PDA

View Full Version : Eagles memorabilia

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

sodascouts
11-13-2008, 02:18 PM
I had to swear off of it. I can't even visit it because when I do, I want to spend tons of money!

DonFan
11-13-2008, 07:13 PM
I had to swear off of it. I can't even visit it because when I do, I want to spend tons of money!

Me too. It is terribly addicting.

ticky
11-13-2008, 11:20 PM
Got my pick holder pendant today! I love it! It's beautiful. It did not come with a chain but then I have several. MY "Miracle" pick looks fantastic in it and Im a happy happy camper :)

MikeA
11-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Got my pick holder pendant today! I love it! It's beautiful. It did not come with a chain but then I have several. MY "Miracle" pick looks fantastic in it and Im a happy happy camper :)

Ya-Whoooooooooo!

Wildthyme
11-14-2008, 01:41 PM

Okay, after today I may have to swear off of it too or this whole Eagles obsession is going to get me in financial trouble...:shock:

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2008, 05:55 PM
Thats brilliant Ticky! I hope you enjoy it!

I too will have to swear off eBay! Everytime I go on I see something that I just HAVE to bid on! Lol!

That last Glenn :heart: guitar pick that I was bidding on went for €86!Even though It went too high for me I still watched it and it went right to the wire. I guess there are quite a few Glenn :heart: fans left here!

Wildthyme
11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
Thats brilliant Ticky! I hope you enjoy it!

I too will have to swear off eBay! Everytime I go on I see something that I just HAVE to bid on! Lol!

That last Glenn :heart: guitar pick that I was bidding on went for €86!Even though It went too high for me I still watched it and it went right to the wire. I guess there are quite a few Glenn :heart: fans left here!

You were bidding on a Glenn Frey guitar pick?? The one that was on eBay a couple of days ago??? Oh my...

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Yeah, well wait till you hear this. I got a message from eBay offering it to me for my highest bid of $45 which was as high as I'd gone. How could the original winner reject it? Considering I won one for $20 today, I passed on it!! I have a bid on another one and am also watching one.

eaglesvet
11-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Once you go eBay you never go back... I've been hooked for something like 8 or 9 years now. First place I go for almost anything I am looking to buy online. Sometimes I go for months without buying a thing and then other times I go on a bit of a buying frenzy (like this last month with the Eagles goodies...). Have fun with it Lou:partytime:
Kinda like the Hotel California??

TimothyBFan
11-20-2008, 05:25 PM
I bid on this and just got outbid, I won't bid again if it is one of you, but if not I will rebid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300274830660&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=020

I am also bidding on this-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150310206808&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=005

MikeA
11-20-2008, 05:38 PM
I bid on this and just got outbid, I won't bid again if it is one of you, but if not I will rebid.

Wow! If that is authentic (the LP) that would be a STEAL at about any price! I hope you win it TBF. What a Prize!

ticky
11-20-2008, 06:14 PM
WHOLEY CRAP WILLIE!! you go girl!! I hope you get it!!

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2008, 06:28 PM

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300274830660&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=020

Uh, sorry Willie! Its me! :blush: I've gone up to $20. I have one already. This was for Laura. If you really want it I won't bid again. If it goes upmuch higher anyway I'll be out of the race

TimothyBFan
11-21-2008, 08:45 AM
GA-I will admit I would really like it but the reason I didn't go up again was because I would really rather have one that has Timothy instead of Randy. I will watch it and if you decide to not go any further, I would appreciate it if you let me know and I might. That's why I decided to ask before bidding again-figured it could be someone here!;-)

TimothyBFan
11-21-2008, 09:29 AM
OK-I'm going on my rant again--I can't believe that ebay allows this and it's to bad the Eagles cannot put a stop to this. You buy 2 magnets for over $30.00 - $50.00 and you get 2 bootlegs dvds for free--yeah right!! Call it what it is--selling bootleg dvds!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Eagles-fridge-magnets-HFO-Live-Concert-95-77-DVDs_W0QQitemZ370116106096QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Mu sicMemorabilia?hash=item370116106096&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318 (http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Eagles-fridge-magnets-HFO-Live-Concert-95-77-DVDs_W0QQitemZ370116106096QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Mu sicMemorabilia?hash=item370116106096&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

I have bid on this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250328068462&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=015

and this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150310206808&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=005

And do you think the family would mind if I hung this for a Christmas decoration :smile:http://cgi.ebay.com/EAGLES-CHRISTMAS-AUTHENTIC-VINTAGE-1978-POSTER-NR-MINT_W0QQitemZ380082655042QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item380082655042&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318 (http://cgi.ebay.com/EAGLES-CHRISTMAS-AUTHENTIC-VINTAGE-1978-POSTER-NR-MINT_W0QQitemZ380082655042QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item380082655042&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Wow, TBF, that Please Come Home For Christmas is something else! The enlarged images finally put to rest the debate about which is Don and which is Glenn - you can clearly see Don's chin dimple! The Live poster is beautiful - I was lucky enough to win the album complete with poster a year or so ago. Good luck bidding!

sodascouts
11-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Sharp eye, GEF. I knew it!

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2008, 04:10 PM
GA-I will admit I would really like it but the reason I didn't go up again was because I would really rather have one that has Timothy instead of Randy. I will watch it and if you decide to not go any further, I would appreciate it if you let me know and I might. That's why I decided to ask before bidding again-figured it could be someone here!;-)

To be Willie, I don't yet know how high I'll go as I have bids on a few items. I've been outbid now as well. 2 days 4 hours to go! I'll keep you informed! OK?

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2008, 06:55 PM

Up to today I wasn't sure how far I would go, but in the last few hours it has rocketed and now stands at over $81. At this stage I'm opting out. So if anyone alse wants to bid go ahead. While its a lovely and would be a steal even at a higher price, I just can't afford it now.

Edited to add : While I was typing this it went up to $100.

Freypower
11-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Wow, TBF, that Please Come Home For Christmas is something else! The enlarged images finally put to rest the debate about which is Don and which is Glenn - you can clearly see Don's chin dimple! The Live poster is beautiful - I was lucky enough to win the album complete with poster a year or so ago. Good luck bidding!

So I take it you are claiming that the man with the moustache and no beard is Don, not Glenn? All I can say to that is look at the shape of the head and especially the jaw. Only one member of the Eagles has such a distinctive long jaw. There is no dimple there; it's just a trick of the light. I could not see anything on the enlarged image to change my mind.

Troubadour
11-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I didn't know there was a debate about the identities in the Christmas photo! I've always been sure Don is on the left and Glenn is on the right. I'm still convinced of this after viewing the larger pic, but if it is the other way around, I'm going to feel like everything I know is wrong! LOL.

Freypower
11-24-2008, 07:44 PM
Wow. If I am wrong, OK, but as I said, to me it's the shape of the jaw. Don's chin is round, beard or no beard.

Prettymaid
11-24-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.joewalshonline.com/images/xmascoverbig.jpg

Wildthyme
11-24-2008, 09:05 PM
I didn't know there was a debate about the identities in the Christmas photo! I've always been sure Don is on the left and Glenn is on the right. I'm still convinced of this after viewing the larger pic, but if it is the other way around, I'm going to feel like everything I know is wrong! LOL.

I didn't realize it either. I too have always been sure that it is Glenn on the right. It just looks like him to me in so many ways. Now if by process of elimination I didn't know the guy with the mustache had to be Don I would be uncertain because I just don't see that it is him as clearly as I see Glenn is Glenn (does that make any sense at all?).

Prettymaid
11-24-2008, 09:18 PM
I didn't realize it either. I too have always been sure that it is Glenn on the right. It just looks like him to me in so many ways. Now if by process of elimination I didn't know the guy with the mustache had to be Don I would be uncertain because I just don't see that it is him as clearly as I see Glenn is Glenn (does that make any sense at all?).

Yes it does WT and I agree with you.

sodascouts
11-24-2008, 09:57 PM
I have to disagree with FP. I see the dimple quite clearly, and I think Don's the one without the beard. Glenn is Mr. Hairy here, lol. There's also just something about him that screams "GLENN" to me! I don't know why.

Freypower
11-24-2008, 10:37 PM
OK, well....

Closer examination leads me to think that the majority of people are probably right, jawline and apparently lighter build notwithstanding. I looked at the jawline again and it is rounder than i thought. Then when I looked at the mouth more closely I thought 'Don'.

The Bearded One, however, I found very difficult to identify. Almost unrecognisable until I managed to catch a hint in what I could see of the mouth. Perhaps it is just that I am so used to recognising Glenn with no trouble that I couldn't see it this time. I concde defeat on this at last. :oops:

GlennLover
11-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Those are my sentiments exactly, Wildthyme. I too thought that Glenn was on the right. It's his hair, thick with a bit of wave and that thick beard. You can tell just by the way he is sitting that it is him.

I had to stare at Don for a minute until I could see that it was him, as I also figured that he had to be in the picture & it wasn't any of the others. Don looks different with his hair slicked back like that.

Troubadour
11-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Phew. I feel much better after reading your re-evaluation, FP! I would have been completely spun out if it was Glenn on the left.

I had a nice surprise when I came home from work... My HC tourbook came today! :heart:

Maleah
11-27-2008, 07:02 PM
I originally thought it was Don on the right too but then when I looked at the shoulders of the guy in the middle, I realized that was Don. Don has very square, sharp shoulders so that's how I recognized him. lol

MikeA
11-27-2008, 07:56 PM
There are two people in lounge chairs on the sides of the pool, sort of in the background. Wonder who they are?

