. They watched movies until about 4am. I finally felt it was safe to put my sudoku book down and turn off my light around 4:30am. Of course, the dog had to be let out at 6:30am and then I suddenly woke up and 7:30am for some unknown reason. Then I had to get up at 8:20 (and take my meds) to make sure that the one girl who had to leave early was up. I just figured out why I woke up at 7:30...that's when my son left for work and I had the door chime on so I could catch the girls if they tried to sneak out.lol Needless to say...I'm still tired. The older I get the longer it takes to recover from these things. lol

Freypower
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Good heavens PLS! Rosalind's birthday is actually the 6th too! I guess I'm in for some parties like yours in a couple of years! She's back at school after the holidays so it's quiet.

(She was 6 weeks premature and was supposed to arrive on November 15, my birthday. If she had come on November 6 I wouldn't have minded.... :wink: )

Glennsallnighter
10-17-2007, 04:47 AM

(She was 6 weeks premature and was supposed to arrive on November 15, my birthday. If she had come on November 6 I wouldn't have minded.... :wink: )

I'm sure you wouldn't :wink:

DonFan
10-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Happy birthday to Rosalind and to your daughter too, PLS. Christina, my youngest daughter, is 15 too, and I have lived through many, many parties like the one you described. Have you caught up on your sleep yet? :zzz:

My oldest daughter, Rachel, was also premature. She was actually due on Oct 30 (my birthday) or Oct 31 (Halloween, which she would've loved) but she came almost two months early on Sept 3 (which was Labor Day, both literally and figuratively :wink: ). Now that she is off at college, she has chosen to celebrate her birthday on Halloween and is planning a big Halloween party for her dorm.

10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
This is weird. One of my nieces just turned 18 on - you guessed it - October 6. I also have a niece the same age as PLS' daughter, and they are both named Kayla. PLS' it's a good thing my Kayla's birthday isn't the same date as your Kayla's - that would be spooky! :wink:

Marco
10-17-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm back,
On the last month I was very busy, anyway, I'm back.
So,
-Someone know tha date of relase of the new album of the Eagles in ITALY???
-and also the date of relase of Don Felder's Book.

Great Job, Nancy, Now there is a site for every member of the Eagles.

Perfect Little Sister
10-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Well I guess a number of us had fun New Years. :wink:
Yes Kay that would be really weird if both our 15 year old Kaylas were born on the 6th. :stunned:

Marco
10-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Sorry

I think that I made a mistake :blush:

10-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Welcome back Marco. Sometimes the board is slow to respond, and if you click "Submit" on a post, it will post it as many times as you click. You may not think it took your post when it actually did.

As far as the new album, I think it will be released in Europe on October 29 - I assume that includes Italy. :wink: Check out this thread.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494

As for the latest news on Felder's book, check out this thread.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563
(http://glennfreyonline.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=690&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Glennsallnighter
10-17-2007, 06:14 PM
My oldest daughter, Rachel, was also premature. She was actually due on Oct 30 (my birthday) or Oct 31 (Halloween, which she would've loved) but she came almost two months early on Sept 3 (which was Labor Day, both literally and figuratively :wink: ).

:lol:

Sorry DF but that was funny!

SweetHolly
10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Happy belated birthday to Rosalind.

I still haven't got my computer fixed. I'm at the library now. Going to call my dad to see if he's heard anything about my computer.

Freypower
10-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Happy birthday to Rosalind and to your daughter too, PLS. Christina, my youngest daughter, is 15 too, and I have lived through many, many parties like the one you described. Have you caught up on your sleep yet? :zzz:

My oldest daughter, Rachel, was also premature. She was actually due on Oct 30 (my birthday) or Oct 31 (Halloween, which she would've loved) but she came almost two months early on Sept 3 (which was Labor Day, both literally and figuratively :wink: ). Now that she is off at college, she has chosen to celebrate her birthday on Halloween and is planning a big Halloween party for her dorm.

You know that is funny about Rachel being born on your Labor Day. Rosalind came the day after Australia's Labour Day - I had literally only finished work the previous Friday and she arrived on the Tuesday after the long weekend. So her birthday is always associated with the Labour Day long weekend. If I may be permitted a sly political observation I hope it's a good omen for how she will vote when she grows up. I'm not going to bore everybody with the Australian Federal Election which is on November 24, but the Australian Labor Party (spelt the American way) have been in opposition for 11 years. Some of us have high hopes. Um. I digress. :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2007, 04:38 AM
My neighbour is just after crashing into me as I drove in from the schools this morning. We're both ok apart from being a little shaken but the car is damaged and 'won't go' :roll: Guess how I'm going to be spending the morning!!

Mrs Frey
10-18-2007, 06:29 AM
We had my daughter's 9th birthday party yesterday round my mother's pool. I'm always apprehensive about these events but they always go off with a bang. The girls swam, had their faces painted, ate, swam, broke the pinata, swam...

A couple of the mothers stayed to chat which gave me an excuse to break out some pink champagne. One of them saw the Eagles at Wembley & even had a backstage tour - but she doesn't like the Eagles!

Still a good and slightly sunburned afternoon was had by all while my mother was seeing the sights of Krakow in Poland, no doubt.

A very belated happy 9th birthday to your daughter, FP! I've missed a lot on the Border this week, as I've been extremely busy at work. I just wanted to comment on the two highlighted parts of your post:

Highlight 1: :lol: I'm sorry, FP, I just found that amusing! Looks like they did a lot of swimming!

Highlight 2: I agree with the others who responded to this: it's not fair, is it? You have been a fan for 28 years (and that's just when you fell in love with Glenn :heart: - that's not counting the time before that when you were an Eagles fan) and you haven't had such good fortune. All I can say is I hope it happens for you one day.

Mrs Frey
10-18-2007, 06:37 AM
Tell Rosalind happy birthday from me FP! We had my daughter's 15th birthday party this weekend as well, even tho her bday is the 6th. I'm still trying to recover! lol She had 15 girls spend the night. A couple of her guy friends came over and hung out with the girls for about an hour, but I kicked them out at 10. The girls played various games and painted tshirts. They watched movies until about 4am. I finally felt it was safe to put my sudoku book down and turn off my light around 4:30am. Of course, the dog had to be let out at 6:30am and then I suddenly woke up and 7:30am for some unknown reason. Then I had to get up at 8:20 (and take my meds) to make sure that the one girl who had to leave early was up. I just figured out why I woke up at 7:30...that's when my son left for work and I had the door chime on so I could catch the girls if they tried to sneak out.lol Needless to say...I'm still tired. The older I get the longer it takes to recover from these things. lol

I enjoyed reading this, PLS! A belated happy birthday to your daughter as well. I thought, when I read that she had 15 girls spend the night, that she had one friend for each year of her life! :laugh:

I hope you've recovered some of that sleep you lost!

Mrs Frey
10-18-2007, 06:58 AM

You know that is funny about Rachel being born on your Labor Day. Rosalind came the day after Australia's Labour Day - I had literally only finished work the previous Friday and she arrived on the Tuesday after the long weekend. So her birthday is always associated with the Labour Day long weekend. If I may be permitted a sly political observation I hope it's a good omen for how she will vote when she grows up. I'm not going to bore everybody with the Australian Federal Election which is on November 24, but the Australian Labor Party (spelt the American way) have been in opposition for 11 years. Some of us have high hopes. Um. I digress. :twisted:

Amazing, DF and FP! :shock: And funny, too, DF! :laugh:

Marco, welcome back! :D We missed you.

SH, I'm sorry that you haven't been able to have your computer fixed yet. I hope you'll be able to get that sorted soon.

GA, good grief, girlfriend! I'm sorry to read about your car damages. I hope you won't have any trouble in sorting out this matter.

I haven't got much to report, except that I've been busy, busy, BUSY here at work. Phew! I'm still recovering. It's the first time since Tuesday, and 06:30 work day starts, that I've been able to breathe. At least the worst is over, but I still have a lot to do!

Our band was supposed to have had an audition for a restaurant manager (I think I've mentioned this before) on Tuesday evening, but apart from him not coming back to the agent, and her phoning me on the night we were supposed to practice to tell me so, our drummer has taken ill, so we don't know when we're going to be able to practice again. We're trying to secure an audition for a New Year's Eve gig, which is provisionally scheduled for 26 October, so hopefully our drummer will be well by then.

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2007, 07:11 AM
GA, good grief, girlfriend! I'm sorry to read about your car damages. I hope you won't have any trouble in sorting out this matter.

Great news now! The AA have been here and the guy was able to get the car going again. A previous clutch problem which I've booked in to get fixed next week was all that caused it to stop. The 'mini crash' didn't do the problem any worse.

The body damage is very little which means my neighbour won't have to go through her insurance and we don't have to worry about car hire either.

I haven't got much to report, except that I've been busy, busy, BUSY here at work. Phew! I'm still recovering. It's the first time since Tuesday, and 06:30 work day starts, that I've been able to breathe. At least the worst is over, but I still have a lot to do!

Our band was supposed to have had an audition for a restaurant manager (I think I've mentioned this before) on Tuesday evening, but apart from him not coming back to the agent, and her phoning me on the night we were supposed to practice to tell me so, our drummer has taken ill, so we don't know when we're going to be able to practice again. We're trying to secure an audition for a New Year's Eve gig, which is provisionally scheduled for 26 October, so hopefully our drummer will be well by then.

