PDA

View Full Version : Eagles memorabilia

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

TimothyBFan
04-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Are you kidding me? Unreal!!!

sodascouts
04-22-2009, 08:46 AM
LOL! All I have to say to that guy is "Dream on, dude." I've shelled out for Glenn memorabilia before, but only the world's biggest sucker would pay 50 Grand for that.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah - I couldn't resist sending the seller a response. I doubt if they will reply, but we'll see. On the plus side, I do think the signature is authentic. It matches the one on the essay that I bought that was written by Glenn around the same time. Boy - what a deal I got on that after all. :lol: Anyway here's what I wrote:

"You have got to be kidding about the amount of this opening bid. I love Glenn Frey and consider myself a hardcore fan, but that is an outrageous amount. As much as I'd like to bid on this item, hell would have to freeze over again. Good luck on getting any bids on this."

Brooke
04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
Ha! Way to go dreamer! :hilarious:

sodascouts
04-22-2009, 10:58 AM
LOL Dreamer. So true. When even the hardest of hardcores think your item isn't worth anywhere near what you're asking, you're in trouble.

I bet if he let the auction take its natural course and started low, he wouldn't be able to get more than 1/100 of that price for it, tops.... which is still more than I would pay.

Glennsallnighter
04-22-2009, 12:17 PM
I agree with what you say about the sig Dreamer. And Soda, as you know I too have shelled out a lot for Glenn :heart: memorabila in the last few years as well, but realistically, all this year book is famous for IS the references to Glenn :heart: and I couldn't even justify spending that to myself!!

TimothyBFan
04-22-2009, 12:21 PM
:thumbsup: Dreamer!! You should of added about the essay in your note to him. I hope someone is watching this item so that we know what happens. But won't we all be red in the face if someone really does bid on it! :hilarious:

MikeA
04-22-2009, 12:45 PM
:thumbsup: Dreamer!! You should of added about the essay in your note to him. I hope someone is watching this item so that we know what happens. But won't we all be red in the face if someone really does bid on it! :hilarious:

I don't think there could be a false bid on it. I don't know what the rate is for commission that eBay takes, but whatever it is, it would be significant against a $50,000 item. Of course, eBay would have to collect it. That might not be that easy <LOL>

As for number of feedbacks, that seller is almost "Stuck On The Border". Must think he can actually get that price for some reason.

luvthelighthouse
04-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm thinking that is a typo. Perhaps he meant, $495.95. - Even that is crazy, but more acceptable!

Peekaboo
04-22-2009, 04:26 PM
SON OF A B****!!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!!! Even if I had the money to buy that, it's still a ridiculous price. Good on you Dreamer for sending the seller that message. :thumbsup:

glenneaglesfan
04-22-2009, 06:04 PM
Wow, that guy is on another planet. You could probably get together and hire the man himself for not too much more. Maybe we could all chip in for a Border reunion?!

eaglesvet
04-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Here, here! Now you're talking!

Glennsallnighter
04-23-2009, 04:15 AM
Absolutely GEF! I told my mom that either side of her 75th birthday (1 July) I'll be at the Irish gigs, but the boys took her day off to allow me to celebrate. She suggested that if they've nothing better to do that day they come to her party!!

TimothyBFan
05-12-2009, 10:14 AM
I had been watching this auction and thought they were being awfully optimistic wanting $95.00 for an album but I guess I was wrong. They got it. Does anyone here have this Shiloh album? Just wondering on your take of this amount for it. I'm assuming it probably is rare because I doubt there were that many to start with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120416972040

Maleah
05-12-2009, 05:37 PM
Every Shiloh album that I've seen on Ebay has went for quite a chunk of change. I think the cheapest I've seen one sell for has been $50-60. But then I don't keep a close eye on everything on ebay or I'd be broke. :(

Troubadour
05-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks to Kate's post in Henley Heaven, I've just purchased this. It's swiftly become one of my favourite Don pictures ever! :heart: :heart: :heart:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EAGLES-DON-HENLEY-new-poster_W0QQitemZ180357842221QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_ DefaultDomain_0?hash=item180357842

Fan_For_Life
05-19-2009, 08:11 PM
I've been to ebay before and could get lost. I looked to see the pretty picture and saw something else I liked. And then something else in 5 mins time. I had to turn away. I've only bid on one thing in ebay and won it for $7.00. Not Eagles related but still good price for what I got. :)

Glennsallnighter
05-20-2009, 04:55 AM
Oh Troub, its lovely. I hope you get years of drooling pleasure from it. I have my eye on the 'Soul Searchin' songbook. Its the only one of Glenn :heart:'s solo albums that I haven't got the relevant song book for. The Auction finishes next week. Fingers and toes crossed please??

GlennLover
05-20-2009, 01:50 PM
Good luck, GA!

Glennsallnighter
05-21-2009, 05:02 AM
Thanks GL!

I got it on 'Buy it Now'. It was a little dearer but a safe bet. If I'd been bidding against someone else it would have cost more anyway. Better safe than sorry!

:yay: Once this arrives I'll have song books for all Glenn :heart:s solo albums, HFO, LROOE and the (massive) Complete Greatest Hits!:yay:

MikeA
05-21-2009, 02:32 PM
GA,

Are all those books in straight music notation, or do they also have TABs and Chords?

I an work out the music notation from a couple of years of piano I took while in grade school, but it's a tedious process. I can work out the songs from TABs if I have the recording to listen to.

But the best way for me to learn something on guitar is to have BOTH the TABS and the Music Notation. The tabs to find the notes and the Music Notation to get the timing.

GlennLover
05-21-2009, 03:14 PM
I wish I still had a piano. I would love to get the music & play some Glenn & Eagles songs. I would only play for myself of course. It's been years since I have played & I wasn't that good, but it's fun to fool around with the music.

Glennsallnighter
05-22-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok Mike,

The Very Best of Glenn Frey for guitar - Melody line, chords above it and supertab notation

No Fun Aloud - Straight piano music notation in treble and bass. Melody line and guitar chords above this. No TAB.

The Allnighter - Same

Strange Weather - Same

Best of The Eagles (Warner Brothers) - Same

The Best of Eagles for Guitar - Melody line, chords above it and supertab notation

Eagles - the Very Best Of - Guitar tab and chords. All guitar parts included.

Hell Freezes Over - Guitar tab for all guitars, melody line and chords

Long Road out of Eden - Straight piano music notation in treble and bass. Melody line and guitar chords above this. No TAB.

I can work out the TAB easily enough from the piano and melody lines if I want to.

I presume SS will be as NFA and the other Solo albums. I'll let you know when I get it!!

Glennsallnighter
05-27-2009, 05:38 PM
Glenn :heart:'s high school year book is back....... but at a more reasonable price!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signed-Glenn-Frey-1963-Picture-Yearbook-MI-Eagles-Band_W0QQitemZ160337469031QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_0?hash=item2554db9e67&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A10%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7 C301%3A0%7C293%3A3%7C294%3A50

GlennLover
05-27-2009, 05:55 PM
I'll post my bid right away ;).

MikeA
05-31-2009, 08:10 AM
What do you guys think of this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001VAHS3U/ref=asc_df_B001VAHS3U803773/?tag=prontocom4686-20&creative=380333&creativeASIN=B001VAHS3U&linkCode=asn

under $2,399 for Fender Squire signed by
Joe Walsh, Vince Neil, Slash, Jack Bruce & Roger Daltrey at Rock Camp.

Makes me wonder if the guy (or gal) selling it had in mind all along to sell it. Otherwise, I think they would have taken a USA Strat for the signatures. This is why Felder was so reluctant to sign anything....autographs purely for profit!