Also, I wonder when the shot was taken. Schmit didn't join the group until just after the Hotel California Tour. Is that him to the right away from the table or is it Meisner? Meisner was still with them when the played Henry Levit Arena on the Wichita State University campus. I'm trying my best to reconstruct the actual date. I cannot find a reference. I would swear that it was in like December of 1976 though the album wasn't released until Dec 8, 1976. Wichita had to have been one of the first stops on the Hotel California tour, possibly to commemorate Joe Walsh joining the group during the recording of HC.

I still have that HC concert program but it doesn't have the schedule in it. find them at Kemper Arena in Kansas City on November 24, 1976. I know it was right around that time that they played Wichita.

Freypower
11-27-2008, 08:03 PM
The photo is from the Please Come Home For Christmas/Funky New Year single.

It is Schmit on the right. Meisner's hair was never that long. I have always assumed the photo was taken at the time the songs were recorded in 1978, in Florida.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-27-2008, 11:12 PM
There are two people in lounge chairs on the sides of the pool, sort of in the background. Wonder who they are?

Apparently, just some lady friends. On the flip side of the cover, there is another photo where Don F. and Tim have switched seats with a couple of the ladies.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/xmasback.jpg

I don't think Tim officially joined the band until the end of the Hotel California Tour in 1977. I agree with FP that these pics must have been taken in 1978.

And OBTW - just to weigh in, I always thought that Don H. was in the center and Glenn on the right as well. Like Maleah, I based that mainly on their build and posture.

MikeA
11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
Thanks folks. Things happened pretty fast and furious in 75/76/77 with the Eagles. Then they slowed down...well, the studio work was slowed down for quite a while between the HC tour and the work on "The Long Run". I think from everything I've heard about the Band that things pretty much went to Hell in a handbasket after Hotel California.

That seems to happen with bands a lot....a masterpiece such as HC and then the difficulty encountered as the band becomes compelled to do even better with their next release. Maybe it was that tension and all the long hours of such close proximity during that composition period for The Long Run that brought everything to a head. It's no secret that Don and Glenn were the superduo that to this day I personally think was unrivaled in lyrics and composition. Yet, the conflict between the two of them seems to have been the catalyst in the past that made them such a successful team!

On such a thin edge is genius balanced!

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2008, 05:28 AM
Phew. I feel much better after reading your re-evaluation, FP! I would have been completely spun out if it was Glenn on the left.

I had a nice surprise when I came home from work... My HC tourbook came today! :heart:

Oh yummy Troub! Hope you are enjoying perusing it!

TimothyBFan
11-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Well the Please Come Home For Christmas poster didn't sale. I didn't bid on it because he had a reserve on it so I knew he wasn't going to let it go for $9.99 so what's the use. Maybe he will relist it. All the talk about who was who, I had to pull out mine and look at it a little closer. I was pretty sure who everyone was also but then started having my doubts... LOL.

ochiba kid 1
11-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Great collections on here, I have some green eyes at present, Doh!!!!! as I get better adjusted to this site and how to use a computer I will try and post some of my bits, signed prints, signed book and guitar picks, great collections some of you guys have though, thanks for sharing them

Cheers Gary:rockguitar:

ochiba kid 1
11-29-2008, 12:31 PM
Oh forgot to add, I would love the Tim B guitar pick from 2007, from post 138 & 141, love is a strong word, maybe need is a better expression to use, no what I am looking for realy is Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Gary:?

GlennLover
11-29-2008, 03:54 PM
And OBTW - just to weigh in, I always thought that Don H. was in the center and Glenn on the right as well. Like Maleah, I based that mainly on their build and posture.

Also Dreamer, don't you think that the pattern of chest hair on the man on the right is the same as your Av? :nahnah: Couldn't help noticing the Allnighter. :smitten:

TimothyBFan
11-29-2008, 05:13 PM
We went to the mall today (God help us!!!) and there is a store there called the Nostalgia Shop that sales posters, magazines, pics, memorabilia etc. Of course I went right to the E's in music some nice pics of Eagles but nothing I didn't already have. Then started looking for each member individually, starting of course with S--found a real nice original publicity shot from MCA Records for the release of Timothy B. :partytime:Snatched it real fast, but didn't find anything else for any of the other guys! :cry:

Glennsallnighter
11-29-2008, 06:58 PM
Well done Willie! Sounds like a nice find! :nod::nod::nod:

Glennsallnighter
11-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Great collections on here, I have some green eyes at present, Doh!!!!! as I get better adjusted to this site and how to use a computer I will try and post some of my bits, signed prints, signed book and guitar picks, great collections some of you guys have though, thanks for sharing them

Cheers Gary:rockguitar:

You're welcome Gary! I'm sure I speak for us all when I say that we are glad you like them. If you are looking for anything in particular noyouthing beats sheer persistence on eBay!!

11-29-2008, 10:31 PM
Also Dreamer, don't you think that the pattern of chest hair on the man on the right is the same as your Av? :nahnah: Couldn't help noticing the Allnighter. :smitten:

Well by golly, GL - I think you could be on to something here. I hadn't noticed because I didn't look at their chest!!! :lie: :shock: :D

eaglesvet
12-01-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm embarassed to say I had never seen the pix before, so I had no preconceived ideas of who was who. But I think the chest hair argument seals the deal, especially looking at so small a photo. (Also, I don't know about Don's shoulders...but certainly the ones on the middle guy's are very square and sharp!)

MikeA
12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Yesh! I thought that was a pic of Paul McCartney and Wings!

ticky
12-04-2008, 01:44 PM
The Guitar Center Foundation (A really terrific foundation via the store Guitar Center of Joe Walsh fame *G*, that supports music programs for kids) is having an on-line auction and take a look at some of their auction items!

Dear Friends,
Our much anticipated online auction with Auctionwire began Wednesday, December 3, at 7 p.m. PST. We are giving all of our friends and the public at-large (in all countries) the opportunity to bid on once-in-a-lifetime experiences and rare memorabilia; the items and experiences are as follows:

· The Rockstar Experience: The opportunity for you/your band to be featured for 90 days on the Guitar Center Hollywood storefront, photographed by famous rock photographer Robert Knight. The winning bidder will receive a day in a recording studio with the assistance of a top engineer and production team. They will also be featured in a story in an upcoming issue of Skinnie Entertainment Magazine and in the Flash section of SPIN Magazine. And, they will receive a copy of Robert Knight's new book.

· The Jimi Hendrix Book and Experience: a limited edition, hand-painted Gibson Custom guitar inspired by the Jimi Hendrix Psychedelic Flying V that Jimi purchased in 1967 and played during his Europe tour in 1967 and 1968. The guitar was signed by his sister, Janie Hendrix, and is serial number 001 of 300 of the limited edition. This item will be presented to the winning bidder by Janie Hendrix, herself, along with her most recent book about Jimi, "Jimi Hendrix: An Illustrated Experience."

· The Alan White Experience: The opportunity to meet Alan White of the band Yes. He will give a drum lesson if the winning bidder is interested, and may choose to allow the winning bidder to perform with him in concert.

· A John Mayer Signature Stratocaster autographed by John Mayer.

· The Don Felder Experience: The opportunity to meet Don Felder, formerly of The Eagles. He will give a guitar lesson if the winning bidder is interested, and will give them a signed copy of his new book.

· A guitar signed by Velvet Revolver band members Slash, Duff McKagan, Dave Kushner, Matt Sorum and Scott Weiland.

· The Danny Seraphine Experience: The opportunity to meet Danny Seraphine, currently of CTA and formerly of the band Chicago. He will also give a drum lesson if the winning bidder is interested.

· One of the two 2006 Zildjian gongs signed by all of the Zildjian artists present at the 2006 Winter NAMM show.

Visit www.auctionwire.com/gcmf to place your bids.
Please help us promote this auction, as well, to your friends, family and work associates. These funds help us to put instruments into music education programs across the United States. Visit www.guitarcentermusicfoundation.org to learn more.

Sounds good to me!!! anybody got an extra $4 or $5K laying around? *G*

TimothyBFan
12-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Gee-I don't know which one to bid on--the autographed Velvet Revolver (love Slash and Duff!) or the chance to meet Don Felder AND get an autographed copy of his new book (did you know he had a book out?). Sorry, I'm being sarcastic! It really would be cool to meet him but enough with the book already!!

sodascouts
12-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I'll post the information in the "Former Eagles" forum and also on DonFelderOnline.com (http://www.donfelderonline.com).

MikeA
12-04-2008, 03:18 PM
It's funny how associations pop up. I've been trying to remember for months now what the name of the backing band was for Walsh when he played at Hard Rock in Vegas. I don't even know what it was in what Ticky posted, but the name of the group came back from the dungeons of lost memory:

Stone Temple Pilots! They were good too!

It didn't say anything about Slash making an appearance with Velvet Revolver to enhance the draw of the autographed guitar, but I would love to talk with him.

Felder and Mayer too. I can understand Mayer perfectly when he talks, and when he plays, I have no trouble at all understanding his guitar! It's just when he sings that my ears just don't make the translation!

I could be severely tempted on that Flying "V" of Hendrix's. That think is HISTORY! I'd love to at least see the ax!

HAVE TO EDIT THIS: The Flying "V" is not one of Hendrix's. It is a reissue commemorating that guitar. Amazing that they are starting it off at $13,000us. I hope they get it.

Glennsallnighter
12-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I would top up my mortgage if they offered a night out with Glenn :heart: ! Since he hasn't an autobiography to sign I'm sure he could sign something else :wink:

TimothyBFan
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
We are just back from the latest record show and picked up
No Fun Aloud
Randy Meisner Randy Meisner
Bernie Leadon and Michael Georgiades Band Natural Progressions.

The dealers are now starting to know me and will chase me down to show me some of their Eagles and Sweet "treasures". :hilarious: One of the dealers swears to me that he has all kinds of Timothy 45s and LPs and will bring them to the show in February. We will see.