You really have been busy this week. Hope you are taking at least a little 'Glenn :heart: drooling :drool: time for yourself MF

I hope that the NYE gig audition goes well. We're all keeping our fingers crossed for you and the band. :thumbsup:

Mrs Frey
10-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Thanks, GA. You are such a sweet girl. :hug:

Glennsallnighter
10-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Congratulations on becoming a Border Rebel MF! :cheers: :thumbsup: :yay: :yay: :yay:
Long may you continue to rebel!

glenneaglesfan
10-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Oh GA, I'm sorry to hear about your little collision, but thank goodness no one was hurt, and the damage is less than expected. I managed to tailgate my mum's car when I was pregnant - we'd met up for a walk, and I thought she was pulling out at a junction and followed, but she stopped and I didn't! Luckily we were both (or should I say all three) ok, and the cars were driveable, but it took a few years of no claims of my insurance.

Yesterday husband noticed my front tyre was flat. He changed the tyre for me, wearing his suit and late for work. I'd run over a screw. :roll: This is about the fourth time that's happened to me.

MF, congratulations on becoming a Border Rebel!! :rockon: :D
I hope you get that New Year gig and that your drummer is fit for the audition.

PLS, I hope you've recovered from your daughter's birthday party. I seem to have been quite lucky that my two have enjoyed going out for a meal with us on their birthdays, and done their partying elsewhere! It was different when they were little, but we used to 'cheat' and take them and their friends to the Fun Factory or some such place, so that someone else could clean up the mess!

Welcome back, Marco. Have you seen Donfelderonline yet? :wink:

timfan
10-18-2007, 10:07 AM
GA I am so sorry to hear about your car accident but I am glad to hear no one was injured and that the damage to the cars was minimal. it sounds like you came out of this as best you could! :)

Kath

Brooke
10-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Ga, good grief, I'm so glad no one was hurt in your accident.

MF, good luck with your next shows and hope your drummer is better soon.

We had bad storms go through the area last night. My sister's step-daughter's father-in-law and his girlfriend were killed trying to escape from a mobile home during the storm. This was about 30 miles from me, so our storm was not so bad. The mobile home was destroyed and they were found about 300 feet from it in the yard. We don't know all the details yet. He was 44. A terrible tragedy.

Mrs Frey
10-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Oh, my word, Brooke, I'm SO sorry to read about this awful tragedy in your family! My deepest sympathy goes to you and your family at this difficult time. I'm so glad that you're okay, and that the storm wasn't too bad in your area.

GA and GEF, thanks for your congrats on my becoming a Border Rebel. I hope I'll be around for a long time yet to continue posting on this wonderful Board.

GEF and Brooke, thanks for your good wishes regarding the band.

sodascouts
10-18-2007, 11:02 AM
GA - glad to hear you're getting the car problem sorted out. So glad no one was hurt!

MF - here's hoping that gig works out for you! And I'll add my congrats to your Border Rebel status - you're a joy to have on the board! :)

GEF - UGH what a pain! But that's one thing husbands and boyfriends are good for, lol.

sodascouts
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
We had bad storms go through the area last night. My sister's step-daughter's father-in-law and his girlfriend were killed trying to escape from a mobile home during the storm. This was about 30 miles from me, so our storm was not so bad. The mobile home was destroyed and they were found about 300 feet from it in the yard. We don't know all the details yet. He was 44. A terrible tragedy.

Oh, how horrible. I'm so sorry to hear it. My condolences.

Marco
10-18-2007, 11:07 AM
Welcome back Marco. Sometimes the board is slow to respond, and if you click "Submit" on a post, it will post it as many times as you click. You may not think it took your post when it actually did.

As far as the new album, I think it will be released in Europe on October 29 - I assume that includes Italy. :wink: Check out this thread.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494

As for the latest news on Felder's book, check out this thread.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563 (http://glennfreyonline.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=690&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Thank You So Much

Marco
10-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm happy for the good news :lol::rofl:
I'm sorry for the bad news Brooke :(

DonFan
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
Brooke, I am sorry to hear about your sister's family. It is amazing how quickly those storms can blow in, and how much damage and loss of life they can cause! I live in Alabama in what is often called "Tornado Alley," and I have taken shelter from many, many tornadoes and other storms over the years, so I know how very scary they can be.

Perfect Little Sister
10-18-2007, 01:48 PM

Oh my gosh, Brooke! I just read about this on MSN and then find out it's one of our own.(well sorta) I am so very sorry for your loss. Know that you and yours are in my thoughts and prayers.

EasyFeeling
10-18-2007, 01:49 PM
OMG, so much is happened since yesterday. :shock:

GA, I'm glad no one was hurt! What is it called... blessing in disguise, is this correct?

MF, congratulation on your new status. :D Good luck for you and your band!

Oh Brooke, I'm very sorry to hear that. :(

Perfect Little Sister
10-18-2007, 01:58 PM
GA- I'm sorry to hear about your fender bender. Thank goodness it wasn't serious.

MF- I hope all goes well with the 26th. In the mean time get that drummer some orange juice.

GEF- stop running over sharp things! :D Thank goodness hubby noticed it and was able to change it for you. My dad wouldn't let me get my driver's license until I proved I could change the tire and the oil. I've never had to do it myself...but he made sure I could.

Molly
10-18-2007, 05:51 PM
Sounds like some of you have had one heck of a day! Hang in there!

Brooke, my thoughts and prayers to your sister's family. Things can change drastically so very quickly.

Freypower
10-18-2007, 07:46 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Brooke. I echo Molly - all of you, hang in there.

Glennsallnighter
10-19-2007, 07:36 AM
I too would like to sympathise with you and your family over your loss Brooke. Kinda puts my little 'tip' into perspective.

Mrs Frey
10-19-2007, 07:53 AM
GA- I'm sorry to hear about your fender bender. Thank goodness it wasn't serious.

MF- I hope all goes well with the 26th. In the mean time get that drummer some orange juice.

GEF- stop running over sharp things! :D Thank goodness hubby noticed it and was able to change it for you. My dad wouldn't let me get my driver's license until I proved I could change the tire and the oil. I've never had to do it myself...but he made sure I could.

Highlight 1: :rofl: PLS, you cracked me up! I doubt orange juice will do the trick (that's my favourite drink, by the way), but thanks for your good wishes!

Highlight 2: GEF, I meant to say that I'm sorry for that awful inconvenience that you experienced, but at least all's well that ends well. PLS, my father has coached me on what to do regarding changing a tyre, but he's never actually had me do it. You know, it's not a bad idea to actually do it one day, just for in case.

Soda and EF, thanks for your support regarding the band as well. Soda, I appreciate your congrats, and I'm so glad that you enjoy having me here so much. It really means a lot, as The Border means a lot to me, along with all my friends here. :grouphug:

EasyFeeling
10-19-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm so glad that you enjoy having me here so much.

Not only Soda! :wink:

Brooke
10-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for your prayers guys. It is very sad.

Here's a link to the story.

http://www.wgem.com/News/index.php?ID=17808

I've never been one to be afraid in a storm, but this goes to show you you can never be sure what might happen. And in the middle of the night! Most people aren't up watching tv at midnight. So, if you don't have a weather radio, you should, although there was no tornado warning in this case. They didn't have time to get to a better shelter.

glenneaglesfan
10-19-2007, 11:06 AM
Oh Brooke, what a sad story. I'm so sorry to hear about your family's loss.

timfan
10-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Brooke I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my deepest sympathy to you and your family. :cry: I know in this time of need you will all pull together and for you in particular know that we are all here for you whatever your needs :(

Maleah
10-19-2007, 11:26 AM
That is so sad Brooke! You all will be in my thoughts and prayers :(

10-19-2007, 02:36 PM
First of all, congrats to Mrs. F on becoming a Border Rebel, and GEF - that is a bomber about your fender bender.

Brooke, like everyone else, I am so sorry about your loss. It really is scary to think about how destructive acts of nature can be. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Glennsallnighter
10-19-2007, 04:27 PM
Oh GEF, you've been to work fast. I LOVE the new av! :D

tbs fanatic
10-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Oh Brooke - I just read about that in our paper. I'm so sorry. I'm in Eastern Kansas and we've had a stormy week but fortunately no tornadoes in our town this time.

EasyFeeling
10-20-2007, 05:21 AM
Brooke, what a tragedy... :(

Yesterday I got my results from the second test regarding the cell changes. The diagnosis is the same but I don't have that HPV virus which causes cervix cancer. I have an appointment in the hospital end of October to discuss the surgery in detail. S**t. :x

Brooke
10-20-2007, 09:18 AM
I'm sorry to hear your news, EF. Hopefully though, everything will turn out fine. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Molly
10-20-2007, 09:24 AM
Sorry you have to face going through a procedure, EF. But, the news of no HPV is good news! Keep following through and keep us posted!

EasyFeeling
10-20-2007, 11:46 AM
Thanks. I'm afraid about all that. I asked her if it could be cancer and she said it's rather improbable. I hope she's right. :? Sorry, but I'm a bit depressed today. :(

Molly
10-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Michaela, any time you're faced with uncertain news -it can be scary -that's perfectly normal.

I work in a hospital and nearly every patient's record comes through my hands, and truly I know that it is very common to have abnormal cells show up on a test - I had that happen myself. The important thing is to follow through with all the doctors want you to do. The people who really get themselves into a serious situation are the people who ignore test results or symptoms. You're doing everything absolutely right.