Troubadour
05-31-2009, 12:23 PM
My Don poster arrived today! Yay. Might have to change my sig now. I don't want to overload on this pic, as lovely as it is... ;)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/donposter.jpg

EagleLady
05-31-2009, 12:29 PM
That is lovely Lou

Koala
05-31-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow, This looks great! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
05-31-2009, 05:32 PM
Thats beautiful Lou! I know you will treasure it!

EasyFeeling
05-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Wow, looks great :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
05-31-2009, 07:57 PM
:yay: Lou!!! The poster looks great!!! I bet it's hard to get anything done or even leave the room with that hanging on the wall. Just remember that Don, er i mean, it will be always be there waiting on ya everytime you leave the room.

TimothyBFan
06-11-2009, 08:12 AM
My niece walked in this morning with a set of Joe guitar picks. They are Joes album covers and framed real nice. She had gotten them off ebay years ago and said she wanted me to have them. They are already setting amongst my Eagles shrine!

Prettymaid
06-11-2009, 08:45 AM
Willie that is one sweet niece you have!

06-11-2009, 09:55 AM
That is a very sweet niece, TBF. One of my nieces who is a big Joe fan (known here on the board as Eaglette) on the other hand tried to get me to give her my pick that I got from the JWFC. I told her she had to wait until she is older and more responsible. :wink: :wink:

TimothyBFan
06-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Ok--one of you Joe fans has to go for this one!! Good price also.

Joe poster
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220438916803&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

MikeA
06-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Ok--one of you Joe fans has to go for this one!! Good price also.

Joe poster
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220438916803&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I have that one. Nice poster too. I think I got mine at Crossroads, Dallas, Tx in 2004. Can't remember for sure.

TimothyBFan
07-21-2009, 10:27 AM
Am I just being dense? Anybody have a clue here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110416023126&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

luvthelighthouse
07-21-2009, 10:55 AM
Binoculars??? They didn't video screens back then, did they? :headscratch:

anne-o-gg
07-21-2009, 11:58 AM
way back then...lol...so funny :hilarious:

Is it just me or is $65 a bit pricey???

luvthelighthouse
07-21-2009, 12:07 PM
way back then...lol...so funny :hilarious:

That did sound bad, eh? I was just trying to recall if they had the screens in the 80's and I don't think they did... but then again, I always had pretty good seats at most concerts, so I could see the stage and didn't need a video. I really have no idea. Hmmm...

And yes... $65 is crazy! (especially since we don't even know what it is):hilarious:

anne-o-gg
07-22-2009, 12:40 AM
That did sound bad, eh? I was just trying to recall if they had the screens in the 80's and I don't think they did... but then again, I always had pretty good seats at most concerts, so I could see the stage and didn't need a video. I really have no idea. Hmmm...

Well, I have no idea because I didn't go to any rock concerts in the 80's - I wasn't "allowed"...my first Eagle's concert (and 'rock' concert all together) was this year in Indianapolis...and I'm 39! LOl! You tube would probably a good place to check this out...

TimothyBFan
07-22-2009, 07:44 AM
Well glad to know I wasn't just being dense. I thought they almost looked like 3D glasses or something. That settles it, emailing the seller with a question to get to the bottom of this. No way would I ever pay that much money no matter what they are but I do want to know.

anne-o-gg
07-22-2009, 09:36 AM
ahh-let us know TBF! I'm curious too...they look like little opera glasses to me :headscratch:

TimothyBFan
07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Just received an answer from the seller. They are binoculars and they were sold at the concerts during the Long Run tour---all the better to see you with Timmy!!! :heybaby: I didn't tell her we all think she's asking WAY to much!!!

MikeA
07-22-2009, 12:45 PM
When Verna and I were going to that long series of concerts a few years ago, we always took a small set of field glasses we used for bird watching (Eagles particularly!). But we took my 7x50 astronomical glasses to several concerts.

The big screens were okay, but even with the monster video screens, it seemed to be more "personal" to look at them directly with the binocs.

luvthelighthouse
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Wow, I was right. I can't imagine walking into a concert now and being handed those. More importantly, why would I buy binoculars for $65 bucks that come on plastic/cardboard? LOL

Glennsallnighter
07-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I forgot to say in the Belfast review that Helen our ILAA hostess offered us EARPLUGS :lol: :rofl: :lol: going into the gig. I mean if I don't want to hear a band I JUST DON'T GO TO THE GIG!!

We all looked at her as like 'Why?'. Apparently the had to be offered in Switzerland as a health and safety thing!

anne-o-gg
07-22-2009, 08:31 PM
ok, for the record, I DID put cotton in my ears because it was really loud - I was a concert virgin you see...but I will tell you, I could hear everything SO clearly, voices, instruments - all the background noise vanished and it was wonderful...

sodascouts
07-22-2009, 11:54 PM
I knew an avid Lindsey Buckingham fan who paid a heck of a lot of money to always be as close as possible to the stage at the multiple concerts she attended, be it a Lindsey show or Fleetwood Mac. Paying hundreds of dollars to brokers per ticket, eating a ticket in the third row because a first row ticket became available right before the show... you name it. She did whatever it took to be close to Lindsey (including consistently waiting for him in hotel lobbies, but that's another matter). As she often positioned herself at the stage under Lindsey's nose, she brought earplugs to every gig. Honestly, in her case, it was probably smart!

TimothyBFan
07-23-2009, 09:52 AM
So Soda, who is "she"? Hmmmm? Anything you want to tell us? :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-23-2009, 10:13 AM
I'm not gonna mention the girl's name! She's harmless, though, and Lindsey has been very nice to her. He must know how heartbroken and devastated she would be if he were rude or cold to her.

And no, it is not me, lol! I don't have that kind of money or time - plus honestly I would be a bit embarrassed to do something like the repeated lobby waiting (although I have waited at stage doors amongst a crowd of fellow fans because Lindsey will come out and chit chat with fans when he feels like it). I can only imagine the ways she finds out where he's staying in every city. To each her own, though. She certainly has lots of photos with him and he even has given her a little kiss once or twice!

Glennsallnighter
07-28-2009, 05:21 PM
I knew an avid Lindsey Buckingham fan who paid a heck of a lot of money to always be as close as possible to the stage at the multiple concerts she attended, be it a Lindsey show or Fleetwood Mac. Paying hundreds of dollars to brokers per ticket, eating a ticket in the third row because a first row ticket became available right before the show... you name it. She did whatever it took to be close to Lindsey (including consistently waiting for him in hotel lobbies, but that's another matter). As she often positioned herself at the stage under Lindsey's nose, she brought earplugs to every gig. Honestly, in her case, it was probably smart!

Well I suppose if you are going to that many gigs and are so near the sound, yes, I guess so! Did she ever get to meet him

sodascouts
09-01-2009, 10:52 AM
Hey Joe fans, want a signed photo? It's only $402!

(oh wait - it's on sale for $349! You save $53 - go for it folks!)

http://www.bellacor.com/productdetail/368872.htm

ETA: Well, at least it's on a canvas.

MikeA
09-01-2009, 11:03 AM
I'd love to have it, but man, not at that price!

Maleah
09-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Soooo.......they want that much money for a Joe picture....on canvas.....with a digitally reproduced signature from the photographer? lol At that price Joe better personally deliver it to my door!

glenneaglesfan
09-02-2009, 03:53 AM
Wow, that's big money. Nice pic of Joe, though.

Btw, having just caught up with this thread, I had to laugh out loud at you being offered earplugs, GA!!!

ticky
09-02-2009, 11:15 AM
OH PAH-leeeze! I didnt even see a signature and the pic, while nice, I've seen better and I own TWO better.. and I can tell ya, I sure didnt and would NOT pay that much! yeeesh!!!! now.. I might if I were paying for HIM to sign that picture in person, while on a date, with me.. for the weekend.. *G* yeah, okay, over stepped there.. but you get my meaning..

