TimothyBFan
09-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Very cool!!!

Troubadour
09-22-2010, 07:18 AM
I agree. Very cool!

TimothyBFan
09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
I absolutely loved that when I saw it and debated on it. If I lived alone, it would be on my wall right now. :hilarious: I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to frame my autographed Timothy poster and get it on the wall above the bed without hubby noticing! :headscratch:

Koala
09-22-2010, 12:05 PM
cool! :thumbsup:

Eve
09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
That giant mosaic is very cool. My neighbor has a Beatle room in her home. I would like to see it, but going over there would be like entering the Hotel California. You can never leave...she talks and talks and talks and talks...

Glennsallnighter
09-22-2010, 05:25 PM
I absolutely loved that when I saw it and debated on it. If I lived alone, it would be on my wall right now. :hilarious: I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to frame my autographed Timothy poster and get it on the wall above the bed without hubby noticing! :headscratch:

Maybe you could ..... distract....:wink: him in the bedroom Willie....?

TimothyBFan
09-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Maybe you could ..... distract....:wink: him in the bedroom Willie....?

Oh, that's been done, but he's onto my little tricks of distraction after all these years! :hilarious:

EaglesFanatic
09-22-2010, 06:02 PM
Those postcards are great P47! Enjoy them :thumbsup:
Okay, so here's my dilemma. For about four days I have been watching this item on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160481664955&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1781wt_1137 It's gone from ten bucks to 71 dollars! How dare they bid on my item :evil: haha. I think it would be really cool to own this whole collection, but should I really be spending over 70 bucks for it? The auction ends in about 3 hours... :help:

TimothyBFan
09-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I have a record show to do on Sunday so if anyone is looking for anything in particular on vinyl, let me know. I will gladly keep my eye out for it and ship it off to you.

GlennLover
10-01-2010, 08:43 PM
I have a record show to do on Sunday so if anyone is looking for anything in particular on vinyl, let me know. I will gladly keep my eye out for it and ship it off to you.

Willie, if you would keep an eye out for any of Glenn's solo LPs for me I would really appreciate it. Thanks. Enjoy the show!

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2010, 09:12 PM
If you see a signed copy of Glenn:heart:'s 'Soul Searchin' on vinyl I'd love to get my hot little hands on it. I have NFA, the Allnighter and SW signed, so this would really complete my collection.

Thanks.

sodascouts
10-02-2010, 09:21 PM
Wow - you have all those signed??

Glennsallnighter
10-02-2010, 09:26 PM
Yep. :). SW is only on cd. The others are on vinyl. If I had SS I would frame the 4 of them as a display.

TimothyBFan
10-04-2010, 07:51 AM
I'm afraid I didn't make it to the show yesterday. I'm sure the vendors were wondering what the heck happened to me. We haven't missed one in over 2 years. But we were busy trying to finish a project and didn't want to stop to go. Sorry guys. There is another one in December and I will keep all your request in mind tho because we frequent shows, record stores, 2nd hand shops etc and will keep my eye out. Never a problem.

Koala
10-05-2010, 01:31 AM
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/pillowcase.jpg?t=1286231012

If this causes no sweet dreams, I do not know ...

Glennsallnighter
10-05-2010, 07:35 AM
Awww Its lovely! I have seen the Glenn :heart: one too! I was going to buy the TBS one for Laura a few years ago but the postage was very expensive to Ireland. So I made it by putting the slogan and a picture of Timothy on a T-shirt transfer and ironing it onto a plain white pillow case! She loved it!

TimothyBFan
10-05-2010, 08:10 AM
http://i1031.photobucket.com/albums/y373/pueblo47/Timothy/pillowcase.jpg?t=1286231012

Darn, my birthday's already passed! :weep: I'd never sleep if I was putting my head on that! I wonder how hubby would feel about that on the bed? :hilarious: I've seen these and been tempted.

Glennsallnighter
10-13-2010, 07:43 PM
I think the same about MY hubby! Wonder how he'd react if I was sleeping on a Glenn :heart: pillow?

WalshFan88
11-04-2010, 12:00 AM
I thought I'd post this as I haven't seen this book around on eBay or online really:

Front

http://i51.tinypic.com/2akmsn.jpg

Back

http://i54.tinypic.com/2d6rs6c.jpg

I believe it is the Hotel California "songbook". I got this from the other guitarist in my band who gave it to me for my 21st birthday - he knew I loved the Eagles and obviously we play their music in our band together so he gave me this book, he said he's had it since he was young and started playing and got it sometime in the 70s. He said it's all original and everything, but as you can see is in rough shape but no pages are missing to my knowledge and inspection. He didn't know what it was worth or anything but knew I'd appreciate it even more than him, as that album is what made me want to learn to play guitar and is what I got started on and that they are my favorite band.

So Border memorabilia experts - what is it? I'm not concerned about it's value, as I will NEVER sell it. But I'd still be curious to know what it is and what they go for out of curiosity. Basically so I know how guarded it needs to be and if I need to put it in a safe or something. :hilarious: As I said, I haven't found any pics of one so I'm kinda lost but it has lyrics, pictures, and sheet music in it so I have a feeling its a songbook but that's just my wild guess! :D

sodascouts
11-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Austin, that is indeed a songbook. Looking at the condition yours is in, I would say you might be able to get about $10-$20 for it on Ebay. However, you never know - sometimes folks can get in a bidding war and go nuts. As a reference, I paid $30 for mine and it was in pretty good condition.

WalshFan88
11-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Austin, that is indeed a songbook. Looking at the condition yours is in, I would say you might be able to get about $10-$20 for it on Ebay. However, you never know - sometimes folks can get in a bidding war and go nuts. As a reference, I paid $30 for mine and it was in pretty good condition.

Thanks! I'll never sell it, it means a lot to me - but I was curious about the value. I'll be on the lookout for the rest of the songbooks as well.

sodascouts
11-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Just found LROOE on vinyl at a local record store. I snapped it up of course! I was really excited to see it.

EaglesFanatic
02-05-2011, 02:47 PM
I recently bought some vinyls at the record store. I was lucky to find my two favorite Eagles albums there! (I also got Rumors) I hung them up this week:

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa377/asusundevils/Photo237.jpg

Sorry for the bad quality of the picture. I lost my camera, so I had to use photobooth!! :hilarious:

Ive always been a dreamer
02-05-2011, 02:57 PM
That looks AWESOME, EF!

Eve
02-05-2011, 02:57 PM
That is excellent EF! Nice job. I don't know if you like Lindsey Buckingham, but I had just loaded his album off to the Goodwill. I should have asked and I could save it with that Eric Hutchinson t-shirt for you! Before I toss out any vinyl, I'll ask you. I'll look at the swap meet as well if you want to give me a list. I can save it for you too.

EaglesFanatic
02-05-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks Dreamer and Eve!
Eve, I love Lindsey Buckingham. Thanks for offering to save some vinyls from the swap. I'll have to think about a list :nod: Oh, and again, thanks so much for saving the t-shirt for me!!

sodascouts
02-05-2011, 07:57 PM
That is ultra-cool, EF!

I love Lindsey Buckingham, too, and have all his older albums on vinyl. I have also been fortunate enough that he has signed some things for me. I really need to frame and hang up my signed items. I am dying to frame and hang my Longbranch Pennywhistle album, for instance, which is one of my most treasured possessions. Your wall looks great!

Eve
02-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Thanks Dreamer and Eve!
Eve, I love Lindsey Buckingham. Thanks for offering to save some vinyls from the swap. I'll have to think about a list :nod: Oh, and again, thanks so much for saving the t-shirt for me!!

I think it was Law and Order that I took to the Goodwill. I should go in and buy it back. :) There were a ton of them on e-bay, and I don't want to bother with selling. I prefer buying.

Koala
02-06-2011, 04:30 AM
WOW, that looks so cool, EF!