Peekaboo
12-11-2008, 07:14 AM
I'll be making a trip to the post office today to pick up an early Christmas present from my lovely mother. She ordered me the LROOE record album to add to my collection. I've got all of them now. I've had them hanging up in my living room but i'll be moving them to my bedroom to make room for the latest family pictures. I'm working on getting the poster framed that i got from the last concert I went to. I love having Eagles projects like this to look forward to. Next will be decorating one of the walls with all of my Eagles memorabilia.

Prettymaid
12-11-2008, 08:22 AM
I'll be making a trip to the post office today to pick up an early Christmas present from my lovely mother. She ordered me the LROOE record album to add to my collection. I've got all of them now. I've had them hanging up in my living room but i'll be moving them to my bedroom to make room for the latest family pictures. I'm working on getting the poster framed that i got from the last concert I went to. I love having Eagles projects like this to look forward to. Next will be decorating one of the walls with all of my Eagles memorabilia.

Love to see some pictures when you're done!

MikeA
12-11-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm working on getting the poster framed that i got from the last concert I went to.

Do you make your own frames, Peek?

Peekaboo
12-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Do you make your own frames, Peek?

Oh no, not at all. I'm going to take it to a Hobby Lobby or Michaels store and get it framed. It's a really nice poster, those of you that have been to the recent concerts might have seen it at the merchandise stands. What i want to do is get my tickets from both Tulsa concerts framed with it. And maybe one of the pics that i took too.

And PM, once i get everything all fixed up and decorated i will get those pics posted. BTW, I got the record album today and it is beautiful. It folds open like the cd and is made of the same material. It's very nice.

MikeA
12-12-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh no, not at all. I'm going to take it to a Hobby Lobby or Michaels store and get it framed.

Verna and I went the cheap route....or as cheap as we could. I don't remember whether we got frames for our stuff at Walmart or Hobby Lobby or Michaels...but we found ones already made and on the shelves.

I would rather have made the frames myself but didn't have the "gigs" to hold the corners together while the glue dried. Quite some time ago, I made some frames and have to say that I'd almost rather build a desk than make a picture frame! Making the 45^ joints isn't a problem and cutting the rabbits inside for the glass and backing is easy with a router. In fact, you can probably find molding at Lowe's for wainscoting that have grooves already cut that can be chopped up into frames. But you still have to have something to hold the joints "square" when you put them together and I never could do that worth a dang!

Congratulations on the memorabilia Peek. It really is fun to collect and display.

12-12-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow PB - what a Mom! You are very lucky to have all of the Eagles albums. That will be impressive when you are finished. Can't wait to see it. I love this thread. Our members have a lot of very cool stuff!

Peekaboo
12-15-2008, 07:27 AM
Wow PB - what a Mom! You are very lucky to have all of the Eagles albums. That will be impressive when you are finished. Can't wait to see it. I love this thread. Our members have a lot of very cool stuff!

She is an amazing Mom!!! I love that she and I have gotten to see the Eagles together. It's something that we will both treasure forever. I'm still working on getting everything put up on the wall. It's hard for me to get things done now days because I work nights and sleep during the day. Even though i've been working nights for a month and half, I'm still trying to adjust to the hours. For some reason I sleep more now than when I used to work days. Go figure. But as soon as i get it all finished I will take some pics and post them here.

Mike, I can only wish that i had the capabilities to frame and build things. I'm not much of a "handy-man" type of person. I'd much rather pay somebody to do it for me because I already know that they would do a much better job than I could ever do.

TimothyBFan
12-15-2008, 09:06 AM
Check this out--Feed The Fire cd bidding ended at $65.00! Timothy needs to re-release some of his stuff! Apparently not enough to go around if cds are going at that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290281190384&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=019

MikeA
12-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Check this out--Feed The Fire cd bidding ended at $65.00! Timothy needs to re-release some of his stuff! Apparently not enough to go around if cds are going at that price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290281190384&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=019

Unbelievable! I checked it on Amazon and prices ranged from $16 to well over $100.00. When I saw that one on eBay, I thought it might have been that 12th bonus track that might have driven the cost up. Guess not.

I had to edit this post. That $16 price was what Amazon listed as the "List Price" and none are available at that price. The cheapest one that they list is $88.00.

WOW! :jawdrop:

I agree, he may need to think about a "re-release".

TimothyBFan
12-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Unbelievable! I checked it on Amazon and prices ranged from $16 to well over $100.00. When I saw that one on eBay, I thought it might have been that 12th bonus track that might have driven the cost up. Guess not.

I had to edit this post. That $16 price was what Amazon listed as the "List Price" and none are available at that price. The cheapest one that they list is $88.00.

WOW! :jawdrop:

I agree, he may need to think about a "re-release".

Believe me, if it had been $16.00 on Amazon--I would of had it. I stopped at $20.00 on ebay on this one. No way unless it is autographed, am I paying $65.00 for it and for that price I would want him to deliver it himself to me:nod:. I just never bought they darn thing years ago and now have been kicking myself for a couple of years because I can't get my hands on it!:ack:

MikeA
12-15-2008, 09:45 AM
Something like that happened to me as I tried to find a "Barnstorm" CD. I have the vinyl and it's not in bad shape (neither is the original cover) though it survived a room flooding when a water line burst in my house one winter. I had a couple of hundred albums leaned up against the wall (we'd just moved in and I hadn't set up anything to store them in).

Anyway, I couldn't find a CD anywhere at the time short of paying zillions for the Japanese produced item. Oh, I had a CD that I'd ripped from the Vinyl but I wanted the "real thing". Finally, my kids found one and gave it to me for Christmas and made them PROMISE never to tell me what they paid for it!

sodascouts
12-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I lucked out - there's a used CD store down the road from me where I found a Barnstorm CD for $20! It was an import as well.

MikeA
12-15-2008, 11:31 AM
I lucked out - there's a used CD store down the road from me where I found a Barnstorm CD for $20! It was an import as well.

There must be some "legal" aspect to re-releasing those older monsters...especially if they were foriegn productions like Barnstorm. You'd think that if there is that much demand for the recordings that someone would jump all over it and get them back on the shelves.

There were several "remastered" CDs released or re-released not too long ago that Bill Szymczyk worked on. Don't remember the details but do remember that some of the older works were re-released on CDs and were made from the original masters enhanced with techniques that were not available back when they were originally recorded.

12-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I've been checking the Internet on and off for a couple of years for the prices on all of Tim's solo work, and quite honestly, I haven't seen a 'deal' yet. They are always very expensive. Here's my suggestion - Tim should remaster and release his solo collection in a small limited box set edition. Even if the cost were $75 or $80, I think he'd sell a substantial number of copies.

TimothyBFan
12-15-2008, 01:08 PM
Dreamer-at that price I would buy it in a heartbeat!!

So we are all in agreement--we start a petition to get Tim to re-release all his works at a reasonable price? :wink:

AzEaglesFan
12-15-2008, 05:32 PM
Around the first of the year I managed to buy Feed The Fire from Amazon for around $20.00 so I bought it. I guess I lucked out. I also wanted Tell Me The Truth. But everytime I have checked it has been around $65 to 88.00 and I can't afford that.

Glennsallnighter
12-16-2008, 07:13 PM
It seems all Timmy's cd's tend to go high as I've been browsing around for one for Laura. It would be great is he re released some or made up a Box set. I guess I was very lucky to pick up a signed Glenn :heart: SW for £6 earlier this year.

Jerseyboy
12-16-2008, 09:29 PM
Try checking cdwarehouse for Tim's cd's. I picked up all 3, "Feed The Fire" with bonus song, "Timothy B." and "Tell Me The Truth", still sealed, all 3 for $116. Steve

MikeA
12-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Try checking cdwarehouse for Tim's cd's. I picked up all 3, "Feed The Fire" with bonus song, "Timothy B." and "Tell Me The Truth", still sealed, all 3 for $116. Steve

Welcome to the madness Jerseyboy! Congrats on the buy!

Jerseyboy
12-16-2008, 10:33 PM
Thank you, I didn't know this site existed, I came upon it by accident. This is a great site for the fans.
I have been a big fan of the Eagles since the early 70's, I remember standing outside Roosevelt Stadium in Jersey City in the early 70's listening to the Eagles play wishing I had a ticket.
I just bought tickets to their two upcoming concerts in Missouri, I live in Kansas now.

eaglesvet
12-16-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi Jerseyboy, from a Jersey Girl...your name is deceiving! I guess you can take the boy outta Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey outta the boy, huh? I too have been a fan since the mid-70's, but I don't think I was quite old enough to be aware of a Roosevelt Stadium in J.C. What was that all about, and what became of it? Welcome to the Border!

Jerseyboy
12-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Thanks Jersey Girl, the stadium was by the Bayonne line on Route 440, unfortunately they bulldozed it in the mid 80's to make way for condos. Everytime I pass the area I always glance over and remember the Eagles concert. I go back to Jersey a few times a year.

eaglesvet
12-16-2008, 11:35 PM
What team(s) played in it? Or was it just for concerts?

Jerseyboy
12-16-2008, 11:41 PM
Mainly concerts and the circus, they did have the Jets and Giants farm teams play there once.

TimothyBFan
12-17-2008, 08:52 AM
Welcome Jerseyboy! Glad you found us all here but like Mike said --it gets a little "mad" around here sometimes. I also am a 30+ year fan (almost sounds as if we are confessing that we need a 12 step program doesn't it?) and am very happy I found my way here. I think you will too.

Thanks for the heads up on that sight. I will check it out.

