Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Border Chat Party Nov 1, 8:00 Eastern

Default Border Chat Party Nov 1, 8:00 Eastern

Time for another Border Chat party, to celebrate Tim's and Glenn's birthdays as well as the one-year anniversary of Long Road Out of Eden!

For those of you that are new - a chat party is when we go to the chatroom (see link to FlashChat at top) and watch a video together. Usually it's Farewell 1 or HFO, but sometimes we do bootleg chats as well! And that's what this one is.

Our bootleg will be the Christchurch, New Zealand 1995 show.

If you don't have the bootleg, you need to let us know far enough in advance that we can send it to you. Overseas folks: that means ASAP. Americans: no later than Oct. 28. Either reply here or PM me.

Overseas folks: feel free to come in early and we'll watch some downloads. I'll be there starting 6:00 Eastern time.

Note: Eastern Daylight US Time = Greenwich Mean Time - 4 hours

Feel free to come in late or just drop by for a little while. It's fun to chat even if you can't be there the whole time.

See you there!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Default Re: Border Chat Party Nov 1, 8:00 Eastern

I'll try and be there, but that's Cliffy's and my anniversary. We'll prolly go out that night. BUT it's early enough for me I might be able to make the beginning. Either way, Ill need the video if I can make it. Maybe he and I can go out on Friday night instead. I'll talk to him but "Honey! I have a chat party that night, cant we celebrate our 22nd anniversary a day early?" Probably isnt going to fly, but then you never know!

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

The night before is Hallowe'en Ticky!! Maybe you can suggest a 'spooky' night out to Cliffy instead!

I'll definitely be there. Works to my advantage as there'll only be a 4 hour difference instead of 5 hours, as we'll be back to GMT. Disadvantage is that the kids might not be in bed early though!!

Still I WILL be there!! Never fear!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

the night before is Halloween and we have a 5 yr old.. not to mention Cliffy is a 5 yr old at heart *G* Halloween is almost as big an event here as Christmas!

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I hope to be there also. Boy what luck, I just recently acquired a copy of Christchurch from a friend !!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

I was just thinking about the one-year anniversary of LROOE yesterday. My birthday is the same as Timothy's and I loved the fact that LROOE came out on Oct 30!

This is a great way to celebrate, but unfortunately I can't be there. My hubby & I host a Halloween/bday party every year, & there are so many fall festivals & other Halloween activities going on in our neighborhood that we had to schedule the party for Nov 1 this year! Christchurch is one of my favorite bootlegs--I wish I could be there to help celebrate with all of you. Have fun!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

I probably can't make it either.

Now a couple weeks later would have been great as raccoon hunting season begins and I'll be a "coon hunter's widow" most every night weather permits!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Sorry, I can't make it..
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

I am disappointed I can't be there. I promised a friend of mine I would go over to the coast with her to look at some property she wants to buy so I will be sans internet all weekend...

Sorry, can't make it. Will be in upstate NY visiting my college alma mater, for an afternoon football game and an evening concert featuring campus acapella groups (which I find very entertaining.) Thank goodness we gain an extra hour of sleep that night!