WalshFan88
02-06-2011, 04:39 AM
Very cool EF! :)

EaglesFanatic
02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Thanks everyone!

TimothyBFan
02-14-2011, 08:16 AM
Went to a record show yesterday a found some goodies. Had my list for some of the Borderers who were looking for things and picked up some of that. I'm proud of myself because I did leave several Eagles albums for others. I have a habit of buying them whenever I see them reasonably priced just because I can't bring myself to leave them there. I did pick up a few extras tho that anyone can have.

I have a extra copy of
On The Border
Don's Building The Perfect Beast
Timothy's Timothy B.

If anyone wants these, just PM me and with your address and I'll get them out to you as soon as I can.

Brooke
02-14-2011, 02:38 PM
Willie, you are a true friend of us here at The Border and of the Eagles! What more can anyone do to promote this band and help out her friends in need?! The guys don't know what a good promoter you are! They should be very thankful to have you in their camp! Thanks for being on the lookout for all of us! You go girl! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
02-15-2011, 07:31 AM
Aww shucks! :blush: My pleasure!!!

WalshFan88
02-15-2011, 07:40 AM
Willie, you are a true friend of us here at The Border and of the Eagles! What more can anyone do to promote this band and help out her friends in need?! The guys don't know what a good promoter you are! They should be very thankful to have you in their camp! Thanks for being on the lookout for all of us! You go girl! :thumbsup:

+1

Agreed :)

Prettymaid
02-15-2011, 11:31 AM
Glad you finally got to go TBF. Thanks for the standing offer to look for albums for us. I might just have to take you up on it sometime. There's this Southern California singer/songwriter I'm a little fond of...

TimothyBFan
02-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Glad you finally got to go TBF. Thanks for the standing offer to look for albums for us. I might just have to take you up on it sometime. There's this Southern California singer/songwriter I'm a little fond of...

And I'll have you know that I actually bought Lawyers In Love Sunday, while thinking of you. Only my 2nd JB album ever. I'll also have you know I was laughed at by hubby for doing so. Sometimes they just don't understand. :brickwall:

Prettymaid
02-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Oooh! :thumbsup: While I'll admit Lawyers In Love isn't his best work (although I love Tender Is The Night and Knock On Any Door) the album artwork is so cool!

http://www.jacksonbrowne.com/sites/jacksonbrowne.com/files/imagecache/cover_large/u1/album_LawyersInLove.jpg

Prettymaid
02-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Okay, to apologize for hijacking the thread I'm going to post the Eagles photos that we having hanging in our basement. The first one is from last year's October Indy show (thanks for the pics Shadowland!) and the second is the 2008 Chicago show and Maleah's handiwork!

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/eagles/DSC01388.jpg

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/eagles/DSC01387.jpg

Brooke
02-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Very cool display Pm! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Wow, PM, you are my hero! I gotta get something like that goin' on in my new place!

Koala
02-16-2011, 02:39 AM
WOW, very cool Pm! LOVE your basement!

TimothyBFan
02-16-2011, 02:42 AM
Very nice PM. We also are trying to get all our RnR memorabilia up and I have some of my Eagles stuff framed and ready to go. Still need to get all the albums framed but have all the autographs and concert photos ready to go. We have decided there's to much for just one room and have decided to spread it out all over the house- not just the Eagles but ALL of it. You've motivated me again PM, to get back on it.

WalshFan88
02-16-2011, 05:21 AM
Very cool PM!!! :)

Prettymaid
02-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Glad to help on the motivation front. We also have photos of other concerts we have been to, namely Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac and Jackson Browne. We're hoping to fill the whole room over time.

GlennLover
02-16-2011, 03:33 PM
I think I have convinced Harold to agree with me about putting up framed album covers in out family room (I intend to put up mostly Eagles of course). I think that's as far as I will get with displaying memorabilia though. :unimpressed: Not that I have very much of it. I'd like to do some sort of collage of pictures & ticket stubs from the Party of Two concert that we attended. He might go for that. He loved that trip!

PM, I love your displays! :rockon:

02-16-2011, 06:22 PM
GL - If you need your Border buddies to help do some arm-twisting with Harold, let us know and we can gang up on him. :wink:

And PM - your framed pictures look great - very well done. I have all of my Eagles memorbilia (which I posted earlier in this thread) confined to one room, but that's where I spend most of my time so I get to see it all the time.

EaglesFanatic
02-16-2011, 06:59 PM
That looks awesome PM!

Prettymaid
02-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Thank you! Hubby put the first one together. I did the one with Maleah's pictures.

GlennLover
02-16-2011, 09:02 PM
GL - If you need your Border buddies to help do some arm-twisting with Harold, let us know and we can gang up on him. :wink:

Thanks, Dreamer. I may have to take you up on that :thumbsup:!

EaglesFanatic
03-01-2011, 12:48 AM
I found this really cool CD at the local record store. It's titled:
EAGLES
The First Japan Tour 1976
Flying in the East

It's a live concert CD. I've never heard about this or seen it anywhere before now... The sound is great! Lots of awesome performances of amazing songs on it :nod: I wanted to see if any of you have heard about this CD, because it sure is new to me lol.

sodascouts
03-01-2011, 12:56 AM
I have that show. It's a bootleg - a good one. Glad you're enjoying it!

Maleah
03-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Very nice PM! I love the pics you chose and the way you arranged them! Kinda reminds me that I need to finish doing that. :blush:

Koala
04-09-2011, 01:33 AM
How Cool!

WalshFan88
04-09-2011, 03:07 AM
Very cool!

Prettymaid
04-09-2011, 07:12 AM
So cool!

AzEaglesFan
04-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Do you just have one??

tequila girl
04-09-2011, 04:05 PM
Well - If they were mine... I think i'd have them all stacked away ....and only have Don to dust....;)

tequila girl
04-09-2011, 04:14 PM
Yep, that'll do fine! :grin: I know it's not a great resemblance...but i'd get to fondle him every day!! :spin: when I dusted!! ;)

EaglesKiwi
04-10-2011, 05:13 AM
i'd get to fondle him every day!! :spin: when I dusted!! ;)

Hmm, guess I'd miss out then. I can't remember when I last dusted!! :blush::rofl:

04-10-2011, 11:36 AM
Sorry, but I think I'll have to pass on these - can't imagine stuffing any of these guys inside the others. :nope: :lol:

06-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Well - I know I'm quoting myself here, but after reading Austin's comments in another thread about finding a Hotel California album to frame, I thought I would repost my story for him since he wasn't around when I originally posted this. Austin, I apologize if you have already read through this thread, but your post in the other thread reminded me of this. BTW - I love this thread, so it's probably worth reviving anyway. I would encourage any of you newer members to read through it and even share some of your own memorabilia with us.

Okay - I finally got around to taking a few pictures of one of my most prized pieces of Eagles memorabilia. I had a hard time photographing it without getting a glare, but you'll get the idea anyway. I was lucky enough to get the signed album in an auction, and then I had it framed and matted with the cover of the program from my very first Eagles concert. I thought I would represent the 30-year (at the time) career of the band, plus the colors worked. :wink: The pictures here really do not do it justice. Having it framed was an event all to itself because I would not leave the album with the store until they were ready to actually mount it. Therefore, every time they had to measure or center the album, they would have to call me to bring it to them. I spent hours going back and forth, choosing the framing, matting, and arrangement. It was worth every minute and penny though, and they ended up doing a beautiful job.

One other funny little anecdote about it - my computer room is a rather 'interesting' room with a collection of family heirlooms. However, it has also somehow evolved into a paradoxical Eagles/Glenn shrine. I had no choice but to hang the framed HC album right over my deceased, big band music-loving grandmother's formal Victorian sofa. The first time my niece saw this, she just shockingly shook her head and proclaimed "That's just wrong!" :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/Framed_HC2.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/Framed_HC1.jpg

WalshFan88
06-04-2011, 03:18 PM
WOW! Very cool Dreamer! I would LOVE to have a signed HC LP to frame!