TimothyBFan
12-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Look what I just found on ebay! Glad w/Timothy B Schmit! Think I might be bidding on this one!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310109613512&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

MikeA
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Look what I just found on ebay! Glad w/Timothy B Schmit! Think I might be bidding on this one!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310109613512&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Wow! That one goes back a ways <1968> :?: Good Luck on it!

12-17-2008, 01:59 PM
Go for it, TBF - I sure hope you get that. It is very cool.

And welcome Jerseyboy from Kansas. Glad you found us, and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border.

MikeA
12-17-2008, 05:03 PM
I thought some of you might be interested in this:

Adopt an Eagle

Then I followed the link:

http://www.worldwildlife.org/ogc/species_SKU.cfm?gid=10&sc=AWY0903WCG01

sodascouts
12-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome jerseyboy! How cool that you got to hear them so early (even if it was from a distance). Hope you like it here!

Jerseyboy
12-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Thanks everybody for a warm welcome.
On the Eagles Jersey City concert in the 70's, they were the opening act for the Beach Boys. They only had out their first album. If you punch up Eagles Jersey City Roosevelt Stadium concert on the internet, some stories about the concert come up.

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Welcome from me too JB! Its great that you have been a fan for so long!

Brooke
12-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Welcome from me, too, JB! This is a wonderful place for all things Eagles.

I've been a fan since the first album, too, and got to see them during the Hotel California tour in St. Louis in around 1976 or 77. (I can't remember and have no memorabelia from it. :rolleyes: ) We were way up in the nosebleed section, but it was wonderful anyway at the time. My brother and cousin actually made it down to the stage somehow and got to see them up close. How they did that, who knows! You'd have to know my brother!

12-18-2008, 12:59 PM
I've been a fan since the first album, too, and got to see them during the Hotel California tour in St. Louis in around 1976 or 77. (I can't remember and have no memorabelia from it. :rolleyes: )

Tsk, tsk Brooke. :lie: :lie: Let's not forget this little treasure! :rofl: :rofl:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/3Ebutton-1.jpg

ticky
12-18-2008, 01:10 PM
LOL Dreamer!! now where did you get that?? *WG* Every day we learn more and more about you! :shock:

Brooke
12-18-2008, 02:04 PM
Tsk, tsk Brooke. :lie: :lie: Let's not forget this little treasure! :rofl: :rofl:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/3Ebutton-1.jpg

:oops: :rofl: dreamer!

12-18-2008, 11:49 PM
LOL Dreamer!! now where did you get that?? *WG* Every day we learn more and more about you! :shock:

Now ticky - If I told ya, I'd have to kill ya!!! :wink: :wink:

eaglesvet
12-19-2008, 03:28 AM
Dreamer, I know I'll probably regret asking this, but....what is that thing:?: Can you give me a hint without killin' me? I don't really need to know where you got it from... And from the conversation, it sounds as if you and Brooke saw the HC concert together way back when?? I'm so confused!

TimothyBFan
12-19-2008, 08:12 AM
EV--that is a little button we would of all liked to have had in the 70s. ;-) They were little buttons that the Eagles had the roadies pass out to the beautiful girls in the audience,they were told they were invited to a post concert party, no boyfriends allowed. Quite sought after!

Now you've been let in on the secret!:shh: Don't tell anyone!:fingerwag: :)

12-19-2008, 10:57 AM
Okay - here is the excerpt from Felder's book that explains the 3rd Encore button:

As a band, we had a policy of only ever doing two two-song encores, and after we released the album One of These Nights (1975) that was used to our advantage. While we were onstage, the road crew would scout the audience for willing participants and offer them backstage passes for what became known as the Third Encore – the party after the show.
Later, Don [Henley] and Glenn took the system to a higher level of sophistication. Laminated passes were done away with – too indiscreet – and little buttons, with “3E” written on them in yellow English Gothic print on a black background were passed out by the handful. The message was that the Eagles were having a party and would like to invite these women back to their hotel suite. No boyfriends were invited.

So, now I guess I'll have to come clean. The button is a fraud - that's right, it is fake! To my regret, I didn't earn this - I photo-shopped it. Sadly, I never got the opportunity to be an Eagles groupie. Back in the day, I was just a poor, struggling college student unable to afford to pay $10 or $15 to see an Eagles concert. So after I read Felder's description of the 3E button, I designed this one for myself. I admit it - I am just another pathetic groupie wannabee living in the past! :D :D

EagleLady
12-19-2008, 11:16 AM
:thumbsup: Awww That's ok Dreamer a girl can dream can't she?

Brooke
12-19-2008, 11:31 AM
Okay - here is the excerpt from Felder's book that explains the 3rd Encore button:

So, now I guess I'll have to come clean. The button is a fraud - that's right, it is fake! To my regret, I didn't earn this - I photo-shopped it. Sadly, I never got the opportunity to be an Eagles groupie. Back in the day, I was just a poor, struggling college student unable to afford to pay $10 or $15 to see an Eagles concert. So after I read Felder's description of the 3E button, I designed this one for myself. I admit it - I am just another pathetic groupie wannabee living in the past! :D :D

Yours might be fake dreamer, but as for mine..............:wink: :lol:

TimothyBFan
12-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Gosh-I sure wish I would of kept ALL of mine!! :hilarious::hilarious:

sodascouts
12-19-2008, 01:45 PM
You can see what a real one looked like here (above Glenn's photo):

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/WPLRStuffA.jpg

MikeA
12-19-2008, 01:48 PM
That is quite a colage Soda!

12-19-2008, 01:59 PM
Well - very interesting! That must be The Long Run version of the 3E button because it doesn't match Felder's description. Okay, all you girls in the know - were there different versions of the button or is Felder's memory 'hazy'? :wink: :D :twisted:

ticky
12-19-2008, 02:10 PM
I think you should print that out on card stock and laminate it Dreamer, then take it to the Vegas party.. maybe it'll still work!!! *G*

Umm Soda?? is that YOUR button?? do you want to tell us something?? I mean SOMEONE SOMEWHERE had these things.. come on.. SPILL the beans ladies *G*

sodascouts
12-19-2008, 02:34 PM
LOL ticky! I'm afraid the roadies designated to pick out the hotties would have breezed right by me without a second look!

That collage is from the Long Run tourbook, as dreamer surmised.

Maybe buttons were collected from groupies on the way out to hide the evidence in case one of 'em got a bun in the oven!

eaglesvet
12-19-2008, 08:37 PM
WOW...what a concept! I have never heard of that before now. I guess I may have been a tad too young and naive in the 70's :angel:. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "groupie," doesn't it? Did the roadies even check to be sure the girls weren't jail bait? I can see that causing a little bit o' trouble in some situations...on second thought, maybe not in the 70's. Also potential for quite a bit of fun :partytime:!

Anyone ever hear of any allegations over the years by ovens claiming paternity in regards to a bun?

TimothyBFan
12-19-2008, 09:38 PM
I just got outbid on this item and don't want to bid again if it is somebody here. Glenn single w/ picture sleeve. I will leave it for any of you Glenn fans if it's one of you.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=350140362391&ssPageName=STRK:MEBI:IT&ih=022

12-19-2008, 10:59 PM
WOW...what a concept! I have never heard of that before now. I guess I may have been a tad too young and naive in the 70's :angel:. Gives a whole new meaning to the term "groupie," doesn't it? Did the roadies even check to be sure the girls weren't jail bait? I can see that causing a little bit o' trouble in some situations...on second thought, maybe not in the 70's. Also potential for quite a bit of fun :partytime:!

Anyone ever hear of any allegations over the years by ovens claiming paternity in regards to a bun?

Well EV - you are right - it was indeed the 70's and things were quite different then. I'm not sure too much consideration was given to jail bait back then. After all, Glenn's nickname wasn't the Teen King for nothing. :wink:

I don't remember ever hearing anything about any paternity suits, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. It is certainly conceivable (pun intended) that there could be some Eaglettes running around. We do know that Don has a grown daughter that surfaced at the MusicCares event a couple of years ago. There isn't much known about her as far as her name, age, or mother, etc.

eaglesvet
12-19-2008, 11:09 PM
How did Don's "bun" surface without anyone knowing her name, at an event called MusicCares--which sounds like it might attract a bit of publicity? Anything posted here before on the Border about the event?

12-19-2008, 11:36 PM
Here you go ev - Here is a link to the thread where Don's daughter is discussed. I think the first mention is on page 4 in the thread.

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36&page=4

eaglesvet
12-20-2008, 02:26 AM
Thanks, Dreamer, I knew you would come through with the information! You always seem to know where to direct folks for info on this site. It was very interesting to read that whole thread about Don and the MusiCares honor. However, in reading the few posts that mention his oldest daughter, it almost seems that some info is missing now that was present in the thread back then. At one point, DF says that "some add'l info has been posted" regarding the oldest daughter, but it doesn't seem to have the info in the post, nor a link. And a bit later, Soda comments that it's nice how Don "outed" her and introduced her by name, as if there may have been a video clip or link just before her post; but again there isn't. Was there more info available back then in the thread, that for some reason was taken off the site in the interim?

sodascouts
12-20-2008, 03:29 AM
At that time, there were a bunch of items about the event that gave various pieces of information. Unfortunately, after almost two years, most of those items are no longer online. In some of the stories, it was said that Don introduced his daughter at the event. My comment referred to that bit of info.

There was no video of the event that I know of, nor was her name given in any of the news stories or posted items.

DonFan
12-20-2008, 04:22 PM
EV, Don's mystery daughter is a sore subject with me because I was unable to find ANY additional information about her after the MusiCares event. Believe me, I tried. I have a huge stack on info on Don--the man has been written about extensively and has given untold numbers of interviews over the years--and no where is there any mention of her. She showed up for the MusiCares event and then disappeared again.