Glennsallnighter
09-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Wow, that's big money. Nice pic of Joe, though.

Btw, having just caught up with this thread, I had to laugh out loud at you being offered earplugs, GA!!!

I laughed on getting them GEF! Thats one accessory I will NOT use at an Eagles gig! Lol!

Stars
09-05-2009, 03:20 PM
I could hardly believe what I found at a yard sale today, and when I found it, I couldn't wait to tell all of you!:thumbsup:
My hubby and I wandered by a yard sale near our town, and I noticed they had lots of old magazines for sale. I first looked through some old Life magazines from World War II, and found them interesting, but not something I would collect. Then I turned around, and saw a box full of old Rolling Stone magazines! Well, you all know what my first thought was: What if they have the one that is on the Walmart T-shirt?? So I frantically pawed through all the magazines. I was nearly at the bottom of the pile (and there were A LOT!), and lo and behold, there was the famous shirtless Eagles magazine from September 25, 1975!!:yay:
I nearly started jumping up and down with glee! It was in great shape, and only cost me $3.50! What a find!!! It made my day, that's for sure!!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-05-2009, 03:45 PM
I could hardly believe what I found at a yard sale today, and when I found it, I couldn't wait to tell all of you!:thumbsup:
My hubby and I wandered by a yard sale near our town, and I noticed they had lots of old magazines for sale. I first looked through some old Life magazines from World War II, and found them interesting, but not something I would collect. Then I turned around, and saw a box full of old Rolling Stone magazines! Well, you all know what my first thought was: What if they have the one that is on the Walmart T-shirt?? So I frantically pawed through all the magazines. I was nearly at the bottom of the pile (and there were A LOT!), and lo and behold, there was the famous shirtless Eagles magazine from September 25, 1975!!:yay:
I nearly started jumping up and down with glee! It was in great shape, and only cost me $3.50! What a find!!! It made my day, that's for sure!!:thumbsup:

Dang! What a bargain! Congrats!!!

Brooke
09-05-2009, 04:45 PM
Great find, Stars! I know I paid much more for that on ebay a few years ago!

GlennLover
09-05-2009, 11:43 PM
That would have made my day too! What a lucky find! :)

TimothyBFan
11-16-2009, 08:32 AM
Not my memorabilia but I thought I would post this here anyways.

I told this in the Jonny Lang thread. The other night at the concert, while Katie and I were in line for tshirts, Larry wondered around looking at rock and theater memorabilia hanging around in the theater where the concert was. After we were done, he told me he had something he had to show me. He had a good eye and was so proud of himself. But once again, he reminded me that no matter where he goes with me, the Eagles seem to always be a presence. The way it should be me thinks! :hilarious:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/1114091848.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/1114091847.jpg

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Very nice Willie! Larry certainly has a good eye. Obviously Katie is feeling better now. Thats great.

TimothyBFan
11-16-2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks GA! Yeah, she is feeling better. Poor kid, after she got over that flu, about a week and a half later, her and a bunch of her friends all got food poisoning after eating at a local Chinese Buffet. I think she's had enough for this season already.

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2009, 08:48 AM
I think so. She needs a lot of TLC and Eagles music from mommy!!

GlennLover
11-16-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks GA! Yeah, she is feeling better. Poor kid, after she got over that flu, about a week and a half later, her and a bunch of her friends all got food poisoning after eating at a local Chinese Buffet. I think she's had enough for this season already.

Oh, poor Katie! Glad she's better now!

That guitar display is cool!

sodascouts
11-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Good work, Larry! lol Great display.

TimothyBFan
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
I did ok at the record show yesterday! I came away with a first pressing of Eagles Live with the text on the carryout grooves!! :yay: Larry found a copy of Eagles Live at the table next to where I was, and asked me if we had ever found the first pressing. He pulled out the albums and we started looking at them and realized they were what we were looking for. Larry asked the vendor how much and he said $12, Larry asked him why so much and the guy said that was what Eagles Live was going for (he didn't realize it was a first pressing). I said no it's not and I already have 2 copies and started to walk away. The guy said how about $8, Larry stopped and I shook my head & kept walking. A few minutes later, Larry caught up with me with it in his hand and said he got it for $5. :hilarious: Gotta know how to work these people!

eaglesvet
12-07-2009, 09:56 AM
Educate me, Willie...what do you mean by the text being on the carryout grooves? And how do you know if it is the first pressing by looking at it? I am clueless in matters such as these.

Prettymaid
12-07-2009, 10:21 AM
The guy said how about $8, Larry stopped and I shook my head & kept walking. A few minutes later, Larry caught up with me with it in his hand and said he got it for $5. :hilarious: Gotta know how to work these people!

Now if we could just do this with Eagles concert tickets! :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
12-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Ain't it the truth PM!!

Eva--I'm just now learning some of this stuff myself and usually could care less what pressing it is because I buy albums to play....but in the Eagles case, the more copies the better. :hilarious: The carryout grooves are between the cuts and the actual label. In this case there are little phrases engraved into the album in the carryout grooves and apparently only the 1st pressing of this album has them. They say, "is it illegal to yell "movie" in a firehouse?", "Hello, Federal? ....ship it!", Not tonight, thanks..." and "...I've gotta rest up for my monster." What I want to know is who decided to do that, made up the phrases and why. When we got it home, we pulled out one of our other 2 copies of it to see if there were any other differences. We realized that the copy we pulled out is a German import which we hadn't realized before. :hilarious: I will have to dig out my other copy and see if it's an American pressing or an import also. There is a difference in the labels where the words are in different colors, one is in a yellow and the other alternates between yellow and red of the song titles.

ETA: I need to give credit to Soda for me even finding out about the first pressing business.... if it hadn't been for some research I was doing while we were playing Eagles Trivia Pursuit awhile back, I still wouldn't know about this. Kudos Nancy!!!

Freypower
01-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I deleted my post but as you have replied I will repeat that my copy of MSG was perfectly alright, the sound was excellent and most of the photography very good until the end.

Perhaps these last few posts could be moved to a topic in the Eagles forum.

Troubadour
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
A few weeks ago, I sent an email to Jill King, the editor of The North Texan magazine, and cheekily asked if she had a copy of the issue featuring Don Henley. She responded and said she'd mail it out as soon as they resumed service after New Year. I received it today! The picture on the front is one of my absolute favourites. :heart: I'm just thrilled to have it - and for free! So nice of her.

I was going to apologise for not having a working scanner, but I don't think you can beat the scans on DHO!

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c374/Lulabelle_/DonHenleyUNTMag.jpg

TimothyBFan
01-25-2010, 02:09 PM
That was really nice of them to send it for free. :thumbsup:

Brooke
01-25-2010, 02:23 PM
:cool: Troub!

Prettymaid
01-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Aw Troub, I know that's a fave of yours. Good job being cheeky. :wink:
(I assume that means something like sheepishly...)

MikeA
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Nice Lou! :yay:

sodascouts
01-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Well done Troub!

GlennLover
01-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Way to go, Troub!:thumbsup:

Troubadour
01-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks, guys - the editor was so sweet about it, and I'm just so excited to have my own copy. (I wasn't sure when I sent the email if they would have one to hand, seeing as it came out in 2004.) Just goes to show, if you don't ask, you don't get! ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2010, 05:39 PM
I deleted my post but as you have replied I will repeat that my copy of MSG was perfectly alright, the sound was excellent and most of the photography very good until the end.

Perhaps these last few posts could be moved to a topic in the Eagles forum.

Were they moved? and if so to where? I got my eBay purchased MSG and I must say in the absence of an 'official' LROOE its not a bad copy at all. It pretty much focusses on the lads for the entire show and only OOTN is cut slightly before the band intros. After HT, it gets a little jumpy and as people are now standing in front of it the view isn't quite as good, but overall NOT a bad way at all to spend £15. Or to spend an evening.