If they told you that cancer is improbable -then I'm sure that's very true. Medical people are very careful about what they tell their patients. They wouldn't say that to you if they didn't believe it to be the truth.

Keep the faith! You're going to be just fine! :thumbsup:

Maleah
10-20-2007, 07:53 PM
I'm thinkin' about and prayin' for you EF! Like Molly said, keep the faith and you'll be fine!

Glennsallnighter
10-21-2007, 04:56 AM
Thanks. I'm afraid about all that. I asked her if it could be cancer and she said it's rather improbable. I hope she's right. :? Sorry, but I'm a bit depressed today. :(

I also am sure it isn't. This problem is apparently more common than a lot of people realise. But I don't blame you feeling depressed. Here's a little 'cheer-you-up'

:wink: http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/1611734980_21b3dcfab6_o.jpg

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 07:13 AM
Thanks for your support, girls. :D I feel much better today. :) It was an awful shock to me but I calmed down meanwhile. Maybe it's because I have never been in a hospital in my life, never had a serious disease so I don't how to deal with.
Molly, good to know you work in a hospital. I talked to some people and they said the same about it like you, it seems to be very common.

Oh GA, I love your "cheer-you-up". :D :D

10-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Michaela - Sorry you are having to go thru all this but, as we always say - better safe than sorry. I have my finger crossed that everything will be fine for you. Be sure to keep us posted about when you go in for your tests.

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks Kay. :) I try to be positive and keep you informed.

DonFan
10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
EF, I am thinking and praying about you too. Keep the faith! :D

EasyFeeling
10-21-2007, 03:50 PM
Thanks DF. :)

rcknalwys
10-22-2007, 12:07 AM
I know that it's maddening to contemplate all the what ifs, but there are so many things that could have caused the abnormal cells. I had a similar situation last year so I understand how the waiting and not knowing is driving you crazy. I had a biopsy done and a procedure to remove the area, wasn't too bad. It wasn't cancerous and I have had 3 normal paps, one more to go and I can go back on the regular routine schedule. Don't think I'm discounting the anxiety or the serious nature of the abnormal cells, just wanted to let you hear from someone who's been there also. All of us here will be thinking of you and praying for good news, so please keep us posted.

Mrs Frey
10-22-2007, 02:07 AM
I'm so glad that you enjoy having me here so much.

Not only Soda! :wink:

Aww, EF, thank you, girlfriend! :hug: I'm glad that you are here, too!

I'm so sorry that you have to go for surgery, but the news you have received seems positive, so hang in there - you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Becky, I'm sorry that you've had to go through a similar ordeal to EF. I'm glad that you are okay.

Dreamer, thanks for your congrats on my becoming a Border Rebel.

glenneaglesfan
10-22-2007, 04:21 AM
EF, I'm sorry that you have to face some surgery, but thank goodness it's been picked up early. Becky, you must have been through some anxious times as well, and I'm glad it's nearly over for you. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

A friend persuaded me to go to a golf driving range yesterday, and we had fun! I even managed to get one shot onto one of the greens. We're going to try a nine hole course near us next time. Naturally, my mind was full of another person who enjoys golf!

Mrs Frey
10-22-2007, 06:12 AM
That's amazing, GEF! I spent some time over the weekend watching a programme featuring Glenn :heart: playing golf :D! I'm glad that you had fun. Have you ever played any golf before? I know I wouldn't have a clue! :laugh:

EasyFeeling
10-22-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks all for your good wishes. I really appreciate it. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/liebe/f050.gif
Becky, sorry to hear that but... it helps to know someone went through this and it turned out well. Thanks for posting that.

Molly
10-22-2007, 07:26 PM
This is what Molly and Ditka were doing 25 years ago tomorrow (10-23)!
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/25yearsago.jpg

Freypower
10-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow, Mollly, what a beautiful photo! Congratulations on your 25th anniversary!

Brooke
10-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Awwww, how sweet! Congratulations Molly! :cheers:

rcknalwys
10-22-2007, 09:29 PM
Here's another one of those jumping from subject to subject posts. I wanted to get it all in so......here goes.....

Just hang in there EF. When the anxiety seems to take over, take a breath, then put on some tunes featuring your favorite fella, that'll put a smile on your face! Not to mention perusing some of the lovely pics being posted.

On a serious note, talking about my own fears with my family was difficult. So any time you want to talk, you can either post here or PM me if you'd like.

And thanks Mrs Frey for your kind words. It was a difficult time, but I had a happy ending, and I hope EF has the same.

On a lighter note, congratulations Molly and Ditka, beautiful pic, hope to see another one in 25 more years. Don't laugh, I know someone who has been married 59 years.....to the same man....so it's possible!

DonFan
10-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Awwww, congratulations Molly & Ditka! :thumbsup:

Mrs Frey
10-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Wow, Molly! Congratulations to you and Ditka on your 25th Anniversary! :cheers: :applause: I wish you many more years of happiness together. What a beautiful photo of the two of you, and what a beautiful couple you make!

I almost forgot to add: Congratulations on becoming a Border Rebel! Long may you post, Molly! :D

glenneaglesfan
10-23-2007, 02:43 AM
Aw, Molly, that is a wonderful photo. Now I see where your boys get their good looks from! Many congratulations on your 25th anniversery, and also your 500th post! :rockon:

Glennsallnighter
10-23-2007, 05:02 AM
Congratulations Molly and best wishes to you both for many more years of wedded bliss. You made a lovely couple on your wedding day and I'm sure you do now as well. Do you have a current pic of the two of you?

Congratulations also on becoming a Border rebel :cheers:

EasyFeeling
10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
On a serious note, talking about my own fears with my family was difficult. So any time you want to talk, you can either post here or PM me if you'd like.

Thank you, Becky. :) If I want to know something about it I sure will send you a PM.

What a beautiful picture, Molly. :D Congratulations on your 25th anniversary and on becoming a Border rebel!

Molly
10-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the well wishes, guys. Ditka (Steve) and I had a lovely day. We're hoping to incorporate a concert date next year with a mini vacation -just the two of us.

Another reason I'm hoping the tour happens!

Molly
10-24-2007, 04:24 PM
EF -thanks for the congrats on the Border Rebel. I didn't even notice until I read your post.

It certainly took me a long time to get there!

Mrs Frey
10-25-2007, 06:40 AM
I'm having a bad day. Tax woes. We won't go there. I will mention one word, though: incompetence!

I've put in for a day's leave tomorrow, so there won't be GFO for me, sadly. The band and I have a gig to perform tomorrow night, which is acting as an audition for a possible New Year's Eve gig this year. It's also supposed to double as an audition for the manager of a local restaurant, who is looking to booking a band for every Saturday in December (I think I've mentioned that before). We're experiencing some logistical problems at this point, which has proved to be an enormous source of frustration for me, as it hasn't yet been sorted out.

As for work, at the rate I'm going, I might have to come in tomorrow after all! I thought taking the day off, instead of just a half a day, would help me relax and prepare better, but I'll need more than just a day to recover from the stress I've experienced today so far! :evil:

I watched The Eagles in Buffalo last night to help cheer me up. It did help, I must confess. :D Oh, yes, and a wee bit of Glenn :heart: in Japan, 1986. :drool:

Brooke
10-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Well, you know what they say Mrs F, the only 2 sure things in life are death and taxes! Good luck with that!

And good luck with your gig tomorrow. I hope it goes well and you get your bookings! :band:

Glennsallnighter
10-25-2007, 03:59 PM
I hope the gig goes well too MF, and I hope the logistics can be sorted out as well. It would be great for you and the band to get those bookings. I really hope you do well.

I hope you also get your taxes sorted out. Returns can be so frustrating. :brickwall: Its Tax return time over here too! The deadline is Wednesday next for the Preliminary returns, and then once registered for preliminary tax we have another few weeks to get everything in. But it doesn't help that Monday is a public Holiday!

And btw LOVE the new av. It is HOT!! :smokin:

And Brooke, your pumpkin sig is just so cool!! 8)

Freypower
10-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I have some good news. Rosalind is in Year 3 at school which meant she had to do a Basic Skills test (conducted across the state) to test her literacy & numeracy skills. The national benchmark score for writing was 11 & she got 38. The score for reading was 12 & she got 35 - right off the page! The score for numeracy was 12 and she got 26 which is the second top band. So she seems to have inherited her mother's talent for English and her father's talent for mathematics. We're very proud of her.

glenneaglesfan
10-26-2007, 04:17 AM
Wow, that's fantastic news, Fp! Congratulations to Rosalind (and her parents). You must be very proud. She's going to go far with a gift like that.

Glennsallnighter
10-26-2007, 07:27 AM
Thats brilliant FP! She must be very clever!....well I mean its obviously in the gene pool. Nevertheless I'm sure she's also put in hard work over the years as have you both. Well done to you all :D

Brooke
10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
That's wonderful news, Fp! Congrats to you, hubby, and Rosalind! :yay:

DonFan
10-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Congrats, FP! I know you are proud of your daughter.