I was also infinitely disappointed that MusiCares never released a DVD of event, especially since they have issued DVDs of many of the other MusiCares ceremonies, including the one honoring James Taylor. :-(

EagleLady
12-20-2008, 04:24 PM
I think This so called Daughter might just want to keep things a secret and doesn't want to open a can of worms.

Brooke
12-20-2008, 06:39 PM
As far as the MusiCares event, I wonder if it would do any good for all of us to contact them and ask for a dvd to be released? Maybe if they thought there would be interest in it, they would do it. :shrug:

MikeA
12-20-2008, 07:05 PM
I think This so called Daughter might just want to keep things a secret and doesn't want to open a can of worms.

EL,

I think you are undoubtedly correct. These guys (Eagles) are very public figures yet for the most part, they do try their best to keep their private lives "private."

The only one I can speak of really is Joe. I know that he has not put his family(ies) in the spotlight other than Lucy and not even then until she made the decision to take "center stage" as a performer herself.

I think that demonstrates extreme consideration from the hearts of the guys whose lifes are under the microscopes.

EagleLady
12-20-2008, 07:12 PM
EL,

I think you are undoubtedly correct. These guys (Eagles) are very public figures yet for the most part, they do try their best to keep their private lives "private."

The only one I can speak of really is Joe. I know that he has not put his family(ies) in the spotlight other than Lucy and not even then until she made the decision to take "center stage" as a performer herself.

I think that demonstrates extreme consideration from the hearts of the guys whose lifes are under the microscopes.

Exactly. I think Joe said that Lucy would have to earn her way to a contract without his influence.

eaglesvet
12-20-2008, 10:03 PM
At that time, there were a bunch of items about the event that gave various pieces of information. Unfortunately, after almost two years, most of those items are no longer online. In some of the stories, it was said that Don introduced his daughter at the event. My comment referred to that bit of info.

There was no video of the event that I know of, nor was her name given in any of the news stories or posted items.
That's what I figured...I see how photos and You-tubes disappear after a period of time, so I assumed that's what happened in the thread. Makes for a disjointed read, but it still seemed like an exciting musical event. I liked the report about the Dixie Chicks power outage, and how they scored on Desperado.

eaglesvet
12-20-2008, 10:06 PM
EV, Don's mystery daughter is a sore subject with me because I was unable to find ANY additional information about her after the MusiCares event. Believe me, I tried. I have a huge stack on info on Don--the man has been written about extensively and has given untold numbers of interviews over the years--and no where is there any mention of her. She showed up for the MusiCares event and then disappeared again.

I was also infinitely disappointed that MusiCares never released a DVD of event, especially since they have issued DVDs of many of the other MusiCares ceremonies, including the one honoring James Taylor. :-(
It sounds like the stars covering Don's songs would've been great to hear...that is too bad they didn't come through with the DVD. My hubby and I really like JT...maybe I should look into that DVD. I think his songs would sound great covered by other artists lending their own take on them.

eaglesvet
12-20-2008, 10:08 PM
As far as the MusiCares event, I wonder if it would do any good for all of us to contact them and ask for a dvd to be released? Maybe if they thought there would be interest in it, they would do it. :shrug:
Who would we contact, and where?

DonFan
12-21-2008, 08:49 PM

I have an email address for them somewhere, because I called and actually talked to the woman in charge of the event (ironically named Dana) and asked about the release of a DVD. She said "There are no plans to release a DVD at this time." But it certainly wouldn't hurt to get a coalition together to ask again. I'll see if I can track down the contact information again.

Edited to add:
MusiCares
MusiCares West Region
3402 Pico Blvd.
Santa Monica, CA 90405
Ph: 310.392.3777
Fx: 310.392.2187
Toll-free Help Line: 1.800.687.4227
musicares@grammy.com

TimothyBFan
12-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Don Henley Building the Perfect Beast/BOS sunglasses on ebay. Has anyone ever seen these before? Pretty cool!

http://cgi.ebay.com/DON-HENLEY-BOYS-OF-SUMMER-PROMO-SUNGLASSES-EAGLES_W0QQitemZ130276700654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130276700654&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318 (http://cgi.ebay.com/DON-HENLEY-BOYS-OF-SUMMER-PROMO-SUNGLASSES-EAGLES_W0QQitemZ130276700654QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item130276700654&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318)

CCA Santa Fe
01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
The Center for Contemporary Arts of Santa Fe is selling a signed Eagles guitar to benefit our education programs, performing and visual arts spaces and cinematheque. This guitar is signed by all four members of the Eagles. Dressed in an eye-popping electric-blue finish, this Fender®-designed Stratocaster® guitar has a great look and feel. With a contoured alder body, bolt-on maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and late '60s headstock, three single coil pickups and standard tremolo system, the guitar has all the vintage vibe and is a priceless collector’s item.
Our asking price is $2,500.
Please contact lacey@ccasantafe.org if interested.

Photos:
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/Tenakhead/Eagles%20Guitar/3_eaglesguitar.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/Tenakhead/Eagles%20Guitar/5_signaturedetail.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e364/Tenakhead/Eagles%20Guitar/5_signaturedetail.jpg

ticky
01-15-2009, 02:33 PM
I just sniped this ~ 1976 Tour Book (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270330316876) Looks like a pretty good deal!

TimothyBFan
01-15-2009, 03:34 PM
Rhonda -be careful if you want an original. That guy has several of them listed right now from .99 to 2.99 and has had a non stop supply of them lately. He has a great feedback so I'm sure they're nice. I get email daily from my watch list and these seem to keep popping up right now. Just makes me think that they might be copies. If you don't mind that, it's a great deal if you can get it for that little money. I have one and it has some beautiful pictures in it.

ticky
01-15-2009, 03:47 PM
I wonder how you'd tell if it was a copy? It says its original but, who know? and how do you tell? Well, I sniped it for $5 so if its a copy *G* it wont be too big of a deal, but I'll sure give him some feedback!!

Thanks Willie :)

Glennsallnighter
01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
Regardess, it looks like perfect drooling material anyway Rhonda! Enjoy!!

ticky
01-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Thanks Lisa *G* If I get it, I will! hehe

Peekaboo
01-19-2009, 07:41 PM
Okay this took me forever to get posted but i finally got it done and got the walls the way I wanted them. Warning- I'm not the best photographer in the world. Here are my record albums and the poster from the Tulsa concert.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2935.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2936.jpg

I found this on my first trip to St. Petersburg, FL in 2007. There's a shop on the pier that sells all kinds of rock and roll and movie memorabilia from all decades and this was the only Eagles thing that I found.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2934.jpg

I framed my ticket along with the pic of all the guys that I took at each of the Tulsa concerts. I also included my VIP pass from the first concert.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2918.jpg

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2917.jpg

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2009, 07:46 PM
My goodness PaB. They are all lovely. What a collection to be proud of! Well done.

Freypower
01-19-2009, 07:47 PM
That looks really good. Thanks for sharing.

Peekaboo
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
It ended up taking up a whole wall and part of another.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2920.jpg

At the first Tulsa concert, they were giving out these laminated tickets in honor of the opening of the BOK Center.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/scan0001.jpg

I counted up my t-shirts and I have 14 Eagles shirts, 1 Don Henley, and 1 Joe Walsh shirt. This is my favorite Eagles shirt because it's also apart of the opening of the BOK Center.
Here's the front of the shirt:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2938.jpg

And here's the back:
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/Eagles%20Memorabilia/CIMG2939.jpg

ticky
01-19-2009, 08:16 PM
now THAT'S a wall of worship!! Good for you girl!! *G* Before you know it, all four walls will be covered.. as it should be! *G*

Brooke
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
That is wonderful, Pb. I love it! Great job!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
01-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Wow! Amazing! I love it!

MikeA
01-19-2009, 10:14 PM
Outstanding Collection and well presented! Great Job. And, Great Memories!

Stars
01-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Looks great, PB! I just loved looking at it all.:) Thanks for putting the photos up so we could all share it with you!

01-20-2009, 01:09 AM
PB - That is fantastic how you displayed your albums. You've done the guys proud! :wink:

TimothyBFan
01-20-2009, 07:41 AM
PB--that is absolutely fantastic. That is what I am thriving to do with my albums but I have to get duplicates because I will not frame my only copies because we listen to them to much. I am slowly working my way thru getting the 2nd copies, only a couple more to go. Hopefully my display when done will look as perfect as yours. You have inspired me to hurry up and get on with it.

DonFan
01-20-2009, 09:37 AM
Impressive collection, Peek! I love it! Well Done.

TimothyBFan
01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Wouldn't this be cool to add to any of our collections!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370147424855&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Prettymaid
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM
PB, I'm so glad you displayed the picture of Glenn dancing with your roses. And is that a picture of you with Don? Have you posted that here before?

Peekaboo
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
PB, I'm so glad you displayed the picture of Glenn dancing with your roses. And is that a picture of you with Don? Have you posted that here before?

:doh:Yes that's my picture with Don. I posted it on here somewhere before but I had cropped myself out it. I meant to block me out of that one but I was so excited about finally getting everything put up on my walls that I forgot about it till you just mentioned it. I really don't like me in that picture. That was me 50 pounds ago :yuck:.

Peekaboo
01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
Wouldn't this be cool to add to any of our collections!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370147424855&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

My oh my!! That is quite impressive AND quite expensive!!!

TimothyBFan
01-28-2009, 10:29 AM
Rhonda--Look at this one--You have to have this!!! But you have to promise us you will NOT tell us the things you do to it!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230322038989&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

ticky
01-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I was thinking about that... Im not sure I could cut out the life sized Felder tho.. Poor Cliffy would have to make room for it... People in the grocery store would start to stare at me ( I mean more then they already do..) I dunno...

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Oooh! NICE!!