Glennsallnighter
01-26-2010, 05:40 PM
A few weeks ago, I sent an email to Jill King, the editor of The North Texan magazine, and cheekily asked if she had a copy of the issue featuring Don Henley. She responded and said she'd mail it out as soon as they resumed service after New Year. I received it today! The picture on the front is one of my absolute favourites. :heart: I'm just thrilled to have it - and for free! So nice of her.

I was going to apologise for not having a working scanner, but I don't think you can beat the scans on DHO!

Awww Lou!! What a gorgeous gem. No wonder you are thrilled with it. :hug:

Peekaboo
01-29-2010, 02:09 AM

Pretty darn cool, Lou!! What a treasure!! I know outdoors Don is one of your faves.

TimothyBFan
02-04-2010, 08:37 AM
I think Ticky needs to get this!!!! It immediately reminded me of her.

http://cgi.ebay.com/listen-to-the-eagles-decal-6x6-sticker_W0QQitemZ200434842588QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item2eaad8fbdc

ticky
02-04-2010, 10:05 AM
LOL I think you're absolutely right, Willie. It's priceless!

02-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Yes it is, ticky. I think I saw your name all over that! :lol:

ticky
02-08-2010, 05:54 PM
heheh look what auction I won...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200434842588#ht_4882wt_732

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Mmmmmm Nice!! Enjoy it!

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2010, 06:49 PM
I paid close on that for a guitar 2 years ago and don't regret it for one minute, but a pick........:nope:

TimothyBFan
03-24-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm sorry but that's just funny!! :hilarious: What an idiot to think he will get that for that t-shirt.....unless an Eagle is wearing it!

TimothyBFan
03-30-2010, 01:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110510904320&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT)

Can you believe that much for a magazine?

And it actually went for that amount with 12 bids! Seriously! :hmm:

The_Girl_Of_Summer
03-30-2010, 01:49 PM
Last friday i came home for spring break ans saturday my mom and I want to the local record shop but i felt i needed to expand my collection (I was looking for a different band since i have all the Eagles LPs) When all of a sudden Joe Walsh's The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get just lept into my hands. I only played $3 for a first pressing case is in good condition and the record is in great condition.

MikeA
03-30-2010, 01:55 PM
Last friday i came home for spring break ans saturday my mom and I want to the local record shop but i felt i needed to expand my collection (I was looking for a different band since i have all the Eagles LPs) When all of a sudden Joe Walsh's The Smoker You Drink The Player You Get just lept into my hands. I only played $3 for a first pressing case is in good condition and the record is in great condition.

That is a really nice find TGOS!

TimothyBFan
03-30-2010, 02:10 PM
While on the subject of albums...

The other day we went to another record show. Found another 1st pressing of Eagles Live for only $3.00 and I passed it up. :weep: I know, I know, I'm a disappointment to you all but seriously, just how many copies of the Eagles albums can you keep buying. They now have theirown little area in our album racks.

Anyways, where I'm going with this is, these records shows happen every 2 months and we almost always attend them. If anyone ever wants me to find them something in particular, I would be glad to check for it. Most of these dealers know me and are more than willing to bargain with me on almost anything. I have to say, there has never been a time that we've gone that I haven't seen at least a dozen Eagles or solo albums from the guys. Saw all the Eagles albums this last time, lots of James Gang, 1 Henley solo (can't remember which) and No Fun Aloud. None of them more than $2 or $3.

I'll post when I know when the next one will be and feel free to contact me about it.

TimothyBFan
03-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Yeah--you know those 12 inch black things you have to use a needle and a turntable for? Just Kidding---I know you can relate. But they do have cds there also and thousands of 45s.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
03-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Yeah--you know those 12 inch black things you have to use a needle and a turntable for? Just Kidding---I know you can relate. But they do have cds there also and thousands of 45s.

hahahahahahahahahah:hilarious: This made my day TBF. My Eagles Live is a frist press and i think i paid $6 for it (the most i've ever spent on a LP)

Brooke
03-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Willie, hate to sound dumb here, but how do you know when it's a first pressing?

Brooke
03-31-2010, 10:37 AM
Also, do you know if Eagles Greatest Hits Vol. 2 and HFO came out in vinyl? I have the others, but not those.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
03-31-2010, 11:48 AM
Willie, hate to sound dumb here, but how do you know when it's a first pressing?

If you have the record there's a catalog # on the side of the case and the record itself If you type it into this website http://www.discogs.com/ they can tell you which presseing it is (this is the way I do it) And yes Greatest Hits 2 and HFO were both released on vinyl

TimothyBFan
03-31-2010, 12:48 PM
Also a lot of the time different pressings have different little things from the other pressings. I'll use Live for an example I've used in the past. On the carryout grooves of the first pressing, there are words/little sayings like on side 1, "is it illegal to yell "movie" in a firehouse?". That's really the only reason I care about 1st pressings is when there is something unique about them.

And you'd be surprised how many different covers/sleeves there are to the same albums. A few examples:
1.) The famous "flames" cover to Lynyrd Skynyrd's Street Survivors.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/bf/StreetSurvivorsFlames.jpg

Shortly after it's release, was the plane crash and it's well known that the guys on the cover are the ones burned to death. So the cover remained the same but minus the flames.

2.) In Through The Out Door Led Zeppelin.
http://www.progarchives.com/progressive_rock_discography_covers/2705/cover_5639181182009.jpg
There are 6 different covers showing the same bar scene but from different perspectives on the front and back of covers, meaning 12 different pictures.

3.) Some Girls by the Rolling Stones
This cover shows several actresses on the sleeve that show thru the cover.
http://rgcred.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/rolling-stones-some-girls-s.jpg

After a lawsuit was filed, the actresses images were removed and the stripes colors changed. The sleeve then read "Pardon our appearance-cover under re-construction".
http://dkpresents.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/rolling-stones-some-girls-cens-441367.jpg

It's become a real passion for us to find those unique ones and get them. Sometimes the dealers haven't got a clue that they have a first pressing or a different cover and you can find them very reasonably.

Here's the story I added to this thread when I found the first pressing of Eagles Live.
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=92074&postcount=570

As far as HFO---Can't find it. Have yet to see it at any of the shows. Both greatest hits I see quite a bit, one more than the other and I can't remember which right now.

Brooke, if I have a second copy of the one you need, I will let you know and send it off to you. Like I said, I find it hard to leave them behind when they are sitting in $1 bins. I have several that I have more than 1 of so if ANYONE on here needs a vinyl copy of any of the albums, please let me know. It would make me very happy to ship them off to my fellow Borderers.

And that goes for any albums by any other artists---if you have something in particular you want--please let me know. I will gladly try and find it for you. Many a weekend are spent with us searching for shops that sell albums besides the album shows we attend every 2 months. The next show is actually on June 13th.

The_Girl_Of_Summer
03-31-2010, 01:08 PM
I have only seen HFO online i found it here: http://www.soundstagedirect.com/Eagles-Hell-Freezes-Over-SIM-50.shtml

Brooke
03-31-2010, 01:21 PM
Willie, thanks so much for the info. Now I can't wait to get home and have a look at mine.

I would love to have Greatest Hits Vol. 2 then, if you find it reasonable! HFO, too, but that probably won't happen it seems. (Thanks GoS!)

I never ordered the LROOE vinyl, but now I might have to do that. If it's still available.

TimothyBFan
03-31-2010, 01:27 PM
Brooke that reminds me---My LROOE vinyl is weird also. The labels are switched on it. The labels for side A & B are actually on sides C & D if I remember right. I don't know how unique that might make it and I wonder how many copies were done that way. Something to investigate.:eyebrow:

Brooke
03-31-2010, 01:52 PM
It seems like someone mentioned something like that back when it first came out. Your mention rings a bell.