Perfect Little Sister
10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
That's wonderful FP. Give Rosalind a "high five" for me. :thumbsup:

EasyFeeling
10-29-2007, 02:16 PM
Congratulation FP, wonderful news. :D

I just wanted to tell you my surgery date is next Friday 9th. Today I had an appointment in the hospital for a check. I just don't have minor abnormal cells, they are more serious. They want to remove it and scrape out the uterus and cervix. Don't know if these are the correct words but I think you know what I mean. After one week I get to know if the cells are malignant or not.

Perfect Little Sister
10-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Hang in there EF. I know this will be the longest wait of your life. But try not to let it get you too crazy. Given that this was caught early, it will probably not be malignant. I wish I had some comforting words to say...

We're all pulling for you.

sodascouts
10-29-2007, 02:38 PM
I'm so sorry to hear it is more serious than initially thought, Michaela. I will pray for you and I hope all goes well.

Perfect Little Sister
10-29-2007, 02:44 PM
My daughter had a cheerleading competition yesterday. In spite of the fact that one of her flyers went to the wrong side of the floor preventing her stunt from going up and then the second flyer got there late causing the girls to try to rush the stunt up on the 8 count instead of the 5 which my daughter wouldn't let them do so they missed that stunt too...they still managed to place second.

One of the other teams from her gym was supposed to go on and then ended up waiting for 3 other teams to go first. We found out later that the police were interviewing our girls backstage because one of the girls who was on that team last year had run away from home. There's a rumor this morning that she drove her mother's jaguar into a brick wall attempting suicide yesterday evening. Supposedly they did brain surgery last night. My daughter is friends with her younger brother so I'm hoping she'll come home from school today and tell me there was some mistake. :cry:

sodascouts
10-29-2007, 03:06 PM
Wow, how terrible. I hope it was a mistake, too.

Brooke
10-29-2007, 04:20 PM
EF, I'm sorry to hear your procedure is more serious and complicated than you thought. Hang in there, hopefully, it will still turn out good news. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I know the waiting and wondering is terrible.

I hope you get good news, too, PLS.

Molly
10-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Michaela -Hang in there and try to stay positive. Hopefully, you can put this all behind you very very soon. I'll also keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

PLS -I hope your news is good.

glenneaglesfan
10-29-2007, 06:02 PM
EF, I'm sorry you have to go through more than you expected, but it sounds as if they are trying to eradicate any suspicious cells. We are all with you.

EasyFeeling
10-30-2007, 04:55 AM
PLS, I hope it's only the rumor.

Thank you all very much for your wishes. I really appreciate it. It's so good to know that my friends here are thinking of me. This is the first time I have a serious disease and all this is worrying me. I really hope they can remove the afflicted area at one go so I don't have to go again for a second procedure not to speak of a hysterectomy. :|

I'm trying to be positive as best as I can and I'm looking forward to get my Eagles copy, hopefully on Friday or Saturday. Tomorrow I'm going to another concert, the British band Take That, can't wait. Today I've read the first review of the show from yesterday and they put up a mind-blowing performance. And like Nancy during Stevie's show I'm trying not to think about the Eagles concert in London. :wink:

Nancy, thank you for your greeting card and the song. :D

Mrs Frey
10-30-2007, 06:53 AM
I have some good news. Rosalind is in Year 3 at school which meant she had to do a Basic Skills test (conducted across the state) to test her literacy & numeracy skills. The national benchmark score for writing was 11 & she got 38. The score for reading was 12 & she got 35 - right off the page! The score for numeracy was 12 and she got 26 which is the second top band. So she seems to have inherited her mother's talent for English and her father's talent for mathematics. We're very proud of her.

I have a bit of catching up to do, as I've been off the Board for 4 days! :( Busy, busy, busy. It's that time of the year :roll:.

Anyway: FP, I'm so happy for your daughter, as well as you and your husband. She will certainly excel in her future studies.

Brooke and GA, thank you so much for your good wishes for my gig last Friday, as well as my taxes :laugh:. Well, I got my taxes sorted once and for all yesterday at least, so I could breathe a sigh of relief. I listened to my mp3 player for the duration of my 45 minutes in the queue (and this is from 07:05 in the morning! :roll: ), which made things infinitely more bearable. I got plenty of Glenn :heart: to sigh over... :sigh:

As for the gig, we managed to sort out our logistical problems, and got to the venue and set up without hassle. We played from 19:15 to 23:20 (four sets with 15 to 20 minute breaks in between) to a small crowd who really seemed to enjoy our music. They listened and danced, which made me very happy. I really like it when people are listening. Sometimes people just prance around, but they don't really listen.

The restaurant manager who was supposed to turn up to assess us for his December dates didn't pitch :roll:, and after all the effort I put in to get him there, I'm not going to bother to pursue it any further.

Despite that disappointment, we got not one, but TWO dates at the Yacht Club where we did the audition gig for December, one of which is New Year's Eve. It's a lovely venue, and it should be a great gig.

By the way, GA, I'm glad you like my new AV. Yours is pretty HOT too! :smitten:

Mrs Frey
10-30-2007, 07:01 AM
I just wanted to tell you my surgery date is next Friday 9th. Today I had an appointment in the hospital for a check. I just don't have minor abnormal cells, they are more serious. They want to remove it and scrape out the uterus and cervix. Don't know if these are the correct words but I think you know what I mean. After one week I get to know if the cells are malignant or not.

:shock: Oh my goodness, EF, I'm sorry to read that you're having to go through such trauma. I can imagine how worried you must be. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers - I really hope that the cells are benign.

By the way, your words seem perfect to me! 8)

I also hope you have a great time at the Take That concert, and that you get your new Eagles album soon. At least these lovely events will help you to take your mind off your worries for a while.

Mrs Frey
10-30-2007, 07:04 AM
My daughter had a cheerleading competition yesterday. In spite of the fact that one of her flyers went to the wrong side of the floor preventing her stunt from going up and then the second flyer got there late causing the girls to try to rush the stunt up on the 8 count instead of the 5 which my daughter wouldn't let them do so they missed that stunt too...they still managed to place second.

One of the other teams from her gym was supposed to go on and then ended up waiting for 3 other teams to go first. We found out later that the police were interviewing our girls backstage because one of the girls who was on that team last year had run away from home. There's a rumor this morning that she drove her mother's jaguar into a brick wall attempting suicide yesterday evening. Supposedly they did brain surgery last night. My daughter is friends with her younger brother so I'm hoping she'll come home from school today and tell me there was some mistake. :cry:

I'm happy that your daughter's group of cheerleaders did so well in the competition, despite the problems they experienced. Well done to them. I'm sorry to read the rumour about your daughter's peer. I also hope that it's a mistake.

EasyFeeling
10-30-2007, 10:32 AM
I also hope you have a great time at the Take That concert, and that you get your new Eagles album soon. At least these lovely events will help you to take your mind off your worries for a while.

I'm sure it cheers me up. :) Take That is nearly unknown in the USA I think. They have written the titel song Rule The World for the film Stardust and it's nominated for an Oscar in the category "Best Song". I've read the song has been released yesterday in the USA. It's a beautiful ballad with great harmonies. They are no longer a so-called boy band but matured musicians.

glenneaglesfan
10-30-2007, 12:58 PM
EF, have a great time at the Take That concert. I like their new single.

Last weekend we had a family gathering in a cottage in Cornwall. My sister, her husband, our mum and dad, hubby and my two boys. The cottage is very well appointed and the owners have put a hot tub in the garden, so we had the surreal experience of basking in warmth in a swirling mist with cows in the next field! On Saturday we all went to the Eden Project, which has two "biomes" containing a Mediterranean/South African/Californian dry habitat, and a tropical rainforest habitat. These domes contain full size trees, a waterfall, tropical fruits, rice paddies, and are truly impressive. This misty photo does not do it justice, but you get the idea.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/IMG_1721.jpg

I just couldn't help it, but had to call the windy path back up to the carpark the "Long Road Out of Eden"!! Nobody else got the joke.

Brooke
10-30-2007, 01:47 PM
That looks like a neat place to visit, gef! I liked your LROOE comment, too! Very clever!

The other day, hubby and I were discussing something about the Eagles. I can't remember what it was now, but I said something about HFO and hubby looked at me quizzicly. I realized he didn't know what HFO meant and had to explain! :roll:

I've never heard of Take That, EF, but have a great time! :D

Perfect Little Sister
10-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the well wishes regarding my daughter's friend. I was unable to use the computer last night as we were having a thunder storm and one of the lightning strikes nearly knocked out the power.

I have good news and bad news. As often happens with rumors, things got exaggerated. The good news is the girl did not require brain surgery. The bad news is she disappeared after writing suicide notes to her family. She tried to overdose on Ecstasy and other drugs. When that didn't work, she took her parents Jaguar and drove it into a brick wall at around 80 miles per hour. The angels were watching over her...she missed the telephone pole and was able to get out of the car and sit on the curb to wait for emergency personnel. She's one tuff cookie. I would probably have broken every bone in my body. Perhaps all the drugs kept her relaxed on impact...or maybe it was angel wings. I don't know. She's in the hospital now and will have to under go a psych evaluation before she can be released. That's the other good news...with the failed suicide attempt she will be required to talk to someone before being OK'd for release.

Glennsallnighter
10-30-2007, 06:37 PM
I've had the flu the last 2 days ( and should be in bed now :wink: )but Glenn :heart: (Freyonline) kept calling so... well... I'm not! I have a bit of catch up to do!

MF I'm delighted you got that all important New Years Eve gig to do!
If I had no other committments I'd be in Cape Town to see you. And Im glad you like the av! Thanks!