Wonder is there a Glenn :heart: anywhere?

ochiba kid 1
02-02-2009, 06:23 AM
Hi Guys, better late than never, thanks to Mike A advice and help, I think if you look into my Album ? you may find a couple of pictures of some of my Eagles bits, inc Guitar Picks, Hotel signed print, Joe Walsh signed print and Heaven and Hell signed book, I have other bits, but either packed away to safe or not photographed

Hope youenjoy the pictures if you find them

Thanks Gary:nod:

MikeA
02-02-2009, 10:10 AM
Have any of you guys bought any of these "tribute" type pick collections? I see hundreds of them on eBay. Obviously, they have nothing to do with the artist...just someone capitalizing on their Names and Reputations.

I do have one that I bought from the Joe Walsh Fan Club (JWFC) but it was offered only by the JWFC. I suspect that it is from the same source though as those on eBay.

There are two or three different sets of "Eagles" picks and are quite reasonable in price. They are all (or those I looked at anyway) from the UK where copyright laws from the USA do not apply.

Here's one of the eBay auctions

Eagles Picks (http://cgi.ebay.com/Eagles-Guitar-Pick-Tribute-Display-Picks-Set-NEW_W0QQitemZ260354000501QQcategoryZ20831QQcmdZVie wItem)

ochiba kid 1
02-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Mike, it all depends on what you want to do with them ? I am after only the ones that are made for the official tours, mind you the only one I know 100% was held by an Eagles was the Joe Walsh 2006, I see it in his hand, 5 mins later it was in mine
Cheers Gary

MikeA
02-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Mike, it all depends on what you want to do with them ? I am after only the ones that are made for the official tours, mind you the only one I know 100% was held by an Eagles was the Joe Walsh 2006, I see it in his hand, 5 mins later it was in mine
Cheers Gary

I have two picks "like that". One I know was Joe's and the other was tossed to my daughter after a show in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It was laying on the stage between Joe and Stu so it might have been Stu's. It had no markings on it other than "Eagles 2002". It would have been a year or two old though because the concert I attended was a couple of years after that.

Troubadour
02-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Not technically Eagles memorabilia, but I've just won a 1st edition copy of Heaven Is Under Our Feet from eBay - signed by Mr. Henley! I can't wait to receive it :yay:

ticky
02-02-2009, 03:47 PM
YEA LOU!!! nice find!!

Brooke
02-02-2009, 05:02 PM
:thumbsup: Very cool Troub!

Peekaboo
02-05-2009, 12:19 AM
Excellent win Lou!! :thumbsup::thumbsup: That book is something that I still need to add to my list of Eagley things to get.

I was at a music and movie store in the mall in St. Pete, FL. and found a dvd called California Nights. I can't remember if this dvd has been mentioned before but I bought it anyway. It's 109 minutes of interviews with the guys including the Hall of Fame induction. I've seen some of these interviews before but there are some that are new to me. It's definitely a bootleg and it even says on the dvd box that it is made without the authority and consent of the artist. I haven't finished watching all of it yet but so far so good.

TimothyBFan
02-05-2009, 08:23 AM
I just won this Eagles Tribute Pick Display. I'm sure everyone has seen these before and might have them already but I have never bought one. They usually go for more than what I won it for, with postage and everything it was only $5.25! Cool price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260354000501

MikeA
02-05-2009, 08:36 AM
I just won this Eagles Tribute Pick Display. I'm sure everyone has seen these before and might have them already but I have never bought one. They usually go for more than what I won it for, with postage and everything it was only $5.25! Cool price!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=260354000501

I was asking about that "type" pick collection in another thread. I think there are actually a couple of "Eagles" compilations our there. The other one is "similar" to that one but has different background and the images on the picks are not the same.

It is "interesting" that these are ALL made in the UK where the people making the merchandise do not have to get the approval of the Artists they are doing the "tribute" for. I've seen tee-shirts with likenesses of virtually any celebrity that you might have a hankering to find.

Those making this type merchandise probably couldn't do in in the USA where copyright and "intellectual property" type laws apply. I have at least one tee-shirt with an image of Joe playing a double-neck guitar.

But back to the picks......I have the Joe Walsh Collector's Pick Collection that I bought through the JWFC while I was a member there. I've never seen one of Joe's collections like the one sold by the JWFC on eBay like the one you got TBF. But the format is identical. I'm wondering if "Joe's People" contracted with those who put your pick collection together? I think I put a picture of my collection in one of my albums here on Profile.

I did go ahead and upload the three Pick Collection on eBay now. I wouldn't mind bidding on all three of them. They are unique. You can look them over on my Profile Albums or use the link below (I hope!)

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/album.php?albumid=12&pictureid=320

ticky
02-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Wow Willie!! good deal! Very nice display *G*

ticky
02-10-2009, 02:45 AM
Do Ya'll remember that t-shirt I was trying to make? Well, I finally found the right transfer paper and tried it and Look what I made!
http://tickypages.com/picturebin/joeshirt.jpg

The paper was on CLEARANCE for 2 bucks a sheet!! You can probably find it cheaper on line (I found it at Michael's) Mostly it needs to be made for soft or stretchy fabric (this brand was June Tailor Soft n Stretchy) but, like I said, look on line. Also, I havent tried washing it yet, but I'll let ya know how it comes out.

TimothyBFan
02-10-2009, 08:05 AM
That is very unique --how cool!! I admit, before I read under the picture, I thought you had tipped a few to many and went out and got a giant tattoo on your back! :hilarious: I was a little worried for a minute!

MikeA
02-10-2009, 08:46 AM
got a giant tattoo on your back! :hilarious: I was a little worried for a minute!

OUCH!!! That would HAVE to HURT! I have a shirt with that design on it Ticky. It was given to me so I'm not sure where mine came from...probably that UK outfit that was selling designs for most ever Rock Group that has ever existed.

Where did the graphic come from? Didn't Joe use a double-neck acoustic in that PBS show he did solo?

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2009, 10:16 AM
I thought the same! Rhonda's finally flipped! But no! Its gorgeous Ticky!

And TBF, that display is lovely too! Well done!

ticky
02-10-2009, 11:35 AM
hehehehe Hmmm a giant tattoo on my back huh.. that gives me an idea!! hehehe nooo... its just a shirt.. The pics Im not sure where they originated but there are two one black and white and one color and both in the same setting and both with the double neck. They look like portraits to me, professional.

TimothyBFan
02-11-2009, 10:15 AM
I threw all my yearbooks out but yet I am seriously thinking of chucking down $40.00 for Tim's yearbook!:brickwall: I need to get a grip!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330307181516&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:us

TimothyBFan
02-11-2009, 11:27 AM
Ok --here's what I can get my hands on around here so far. I am a horrible photographer (that is why I steal other peoples concert shots-Maleah!). I brought everything here out to the dining room and did it at the table so I could spread stuff out a bit.

Starting out with my new arrival. :smitten: It's already been framed, but I took it out to keep from getting to bad a glare. Sorry about how blurry it is.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/004-1.jpg

My Joe Walsh autographed album.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/005-1.jpg

My buttons
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/002.jpg

More buttons
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/003.jpg

My books and Selected Works
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/013.jpg

TimothyBFan
02-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Some of my shirts. I know there's a few more but didn't feel like digging for them.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/014.jpg

A couple Rolling Stone Magazines
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/007.jpg

Here's a couple of framed pictures "borrowed" from Maleah--Again thank you!!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/006.jpg

Here's some misc. pictures, advertisements, poster, pics (Maleah again!) She really should have gotten royalties from me!!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/015.jpg

And more misc, my Rolling Stone purse, calendar, VIP pass, advertisements
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/016.jpg

TimothyBFan
02-11-2009, 11:36 AM
My programs
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/008.jpg

Cds and cassettes, there are more, but again didn't feel like digging.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/009.jpg

Solo albums and 45s--more also put away.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/010.jpg

Group albums--I have more than 1 of most of them and eventually will have them all framed and on the wall.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/011.jpg

More albums
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/012.jpg

sodascouts
02-11-2009, 12:18 PM
Impressive, TBF! Thanks for pulling those out!

P.S. About the yearbook... guess who is the proud owner of one of Glenn's? lol

Koala
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
This is really a impressiv collection!
Mine collection is not so extensively there I not yet all Eagels albums owns,(I want still two) and
I have no more solo albums, I had sometimes an album of Don Henley and one of Glenn Frey, however, do not know where they have remained!:sad:
At the concert in July I will buy definitive a T-shirt and a tour book for my collection. I think after I the remaining Eagelsalben has shopped I will get some solo albums.

I hope this with English is so right and understands it.
Is not so easy if one not into his language writes!

TimothyBFan
02-11-2009, 02:24 PM
You know what Koala---You are doing just fine with your English!! I can't imagine how hard that would be to do. I'm very impressed with how well you do. I have had no trouble at all understanding you. You just keep on doing what you've been doing! :thumbsup:

Koala
02-11-2009, 02:50 PM
You know what Koala---You are doing just fine with your English!! I can't how hard that would be to do. I'm very impressed with how well you do. I have had no trouble at all understanding you. You just keep on doing what you've been doing! :thumbsup:
Thank you this feels well for hearing / reading!
However, it sometimes is really hard but I have damn a lot of fun here in the forum and I also understand your contributions better and better.

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Well having fun is one of the best things about this board Koala, so keep posting and having fun!

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2009, 03:46 PM
Willie! What a fantastic collection of everything! Did I see Glenn's sig on the NFA album? Or was it just my overactive imagination?

TimothyBFan
02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
LOL GA--your imagination runs wild. That would be a sticky that has his name and price for the album on it! :hilarious: Don't I wish!! Pretty cool tho, now that I think about it--I now have 1/2 of the Eagles signatures!!! :thumbsup:

MikeA
02-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Okay GA, now you're freaking me out!