As far as memorabilia of my own, all I have is an original Hotel California songbook that a guitar player buddy of mine gave me that he bought when it came out to learn how to play those songs. It's in rough shape but all pages are still pretty much intact. Just a lot of scuffs. I also have a program from the LROOE tour in 2008 when I saw them in Chicago on Sept. 25th. I have all of the CD's of course and all of the official videos and most of the unofficial videos.

Brooke
06-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Very cool dreamer! I know I've seen this before, but it's great to see again!

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 03:55 PM
When I was in Los Angeles, I went into this small shop on Hollywood Boulevard called Star World and got some goodies. I'll be scanning them in for your enjoyment! They include:

- Press photos of Glenn
- Candid photos of Don (ETA: just one photo)
- The program from Don's MusiCares

tequila girl
06-06-2011, 04:13 PM
Oooh can't wait to see those Soda :thumbsup: especially the "candid" photo's of Don! :drool:

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, one is arriving in the mail, so this is the only candid photo of Don I have to show you now! It was taken in 1978. The lady with him is actress Georganne LaPiere. Apparently he's not too happy to be photographed but at least it's a photo we haven't seen before!

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyGeorganneLaPiere.jpg

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
These two publicity photos of Glenn from South of Sunset we've seen before, but not of this size and quality:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySOSBWMid.jpg

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySOSColorThird.jpg

And pardon me but I feel the second photo calls for a close-up:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySOSColorLargeCrop.jpg

Glennsallnighter
06-06-2011, 04:52 PM
Oh WOW! Nancy! I love them :inlove:, particularly the B&W. Superb quality

Glennhoney
06-06-2011, 05:53 PM
...ooooooo..la..la.............

sodascouts
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Just got the other photos in the mail today! Turns out I remembered wrong - I didn't buy any more candid photos of Don. I bought one of Lindsey Buckingham (but don't judge too harshly - they looked so alike in the mid-70s lol). I did however buy a candid photo of Glenn as well as another promotional photo of Glenn. I'll scan those in a bit later.

Glennsallnighter
06-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Looking forward to it Nancy!

06-06-2011, 08:50 PM
Wow - very cool, Soda! I love the candid shot of Don although he looks a little wasted there. His actress friend has gorgeous eyes. Good job on getting those high quality SOS photos of Glenn too. Honestly, I'm not that fond of most of the promotional SOS pictures though - I really don't think they do Glenn justice.

sodascouts
06-07-2011, 12:03 AM
I know what you mean, dreamer, although that color one does it for me, lol. In these next two, the first isn't the best, but the second is a candid one from a Pro-Am where he looks very cute!

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySOSColor2Third.jpg

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyGolfCartThird.jpg

Freypower
06-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I like the first one. Perhaps you can guess why. I've been so starved of anything new recently; these have made my day. :partytime:

Koala
06-07-2011, 12:36 AM
WOW! What a great selection of gorgeous pics from Glenn!:faint: But especially I like the black and white photo!:thumbsup:

Dreamer, like your signed Hotel California LP frame!

sodascouts
06-07-2011, 01:44 AM
The following are all from Don's MusiCares Program back when he won their "Person of the Year" in 2007. You've probably seen most if not all of them before, but again, going for size and quality!

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP01.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP02.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP03.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP04.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP05.jpg

sodascouts
06-07-2011, 01:45 AM
http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP06.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP07.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP08.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP09.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP10.jpg

sodascouts
06-07-2011, 01:46 AM
http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP11.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP12.jpg

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP13.jpg

Annabel
06-07-2011, 03:32 AM
:nahnah: :faint: :fainted: Thanks for those Nancy. :bow:

tequila girl
06-07-2011, 04:22 AM
Wow......Thanks for those Nancy!

Love this one.............Just look at those eyes!!! :spin: :woah: :faint:

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP10.jpg

Annabel
06-07-2011, 07:07 AM
Ahhhhh !!! Yes please :nahnah: :thumbsup: :hilarious:

Glennhoney
06-07-2011, 07:29 AM
OMG>>>Glenn's pics are AMAZING...........he is just too darn handsome...:brickwall:

TimothyBFan
06-07-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySOSColor2Third.jpg

Had to bring this one forward!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

Love all of them of Don also but I just want to tell him to smile! :hilarious:

Great finds Soda and thanks so much for sharing them!!

06-07-2011, 07:02 PM
Those are gorgeous of both Glenn and Don. I love both of those of Glenn and that one of Don's baby blues is awesome. I also love this one ...

http://www.donhenleyonline.com/images/DHenleyMCP09.jpg

EaglesKiwi
06-08-2011, 05:16 AM
Thanks for all those photos of Glenn & Don, Nancy.

Delectable viewing!:inlove:

AzEaglesFan
06-13-2011, 03:39 AM
Fool's Gold st Joe Walsh Glen Frey The Eagles ~ New CD (http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/688907005221-fool-s-gold-s-t-joe-walsh-glen-frey-the-eagles-new-cd-43490226.htm&ct=ga&cad=CAcQARgAIAEoATAAOABAtc3N7wRIAVgBYgVlbi1DQQ&cd=ZB5jGWKwC0k&usg=AFQjCNGhn7DLwut6un-mw_-j9xqR-CtWlA)

Thought this was interesting

sodascouts
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I have this album. They're not bad!

Koala
06-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Just found these two wall decals,

http://www.allposters.de/-sp/The-Eagles-Rolling-Stone-no-306-November-1979-Poster_i7844864_.htm

http://www.allposters.de/-sp/The-Eagles-Rolling-Stone-no-1053-May-2008-Poster_i7845145_.htm

I think about if I should buy one!

TimothyBFan
07-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Ooooh--very nice and BIG! How much is that in USD I wonder.

Koala
07-01-2011, 08:31 AM
Ooooh--very nice and BIG! How much is that in USD I wonder.
It is are around 63$!

TimothyBFan
07-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks Koala. So have you decided to get one or both? They are awesome!

Koala
07-10-2011, 10:31 AM
. So have you decided to get one or both? They are awesome!
I could not decide yet but I have both links for the pictures sent to my sister
since we have birthday soon, then she can buy one or both for me as a gift!:);)

WalshFan88
08-16-2011, 09:19 PM
I just got my first Eagles poster! :hilarious: It is now in my guitar room on the main wall with my guitars at the top in the middle. It features the guys from my favorite Eagles lineup - the Hotel California lineup. It has GREAT pics of the guitars too. :rofl:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/Gear/IMG_1340401x640.jpg

whitcap
08-16-2011, 09:29 PM
I just got my first Eagles poster! :hilarious: It is now in my guitar room on the main wall with my guitars at the top in the middle. It features the guys from my favorite Eagles lineup - the Hotel California lineup. It has GREAT pics of the guitars too. :rofl:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k590/gibsonguitar1988/Gear/IMG_1340401x640.jpg

Sweet! I've got that poster too. The pics are great! I never noticed the guitars before though :hilarious:

08-16-2011, 09:37 PM
That is awesome Austin - the geetars, I mean! :rockguitar:

Koala
08-16-2011, 11:45 PM
Very cool!

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2011, 05:16 AM
Thats lovely indeed Austin! Hope it gives you many hours of enjoyment!

EaglesFanatic
08-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Great poster Austin! Enjoy it :)

GlennLover
08-17-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm jealous!

WalshFan88
08-17-2011, 10:55 PM
Thanks everyone - I love the poster!

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 02:40 PM
Your poster is tres cool, Austin! ;)

Here's the Eagles memorabilia I photographed at the Hard Rock Cafe in Denver:

Timothy B. Schmit's bass:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/redrocks2011/TimBassDenverHRC.jpg

Photos of Joe signing the Hotel California album and a gold record for LITFL, I think:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/redrocks2011/EagleWallDenverHRC.jpg

The jacket the Eagles wore in the 70s, signed by Don Henley:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/redrocks2011/EagleJacketDenverHRC.jpg

GlennLover
08-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Austin, great poster. I'm jealous!