EF! Enjoy 'Take That' I liked them about 15 years ago when they were in their first burst of fame. I'm sure their concert will be very good. Hopefully it will take your mind off your impending hospital trip.

GEF, that weekend sounds fantastic. And of course I do appreciate your joke!

PLS, what a terrible experience your daughter's friend has been through. I hope someone listens to her cry for help and that she can make a full recovery both mentally and physically.

glenneaglesfan
10-31-2007, 04:46 AM
I've missed some posts here too. PLS, I'm so sad to hear about your daughter's friend, but relieved that she survived the crash and now has a second chance. It must have taken the edge off your daughter's cheerleading second, but congratulations to her anyway.

MF, I'm very pleased to hear that your gig went well and that you have two more dates. Good on you girl!

GA, I hope you feel better soon. I'm sure the Border is the best medicine! :wink:

Brooke, that's funny about HFO. I was in a meeting on Monday when my son phoned to ask for the password on my computer - I had to spell out POMPOY. Luckily no one asked what it meant!

Mrs Frey
10-31-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm glad you had such an enjoyable and interesting weekend, GEF. I like the picture you posted, too. And I get your joke! 8)

Brooke, I can't abbreviate HFO when I discuss it with my dad either, as even though he doesn't say anything, he gets that blank look on his face! :lol:

PLS, I'm sorry to read that your daughter's friend has gone through such an ordeal. I can hardly believe that someone so young would go through such lengths to take her own life :( . I hope she will be able to find some peace after she recovers. It is so sad.

GA, I know how awful you've been feeling for the last couple of days, and I hope you will recover soon. Thanks for your support regarding my future gigs. It would have been great if you could've been in Cape Town to see me perform!

GEF, thanks for your support, too. Lord knows, I'm doing the best I can, despite numerous obstacles! :roll:

DonFan
10-31-2007, 11:00 AM
We have so much going on in our lives now! EF, we are thinking of you. PLS, we are thinking of your daughter's friend, too. GA, get well soon! Mrs F, glad you had a good gig and the New Year's gig sounds good, too.

Now, in MY life--Halloween is supposed to be “pretend” scary, not scary like this: both our daughters have had threats in their schools.

The high school where Christina goes to school had threats spray painted on the walls on the bathrooms last Friday saying “Halloween at school would be the next Virginia Tech.” At first I dismissed it as a Halloween prank, and they put extra guards & policemen around the school, but yesterday someone painted “It all starts tomorrow.” The school sent out emails saying the students didn’t have to come to school today if they were scared. Then late last night Christina heard through the grapevine that they have arrested a freshman from her school when they found a bunch of knives and other stuff in his locker. He told the police he wasn’t alone—other kids were in on it too but he wouldn’t say who.

Brooke Hall is my oldest daughter Rachel's dorm at her college. She came home last night for my bday dinner here and surprised me. As soon as she drove back on campus, she found out the campus was on lockdown & they herded her into the campus cafeteria with everyone else from Brooke Hall while they checked everything out. She finally got back inside her dorm at 2 a.m. Two girls living in her dorm (the HONORS dorm) had a fight and one drew a gun.

What is going in the world these days? It is so hard raising children in today’s world! When I was a kid, the only problems I remember were kids setting off cherry bombs in the school toilets! How things have changed.

I hope all of you have a happy and SAFE Halloween!

Brooke
10-31-2007, 01:14 PM
DF, that is terrible! I completely agree, what is going on here! I hope everything turns out ok and no one gets hurt.

Mrs Frey
11-01-2007, 07:08 AM
DF and Soda, thanks for the support regarding my previous and future gigs. I played on New Year's Eve last year, which was fantastic - probably one of the most exciting gigs I've ever done. If the one this year is anything remotely as good as that one, I will be happy.

DF, I'm so sorry to read about the awful scares your daughters had to go through. What is this world coming to? It reminds me of a lyric in one of John Lennon's songs, "Instant Karma":

Why are we here?
Surely not to live in pain and fear!

Some people just don't seem to get that.

glenneaglesfan
11-01-2007, 12:17 PM
DF, that is horribly frightening at what has been happening at your daughters' campuses. I can't believe a girl pulling a gun in a fight, it's terrifying. We hear about awful things in inner city schools here, but the kids involved are usually from backgrounds of extreme financial and emotional deprivation, not bright kids who have gone to college. I hope things have settled down there now. Thank goodness the authorities managed to arrest the people involved. Maybe they can get the treatment they need.

EasyFeeling
11-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Just wanted to say bye for now. The surgery is tomorrow in the morning. You may be sure that I will come back as fast as I can. :P Can't miss the review of our girls. :wink:

Brooke
11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Best of luck to you, EF. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers! And get yourself back here ASAP! And that's an order! :bye:

Molly
11-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Good luck, Michaela -keeping you in my thoughts!

Perfect Little Sister
11-08-2007, 06:02 PM
I'll be thinking of you EF. Try not to worry. When my sister had her surgery she was awake (cuz she has issues) and I sat with her and held her hand. The worst part for her was about an hour or so after I drove her home, she had some cramping. Meds and a heating pad took care of that. I have no doubt you'll do just fine as well.

cyber hug :grouphug:

Glennsallnighter
11-09-2007, 06:35 AM
Best of luck Michaela. We're all thinking of you. :thumbsup: - imagine! By the time you get back to us it'll all be over!

Mrs Frey
11-09-2007, 08:37 AM
EF, everything of the best to you for your surgery. I'm thinking of you and I hope that the hospital takes real good care of you.

I feel like a zombie now as I've had two and a half hours' worth of sleep after a 4-hour gig I did last night. The crowd was difficult to begin with, what with no applause or dancing (but plenty of socialising) after about an hour and a half's worth of playing. The party only really started at 23:20, which is two hours after we began performing! We ended up playing until 01:10, and I got into bed at 03:05, only to rise again at 05:30! :zzz:

Oh, the rigours of being a rock star! :wink: (I wish...)

Glennsallnighter
11-09-2007, 08:48 AM
Well MF you know when the Eagles were having their hectic tours in the seventies wasn't there some comment passed about 'having 4 hours sleep :zzz: a week whether we wanted it or not!'
I guess you've just joined the big band club :wink:
Sure you can catch up tonight!

And I love the new av :D

Mrs Frey
11-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, GA. I'm not in that league, though!

I'm glad you like my new av!

EasyFeeling
11-09-2007, 12:37 PM
MF, now it's weekend and you can catch up on some sleep. :wink:

As you can see I'm back. :D All went well so far, I'm feeling good, no cramping, no pains, just a wee bit scratching in my throat. It was supposed to start at 9 am, but due to some unexpected caesarean it started at 1.30. They gave me a pill to relax but most of the effect was gone then. :roll: However, when I was prepared for the narcosis they put a mask on my face, asked if I feel something, I said no and then I woke up 1 hour later. Everyone was very nice at the hospital but I'm glad it's over. Now I have to wait for the result.
Just wanted to let know you about that. Now I'm going on the couch. :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
Welcome home EF. Glad you're back and weathering this so well.

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Michaela. Sorry for the wait but I'm glad you're not in pain afterwards. At least that part of it is over, although I imagine waiting for the results is just as hard. You're still in my prayers!

Brooke
11-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Great to hear from you Michaela! I glad that part is over for you, at least. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, too.

glenneaglesfan
11-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Michaela, welcome back, and glad to see you've got through the first hurdle. We're all keeping our fingers crossed that the news is good.

sodascouts
11-09-2007, 08:18 PM
BTW, I just noticed Michaela - you have reached the highest rank on the board, "Stuck on the Border," with 1500 posts. You go, girl!!!!

EasyFeeling
11-10-2007, 07:00 AM
Thank you all. :D
Oh, I didn't notice the 1500th post. :shock: :D What is it called in English... chatterbox? :twisted:

glenneaglesfan
11-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Congratulations on your 1500th post, EF! I hope you are continuing to get over the surgery.

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm delighted things went well for you Michaela and that you are now over the surgery. Hopefully the results will also bring you good news. I'll continue to keep you in my thoughts.

And of course, Congratulations from me too on reaching the
'Stuck on the Border' rank.

You sure are!! Stuck on the Border!

Mrs Frey
11-12-2007, 06:57 AM
MF, now it's weekend and you can catch up on some sleep. :wink:

As you can see I'm back. :D All went well so far, I'm feeling good, no cramping, no pains, just a wee bit scratching in my throat. It was supposed to start at 9 am, but due to some unexpected caesarean it started at 1.30. They gave me a pill to relax but most of the effect was gone then. :roll: However, when I was prepared for the narcosis they put a mask on my face, asked if I feel something, I said no and then I woke up 1 hour later. Everyone was very nice at the hospital but I'm glad it's over. Now I have to wait for the result.
Just wanted to let know you about that. Now I'm going on the couch. :wink:

I'm so glad that you're okay, EF. I just hope now that the results are positive. Congratulations from me too on your new Border status.

Soda, I just want to compliment you on the Border status titles you created. They are just so clever and well thought out!

I've developed a nasty cold that has me quite miserable today. At least this site has cheered me up quite a bit. I lost my voice on Friday, after the gig, but I suspected that it was something more than just voice strain - and I was right. So I have a bad head cold and laryngitis. How nice. And I have a gig on Friday, 23 November. Hopefully, I'll be well by then.