Don't Know, know, know, know, know, know, know,

ticky
02-11-2009, 08:02 PM
uhh.. you growin' your own mushrooms PM?? Cuz maybe you should leave the pretty red pokey-dot ones alone..

ticky
02-11-2009, 09:09 PM
I just put a snipe on this Joe Walsh 9 LP's (http://cgi.ebay.com/JOE-WALSH-LP-lot-nine-titles_W0QQitemZ280311214151QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280311214151&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|2 93:2|294:50#ebayphotohosting)

Peekaboo
02-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Excellent collection, Willie. :thumbsup: I love seeing other people's collection of Eagles memorabilia on here.

Ticky, the Joe Wash albums look like a great buy. I'd go for it if I were you. Good luck!!

MikeA
02-12-2009, 08:32 AM
I just put a snipe on this Joe Walsh 9 LP's (http://cgi.ebay.com/JOE-WALSH-LP-lot-nine-titles_W0QQitemZ280311214151QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280311214151&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|2 93:2|294:50#ebayphotohosting)

I'd slap $50 on that one in a heartbeat....but I won't go against you Rhonda.

ticky
02-12-2009, 11:36 AM

ochiba kid 1
02-12-2009, 12:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Anybody seen or have a set of 2009 Guitar picks that they can share a picture of ??? I have seen a Joe Walsh one but not any of the others ?

Thanks

02-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Wow TBF - that is an awesome collection that you have put together. I also love seeing the pictures of what each of us have collected. Heck if we keep it up, maybe we can all pool our memorabilia and sell it off - we may be able to raise enough money, and hire the band for that private Border concert that we were discussing a while back! :wink:

Prettymaid
02-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Dreamer, I think that's the only thing that would get us to sell our stuff!:hilarious:

ticky
02-12-2009, 07:23 PM
and we'd be the ones buying it all too!!

Troubadour
02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
I just received my signed copy of Heaven Is Under Our Feet! Wheeeee! :heart:

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Wow TBF - that is an awesome collection that you have put together. I also love seeing the pictures of what each of us have collected. Heck if we keep it up, maybe we can all pool our memorabilia and sell it off - we may be able to raise enough money, and hire the band for that private Border concert that we were discussing a while back! :wink:

Brilliant Idea Dreamer. And during that concert the boys could sign a load of new stuff for us so we'd have it all back again!

Troub, delighted you got your book. Hope you are enjoying it!

Peekaboo
02-13-2009, 09:05 AM

I agree, brilliant idea!! It's funny that you mentioned that too because I was just thinking about the Border concert at work a few nights ago. There are so many people that come into the casino and play $500-$1000 a hand on blackjack. Everytime I'm dealing to these people and see them play that much money, I'm thinking to myself "there goes 2 Eagles tickets, there goes 3 Eagles tickets, that money could so go towards the Eagles." I would much rather put that money towards seeing the guys again than taking my chances on blackjack. JMHO.

TimothyBFan
02-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Look what I just bid on!! Glad LP. Cool low price also. We will see!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320340859801&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Stars
02-13-2009, 10:26 AM
Good luck, TBF! I hope you win it! It looks like a great album to have-didn't realize that Tim was with them.:)

Brooke
02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
8) Good luck TBF. I hope you win.

MikeA
02-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Good luck, TBF! I hope you win it! It looks like a great album to have-didn't realize that Tim was with them.:)

1968: Feelin Glad.

That would be an excellent addition to any Eagles collection of related material....especially one weighted toward TBS!

GOOD LUCK! :thumbsup:

EagleLady
02-15-2009, 12:14 PM
I just bought Hotel California on CD from Walmart. :partytime:

TimothyBFan
02-18-2009, 08:13 AM
Timmy's yearbook went for over $88.00!! I am NOT the new owner! His stuff continues to amaze me on how much it goes for on ebay! I'm still the high bidder on the Glad album but I'm not holding my breath. I totally refuse to pay that kind of money for memorabilia like this--no matter how much I love these guys!

MikeA
02-18-2009, 08:41 AM
I totally refuse to pay that kind of money for memorabilia like this--no matter how much I love these guys!

I applaud your discretion Willie!

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2009, 05:43 PM
I bid on this earlier today but I'm not into a bidding war tonight! Its gone from $10 4 hours ago to $27.87 and there are at least 2 other bidders.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220360641427

Rhonda, you might have seen this, though its creeping up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=250373489050

ticky
02-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Oooo Lisa *G* Nice!! I'd snipe that but my ebay budget is shot *G*

Glennsallnighter
02-19-2009, 07:10 PM
Join the club! I had to let the tour book go! Maybe another time!

TimothyBFan
02-22-2009, 11:02 AM
Any of you who know Glenn's signature better than I do--does this one look legit? I'm thinking of bidding on this but just never sure even with a COA.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180329948480

sodascouts
02-22-2009, 12:34 PM
I'm always leery of signatures that look like scrawls.

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2009, 06:42 PM
Me too! I'm not saying that with a COA its NOT authentic, and sometimes people can vary their sig slightly, but Glenn :heart:'s is very distinctive and this looks a little too 'scrawly' for me!

02-22-2009, 07:35 PM
While I agree with what you all are saying about "scrawly" signatures, I also know that Glenn varies his signature quite a bit, including occasional scrawls. I usually look at the formation of his capital "G" and "F" because these seem to vary the least, especially in recent times. He has a unique way of forming those two letters that I think is a bit hard to duplicate. Because of that, I lean towards thinking that this signature is authentic. However, I agree that I would never be willing to shell out big bucks for a signed item that I can't be certain about. On the other hand, if you can get this for under $15, it may be worth it. It is a very attractive piece, and there's a good chance that the sig is authentic. Oh - the choices we Eagles fans must make. :wink:

TimothyBFan
02-23-2009, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the advice guys! We will see. I kinda thought for the price right now it would be worth it too.

TimothyBFan
02-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Here's a really nice lot and very reasonable if anyone is interested. I'm watching but don't know if will bid. Have most of them already but do like the picture sleeves.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=150328429410#ebayphotohosting

TimothyBFan
02-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Well, I won that Glenn sheet music w/ signature!! :partytime: I took my chance and got it for $13.00 American. I think the fact of the shipping may have scared some people off because coming from Australia.

3 Eagles down 1 to go!!! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Keep on goin' Girl!!

Peekaboo
02-25-2009, 09:09 AM
Good for you, Willie!! :thumbsup: Good luck with getting the last one!!

Prettymaid
02-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Which one's the last one, TBF, Joe?

TimothyBFan
02-25-2009, 10:18 AM
Don. I have my recent Timmy autographed pic, an autographed Best Of Joe Walsh album that my niece gave me and this Glenn signed sheet music. I need something different for Don so it's a variety. I'm keeping my eyes open.
Then I start working on Don Felder, Randy, Bernie & JD.

Prettymaid
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
That's right, I forgot about the album your niece gave you.

02-25-2009, 11:53 AM
Congrats on winning that Willie. Like I said, to me it is an attractive piece and worth $13.00 even without the signature. Now good luck on completing your collection.

TimothyBFan
02-26-2009, 10:07 AM
Shall we take up a collection and share this one? I won't be bidding but sure would be nice.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160318173085&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

EagleLady
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
That is a very nice guitar

MikeA
02-26-2009, 11:31 AM
Don't know if you could read it but the red inscription indicates the Eagles Tour 1994/1995

EagleLady
02-26-2009, 11:34 AM
Mike, you have a very good eye to detail ;)

ochiba kid 1
03-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi Guys,

Just got my Eagles 2009 Guitar Picks in, they are quite nice, will take photos at some stage and add them to my profile thing or album ? not sure what it is called, ( the place where you guys look at my photos ? ), looks like I will be asking Mike A for more advice

Cheers Gary:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
03-02-2009, 09:04 AM
This is unbelievable---Tim's guitar pick for over $42.00!! Who does that? This same person had picks on from Don & Steuart but they went for $10.00 and $6.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=220366856999

I may never get a Tim pick!

ochiba kid 1
03-02-2009, 10:18 AM
I know how you feel Tim B Fan, I have been after one guitar picks of Tim's for a few years now, I need 2007, but cannot find one anywhere, I did see one on ebay last year with some others and a backstage pass, but missed the auction as I had to go into hospital, also it did go high if I remember correctly ? oh well heres to dreaming

Cheers Gary:partytime:

ochiba kid 1
03-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Extra pictures now added

Thanks Gary:thumbsup:

Wildthyme
03-02-2009, 06:36 PM
This is unbelievable---Tim's guitar pick for over $42.00!! Who does that? This same person had picks on from Don & Steuart but they went for $10.00 and $6.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&item=220366856999

I may never get a Tim pick!

I know! I saw that and I thought about bidding on it when it was down around $12 but after it hit 20 something that was it for me...

Glennsallnighter
03-03-2009, 10:36 AM
One of Glenn :heart:s went for $82 last year! I've seen plenty of Felders on offer. Never seen them bid on though!!:shrug:

I guess it just like any other lot, depends on the interest in the pick itself (or the band member!!)

ticky
03-04-2009, 04:18 PM
I dont have the $$$ for it, but look at this!!

THE EAGLES AUTOGRAPHED/signed GUITAR (http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-EAGLES-AUTOGRAPHED-signed-GUITAR_W0QQitemZ280317861266QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item280317861266&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1205|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:0|2 93:1|294:50#ebayphotohosting)

Brooke
03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
That is cool ticky. I'm a bit unsure of Don Henley's sig though. The others look good to me.

MikeA
03-04-2009, 06:03 PM
I have a few questions about it myself. The person got it at a company party for a company that does promotions and distributions for Wal-Mart....not Wal-Mart itself.