Nancy, very interesting to see that Eagles memorabilia!

EaglesFanatic
08-18-2011, 04:21 PM
That's awesome Nancy. I'll have to go there sometime!

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac stuff are side by side on the wall when we were there (although they change them around periodically). I asked if our party could be seated in that particular corner and it was heavenly. ;)

ETA: I just noticed Glenn in swearing that jacket in my current avatar! lol

WalshFan88
08-18-2011, 05:03 PM
ETA: I just noticed Glenn in swearing that jacket in my current avatar! lol

In swearing?! :hilarious:

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 05:35 PM
You bust me every time, Austin! Dang! lol

It should be "is wearing." :)

WalshFan88
08-18-2011, 05:37 PM
You bust me every time, Austin! Dang! lol

It should be "is wearing." :)

I do it only because I like you. :hilarious: And I have a good eye for stuff like that. :rofl:

TimothyBFan
08-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Timothy B. Schmit's bass:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/redrocks2011/TimBassDenverHRC.jpg

So after you broke the glass, was it easy to smuggle it out for me? When's it being shipped? ;)

GlennLover
08-19-2011, 09:55 AM
So after you broke the glass, was it easy to smuggle it out for me? When's it being shipped? ;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Willie!!!

whitcap
09-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Here's my memorabilia display:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/roomimage3.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/roomimage2.jpg

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/roomimage1.jpg

Koala
09-25-2011, 01:57 AM
Great collection!!!

Glennsallnighter
09-25-2011, 04:45 AM
That's a lovely collection Whitney! Hope you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

09-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Oh WOW! That is very nicely done, wc. I just love looking at everyone's memorbilia in this thread. :thumbsup:

sodascouts
09-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Very nice, whitcap!

TimothyBFan
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Love it Whitney. Especially that large picture of Randy!! Very nice!:thumbsup:

Brooke
09-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Very nice wc! I see you like Randy! lol

Peekaboo
09-28-2011, 01:17 AM
My friend, Christi, has started a new business making badge reels. Where we work (casino) every employee has to wear their badge at all times. Christi started out making a couple of cute little butterfly designs for herself and people started asking her where she got them so she started making all kinds of designs. It's really neat because these little things can express your personality and show what kind of things you like or support. Since it's football season right now she's made and sold a lot of OU and OSU badge reels. She's now expanded into putting images on them them. From the beginning we've been trying to figure out how she could make me an Eagles badge reel and she's finally done it. She's only ever made 3 Eagles ones and she says they were made especially for me. I love them and wear them proudly!!

This my actual badge that I wear but I turned it around because I didn't want to take a chance of getting in trouble by the powers that be (my bosses or anyone affiliated with my job). They clip onto our uniforms perfectly.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/IMG_20110927_224122.jpg

She made me 3 but my mom liked one of them so much that I gave it to her. It had this image on it.
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/images/greatesthits.jpg

Here's an example of some other reels she's made...
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c95/Pekahchu/IMG_20110927_224150.jpg

AzEaglesFan
09-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Those are so cute, no wonder she gets requests for them.

EaglesKiwi
09-28-2011, 02:53 AM
Very cool, Peek!

TimothyBFan
09-28-2011, 07:40 AM
So is Christi going to give us all a chance to buy some of them? You can't tease us like that Jess! :hilarious: They are very cool!

Koala
09-28-2011, 08:41 AM
This reels look very good!:thumbsup:

Brooke
09-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Nice!

sodascouts
09-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Very cute!

GlennLover
09-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Very creative! :thumbsup:

Peekaboo
10-01-2011, 04:01 AM
So is Christi going to give us all a chance to buy some of them? You can't tease us like that Jess! :hilarious: They are very cool!

She's done really well with these and is now working on a website. Before she started making these I never realized how many businesses actually have to use these things but she's sold them to many different kinds of companies. Like I mentioned before, these are a cool way to express your personality.

I do want to mention that although she has made me the Eagles badge reels she didn't sell them to me. She's an awesome friend and just gave them to me. She's trying to go about this whole business the right way. She's gone through the process of being licensed to sell the OU and OSU badge reels and is working on getting licensed to sell badge reels featuring other NCAA schools.

EaglesKiwi
10-01-2011, 04:13 AM
That's great, Jess, hope she has lots of success & fun doing it - and what a nice friend to create a one-off as a personal gift for you. :hilarious:

10-01-2011, 11:34 AM
Yep - great job Christi is doing, Jess. If she ever gets in the mood to take individual orders, I definitely want to place an order. :order: I work as a contractor for various companies, and I need one of the for every company I've worked with in probably the last 20 years.

TimothyBFan
02-12-2012, 06:05 PM
We went to a record show today and found these. They are the originals from 1979 and from 1996 and was able to get them for $10 each because we also bought a Beatles, a Zeppelin and a Van Halen one. He also had a giant Don Henley Building the Perfect Beast and a Glenn Frey No Fun Aloud poster. I didn't get them. He will probably be there 2 months from now so if anyone might want me to pick them up if he still has them, let me know. He knows what I'm looking for and definitely will have anything Eagles related with him at this show again. He had a few other Eagles posters also.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/EaglesHFOposter.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/eagles/EaglesLRposter.jpg

Topkat
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Great find TBFan. I wish I had some old Eagles posters. The problem is that I really don't have any wall space for them. They would be nice to have, even if I don't hang them!!
I really have no Eagles memorabilia....Shame on me! I really need to get some!
I only have my ticket stubs & a program from Ringo's All Star Band show with Tim & Joe in it. It's really nice & huge, but no Eagles stuff.:cry:

TimothyBFan
02-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Know what you mean Topkat. These are all framed with dozens of others & not one of them on the wall. :lol: I'm always afraid it will look to "frat house". All kinds of rock goodies, and all in boxes. Daughter's bedroom was suppose to become the room for it all, but now that she's back home.... someday.

Topkat
02-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Well, decided that I must have something from the Eagles, so:rockon: I just went on Ebay & got a guitar pick of Timothy's !!! The auction was just ending & I got it!!!
Now I will have something!!! I collect guitar picks, so this is quite a find!
Can't wait to get it!

timfan
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
That's great Topkat! What year is the pick from?

Topkat
02-12-2012, 10:20 PM
I had to go look, I forgot.:headscratch: It's 2010

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM
I was sorting through my multitude of Eagles and Eagle-related T-shirts - I try to purchase one with dates from every tour I attend - and I realized that I am missing the following:

James Gang 2006 tour shirt with cities on the back

Eagles 2009 tour shirt with cities on the back

Don Henley 2006/2007 tour shirt with cities on the back

Don Henley 2009 tour shirt with cities on the back

Don Felder 2009 tour shirt with cities on the back

===============

Now, I don't know if the reason I didn't get them at the time was because they weren't selling them (well, I know the Eagles were selling them, but the one I got didn't have cities on the back). Anyway, just in case... I'm on the lookout! I looked online and didn't find anything. If anybody else does, let me know!

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 01:26 AM
Oh, and while I was sorting them out, I decided to take photos! My collection of tour T-shirts that are Eagles-related is below - I'm going to post a few at a time because there's a lot of images.

Note: they are very wrinkly from being stored a bit carelessly, and a bit blurry thanks to being taken by my ipod camera!

EAGLES

California 2005 (my first show!)