EasyFeeling
11-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Thanks MF. :D Yes, the wait kills me. :evil: I hate to be at home the whole day I'm sooooooooooo bored, can't do anything only sitting around, watching TV or films which is getting boring when you are doing it for hours. :roll: Ok, enough ranting, it could be worse. :blush:

Glennsallnighter
11-12-2007, 06:22 PM
MF, that cold sounds very nasty. You need to take care of yourself. Hopefully you'll be fine for your upcoming gig.

EF, I'm sure the worst is over. Try to make the best of your resting time and I'm sure you'll be flying high again in just a short while.

Freypower
11-12-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm glad things are working out for you better EF. Congratulations on being Stuck On The Border.

I went and bought myself a couple of books to try and get back into my 'classic literature' mode. Stuff I haven't read EVER - Great Gatsby, Scarlet Letter, Les Miserables, Nostromo, The Red & The Black (Stendahl), The Ambassadors (James). A bit of light summer reading. This is when I eventually finish re-reading Don Quixote & Bleak House. :twisted:

(Is there a Pretentious Smiley)? :)

EasyFeeling
11-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Thanks FP. :D

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif This literature is hard to digest, I would say. :wink: I rather prefer crime stories or thriller. :wink:

I hope you get well soon, MF.

Today I went to the gynecologist and I have to stay at home for 2 weeks, for the time being. :roll: But I can go to meet friends or so, at least that's allowed.

glenneaglesfan
11-13-2007, 11:29 AM
EF, I would love two weeks at home doing nothing :wink:, but not after what you have been through. Take it easy, won't you!

MF, hope you feel better soon.

FP, I stand in awe. I have never read any of those books. About the heaviest I've managed is Homer's Odyssey. I've read some Dickens and Thomas Hardy in the past, but these days it has to be short and light.

Glennsallnighter
11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Today I went to the gynecologist and I have to stay at home for 2 weeks, for the time being. :roll: But I can go to meet friends or so, at least that's allowed.

And of course you can communicate with friends as well, eh EF :wink: . I know its difficult but try to relax and make the best of your enforced vacation. Treat and pamper yourself a bit, so that when you get back you'll feel rejuvenated!
Take care of yourself. :D

sodascouts
11-13-2007, 07:06 PM
EF, just relax, take it easy (so to speak lol) and amuse yourself on your computer. ;)

11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
EF - Just wanted to add to what everyone else has said. I'm so glad the surgery is behind you. How long will it take to get your results? You are in my thoughts. Also, congrats on being Stuck on the Border.

And Mrs. F - hope you get well soon.

Maleah
11-14-2007, 12:34 AM
Same from me EF! Glad to hear that the all is well so far! Relax and hang out here with your non-obsessive friends ;) hehe.....non-obsessive....that's me of course :D And congrats on the milestone!

EasyFeeling
11-14-2007, 05:26 AM
You're right guys. I should be more grateful that I feel good and have no pains instead to whine about being at home. :roll:
Dreamer, I get the result not before Friday.

Glennsallnighter
11-14-2007, 06:12 AM
No we understand how you feel, an unplanned enforced stay off work is not the same as when it is a planned vacation. (And I know, I had to take 10 weeks off work and really take it easy during my 2nd pregnancy!). But try and keep yourself occupied, and I'm sure the results will be good on Friday. We're all gunning for you. :D

Mrs Frey
11-14-2007, 07:15 AM
I went and bought myself a couple of books to try and get back into my 'classic literature' mode. Stuff I haven't read EVER - Great Gatsby, Scarlet Letter, Les Miserables, Nostromo, The Red & The Black (Stendahl), The Ambassadors (James). A bit of light summer reading. This is when I eventually finish re-reading Don Quixote & Bleak House. :twisted:

(Is there a Pretentious Smiley)? :)

Highlighted text: I thought that was rather amusing, FP! :laugh: I read "The Great Gatsby" for school setwork, although I admit that I don't remember much of it. We saw the film made of the book as well, starring Robert Redford.

I'm not much of a book reader myself, although I do manage to devour books and magazines of my favourite musicians on occasion :wink:.

EF, GEF and Dreamer, thanks for your good wishes for my recovery. My cold is still pretty bad, and my voice comes and goes, but I just have to be patient until it clears up, and not push myself.

EF, hang in there, girlfriend. It's probably the waiting for the test results that's making you restless right now.

Glennsallnighter
11-14-2007, 07:21 AM
I know this has been a bad dose MF. Hopefully you'll be over the worst of it soon. Take it easy as much as you can, and take plenty of fluids and Vitamin C. They should help hopefully.

Mrs Frey
11-14-2007, 07:26 AM
Thanks, GA. I've been doing just that, but my body's been slow to respond.

EasyFeeling
11-14-2007, 12:29 PM
I'm so bored today that I spend a lot of time in the internet looking for a song which was played in the German radio when I was a little child. I always loved that song and still had the melody in my mind but couldn't remember the title and never knew who sings it. I only knew one word: Misty. :roll:
So I googled that and actually found out who sings it - Johnny Mathis. Does anyone know him? The song came out in 1959 :shock: Now I'm listening to that song, again and again. :wink: Brings back a lot of memories. :)

Brooke
11-14-2007, 05:22 PM
I've been way too busy the last few days to even get on the internet, so I'm trying to catch up with everyone!

My son was home for the weekend along with a baby shower and 2 community events that I had to help out with on Saturday. Then on Monday, a holiday for me from work no less, I managed to be sick in bed all day and evening with the stomach flu. Not fair! I'm much better now. Then with the extra day off, work on Tuesday and today was hellish! I've finally caught up and have made it here!

EF, I'm glad you are feeling good. Enjoy that extra time off and hopefully good news will come for you on Friday. Please keep us posted.

Mrs F, hope you are getting past that nasty cold.

Good luck with your reading, Fp. I haven't read many classics. I did see the movies, the Great Gatsby and the Scarlet Letter, but I'm sure they varied from the books as is usually the case. I used to love to read, but since the great invasion of the net, I find myself doing most of my reading on it! I do like thrillers and crime stories, like EF. I keep telling myself to go to the library and get The Grapes of Wrath because you mentioned reading it a while back, but I haven't made it yet.

Ef, is the Misty song the one from the Clint Eastwood movie called Play Misty For Me?

Freypower
11-14-2007, 07:37 PM
If it's Misty from Play Misty For Me it was written by Errol Garner. Ray Stevens did a fabulous country version of it ('you can say that you're leading me on/but it's just what I want you to do'). That has always appealed to me for some reason. :wink:

Brooke, I just reread The Grapes Of Wrath. It is one of THE towering achievements of American Literature. I think the Book Club thread may need reviving.

EasyFeeling
11-15-2007, 05:13 AM
That's awful Brooke, I'm sorry to hear about your stomach flu. :shock: I had it only once in my life and that was enough, horrible.

Cool FP, that's the song I've meant, the country version. :D When I downloaded it yesterday there was only stated the title so when I googled it I only found Johnny Mathis. :? Now that you mentioned Ray Stevens I remember his name. Seems this song was sung by several artists. Thanks, I knew someone here would know it. 8)

Mrs Frey
11-15-2007, 07:16 AM
EF, I also know the song Misty, and I've heard both versions, i.e. Johnny Mathis and Ray Stevens, although I admit I didn't know who the artist was who did the country version (thanks, FP). I'd actually forgotten about the latter, but I love Johnny Mathis' version.

Brooke, I'm sorry that you had stomach flu! And to have it on your day off as well - how awful :(. I hope you have all your strength back after that, as stomach bugs can really knock one hard and sap all one's strength as I've had the misfortune of experiencing a few times. I've been sick during my leave time too, so I know how you feel! Thanks for your good wishes for my health also. I'm getting better, but I still feel weak. The laryngitis has improved, but my voice is far from recovered. It's awful not being able to sing, but I can't force it.

Glennsallnighter
11-15-2007, 09:01 AM
EF, Brooke and MF,

I hope you are all feeling better today. I'm thinking of you all and send you my best wishes. Please God you'll all be returned to full health soon.

glenneaglesfan
11-15-2007, 11:19 AM
Yes, the same from me too.

My younger son passed his driving test yesterday. Whoopee, no more taxiing around at the weekends! He drove to school today for the first time. I'm going to be anxious about him, but he is a sensible chap and the car is a diesel so not too fast.

Brooke
11-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Thanks everyone, I'm all recovered.

EF, only having the stomach flu once in your life? You lucky dog! I don't get it often, but once every couple years or so.

Best of luck to your son for safe driving, gef. I remember I was always so nervous about my kids driving, but it sure does save Mom lots of running around.

sodascouts
11-15-2007, 01:48 PM
Glad you're feeling better, Brooke. Hope you are too, MF!

GEF - congrats to your son!

EasyFeeling
11-15-2007, 03:10 PM
MF, I'm glad you feel a little bit better. See that you save your voice so that you are fit for your next gig. :wink:
As for Misty I only know the country version but I want to find out how the other version sounds. Usually I don't like country music very much but for some reason I love that song... and another one: Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell. Must have to do with my childhood.