Scarlet Sun
04-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I won a beat-up but playable copy of Longbranch Pennywhistle on eBay tonight for less than 12 bucks not incl. shipping

TimothyBFan
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
P47--they make turntables now that plug into a pc to download to your itunes and then you can burn the cd.

I have seen copies of Longbranch Pennywhistle at record shows but usually around $20.00 or so and I don't think I've ever spent that for any album to be honest. I just wont but that's just me.

Brooke
04-07-2010, 04:47 PM
I've looked over my Eagles albums and it looks like I must have first pressings of all the ones I have! :yay: (By the words, haven't checked the numbers yet.)

I'm blind now! Man, the writing is so small it took major study trying to figure out what they said! (I'm old and nearly blind! :rolleyes: )

On the On The Border album I could only see a writing on side 2. Is that right or can I just not see it on side 1?

The_Girl_Of_Summer
04-11-2010, 05:30 PM
I've looked over my Eagles albums and it looks like I must have first pressings of all the ones I have! :yay: (By the words, haven't checked the numbers yet.)

I'm blind now! Man, the writing is so small it took major study trying to figure out what they said! (I'm old and nearly blind! :rolleyes: )

On the On The Border album I could only see a writing on side 2. Is that right or can I just not see it on side 1?

If i remember correctly (i don't have my records here to check) there is only writing on one side of OTB.

Edit: I just had my mom chech and my copy only has writting one side

Brooke
04-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Thanks TGOS!

Koala
04-30-2010, 01:59 PM
I found this framed advert poster by accident and yes I just ordered!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/StrangeWeather.jpg?t=1272650143

AzEaglesFan
05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Wow, I am so jealous but glad you got it. :inlove:

Prettymaid
05-12-2010, 07:43 AM
Pretty cool P!

TimothyBFan
05-12-2010, 08:29 AM
And now I will soon have one on my car also!! :thumbsup: Thanks Judy for linking us. I hadn't seen that one yet. LOVE IT!!

Brooke
05-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Love it P47! I think I need one, too! :cool:

TimothyBFan
05-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Better hurry Brooke-I think it only showed 1 more available. I'm sure this seller is wondering why the rush on Eagles license plates all of a sudden! :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-12-2010, 12:32 PM
Wow, that's great! I'm gonna move this to the memorabilia thread so that even the folks that don't visit Schmit Sexiness can get a glance.

Thanks for posting this, Judy! You're really good at keeping an eye on Ebay!

TimothyBFan
05-12-2010, 12:41 PM
so that even the folks that don't visit Schmit Sexiness can get a glance.

http://bestsmileys.com/signs11/18.gif What are you people thinking? :hilarious:

sodascouts
05-12-2010, 12:57 PM
I'm actually wondering if I should make an "Eagles on Ebay" thread so it's a bit clearer where to post things. Hmm, I think we had a thread a while back like that... perhaps I can merge them... :: goes to look ::

ETA: We do have one, but it was started back in the Flip City days (2005) and thus it might be a bit too old to revive. I'll think of something.

Troubadour
05-14-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm browsing eBay for the first time in a while (dangerous move) and I have just bought this 24 x 33 poster. I've posted it a few times in Walsh Worship and have said that it's one of my absolute favourites of Joe... SO HOT! When I saw the actual poster, I couldn't resist.

:yay:

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sell/SSProfiles/33000313/Images/19/pst3123wals.jpg

Prettymaid
05-14-2010, 09:22 PM
Whew! That's hot!

05-14-2010, 09:24 PM
YES IT IS!!! :pimp:

(Hate to be redundant, but sometimes it is necessary for one to repeat themselves from thread to thread. :wink: )

sodascouts
05-14-2010, 10:36 PM
Nice purchase!!

whitcap
05-15-2010, 03:31 PM
I just ordered 3 Randy LPs and a Poco interview CD that was recorded during the '89 reunion from ebay.

Koala
05-19-2010, 12:58 PM
Finally, my Glenn Frey Strange Weather advert poster has arrived!:)

The quality of the pictures is not so good!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/glennfrey003.jpg?t=1274288148

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/glennfrey004.jpg?t=1274288165

tequila girl
05-19-2010, 02:36 PM
I saw some "Hotel California" Door Key Rings the other day on ebay.co.uk but now I can't find them:-(

tequila girl
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/EAGLES-KEY-CHAIN-SOLID- (http://cgi.ebay.com/EAGLES-KEY-CHAIN-SOLID-HEAVY-DUTY-HOTEL-CALIFORNIA-2005-/150445450549?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23073f6535)http://cgi.ebay.com/Hotel-California-Room-Key-Fob-The-Eagles-/320528249554?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item4aa0f8f2d2

My order is in now too!

Troubadour
05-27-2010, 02:50 PM
The Joe poster came in the mail the day before yesterday (WOW) and the '82 BAM magazine arrived today. The cover photo is my avatar pic. I really, really need to get my scanner working though, because, oh my goodness... some of the pictures were new to me, and they are gorgeous! There's a great, multiple-page interview with Don, too. Kind of his story 'in his own words', right from the beginning. I'm so pleased I bought it!

sodascouts
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM
some of the pictures were new to me, and they are gorgeous! There's a great, multiple-page interview with Don, too. Kind of his story 'in his own words', right from the beginning.

Oh my gosh, you have to scan this ASAP Troub! I'm dyin' here!

Troubadour
05-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Well, I have no idea what's up with my scanner (my laptop detects it and says it's working correctly... but it's not.) Anyway. I took a few shots with my digital camera. They're obviously not as good as scanner pics, but you'll get an idea of the layout - and a glimpse of a couple of the 'new' pictures!

It's a great read, too. The interviewer comments on how a review in BAM only a few weeks earlier had painted Henley as 'moody' etc, but he says he found him nothing like that. That he was warm, friendly and articulate. Then it's a couple of pages of Don, in his own words. He talks about his upbringing in Linden, school, his family, sports, music, and getting discovered by Kenny Rogers. He then goes on to talk about the break-up of the Eagles and his work with Danny Kortchmar. He talks about creating a more 'raw' sound in the '80s, and that he hopes on his next album (which would have been Building The Perfect Beast) to write more about his father's life/the country/farming. He says he touched on it in I Can't Stand Still, but that he'd like to explore those themes more.

Anyway, this is the best I could do for now. The front cover (looks familiar... ;)):

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Don%20Henley/004.jpg

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Don%20Henley/008.jpg

Worth a close up!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Don%20Henley/002.jpg

Excuse the fingers! But you get an idea of the layout...

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Don%20Henley/006.jpg

And finally... I freaking LOVE this picture. I was sighing big-time when I first saw it this morning.

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Don%20Henley/007.jpg

Worth every penny!

TimothyBFan
05-27-2010, 04:32 PM
OMG!! Damn it- I licked the screen again!! Why do you guys post these things? GORGEOUS!!!

Troubadour
05-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't blame you AT ALL, Willie! I'll share a little outdoorsy Don with you. ;)

Btw, your sig is divine!

Prettymaid
05-27-2010, 05:53 PM
That is one very rugged Don.

Koala
05-28-2010, 01:50 AM
Worth a close up!

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq285/atthetroubadour/Don%20Henley/002.jpg

Worth every penny!
LOVE IT! :nod::faint:http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Girls/sabber_2.gif

ticky
05-31-2010, 06:37 PM
Here's my latest ...

http://tickypages.com/picturebin/guitarsig.jpg

Joe signed the pick guard for me and I varnished the heck out of it then put it on my guitar! Viola! a Joe git! *G*

http://tickypages.com/picturebin/joesig.jpg

I'll have to get pictures of the swag we got too *G* but I'll take those in another room. As you can see, the light in the LR is way too yellow.