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/19e5f792.jpg

Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/1018c55d.jpg

London/Glasgow/Cardiff 2006

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/ffbdf795.jpg

Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/e8e6215c.jpg

CMAs in Nashville 2007:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/dfaa6ff8.jpg

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 01:32 AM
Hard Rock Park 2008

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/768ed99f.jpg

Chicago/Cincinnati 2008
Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/1733c58f.jpg
Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/e47ce6c5.jpg

Indianapolis 2009

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/f7c2f39a.jpg

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 01:39 AM
San Jose 2010
Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/37020753.jpg
Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/8813b477.jpg

Chicago "Summer Tour" 2010

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/6473fc27.jpg
Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/00f0999c.jpg

Austin/Louisville 2010

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/ee0e44cc.jpg

Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/fefb51ba.jpg

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 01:42 AM
And, for the Eagles, last but not least...

Las Vegas 2011

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/134da888.jpg

Plus this one HH gave me (thanks, Honey! ;) )
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/db4f8989.jpg

I considered waiting to post my T-shirts from the solo tours in order to avoid photo overload, but since there aren't nearly as many of the solo shows, I think I'll go ahead and post them now to keep them all together... starting with the next post.

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Now, it's time for

GLENN FREY SHIRTS!

Mt. Pleasant 2006

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/a4dfb725.jpg

Casino Rama 2006

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/ab16a168.jpg

Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/2ed63a5d.jpg

Cross Lake, Minnesota 2008
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/5e7561e6.jpg

As well as my personal favorite!
Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/f23d0a88.jpg
Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/8391c0ac.jpg

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 01:56 AM
GLENN FREY / JOE WALSH SHIRT

(Well, kind of. It was more for the festival but their names were on it.)

Aspen 2010

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/ca20a8a7.jpg

JOE WALSH SHIRT

Newkirk, OK / Atlantic Cty, NJ 2011

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/38c76b62.jpg

Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/b5bf1415.jpg

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 02:01 AM
DON HENLEY SHIRT

Tulsa, OK 2011

Front:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/3e8f0174.jpg

Back:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/84d6423f.jpg

TIMOTHY B. SCHMIT SHIRT

California 2011 (although it could also apply to Chicago 2009)

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/b98c4a86.jpg

JAMES GANG SHIRT

Cleveland 2006

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/a0de1830.jpg

And that's it! I have a few more that I wear, but those are all the "memento" shirts.

Glennsallnighter
02-27-2012, 03:00 AM
Very nice shirts indeed Soda! I'd say you are mighty proud of your collection.

Just a question? Do you guys prefer to wear the shifts and proudly display your allegiances, or do you keep them purely as memorabilia?

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 03:12 AM
I can only speak for myself, but I like to keep the ones with tour dates / cities on them as memorabilia, and then wear the others on occasion - depending on whether or not they look good on me. ;) I have about a half dozen of those (I call them my "wearables" lol), which aren't pictured above. In addition to those, I have a really cool Funk 49 shirt that I wear as a short nightgown because they only had one size when I got up to the stand - XXL.

I do take extra care with all my Eagles/Eagles-related t-shirts, though, even the ones I wear. I don't want them all stained and ripped up. Sadly, my favorite one - the "I Got Frey'd (http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/shirts/f23d0a88.jpg)" top - is getting a bit frayed at the edges because I wear it more than the others.

It's a Catch 22 - the more I like it, the more I want to wear it, the sooner it gets worn out, the sooner I don't have it anymore. Thus, the very ones I want most to keep are the ones that I wind up having for the least amount of time. :(

Henley Honey
02-27-2012, 09:03 AM
[quote=sodascouts;173719]I was sorting through my multitude of Eagles and Eagle-related T-shirts - I try to purchase one with dates from every tour I attend - and I realized that I am missing the following:

/quote]

I'm 99.9% sure I have an extra one (or 3). Let me check my stock pile and I'll send you a care package!

TimothyBFan
02-27-2012, 10:16 AM
As I was looking at your collection, I was remembering some of the stories that go along with the concerts. One that I remember rather vividly was the Minnesota date for Glenn- wasn't that the one that you had such trouble getting to due to the flooding?

Brooke
02-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Soda, what a cool collection of t-shirts! :thumbsup:

I wear a couple of mine that I really like, but most of them are collectibles. If the ones I wear get too frayed, they will go in to the collectible bin. I could never get rid of an Eagles shirt! :hand:

Freypower
02-27-2012, 05:39 PM
I wear all of mine except for the oldest, the 1995 HFO shirts. I still have those but I 'retired' them from being worn. I also had to retire a Party Of Two shirt that I was sent. I am wearing an LROOE shirt today from 2008 (the one where they are standing in the sand dunes, slightly similar to the one HH gave Soda) but this is a shirt I ordered from eaglesband.com & is not one of my tour shirts. I have the two 'Tour 2010' shirts; the dates consist of 'Perth/Sydney/Brisbane/Melbourne'. I have the Prelude To Obscurity shirt because Molly was very sweet & sent me one.

I also have two sweatshirts I got from eaglesband.com & two hoodies I got on the 2010 tour.

02-27-2012, 07:33 PM
That is a very impressive tee shirt collection, Soda. I'm like you, I don't wear tee shirts because they aren't flattering to me at all - I used to buy them all the time, but I stopped since I never wore them. I do have a few baby doll style tees that I wear because they look much better on me. The ones I wear most are two just like the ones Soda posted - Glenn's black and yellow Prelude to Obsurity shirt and the pale green CMA shirt. Now that the Eagles have started selling the baby doll style shirts, I will definitely buy one for the 40th anniversary tour though.

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 07:45 PM
I was sorting through my multitude of Eagles and Eagle-related T-shirts - I try to purchase one with dates from every tour I attend - and I realized that I am missing the following:

I'm 99.9% sure I have an extra one (or 3). Let me check my stock pile and I'll send you a care package!

Aw, thank you! Even if you don't find one, I appreciate the thought.

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 08:03 PM
One that I remember rather vividly was the Minnesota date for Glenn- wasn't that the one that you had such trouble getting to due to the flooding?

Yes. It was quite epic - not only flooding before but a tornado afterwards!

Here is a re-post of what I wrote after I arrived in Crosslake the night before the show (or at that point, I guess technically it was the morning of the day of the show):

So guys, let me vent a bit. I have truly "suffered for the love" - as Stevie Nicks would say - in order to hear Glenn Frey play. Yesterday, when I got near Madison, I discovered that all the entrances to interstate highway 90/94 were blocked. There had been massive and severe flooding, I discovered later. Only there were NO detour signs to tell you how to get back on it, or to indicate an alternate route! I thought I must have missed them, so I circled back a couple times, to no avail. Then, I stopped by a gas station to ask directions, but all the guy could say was "There is no easy way. The highway is closed because of flooding and it is the only direct route." Then he suggested I go north for about ten miles. Only problem - there is more than one highway going north! Which to take?! I blindly just took the first one I came across that had "N" on the sign.

My GPS, which I call "Bridget" for Bridget Jones because I programmed her with a British accent, was worse than useless. She kept trying to get me back on 90/94. "Recalculating... U-turn... Recalculating.... Turn left then left... recalculating... Take road back to 90/94... recalculating..." How about recalculating me an alternate route, Bridget?!

I figured, "I gotta do this old school." I dug a crinkled map of middle America out of my glove compartment and laboriously worked out an alternate route that would put me back on 90/94 about 25 miles north. This route took me through the boonies and I began to wonder if I'd made a huge mistake as I saw nothing but silos, barns, and fields surrounding me. Still I persisted, only to discover to my horror that, even 25 miles north, the highway was STILL CLOSED!

Once I spotted those big ugly orange blockades across the on-ramp stubbornly declaring "CLOSED" in cold black letters, I was about in tears. Although I rarely cuss, when Bridget once again "recalculated" and ordered me to get on the closed on-ramp, I started cussin' at her like a sailor! I would've turned her off but I wanted to keep the map on her face visible and I didn't feel like pulling over in some guy's field to figure out how to mute the stupid thing.