The implication was that the guitar came from a recent company party which would make it for LROE which is the only one that Wal-Mart had exclusive rights to sell Eagles recordings in the USA if I'm understanding the specifics of their distribution deal. Now maybe they were just saying that to somehow "identify" the company having the party.

"MY WIFE WORKS FOR A COMPANY THAT DISTRIBUTES ALL MUSIC AND DVD'S FOR WALMART STORES"

If Wal-Mart is the only store that can sell the recording, where is the need for a third party to "distribute" it?

Next, I'm a little skeptical as to the authenticity of the guitar. In HFO days and LROE days, the Eagles have been signing Takimini and Gibson guitars. This one looks to be an Epiphone...but certainly not a Tak or Gibson as can be seen by the label inside the soundhole.

It definitely has to be an older guitar in order to have Felder's name on it at all if Felder's signature is authentic. That would place it most likely in the Hotel California or Long Run era. At that time they may have been endorsing Epiphones...or some celebrity or highly though of Fan might have gotten all of them to sign it. But Felder states in his book that he was VERY cautious of signing anything that the other Eagles had signed because the signatures of all five were so valuable as to make them something worth selling for huge profits and Felder was very much against that kind of commercialization off things like that.

What would someone be doing giving such an "antique" away anyway at a company party as a door prize?

I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I am saying that it would be very unusual for someone to part with something like this obviously valuable guitar as a "doorprize!"

When I was out in Vegas, I went into a Memorabilia Shop that had a Guitar Signed by Jimi Hendrix for $450. I cornered the shopkeepper and got him to admit that the signature was a copy....probalby a forgery of signature somewhere obtained off of something Hendrix signed. It would be a perfect copy, but worth nothing more than the ink it took to copy it.

This could easily be the same kind of deal.

If anyone is thinking of buying this for the value of the signatures, I'd advise being very sure that the sigs were authentic.

ochiba kid 1
03-05-2009, 12:40 PM
I am with Mike on this one, if it was to go cheap, then heh ho, get what you pay for, but a couple of the sigs do look a bit so so ? could be a laser copied set ? but the Eden tour with Felder, no way would that happen unless the guitar is signed by Felder after the fact ? but who knows ? but then I have a few signed items of my own, 2 I am worried about, as I know I have a couple of 100% real deals, you start to compare all sigs with these, what a minefield.

Cheers Gary:headscratch:

03-05-2009, 01:46 PM
I agree with you guys. After reading the description, Felder's signature on the guitar threw up an immediate red flag to me. Personally, I wouldn't touch that one with a 10 foot pole!

Maleah
03-07-2009, 03:14 AM
Just a note on the "third party distribution" thingy. At our Walmart, we did have a third party that came in and handled all of the cd's and dvd's. The company that handled ours is called Anderson Merchandising and while the merchandise came on our trucks and we put it out, the associate that came to our stores did all the ordering and hands on tasks that went along with it.

MikeA
03-07-2009, 03:21 AM
Just a note on the "third party distribution" thingy. At our Walmart, we did have a third party that came in and handled all of the cd's and dvd's. The company that handled ours is called Anderson Merchandising and while the merchandise came on our trucks and we put it out, the associate that came to our stores did all the ordering and hands on tasks that went along with it.

Then, this must be the same Distribution Company that the lady worked for who obtained the guitar initially.

I curious. I wonder why Wal-Mart would need to enlist that type service? Is there some "union" thing going on with the record industry that mandates that?

Hmmm, and I wonder who are the major stockholders? I know this it totally irrelevant to the questions about the guitar....but it is an interesting thought!

AzEaglesFan
03-07-2009, 08:52 PM
The Wal Marts that I go to have out side ventors that handle the CDs, DVDs and even the magazines. I know this is a fact because recently the vendors were on strike and nothing was delivered for about 3 weeks.

Prettymaid
03-08-2009, 04:38 PM
They also do it with greeting cards.

Maleah
03-09-2009, 12:22 AM
All good questions Mike! Ones that I don't have an answer for! lol

And as AZEFan and PM said...they have vendors for several things. CDs, DVDs, Video Games, Magazines, Pepsi/Coke, Frito Lay, Books.....I'm sure the list could go on and on.

TimothyBFan
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Check out this Joe Walsh guitar pick!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110364984776&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

EagleLady
03-17-2009, 10:18 AM
That is so cute

ochiba kid 1
03-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Nice, never seen that one though ? a strange guitar pick though and I wonder how rare ( if I had a job or money, I would take a punt ) alas, notthis time, mind you it would go nice with my other picks

Cheers Gary

MikeA
03-17-2009, 10:47 AM
Anyone here also on JWFC who could even check to see if Joe had any of those picks made up? Though I have not heard of them before, that does not mean that he didn't have them as party favors or something like that. Becca might be able to find out the possible authenticity of that pick. Even so, WOW $200 is a lot to pay for a pick!

ochiba kid 1
03-18-2009, 07:48 AM
it did not sell, it is now cheaper, I may take a punt and see if I win ???

Gary:oops::oops: Oh what if the wife finds out though ??

TimothyBFan
03-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Gary--Your secret is safe with us!!:shh: :ziplip:

ochiba kid 1
03-18-2009, 09:06 AM
What worries me though is how to explain to her what it is on the bank statement PAYPAL, she knows, she is actually very good, but being presently off work, her tollerance levels are a bit off, DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel::angel::angel::angel::angel: :angel::angel:

TimothyBFan
03-18-2009, 10:07 AM
I need your opinion guys~~~

Do you think Larry would allow this on my pillow? :hilarious:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220379580001&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

03-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Gary, good luck with the wife! :wink:

And TBF - go for it. I know several of us have pillowcases with Glenn on them (see the beginning pages of this thread), but I've never seen one of Timothy before. You may get the dreaded eye roll if you try to use it in front of Larry though. :roll:

sodascouts
03-18-2009, 12:43 PM
A man can only take so much, TBF! lol. Save it for when he's away - just don't forget to change it back! ;)

Brooke
03-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Good luck with the wife, Gary!

I tend to 'forget' sometimes what a charge was for, but have a 'vague' idea how much it was and leave the description blank in the checkbook register. Since I balance the statements, it works for me. :angel:

TBF, I suggest you take Soda's suggestion, too.

Glennsallnighter
03-18-2009, 02:22 PM
I need your opinion guys~~~

Do you think Larry would allow this on my pillow? :hilarious:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220379580001&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

Nope! I don't think so :hilarious:. I'd allow it on Laura's pillow though!

melrose
03-18-2009, 02:30 PM
TBF - I've been thinking about buying one of the Timothy pillows, too. but $19 is almost too steep...but then again, it IS Timothy :hilarious:

ochiba kid 1
03-18-2009, 06:48 PM
not me was outbid oh well

Gary

Prettymaid
03-18-2009, 07:10 PM
And TBF - go for it. I know several of us have pillowcases with Glenn on them (see the beginning pages of this thread), but I've never seen one of Timothy before. You may get the dreaded eye roll if you try to use it in front of Larry though. :roll:

Or he might suffocate you with it! :hilarious:

melrose
03-18-2009, 07:11 PM
haha I think you have it right PM

Glennsallnighter
03-21-2009, 10:19 AM
This is what I would love, but I DAREN'T get it sent to my own address!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220379169372&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

I have about 7 hours to decide what to do!

EagleLady
03-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Go for it Lisa! Just switch it whenever Hubby's around ;)

Glennsallnighter
03-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Oh I'll go for it. I can use it any night hubby is working! Its more the taking in the post bit I'm worried about. I'd rather he didnt!!

glenneaglesfan
03-21-2009, 06:03 PM
I love it, Lisa! Goodness knows I've had to hide or make excuses for some of my Ebay purchases! The "Hard Rock/Rock Hard" poster was one of the worst, arriving in a giant Toblerone package. Luckily my boys hid it under my desk! My pillowcase comes out on those rare occasions when hubby isn't around and I can indulge myself with a bit of Glenn love.

Have you seen these pics? If no one else wants them, please indulge me and I will have a go and if successful, I'll be nice and share!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=220380968555

Glennsallnighter
03-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Go for it GEF!!

Actually.......I missed the pillow case :blush: I was too busy being fabulous (watching Ireland win the 6-Nations Grand Slam) and I got in just too late. However there were no bids on it so hopefully it will be relisted. If it is I WILL go for it! I dream about Glenn:heart: so I might as well admit it!

sodascouts
03-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Ooh! Here's hoping you get that!

TimothyBFan
04-07-2009, 07:00 AM
This came up yesterday on my ebay alerts, a Timothy B Schmit mousepad. When I brought it up~~well take a look...It's Randy Meisner with Timothy B Schmit written across the top of it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180343967992

I emailed asking if it was Timothy or Randy? I noticed this morning that the auction had ended. Geez--try selling something you know something about!! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
04-07-2009, 08:07 AM
That's pathetic.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2009, 04:31 AM
If anyone feels like taking out an additional mortgage, they could go for this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Glenn-Frey-1963-Picture-Yearbook-MI-Eagles-Band_W0QQitemZ160329754082QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item160329754082&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I think I'll buy a lotto ticket tonight after all!

MikeA
04-22-2009, 07:41 AM
If anyone feels like taking out an additional mortgage, they could go for this:

I think I'll buy a lotto ticket tonight after all!

That's pretty amazing.

MeThinks someone might be a little optimistic with a $50K price tag...for that anyway. For $50K, I might consider Glenn's first car, with signed dashboard and an autographed picture of him sighing it and a picture of him signing the picture, along with a title search showing his ownership of the car.

Come to think of it, Glenn might give $50,000 for his first car too!
<LOL>