Prettymaid
05-31-2010, 07:08 PM
So that's what a pick guard is! Well it's beautiful, something you'll always treasure.

ticky
05-31-2010, 08:07 PM
I wasn't, but now ... *G* might be a good idea..think taking the picture to bed might be too much? Even Cliffy has his limits *G*

05-31-2010, 10:09 PM
That is gorgeous ticky and what a great idea to put it on your guitar. What a treasure!

TimothyBFan
06-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Speaking of the picture and Joe stuff.... That reminds me.. did I notice in the picture that you were wearing your Joe guitar pick and holder? I still haven't gotten one for myself yet and I noticed how nice it looked so I need to get serious about getting that!

ticky
06-01-2010, 09:30 AM
Yeah I was! it has to hold two picks tho, otherwise they just fall out.

tequila girl
06-04-2010, 11:30 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hotel-California-Room-Key-Fob-The-Eagles-/320528249554?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE&hash=item4aa0f8f2d2

Well, I ordered mine on the 19th May (I think) and got it yesterday, due to some sort of mix up by seller or postal service - not sure! but the seller was very good and sent out another when he realised i'd not recieved it.
I know it's not exactly memorabilia but i'm thrilled with it - it looks and feels like a "real" hotel key fob!

tequila girl
06-04-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm just trying to think of a situation where I can lay it on a bar or somewhere for it to get noticed - I don't get out much!:laugh:

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 07:36 AM
Look what I won yesterday! Pretty cool I think!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/Capture.jpg

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 10:35 AM
Ebay has a 2010 Summer Eagles Program. Looks like new pictures guys. Has anyone gotten one of these yet? Is it all new?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/summertourprogram2010.jpg

And the one we all loved the first time we saw it.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/Summertourprogram20102.jpg

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 02:10 PM
HOLY CRAP! I know what I'm shelling out for when I see the Eagles the next time. I just assumed the tourbook would be the same and walked right by the booths in San Jose.

And yes, for me, even just two new photos is worth 20 bucks... especially this one....

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/summertourprogram2010.jpg

I like that one even better than the one used for ACL!

Troubadour
06-11-2010, 02:13 PM
OMG! That picture is incredible!!! :inlove:

Wildthyme
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Ebay has a 2010 Summer Eagles Program. Looks like new pictures guys. Has anyone gotten one of these yet? Is it all new?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/Summertourprogram20102.jpg

Um... WOW WOW WOW!! (and an extra big WOW for that first one).

I glanced through a program briefly but I must have missed these or I would have shelled out the $20. Yowza!

Prettymaid
06-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Good job Willie! Now somebody needs to get that program!

TimothyBFan
06-11-2010, 03:53 PM
Here's the front picture.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/SummerTourprogram20103.jpg

and back

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/Summertourprogram20104.jpg

Here it is and what they say about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140415750975&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

It says 24 pages of nonstop Eagles so I don't know if this is the one they are selling at the current shows w/ DC & KU?

sodascouts
06-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Hmm, "Summer Tour" - this must be BRAND new for the stadium tour, so looks like I was right to breeze by the booths in San Jose. lol Can't wait to see this thing!

Wildthyme
06-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Okay... that's not the one I saw at all the shows I went to. That must be the new one for the summer tour. Now that one I would want to buy...

luvthelighthouse
06-11-2010, 04:17 PM
Is it just me, or are these guys just getting sexier? (fans self)

Those pics are fabulous!

Brooke
06-11-2010, 04:58 PM
:yay: New pics! Can't wait to get mine!

MikeA
06-11-2010, 05:09 PM
All us old farts get sexier with time. Heck, we've already reached rock bottom so there's no place else to go <LOL>

AzEaglesFan
06-11-2010, 07:02 PM
If no one else is going to bid on this, I am. So speak now

Freypower
06-11-2010, 08:55 PM
HOLY CRAP! I know what I'm shelling out for when I see the Eagles the next time. I just assumed the tourbook would be the same and walked right by the booths in San Jose.

And yes, for me, even just two new photos is worth 20 bucks... especially this one....

I like that one even better than the one used for ACL!

Interesting placement there which seems to make Glenn look taller. :thumbsup:

Koala
06-12-2010, 01:51 AM

OMG love those photos!:inlove::bow:

whitcap
06-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Some of my Eagles stuff

My LPs:
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/whitcap/17-1.jpg

My singles:
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/whitcap/18-1.jpg

Some miscellaneous stuff:
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/whitcap/19.jpg
The tickets are all from when they played in New Orleans last year (the only time I've seen the guys. I went with a couple other people and kept all three tickets) and the juke box strips are all for The Last Worthless Evening (they came with the single).

And my Randy pic:
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/whitcap/001-1.jpg

I've got a few more things that I'll post whenever I get pictures of it.

06-12-2010, 11:49 AM
Thanks, wc - very nice!

As far as this new program, I am in awe of these pics. I'll definitely have to check this out at the Raleigh show on Thursday to see if these are available. If so, one of them will belong to me!!! :wink: :nod:

Glennsallnighter
06-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Lovely memorabilia Whitcap. Keep them secred, won't you? :wink:

If anybody going to any of the Summer gigs would be able to get me one of these new Tour Books and mail it on I would be extremely appreciative and would of course financially compensate them for their effort! Please let me know. :pray:

tequila girl
06-13-2010, 05:50 PM
If anybody going to any of the Summer gigs would be able to get me one of these new Tour Books and mail it on I would be extremely appreciative and would of course financially compensate them for their effort! Please let me know. :pray:

I was thinking of asking exactly the same thing - but thought it might be a bit cheeky as i'm a 'newcomer'

Freypower
06-13-2010, 06:11 PM
Lovely memorabilia Whitcap. Keep them secred, won't you? :wink:

I guess it is just me but I don't purchase tour books for tours I haven't attended (except for an old HC era one). I will be happy for someone just to scan the photos when they buy the book.

sodascouts
06-13-2010, 07:29 PM
Hey guys - I'll get a tourbook for anyone who puts $20 + money for postage in my paypal account: sodascouts@aol.com (they do cost $20, right?)

I guess it is just me but I don't purchase tour books for tours I haven't attended

I collect tourbooks myself, almost all of which are from tours which I didn't attend (I've only been a fan since 2005, after all!) They're some of my most prized memorabilia. The Glenn Frey Japan 1985 tourbook is a freaking treasure trove of photos, for instance, and I'm VERY glad I bought it.

Freypower
06-13-2010, 08:14 PM
That is a bit different, though. It is from years ago.

Glennsallnighter
06-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Hey guys - I'll get a tourbook for anyone who puts $20 + money for postage in my paypal account: sodascouts@aol.com (they do cost $20, right?)

I collect tourbooks myself, almost all of which are from tours which I didn't attend (I've only been a fan since 2005, after all!) They're some of my most prized memorabilia. The Glenn Frey Japan 1985 tourbook is a freaking treasure trove of photos, for instance, and I'm VERY glad I bought it.

Oh, YES!! That is a wonderful tour book Soda. I'll put in the money if you can get me a tour book. Thanks. Any idea what postage to Ireland is? (And IF you have time could you sneak in that Peoria dvd please? :pray:)

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 02:16 PM
No idea - maybe there's a place to look up that kind of thing online. And yes, I'll throw in Peoria. :)

Glennsallnighter
06-17-2010, 04:47 AM
No idea - maybe there's a place to look up that kind of thing online. And yes, I'll throw in Peoria. :)

I love you! :heart:

Ok Done! Thanks again! :hug:

AzEaglesFan
06-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Well I did bid on the Summer Tour book but someone else bid higher. BUT the person selling it got ahold of me and said they had another copy if I wanted it. Needless is say I jumped on it. It arrived today and it is worth every penny, at least to me. The first pictures are of all 4 of the guys. Then there are two pages of solo pictures of each one. The book is made of the same heavy paper as the regular tour books and the pictures are new one as far as I can see. I will force myself to sit down and study it some more later:hilarious:.