As soon as I saw another gas station, I pulled over. Since we were in the boonies, it was the only one around for a long time. I discovered as I parked that there were dozens of cars all there for the same thing, and it wasn't gas. Everyone was desperate to get on 90/94 past the closure. So many people had been asking for help since the closure the night before that the employees at the gas station had actually printed out directions and were handing them out. "You going east or west?" a skinny teenage kid in a striped uniform asked me wearily when I approached the counter, map in hand. "West? OK, take this print out." He indicated a stack to his left. Noticing the look of joy on my face as I reached for the directions, he warned me, "Don't get too excited - it's gonna be backed up..."

"Who cares? At least I know where I'm going!" I cried, and after spending $1.50 on a bottle of Coke Zero as a "thank you," I started out. What did it matter if it was backed up on the podunk roads? All I needed was someone to put me on a highway and show me a sign to get to 90/94, and I was set. Or so I thought...

It happened around the metropolis of Prairie du Sac - which is about 15 miles from the road that leads to the road that leads to the highway - standstill traffic. Prairie du Sac has a population of approximately 3100 people. I know this because it took me approximately 20 minutes to inch past their population sign. And that was just the beginning...

ALMOST FOUR HOURS later, I FINALLY got back to the highway. After that, it was smooth sailing. But the Madison escapade made a trip that was already 11 and a half hours into a trip that took 15 hours. I got in at 1 am.

So... this show better be DAMN GOOD! But I know it will be - after all, it's Glenn!

The review of the show itself is here: https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=899

Henley Honey
02-27-2012, 08:16 PM
That's exactly what makes you our "fearless leader". Most people would have said -- forget it, I'm giving up and going home. Not you -- not with Glenn at the end of that long, long road. Whatever it took, you prevailed and made the show. Well done!!

sodascouts
02-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Turn back?! I had already driven five hours, paid $90 for a ticket, and put down $70 for a hotel! No, Failure to Frey was not an option. ;)

However, my butt sure hurt after being in that car for 15 hours straight! The sick part was that four of those hours were spent almost at a standstill off the highway. FOUR HOURS of moving forward a foot and stopping, moving forward a foot and stopping, moving forward a foot and stopping.... Gosh, my blood pressure goes up just thinking about it! I often found myself fantasizing about owning a flying DeLorean like in Back to the Future II that would allow me to soar above the gridlock straight to Manhattan Beach Lodge. There are times when even "Take It Easy" playing on the iPod can't make the muscles in your neck, shoulders, and back ease up as you grip the wheel, desperately hoping that some miracle will allow the traffic to suddenly start moving fast enough to actually register on the speedometer.

WalshFan88
02-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Wow! That's is dedication! ;)

The GPS story made me laugh - I hate when it recalculates CONSTANTLY because you didn't take the path it wanted you to and is insisting you turn around and take that route.... It just keeps saying recalculating over and over and over. I don't drive (partially blind as some of you know) but every car I get in with a GPS and we go on a wild goose chase, that GPS is useless and keeps saying that over and over. I'd like to recalculate it right out the window! :laugh:

EaglesKiwi
02-29-2012, 03:29 AM
That's exactly what makes you our "fearless leader". Most people would have said -- forget it, I'm giving up and going home. Not you -- not with Glenn at the end of that long, long road. Whatever it took, you prevailed and made the show. Well done!!
Oh yes indeedy. What a story! :woah::p8)

whitcap
07-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I framed my autograph :)

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/IMAG0153.jpg

sodascouts
07-16-2012, 09:36 PM
That was quick! It looks really nice.

GlennLover
07-16-2012, 10:04 PM
Cool! :thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
07-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Love it, Whitney!!!!

Brooke
07-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Love it wc!

WalshFan88
07-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Nice!! Looking forward to his new album.

Troubadour
07-17-2012, 01:23 PM
Nicely done, whitcap!

Topkat
07-17-2012, 02:14 PM
That looks great Whitcap!:thumbsup:

Prettymaid
07-17-2012, 02:16 PM
That's a nice piece of memorabilia, WC!

SallyGee
07-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Very nice Whitcap!

whitcap
07-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Thanks everyone :)

Koala
07-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Cool, WC, Looks great!

WalshFan88
07-27-2012, 10:17 PM
My first venture into LPs/Vinyl! A new record store opened up nearby and it's killer. He had a first pressing with the "bass problem" of Led Zeppelin II!!!!!!

But the only Eagles albums he had were these - I snagged both. Hotel California and The Long Run. Only problem is the HC album has someone's last name written in small print in the upper right. These will be for framing for my guitar room but I'm tempted to buy a turntable and buy vinyl now that the store is there.

http://i49.tinypic.com/v2ycuw.jpg

whitcap
07-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Very cool Austin! I love vinyl.

Here are my Eagles related vinyl albums:

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0131smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0132smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0133smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0139smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0123smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0107smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0125smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0116smaller.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc507/wkc81491/Vinyl/Eagles/IMAG0150smaller.jpg
The 45s without sleeves are Lyin' Eyes (from the Urban Cowboy soundtrack), New Kid in Town, Heartache Tonight and Hearts on Fire.

WalshFan88
07-28-2012, 12:52 AM
Thanks! Nice collection.

I wish they had more Eagles albums.

zeldabjr
07-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I wish I could hear some Eagles on vinyl...they say it sounds better than a CD...I don't know...and I don't have a turntable anymore.I remember when CDs first came out everyone raved about the quality of the sound....now I'm hearing people say nothing sounds like vinyl...

Topkat
07-28-2012, 07:51 AM
I agree that vinyl sounds better. I still have a huge album collection, but when my turntable broke a few years back, I didn't replace it. Then my cassette deck broke & I never replaced that either. Now I only have the CD player. I wish I could play some of my albums, so I am also thinking about getting a new turntable. Would be fun to play those albums again because many I did not get CD's to replace.

That's a great collection you have Whitcap! :)

Austin; Welcome to the world of vinyl. I loved getting the albums because of all the pictures & all the info inside. CD's are much more convenient, but they just don't have the impact that a full size album cover has.

Brooke
07-28-2012, 11:47 AM
I have multiple copies of all the Eagles albums. One of each is framed and hanging in our computer room along with other memorabilia. We don't have a turntable anymore, so we gave our daughter the rest of our collection, which was a lot. She has a turntable and plays them a lot. I wouldn't mind having a turntable, but hubby isn't in to it, so.........

Tiffanny Twisted
07-28-2012, 12:02 PM
So you raised a kid who is in to vinyl. lol

Just amazing.

Brooke
07-28-2012, 01:18 PM
Yep, she loves vinyl! lol

Tiffanny Twisted
07-28-2012, 07:14 PM
Yep, she loves vinyl! lol

I fell better now. I kinda knew where his taste in music came from (me lol but JAHH will say him )
He loves to go old stores that sell vinyl. He and his buddy have visited the best in almost every state he has traveled to .

You just made my nite. Thanks

EaglesKiwi
07-30-2012, 03:49 AM
Thanks! Nice collection.

I wish they had more Eagles albums.
You may find they get more new (old!) stock in regularly once people know they're around... there will be a lot of people around who have kept their vinyl collections and don't have anything to play them on, so they may trade them in.

To me (growing up at the changeover from vinyl to CD) listening to an album on vinyl is about the experience - we go sit in the Man Cave, get a drink, and put an album on... then just sit and listen to it! :cheers:
Then get another drink (for my husband - I can't keep up!) when it's time to turn the record over.

CDs are something I play in the car or in the lounge room when I'm doing other stuff. Vinyl is for dedicated music appreciation time. :grin:

TimothyBFan
07-30-2012, 08:20 AM
Any of you that have been here for awhile, know my passion for vinyl and about our extensive vinyl collection and vinyl nights on the patio. Bought 3 more at a flea market yesterday and looking forward to the album show this coming Sunday. Have multiple copies of Eagles, Cars, Zep and all our faves. I LOVE my vinyl!!! I will argue with anyone who tells me vinyl doesn't sound better!! It's the way it was suppose to be!!!