Congratulation to your son, GEF. :)

Yes Brooke, only once. I haven't been sick often not even a cold. Seems I have a strong immune system it works very good. :wink:

EasyFeeling
11-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Yesterday I walked a little bit for the first time after the surgery. Not a good idea because I got belly aches and had to lay down for a while. :shock: I really walked slow but it seems I'm still not ready for this. :roll:
But I got good news today... my results. They found NOTHING!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Nothing, not even a precursor of cancer. I don't know the English word for that. The gynecologist said that happened for the first time in her medical practice. The pap test was so bad and there's nothing. You know what? She sounds like she was going to say the surgery was for nothing. Of course she didn't say that.
I don't have to worry anymore for the next 100 years she said. :D

Mrs Frey
11-16-2007, 08:34 AM
FANTASTIC NEWS, EF!!! :D :D :D I was worried and I am SO happy for you! Now your recovery from the surgery will go really quickly, since you don't have to worry anymore.

GA, Soda, GEF and EF, thank you for your good wishes regarding my health. I've developed bronchitis on top of the laryngitis, unfortunately, and I've already withdrawn from the gig that I was due to do next Friday. There is no way that I will be well enough to do a four-hour gig within a week after this. This is putting my bandmates under some pressure, which I regret, but it can't be helped. They just have to understand (which they don't right now, but there you have it - my health seems to be second to the band :evil: ).

GEF, congratulations to your son on passing his driving test. I only passed mine last year (first time, so I was happy), and I'm still nervous when I'm driving!

rcknalwys
11-16-2007, 11:22 AM
Congratulations on your results! I'm so happy for you that there was such good news. I know what a relief that was for you. I know the waiting took a toll on you, but now you can celebrate.

Hope you feel better soon Mrs Frey, don't let your bandmates put too much pressure on you to perform.

Congrats to your son GEF. Mine went to take his written test and failed it. Blamed it on his Dad for making him take it too early in the day!

To all who have been ill....hope you are feeling better. I had a bout with something myself and felt really cruddy so I can sympathize with you.

Brooke
11-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Yesterday I walked a little bit for the first time after the surgery. Not a good idea because I got belly aches and had to lay down for a while. :shock: I really walked slow but it seems I'm still not ready for this. :roll:
But I got good news today... my results. They found NOTHING!!!!!!!! :D :D :D Nothing, not even a precursor of cancer. I don't know the English word for that. The gynecologist said that happened for the first time in her medical practice. The pap test was so bad and there's nothing. You know what? She sounds like she was going to say the surgery was for nothing. Of course she didn't say that.

Oh EF! That is wonderful news! :yay: :yay: :blueblob: I am soooooo happy for you! I was trying to stay positive, but you know, deep down you always still worry. This is just fantastic! Wow, your gynecologist's news was very worrisome there. How wonderful for it to turn out so good. Now, get yourself all healed up woman! Rest, rest, rest! :D :partytime:

EasyFeeling
11-16-2007, 12:23 PM
but now you can celebrate.

I will do, Becky. :D I've already munched tons of potato chips, chocolate, cookies and I have a bottle of wine on the table. :twisted:

I'm sorry you had to cancel your gig, MF. Your band mates should have a little bit more sympathy for you. Hope you feel better soon.

Now I feel the need to say thank you everyone for your support. :D It really means a lot to me!

sodascouts
11-16-2007, 01:17 PM

DANG, Michaela, that sounds just about miraculous. I'm so happy to hear it!!!!!! Thank God!

sodascouts
11-16-2007, 01:18 PM
GA, Soda, GEF and EF, thank you for your good wishes regarding my health. I've developed bronchitis on top of the laryngitis, unfortunately, and I've already withdrawn from the gig that I was due to do next Friday. There is no way that I will be well enough to do a four-hour gig within a week after this. This is putting my bandmates under some pressure, which I regret, but it can't be helped. They just have to understand (which they don't right now, but there you have it - my health seems to be second to the band :evil: ).

Oh, it's getting worse?! That's not good! I've tried to teach with laryngitis, and that was a joke - a singer with it - yeah, not gonna work, lol. Rest up!

Brooke
11-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Michaela, that sounds just about miraculous. Thank God!

I believe that's more than fitting here! :D

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Well EF, thats BRILLIANT news. :yay: :yay: :yay: I'm absolutely delighted for you. Still it was better to have the job done and be on the safe side :thumbsup: Now you can look forward to Christmas with a light heart and a very easy feeling :D

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2007, 07:56 PM
I've developed bronchitis on top of the laryngitis, unfortunately, and I've already withdrawn from the gig that I was due to do next Friday. There is no way that I will be well enough to do a four-hour gig within a week after this. This is putting my bandmates under some pressure, which I regret, but it can't be helped. They just have to understand (which they don't right now, but there you have it - my health seems to be second to the band :evil: ).

Thats awful that your bronchitis has struck again MF. You need to rest plenty and you are dead right to skip the gig next week. Your band mates have to understand that you can't help being ill, and I know you have some important gigs to be ready for next month. It would be worse if you had to miss them. Hopefully with a bit of R&R you'll be back in singing form very soon.

EasyFeeling
11-17-2007, 05:45 AM
Michaela, that sounds just about miraculous. Thank God!

I believe that's more than fitting here! :D

You two could be right. :wink:

Still it was better to have the job done and be on the safe side.

That's true, GA. I don't want to worry every time when I go to the annual check.

When I woke up this morning and turned on the heating I noticed it was not getting warmer, I touched all the heaters and they were cold. :shock: I asked my neighbours and they have the same. I just looked out of the window and saw the service. Hope they get it fixed soon it's really cold here. :x

glenneaglesfan
11-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Michaela, that is fantastic news! What a relief. I just hope your heating comes back on soon, so that you can really celebrate.

MF, I hope you feel better soon. Look after yourself.

Becky, my older son took two shots at both the theory and the practical driving tests - apart from the disappointment, it's the cost!

DonFan
11-17-2007, 09:21 AM
EF, I am thrilled to hear your wonderful news! I know you are so happy and relieved. That is great!

Mrs. F, take care of yourself and get better soon!

I haven't been able to read this thread for several days because I have been on the road quite a bit lately for my job. Thursday I was late to an appointment so I was zipping along a deserted county highway contentedly blaring the Eagles and singing at the top of my lungs, when a state trooper appeared out of nowhere, turned on his lights, made a U-turn and pulled me over. I got a speeding ticket for $158! :blush: This is the first time in my life I have ever been stopped for speeding so I was definitely due for one, but it made me mad anyway. My two teenagers got quite a laugh out of their ol' Mom getting a ticket. <sigh> My husband wasn't quite so amused, however, especially since our oldest has already gotten two speeding tickets and our insurance rates are climbing. :cry:

Now I am off to pick up my two girlfriends and head to Atlanta for the weekend to see Sting and The Police. Woo-hoo! I promise to observe all speed limints and drive veeeeeery slooooowly this trip!

Brooke
11-17-2007, 10:43 AM
Oh no, DF! I've never had a speeding ticket either! I just don't speed anymore, although I have been known to have a "lead foot"!

Have a great time at the concert and we'll expect a full review!

And drive safe! :D

EasyFeeling
11-17-2007, 12:45 PM
DF, I'm sure I wished you fun at the concert in another thread. :?

$158? :shock: Wow, that's a lot of money for a ticket. But what has your insurance to do with tickets? Don't tell me your insurance pays the tickets. :shock:

11-17-2007, 02:14 PM
GEF - Congratulations to your son on passing his driver's test. And I hope all of you ailing ladies get well soon.

Michaela, I am so thankful to hear about your wonderful news. I know you must be ecstatic and hope you are fully recovered very soon. However, tell those folks to hurry up and get your heat fixed. You don't need that when your immune system is low from the surgery. Let the celebration begin, girl! :grouphug:

EasyFeeling
11-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks Kay. :D It's nice and warm here, they got it fixed quickly.

Brooke
11-17-2007, 05:12 PM

$158? :shock: Wow, that's a lot of money for a ticket. But what has your insurance to do with tickets? Don't tell me your insurance pays the tickets. :shock:

Since DF is probably on the road I'll help out here! Car insurance companies here base your rates on such things as good driving records as well as the type of car. Meaning the fewer accidents and driving violations you have, the lower your rates will be.

glenneaglesfan
11-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Df, I sympathise. I got a speeding fine four years ago for doing 55 in what would normally have been a 50 zone, but as there were roadworks, it was reduced to 40. Being the slowest driver in the world, normally, I was gutted. I've taken extra care since.

EasyFeeling
11-18-2007, 07:32 AM

Since DF is probably on the road I'll help out here! Car insurance companies here base your rates on such things as good driving records as well as the type of car. Meaning the fewer accidents and driving violations you have, the lower your rates will be.

Thanks for clearing up, Brooke. It's similar in Germany except for the violations. We have a traffic central register with a points system here. You can have 18 at most and then you lose your driver's license for at least 6 months. For instance for disregarding the red light you get 3 points, ? points (depends on the distance) when you are driving too close to the car in front etc.

11-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Sorry to hear about your ticket, Dana. In Virginia, first-time offenders are generally given the option to go to driving school. It's an all day class - but if you successfully complete it, the judge will dismiss the case and nothing will appear on your driving record. Good luck.