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Awesome AZ!

Whenever anybody who has a scanner gets ahold of one of these...? :pray:

Troubadour
06-17-2010, 05:16 PM
OMG!!! :thud:

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 05:16 PM
Ahhhhhhgg!!! Thank you P47!

whitcap
06-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Here are some photos from the tourbook

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010009.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010006.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010005.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010002.jpg

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 05:36 PM
Those are heavenly! Thank you so so much!

Troubadour
06-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Oh my goodness! I am practically hyperventilating here. (And I haven't even seen the Don/Glenn pages yet.) What stunning pictures. Joe looks so COOL and the big picture of Tim is adorable.

Thanks so much for posting these.

whitcap
06-17-2010, 05:55 PM
more

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010008.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010007.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010004.jpg

http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010003.jpg

Troubadour
06-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh! The Don/Glenn pages didn't show up for me the first time, so ignore my comment in my previous post.

I really don't know what to say - they are gorgeous! LOVE the shots of Don playing the guitar and Don on the piano. And Don on the bench... :inlove:

Prettymaid
06-17-2010, 06:07 PM
The Don/guitar one is adorable!

Wildthyme
06-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Wow, just WOW... :smitten::smitten::smitten:

Thanks so much for posting these!!!

AzEaglesFan
06-17-2010, 07:18 PM
Thank you WC, I tried to scan them and got ugly black lines across the pictures. I hadn't tried to scan before so I don't know what I did wrong.

GlennLover
06-17-2010, 09:52 PM
Fantastic new pics!! Thanks for posting.

Koala
06-18-2010, 01:04 AM
Thank you so much for posting these fantastic photos!:)

Prettymaid
06-18-2010, 07:44 AM
Joe's wearing a tailcoat!

tequila girl
06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Thank you so much for posting these pics - they are Fabulous!!

I'd be really hard pressed to pick a fav, they're all so gorgeous!
:inlove: :inlove:

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 09:21 AM
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010009.jpg

OMG---I can't quit looking at this picture on the right!! I just want to curl up next to him there!! So very glad I've got one of these coming (THANK YOU,THANK YOU!!!!). Off to make a new avi!!! :hilarious:

Brooke
06-18-2010, 10:34 AM
:ack: These are all wonderful! Can't wait to get mine, too!

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Ok guys-I have place a bid on this so be nice!!!! It is a "Feed The Fuel" poster after all. :hilarious: I emailed the seller to correct them!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380243799274

TimothyBFan
06-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Hey guys---up for grabs if anyone wants it... I have a spare vinyl copy of Glenn's The Allnighter and will gladly ship it off if someone wants it. Just pm me with your address and I will get it in the mail in the next couple of days.

Glennsallnighter
06-18-2010, 07:18 PM
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/2010004.jpg

You know, its a classic, a timeless picture, and look how well he looks. If ONLY he's have opened that button fully! :wink: Mmmmmmmm :inlove:

Freypower
06-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Don't anyone steal that for an av because it's mine. :nahnah: I just have to get round to it.

sodascouts
06-18-2010, 07:45 PM
lol FP you can't claim 'em for eventual use! It's first come, first served!

For a brief moment I thought maybe he was exposing some chest but alas, there is an undershirt there. lol

Freypower
06-18-2010, 07:52 PM
lol FP you can't claim 'em for eventual use! It's first come, first served!

For a brief moment I thought maybe he was exposing some chest but alas, there is an undershirt there. lol

And quite right too, Soda.

:hilarious:

ETA: I see GA beat me to it, so I will use this, although I have also put this into a new signature.

GlennLover
06-21-2010, 05:30 PM
I found an unopened vinyl copy of Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975. The original price tag was still on it, $4.49 from Simpsons-Sears. Simpson-Sears (now Sears) has not operated under that name for years! My husband, who worked in a record store in the early seventies, says that $4.49 is what it would have cost when it was first released. Also got a vinyl copy of The Long Run just so I wold have it. I have decided try to get vinyl copies of all their albums (when the price is right). I'll have to get another copy of Greatest Hits because I'm not opening the one I just bought. :)

TimothyBFan
06-22-2010, 07:13 AM
I found an unopened vinyl copy of Their Greatest Hits 1971-1975. The original price tag was still on it, $4.49 from Simpsons-Sears. Simpson-Sears (now Sears) has not operated under that name for years! My husband, who worked in a record store in the early seventies, says that $4.49 is what it would have cost when it was first released. Also got a vinyl copy of The Long Run just so I wold have it. I have decided try to get vinyl copies of all their albums (when the price is right). I'll have to get another copy of Greatest Hits because I'm not opening the one I just bought. :)

If you need vinyl copies, I will gladly pick them up as I frequent record shows, and send them to you. I have double copies of all of mine but very seldom leave any behind when I see them. Just picked up a few last weekend for another Borderer and have them boxed up ready to ship to her. Just ask. The next show I am going to is August 1st. But in between shows, we hit flea markets, record stores etc whenever we come across someplace selling albums. It's a disease! :hilarious:

Prettymaid
06-22-2010, 07:59 AM
I think it's a great hobby TBF! Sure beats drinking, smoking and gambling! :hilarious:

GlennLover
06-22-2010, 08:50 AM
That would be great Willie! There aren't many places around here to look for them. I have On The Border & The Long Run, so I would be looking for all the others & any of Glenn's. Thanks so much for offering to do that.

Brooke
06-22-2010, 10:02 AM

Very cool find GL! I have framed all of my old original Eagles vinyls and hung them on a wall in our home office, along with other memorabilia. That means that they are not easy to get out and just look at, so I've been collecting seconds, with Willie's help! :thumbsup:

GlennLover
06-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Cool. My husband suggested that I frame "Greatest Hits" so I probably will do that.

Koala
06-22-2010, 12:04 PM
GL, congrats what great finds!

GlennLover
06-22-2010, 06:55 PM
That would be great Willie! There aren't many places around here to look for them. I have On The Border & The Long Run, so I would be looking for all the others & any of Glenn's. Thanks so much for offering to do that.

Willie,

That should be On The Border& Eagles. I'm beginning to wonder if Alzheimers is setting in! :brickwall:

TimothyBFan
06-23-2010, 08:02 AM
Not a problem at all Ann. I will be on the lookout for ya. I wish I would of known because I saw a copy of No Fun Aloud at the last show and did leave it behind for some reason. I'll let you know what I find. Like I said, next show is Aug 3rd but with it being summertime, we get around to sales and flea markets more also.

I'm excited--I finally got a copy of Expando on vinyl off of ebay yesterday. I've been meaning to order one and kept forgetting and one popped up in my ebay alerts yesterday so hopped on it at a great price. Also in that alert were actually 2 Expando cds that they actually had Buy It Now on for $23 and $26. :eyebrow: Stupid sellers!!!

GlennLover
06-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Thanks, Willie! Congrats on getting Expando in vinyl!

TimothyBFan
06-29-2010, 11:35 AM
Received my signed Timothy poster this morning :inlove: and it's huge and yummy!

I also received my Expando vinyl. What's your opinion everyone---it's sealed and since I have the cd would like to maybe keep it that way but then again, want to see if there's anything new in it. Especially since it's a gatefold because of it being a double album.

Should I leave it sealed or open that sucker?

sodascouts
06-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Open it! Who knows what treasures lie in store? The only reason to keep it sealed is if you're planning on selling it one day. If not, then the treasure is wasted because it is never fully enjoyed.

Prettymaid
06-29-2010, 12:31 PM
Open that sucker right now! :hilarious:

tequila girl
06-29-2010, 12:35 PM
Yeah, go on - you know you want to! :hilarious:

Brooke
06-29-2010, 01:03 PM
Open saysa me!