Good job Austin!!! If you want more Eagles/Walsh/Felder, etc vinyl, drop me a message. We do these record shows and I bet I have other spares sitting around here right now that I am always happy to share. I've picked up copies of stuff a lot of the time for other Borderers. That goes for anyone here.... just send me a message about what you're looking for and I'll watch for it. I pick up spare copies every time I go if I see them cheap enough. I find tons of them for $1 or 2 a piece.

My first venture into LPs/Vinyl! A new record store opened up nearby and it's killer. He had a first pressing with the "bass problem" of Led Zeppelin II!!!!!!

Did you happen to get a price on this? Curious! We have a first pressing of it but it's not in the best shape.

WalshFan88
07-30-2012, 12:14 PM
Did you happen to get a price on this? Curious! We have a first pressing of it but it's not in the best shape.

It was $50. Mint condition too. I really wanted it. He had others too that we're rare.

07-30-2012, 06:41 PM
whitcap - that is a very nice vinyl collection you have accumulated for our guys. And Austin, it looks like you are off to a great start on yours as well. Way to go!

As far as vinyl, I actually have quite an extensive collection, but, unfortunately, most of them aren't in very good condition because I didn't take very good care of them back in the day. Honestly, it's been so long since I listened to anything on vinyl, I don't remember if it sounds better than CDs or not. Maybe they sound better if they are in pristine condition, but my problem is that it was hard for me to keep them that way. If I didn't scratch them up first, then I played them until they wore out, which didn't take too long. The thing I like about CDs is that they are much more durable and you can burn multiple copies so I don't wear them out like I did the vinyls. I have to agree though, I really do miss those large vinyl covers.

sodascouts
08-22-2012, 10:39 PM
I finally got my autographed Longbranch Pennywhistle album framed!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/C7111C07-5C63-4D26-8465-4E46101C8F27-8033-0000068BA7241EEB.jpg

Now I just have to decide where to hang it.

Koala
08-23-2012, 01:23 AM
Very cool, Soda!:)

TimothyBFan
08-23-2012, 07:42 AM
LOVE IT!!!!! :thumbsup:

08-23-2012, 10:29 AM
OMG - that is just awesome. And to think what a rarity this is. I always tease Nancy about this and say that there are probably so very few Longbranch Pennywhistle albums signed by both Glenn and JD around that even their own mothers don't own one! I hope you find the perfect spot to showcase it, Nancy. :partytime:

Brooke
08-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Yes, it really is amazing that you got both sigs on it! It's worth way more than money to a diehard fan! Kudos to you, Soda! I absolutely love it!

GlennLover
08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
It looks great, Soda! What a wonderful treasure to own!

Henley Honey
08-23-2012, 12:08 PM
Now I just have to decide where to hang it.

How 'bout over your bed? :hilarious:

zeldabjr
08-23-2012, 12:30 PM
Soda that is really a treasure...do you remember where you were when you got the autographs?...I'll bet even those two guys would think that is cool!

GlennLover
08-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Soda that is really a treasure...do you remember where you were when you got the autographs?...I'll bet even those two guys would think that is cool!

Those two guys might even remember where they were when they signed the autographs. :laugh:

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 01:02 PM
lol!

I got Glenn's autograph in February 2006 at Pebble Beach. It was also the first time I had ever met him. He joked that he thought the photo on the back was "sick" lol.

I didn't get JD's until almost 3 years later, at his Chicago show in November 2008. He was signing things for people after the show and when I handed him the Longbranch Pennywhistle album, he did quite a double-take!

Brooke
08-23-2012, 02:11 PM
They had to know you were some kind of fan when you produced that! :hilarious:

Glennsallnighter
08-24-2012, 11:53 AM
That's a real treasure Nancy! I'm sure you will find the perfect spot to display it! I love seeing real fans getting autographs on their memorabilia! You will appreciate and treasure it much more than people who just want autographs for profit!

Topkat
09-14-2012, 08:59 PM
I found this on Ebay & thought it was interesting, so I bought it. I'm a pick girl!!:thumbsup:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200590225935?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 09:17 PM
I found this on Ebay & thought it was interesting, so I bought it. I'm a pick girl!!:thumbsup:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200590225935?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

very cool TK!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 12:09 PM
was thinking of getting it for JAHh.
Let me know when it comes it what you think please.
tt

Topkat
09-15-2012, 05:32 PM
was thinking of getting it for JAHh.
Let me know when it comes it what you think please.
tt
It came the other day. It's very nice, but it's a little smaller than what I expected, but I guess I didn't read the whole thing. It measures about 8 1/2" x 6" The picks look really nice, but I think if you take them off, they won't go back on, so I guess I'll just leave it as is. I think it would look nice in a frame, so I will just frame it & hang it someplace. He shipped it out really fast.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 06:28 PM
thanks jahh plays guitAR...MAYBE U GOT THE right idea? frame them
thanks for the suggestion

tt

WalshFan88
09-16-2012, 02:02 AM
Just bought this ad. Will frame it like I did my Joe Carvin Ad.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-EAGLES-DON-FELDER-DOUBLENECK-GUITAR-PRINT-AD-/320980653261?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abbf014cd

09-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Nice Austin. And TK - I think the picks are very attractive set against the LROOE picture. I bet they'll look really nice framed and matted. Hope y'all will both post pictures here of the finished products. :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
09-16-2012, 09:07 PM
dreamer,
great idea...looking forward to the post of the framed finished products.

For JAhh...I got a signed by the three original members of Earth wind and fire a poster with 40 years of their albums..etc.
GAve it to JAhh for our 30th last year after I had it matted in leather and a vintage wood frame to make it look old like the poster. It came out great and he loved it even thought it took him a while to realize it was autographed.
Even the framer thought I did a great job picking out the leather and old wood for the frame.
Cant wait to see yours Autsin and TK..

TT

Brooke
09-17-2012, 09:12 AM
I just bought the Eagles catalog cd set. Finally added it to my collection after years of procrastination!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Brooke,hope you enjoy it..TT

WalshFan88
09-22-2012, 01:05 AM
This is my shirt from when I saw them on the Long Run tour. :lie::hilarious:

http://i48.tinypic.com/k50ors.jpg

Nah, I got it on eBay. Only Eagles shirt I can find in my size. :D

Also my Felder clipping came today but I haven't got a frame yet and will post it when I do.

sodascouts
09-22-2012, 01:06 AM
Nice!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-22-2012, 08:36 AM
nice shirt austin

WalshFan88
09-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Thanks!

09-22-2012, 12:41 PM
I like your shirt Austin - and sure wish I'd seen that tour ... unlike you, I actually was born then. :grin:

WalshFan88
09-22-2012, 01:22 PM
I like your shirt Austin - and sure wish I'd seen that tour ... unlike you, I actually was born then. :grin:

:hilarious: I'd give almost anything to have seen them on the HC or even LR tour. That would have been awesome.

Glennsallnighter
09-23-2012, 06:27 PM
Love your shirt Austin!

WalshFan88
09-24-2012, 02:22 AM
Thanks!!!

zeldabjr
11-06-2012, 11:11 PM
I found this on eBay and loved the picture so I had to buy it!!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/001-1.jpg?t=1352257742

EaglesKiwi
11-07-2012, 02:50 AM
Great t-shirt!

zeldabjr
11-07-2012, 02:52 AM
I thought so...it's in perfect condition...I had a little bidding war with someone to get it but I won!!!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-07-2012, 10:32 AM
I love it cool shirt

GlennLover
11-07-2012, 11:19 AM
Love it! That's one of my favourite pictures of the guys.

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2012, 07:27 PM
I found this on eBay and loved the picture so I had to buy it!!