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2007, 05:29 PM
We've penalty points as well. Any more than 2 and your insurance is affected. If I fail to disclose them to my insurance company (which can be done quite easily) I'd be liable to the first €2500 of a claim. Luckily I haven't any (yet touch wood)

GEF delighted your son is now able to drive himself around. Gives you more Glenn :heart: time. :thumbsup:

Mrs Frey
11-19-2007, 06:35 AM
Wow, you girls are really all so caring and wonderful. Becky, EF, Soda, GA, GEF, DF and Dreamer: thank you all so much for your good wishes for my recovery. It is greatly appreciated! :grouphug:

I seem to have a touch of 'flu - I can't walk far or at speed, or I start perspiring, even though it isn't warm here. A 10-minute walk to the train station and to work is enough to have me feeling weak and ill. I'm fine as long as I'm sitting. My voice comes and goes, and at times I sound horribly nasal! :( Anyway, the band did not cancel the gig - they're going ahead with a replacement for me. I just hope I'll be well for our two gigs next month. I'm taking it as easy as humanly possibly right now - I got plenty of rest (and plenty of Glenn :heart: and Eagles time :wink: ) over the weekend, at the expense of all the mountains of work I have to do at home, but I'm determined to get past this bout of illness.

EF, I'm sorry that you had heating problems, but I'm glad that it's been sorted. As Dreamer said, it's the last thing you need now that you're recuperating from your surgery.

DF, I'm sorry that you got a speeding ticket. It's such a hefty fine as well - good grief! :shock: I'm sure the Sting & Police concert cheered you up, though! :D I hope you had a great time.

Becky, I'm sorry that you were ill. I hope you're much better now.

Brooke
11-19-2007, 11:13 AM
Mrs F, please take care. Your symptoms are sounding like "walking" pnumonia to me. I had it several years ago and I felt like that for a couple weeks. I would try to go to work and then have to go back home because I felt so bad. :(

DonFan
11-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Well, I am back, and let me tell you all--Sting and The Police were FABULOUS! Sting in particular sounded great and looked even better. He had on tight blue jeans & a v-neck white tee with no sleeves, and he was trim and lean, with very buff arms. Our seats were behind the stage like I was afraid of, but it turned out all right because it was a round stage towards the back of the arena and we were actually closer to him than if we had opted for more expensive seats in the front of the arena. Plus we watched his face on the jumbotron and he walked around the stage a lot. It was amazing to me that there were only three people on the stage, too—Sting, drummer Stewart Copeland, and guitarist Andy Summers—especially after so many Eagles concerts where the stage is packed with musicians.

They opened with ‘Message in a Bottle’ then sang several Police tunes that I hate to admit that wasn’t that familiar with, but then they went into a roster of hits including 'Don't Stand So Close To Me' 'Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic', 'King of Pain', 'So Lonely', 'Every Breath You Take', and ‘Roxanne.’ One of the coolest moments was when they raised the drum stage so Copeland could play this percussion contraption of hanging cymbals, bells, and gongs for 'Wrapped Around Your Finger'. It is always so cool to hear an entire arena singing the words to a song in unison. Sting likes a lot of interactive singing with the audience too, where he wants you to echo him-- like when he sang "Da Doo Doo Doo, Da Da Da Da," he would point outward and let us repeat what he sang. I loved it!

The funniest part was when we arrived at the arena (kinda late because we didn’t want to see the opening act that none of us had ever heard of) and we were trying to find somewhere to eat. There was a food court with a bunch of eateries but we really wanted a sit-down place, so we followed the escalator to a restaurant on the second level that was some kind of bar & grill with a big buffet set up. We couldn’t find a waitress or hostess so I walked up to the server behind the buffet to ask what was going on, and she said this was the VIP dinner. She said, ”We are about to take it down, but we have a lot of food left, so if you want to get a plate of food, go ahead.” It was really dark in there, but when I looked around I saw everyone was wearing those VIP tags. So, we accidentally wandered into the VIP dinner and they let us eat for free! When we finished eating, we were milling around with the other VIP guests, and we even got to watch the beginning of the concert from one of the private boxes before the people who had reserved it came back. The whole concert was LOTS of fun!

Glennsallnighter
11-19-2007, 06:26 PM
MF, you really do need to look after yourself. Take it Easy as muh as you can. Hopefully you will not miss any more of your gigs.

DF! That story was great! I wonder would it be possible to have that happen at an Eagles gig? :wink:

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Yikes, MF, sounds bad. Hope you feel better.

DF - lucky girl about the buffet! I'm glad you liked the show. Sting sounds yummy. ;)

Molly
11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm very behind in this thread-so here goes:

[quote="DonFan"]I was zipping along a deserted county highway contentedly blaring the Eagles and singing at the top of my lungs, when a state trooper appeared out of nowhere, turned on his lights, made a U-turn and pulled me over. quote]

Dana, this happened to me about a year ago -and I was singing along to the Eagles as well! LITFL -I kid you not! The nice young (and seemingly amused) officer let me off with just a warning. At first, I was kind of flattered, and then I realized I probably just reminded him of his mom! :roll:

Sound like the Police concert was fabulous! Congrats on the free eats! You must have looked like a VIP!

Michaela!! I'm so happy for you that everything turned out so well with your surgery! All those cyber thoughts and prayers really came through!

GEF -congrats to your son on passing his driver's exam! Whew! Freedom for Mom as well as for him! No more driving him here and there -now you can send him on errands!

Hopefully, everyone who's been under the weather is feeling much better!

This is the first year I buckled under the pressure at work and got a flu vaccination. I'm expecting to be the picture of health this year!

Mrs Frey
11-20-2007, 06:53 AM
Brooke, GA and Soda, thanks so much for your concern for my health. My voice is a bit better today, although I still broke into a sweat on my way to work this morning. I'll be okay - I just have to give it time. In the meantime, I have all of you wonderful people supporting me, so thanks again! :grouphug:

DF, I'm so glad that you had such a good time at the Sting & Police concert. What a stroke of luck with the VIP buffet! 8)

Molly, let's hope that you'll be healthier than some of us over the coming year, and that the 'flu injection is worth it!

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2007, 07:06 AM
Glad to hear you're feeling better MF. Continue to take it easy now, won't you?

Molly I too hope the 'flu jab was worth it.

EasyFeeling
11-20-2007, 07:34 AM
Good to hear you are feeling a little bit better, MF. It's just takes some time so take care of yourself. :)

DF, sounds like a fantastic concert and eating for free is not bad either. :wink:

Thanks Molly, yes seems all the thoughts and prayers were answered. 8)

glenneaglesfan
11-20-2007, 06:59 PM
I've sneaked a bit of time here while hubby goes to bed. This really brief, cos I'm aware about everything else going on. Just to say I love the new album so far, and if I haven't been here, it's because of husband issues.

sodascouts
11-20-2007, 07:17 PM
Uh-oh. Hope all is well with you and your husband, GEF.

Freypower
11-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Wow, I have been so out of the loop here. Everyone who has been sick, please take care. Dana, I'm glad you enjoyed the Police.

Bear with me on my birthday treat description. I know it will mean nothing to you. My mother took me to see Keating - The Musical which concerns the career of our Prime Minister from 1991 - 1996.

Great night out. It reminded me yet again of what this country lost in 1996 when we decided that Keating was 'arrogant' and 'out of touch'. He was the only political leader since Gough Whitlam who had a vision. The villains of the piece were the former Opposition Leader and now Foreign Minister, Alexander Downer, and the current Prime Minister, John Howard. The actor/singer playing Howard got the man's creepy mannerisms to a T.

The highlight was a poignant song by Mike McLeish as Keating about the Labor Party's 'light on the hill' which was almost Eaglesque, believe it or not.

Here is the rather sexy Mr McLeish as Keating:

and this is why some of us still remember those days rather fondly:

http://clubtroppo.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/reg_keating.jpg

And before you ask, yes, there is a vague similarity, certainly in the charisma department. Now all I hope is that this Saturday's election produces the desired result for the Labor Party. End of political sermon.

Molly
11-21-2007, 06:20 PM
Hope everyone is OK, Kate.

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2007, 06:36 AM
Thanks, Molly and Nancy. I'm sorry I was burbling a bit there. It's just that he really does not like me spending time here, and he's home a lot, so I'm missing my regular visits here. We are fine otherwise.

Fp, that sound like an interesting theme for a show. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope the election brings the result you want.

England failed to qualify for Euro 2008 after two early and preventable goals against them in the first half. They came back to equalise in the second half, only to lose as Croatia scored once more. Commiserations to the team.

Mrs Frey
11-22-2007, 06:50 AM
FP, thank you for your good wishes for our health. The show your mom took you to for your birthday treat sounds very interesting and entertaining. I'm glad you had a good time.

GEF, I'm glad you're getting some Glenn/Eagles time, girlfriend! We miss your regular posts. I'm glad everything is okay with you and your hubby. I'm sorry to read about the English soccer team's loss.

Molly
11-22-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks, Molly and Nancy. I'm sorry I was burbling a bit there. It's just that he really does not like me spending time here, and he's home a lot, so I'm missing my regular visits here. We are fine otherwise.

Ugh! Every girl deserves to have some time to herself to do things that she likes to do, if they're not hurting anyone. This is especially true since you are such a good wife! He should be grateful this is his biggest worry, lol. It's things like this that make me glad I'm not married (although perhaps I just need to catch a husband who will tolerate my Eagles time ;) ).

As long as my Eagle time doesn't interfere with his dinnertime or other "quality" time :wink: -my husband doesn't mind a bit. In fact, sometimes he stands over my shoulder peeking at what's going on while I'm visiting boards.