GlennLover
06-29-2010, 05:53 PM
Go for it!

Wildthyme
06-29-2010, 08:37 PM
Open! Open! Open!

TimothyBFan
06-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Remind me NOT to ask you guys to stop me from robbing a bank! :hilarious: Way to talk me out of something!

Actually, I broke into it yesterday afternoon----without your encouragement. Glad I did.

This is the WHOLE gatefold!
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/home_main.png

And the insert with all the lyrics is as big as the album cover with the same painted picture of Timothy on the front as the cd has but the picture on the back is the picture of Timothy sitting on a bench holding an orange (of which I cannot find right this minute???? Does someone have that pic you can post so I can be sure and get it this time?) instead of this picture that is on the back of the booklet with the cd.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/TimothyBSchmitExpando1.jpg

Prettymaid
06-30-2010, 08:03 AM
http://www.timothybschmit.com/client_images/timothybschmit/5007_d37839a829e525f5f81692d37e4a0f21.jpg

TimothyBFan
06-30-2010, 08:25 AM
Well PM, have I told you lately how much I love you?

Brooke
06-30-2010, 09:32 AM
NICE Willie!

I thought it was interesting that they were selling Timothy's cd at the concert in St. Louis for $20!

Wildthyme
06-30-2010, 01:13 PM
$20? They upped the price. I paid $10 for the CD when I went to the Portland concert. I had downloaded the album originally but I really wanted a hard copy and how could I pass up such a good deal?

Troubadour
06-30-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.timothybschmit.com/client_images/timothybschmit/5007_d37839a829e525f5f81692d37e4a0f21.jpg

This is a GREAT pic!

EaglesFanatic
07-02-2010, 11:37 PM
[QUOTE=sodascouts;34746]OK, got it done!

Here's what I have hanging on the wall:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/framedrecords.jpg

WOW! The Eagles AND Fleetwood Mac?! How did you get so lucky :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2010, 06:31 PM
I bet you are glad you opened it Willie! And Pm what a wonderful picture.

Ok I've found this cute little baby on eBay and intend getting my hot little hands on it by sniping it in the next day or so.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220631740787&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So even if it LOOKs as if there's little bidding on it..... I'm set and ready to go!

GlennLover
07-05-2010, 07:00 PM
Good luck, GA!

Glennsallnighter
07-05-2010, 08:33 PM
Thanks Ann! :hug:

Koala
07-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Nice, good luck, Lisa! My fingers crossed!

My newest memorabilias are some Eagles stamps, they hang framed on the wall!

whitcap
07-06-2010, 04:08 PM
Here's the rest of my Eagles stuff

Books and magazines
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/whitcap/Photo07061454.jpg

Shirts
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac327/whitcap/Photo07061459-1.jpg
The two black ones are tour shirts and the tan one is from Ebay

Eve
07-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I have that same tan one whitcap!

TimothyBFan
07-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Bought this and think it will go fabulously with my Eagles license with their picture on it. This has Don Felder on it also. Still some available everyone!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180530251018&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

ticky
07-08-2010, 01:11 PM
I LOVE that Willie!! but with my JWFC sticker and my "Life's Short, Dance Naked to the Eagles" sticker, Im afraid people might start to get the wrong idea, like Im obsessed with the Eagles or something *G* hehehe

TimothyBFan
07-08-2010, 02:24 PM
Ok--I've gotta know where did you get the Life's short.... sticker? I really want one of those!!!!:hilarious:

You've been gone a few days...check this thread I started over the weekend out when you get a chance. I know exactly what you mean! :hilarious:

https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2616

Wildthyme
07-08-2010, 02:58 PM
I bought this one recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/got-eagles-FUNNY-Vinyl-Decal-Window-Sticker-PARODY-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1c0c84b31aQQitemZ12046 9107482QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries#ht_940wt_1165

But I really like the one you found Willie... I missed that when I was looking. Would that and two others be too much on my car??? :rofl:

MikeA
07-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Ya know, I wouldn't mind those "stickers" if they were made to adhere via static electricity so I could remove them without leaving a residue. The way the most of them are...it's like having a tattoo that can't be removed.

Wildthyme
07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Ya know, I wouldn't mind those "stickers" if they were made to adhere via static electricity so I could remove them without leaving a residue. The way the most of them are...it's like having a tattoo that can't be removed.

I agree with you there. I would much prefer that, mostly because I hate to spend the money and then only be able to use the sticker as long as I have the same car.

TimothyBFan
07-09-2010, 07:14 AM

Sticky Eagle residue is the exception! :thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
07-09-2010, 08:56 AM
I agree with you there. I would much prefer that, mostly because I hate to spend the money and then only be able to use the sticker as long as I have the same car.

I tend to keep my cars until they reach the 'clapped out' or 'economically unviable' stage. I still consider my current one (age 4) 'new' the previous one was 10, the one before that got written off by an uninsured driver long before it reached the above criteria, the previous one again was about 20!! Not to mention Dads beetles which I cut my driving teeth on!

Eve
07-09-2010, 11:00 AM

There are all sorts of places one could go with that!

tequila girl
07-09-2010, 11:10 AM
There are all sorts of places one could go with that!
:shock: :fainted::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Eve
07-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Seriously, that freaking made my morning. Sitting here with my latte before work and I read that.

TimothyBFan, I thank you for the nice day I will now have!

TimothyBFan
07-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Was it something I said? ;)

MikeA
07-09-2010, 05:36 PM

That's WAY more Information than I need! <LOL> I am glad that I didn't stick one of my stickers on that Telecaster! Taking it back tonight and might be coming home with a different one....don't think they would have appreciated the sticker <LOL>

Hmmm, but that does bring up a point. A stiker strategically placed on the back of a guitar would eliminate the Buckle Rash that is unavoidable! If you could just remove that sticker when ready to trade!

Glennsallnighter
07-10-2010, 06:09 PM
I bet you are glad you opened it Willie! And Pm what a wonderful picture.

Ok I've found this cute little baby on eBay and intend getting my hot little hands on it by sniping it in the next day or so.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220631740787&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

So even if it LOOKs as if there's little bidding on it..... I'm set and ready to go!

Got it earlier today :yay::yay::yay:

Koala
07-11-2010, 02:25 AM
Got it earlier today :yay::yay::yay:
Congrats!:)

07-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Good for you, GA!

GlennLover
07-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Yay, Lisa!!!

Nobody'sBeach
07-14-2010, 07:17 PM
It came today.
Excuse me, but my album and I need to be alone now.

What happens when you get a box of t-shirts??? :partytime:

Eve
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
If they were signed by Randy Meisner, I would get naked and roll all over them.

Nobody'sBeach
07-14-2010, 07:51 PM
Ahhhh, so all you really need is Mr. Meisner and a Sharpee?

Eve
07-14-2010, 07:55 PM

I will leave that totally alone...But the thought I had brought a smile to my lips.

ticky
07-14-2010, 08:49 PM

and she wouldnt even NEED the T-shirts *G*

Koala
07-17-2010, 02:00 PM
My newest Eagles memorabilia:
I bought it at ebay an hour ago!

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss120/wall_e_2009/EaglesGuitarPicks.jpg?t=1279388723

tequila girl
07-17-2010, 02:09 PM
That's really nice Koala - Well Done! :thumbsup:

AzEaglesFan
07-17-2010, 03:08 PM
Good for you, Koala. What a great collection.

07-17-2010, 11:04 PM
That is just too cool for school, Koala! :thumbsup:

Koala
07-18-2010, 02:09 AM
Thanks, I am very glad that I got it!:)

Eve
09-21-2010, 07:07 PM
I found that Hotel California poster up at the swap meet in Packwood Labor Day Weekend.