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/hh572/zeldabjr/001-1.jpg?t=1352257742

Don't you just want to cuddle up to Glenn :heart: there! Lovely find Zelda

GlennLover
11-07-2012, 10:47 PM
Don't you just want to cuddle up to Glenn :heart: there! Lovely find Zelda

I sure do! :inlove:

zeldabjr
11-07-2012, 11:13 PM
have to say Glenn isn't the one I'm thinkin' of...

Koala
11-08-2012, 01:06 AM
Love The Shirt too, looks great!

TimothyBFan
01-07-2013, 07:17 PM
Hey---this just came up on eBay. Thought one of you Glenn girls should have it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glenn-Frey-of-the-Rock-Band-The-Eagles-on-Tour-Backstage-Candid-Photo-/380550615618?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item589a959242

Freypower
01-07-2013, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't think so. :-(

01-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Thanks for posting that, Willie. I think I'll pass too - not Glenn's most flattering photo and the seller is asking too much for it, IMO.

Tiffanny Twisted
01-07-2013, 11:06 PM
I DONT CARE FOR IT EITHER

Grey Sadler
01-07-2013, 11:11 PM
Nope...I wouldn't even post it on that crazy Tumblr page, yeesh...

sodascouts
01-08-2013, 04:04 AM
OK, now, to those ladies who were saying Glenn never takes a bad photo, I give you Exhibit A... lol.

But hey, I'd never seen it before, and it's always nice to find something new - so thanks, Willie!

Tiffanny Twisted
01-08-2013, 07:36 AM
good popint soda,
guess I cant say that anymore lol

TimothyBFan
01-08-2013, 09:38 AM
OK, now, to those ladies who were saying Glenn never takes a bad photo, I give you Exhibit A... lol.

But hey, I'd never seen it before, and it's always nice to find something new - so thanks, Willie!

Thank you. I was feeling a bit under appreciated. :hilarious: Can't believe no one wants that stunning picture of Glenn.

Brooke
01-08-2013, 11:10 AM
Hard to believe he can take a bad picture, but there it is! :lol:

Oh well, he's human!

Thanks Willie! I think! :hilarious:

Troubadour
01-08-2013, 02:26 PM
Haha. He's so rock 'n' roll. ;)

GlennLover
01-08-2013, 03:22 PM
Well, regardless, at least it's a candid shot that we haven't seen before. I'm happy to see anything of Glenn that is new to me.

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2013, 07:14 PM
Yeah, I saw that one as well, but decided to pass on it! Wonder why.......?

Now on the other hand, I have my Eagle eye on this one, and would love to get my hot little hands on it, but $18 to just ship it here (on top of cost) is a little steep IMHO. Still I MAY yet go for it....

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/170971648174?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Tiffanny Twisted
01-14-2013, 07:17 PM
wow never saw that one and boy is he hot in that picture,

Glennsallnighter
01-14-2013, 07:18 PM
Isn't he TT? Adorable :inlove:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Yes ...he is and If you like it you should buy it....,

dont be sorry later and be I shudda did it...
anyway he is hot hot hot int hat picture

Freypower
01-14-2013, 07:38 PM
What a weird photo. I wouldn't buy it, but it's different. I don't think it particularly looks like him although I know it is.

zeldabjr
01-14-2013, 07:39 PM
great pic of Glenn...I say go for it GA!

sodascouts
01-14-2013, 07:56 PM
I like it, though I would have dated it a little earlier than 1991 considering his body shape and hair. It's a rarity, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I'd keep that money for my concert fund. Of course, that's not my favorite era for him looks-wise.

Now if he were shirtless....then I'd be forking over fifty bucks in no time! ;)

Brooke
01-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Somehow I can't see me going for any photos of Glenn. Just don't think my husband would appreciate me having them of another man in our house! I do good to have all the albums and concert tickets hanging on the wall! :lol:

sodascouts
01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
I've paid for some rare photos of Glenn before but never more than $15 for a photo. I just scan them in and display them on GFO anyway! It's no fun unless you can share them.

sodascouts
01-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Three examples of photos I paid for (not counting all the magazines/yearbooks/songbooks/sheet music/tourbooks etc. I bought for the photos they contained - dang, I don't like to think about all the money I've spent to populate these sites - my low point was buying a Penthouse to get shots of Glenn modelling various sweaters lol):

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/eaglesNYC1972-05.jpg
(part of a set)

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreyAP01.jpg
(part of a pair)

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySOSSnazzy.jpg
(part of a set that I got a really good deal on at a memorabilia store in LA)

And several shirtless ones of Lindsey Buckingham. He apparently took his shirt off far more often than Glenn. lol

prayfordaylight
01-15-2013, 03:01 PM
Liddy took more off than that ::thinks of pool/raft/guitar pic:: (I had that one in my locker in middle school...)

sodascouts
01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
lol! Ah yes. I called that picture "LBuckNaked" lol.

My faves are the ones from the 70s where he just walks around shirtless with his hands either on Stevie, a guitar, and/or a beer. lol

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/images/SnLSunday.JPG

To get back on topic, Glenn was super-super-skinny for most of the 70s (cocaine diet I guess) and the one or two shirtless photo shoots where he's kind of highlight that... which is probably why he wasn't so keen on the shirt removal, although I don't think he looks bad.

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/eagles1975boat04.jpg

Here's something a bit better from later:

http://www.glennfreyonline.com/images/GFreySmokinHot.jpg

Tiffanny Twisted
01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
I"m sorry .....the man just pushes my buttons....so stinking handsome and good looking cand he comes by it naturally ...

TimothyBFan
01-16-2013, 09:20 AM
I've bought several pics, mags, etc over the years. We have a Nostalgia store in the mall here and I never go to the mall without checking in there. Have gotten several publicity shots there, one of my faves was one I took to Chicago with me and Timothy said he would sign---before he left me in the lurch, standing there with nothing but his picture in my hand and sweet memories of him serenading me. :weep: :lol:

Troubadour
01-25-2013, 09:41 PM
Ah, he was just playin' it cool. ;)

VAisForEagleLovers
01-29-2013, 11:05 PM
This picture was posted on our Facebook page today from someone who just 'liked' the page. Too cool to have this in your high school yearbook!This is what he wrote with it:

From my 1975 McHenry High School yearbook. The Eagles played in the West Campus gym. We all worked many weeks to win this concert. It was sponsored by WCFL and Milk Duds. You could either send in Milk Duds boxes or write "Milk Duds" on 3x5 cards. Well someone hauled in bags and bags of blank 3x5 cards and we students did nothing but write "Milk Duds" on them for several weeks. Cards were on the floor in that school everywhere you looked... the library, hallways, classrooms..... Every spare minute by every student was spent writing Milk Duds on those cards from contest start to end..... and we won!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/Eagles/eocpic.jpg

01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
OMG - how cool is that!

Grey Sadler
01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
That was sweet!! Oh, to have been born 10 years earlier...
Disappointment?!?!!??! WTH?? :eyebrow:

RebeccaLovesEagles
01-29-2013, 11:31 PM
That was sweet!! Oh, to have been born 10 years earlier...
Disappointment?!?!!??! WTH?? :eyebrow:

That must have been a crazy writer. They worked that hard to get the Eagles and Dan Fol. and then was disappointed. I think his writers cramp went to his head. :brickwall:

TimothyBFan
01-30-2013, 08:48 AM
Perhaps disappointed? WTH?

Can you imagine AND Dan Fogelberg also!!!

I notice Larry Lujack listed as performing his comedy also--- I'm assuming since this is McHenry High School it must be the McHenry outside of Chicago? Larry Lujack was a DJ in the 70s for WLS radio in Chicago. I grew up listening to him. He was absolutely hysterical. He did some of the dumbest things including my favorite, Animal Stories where he was Uncle Larry and his sidekick was Snot Nose Tommy and they would read funny animal stories. We recently bought a couple albums of these and sat with some friends who grew up in the area and were familiar with this on our patio one night, listening and all laughed till we cried.