Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VIP package?

Default VIP package?

Can someone please explain to me what a Vip package is?

I read it on the page (and also the description), but did someone buy this once before and what are the pros? What happens to you when you have a vip-ticket?

Thanks in advance!

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: VIP package?

Tessa - the VIP's are the ticket packages sold by ILAA (I Love All Access). The link to the website is iloveallaccess.com.

Basically, ILAA sells 5-star packages where tickets are usually guaranteed to be in the first 10 rows. However, you don't get your ticket until you show up at the show, so you don't know exactly where you will be sitting. In addition to your ticket, there is usually a reception and dinner before the show along with some other perks.

Usually, ILAA offers a less expensive 4-star package where your ticket is usually guaranteed to be in the first 20 rows, but you don't get to go to the reception or dinner.

The packages vary for each show, so the best thing to do is check out the ILAA website and find the show that you are interested in attending. Hope this helps and good luck finding your ticket.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

I don't know what the ticket demand will be like in Europe, but both times I went into Ticketmaster right at opening time, I was able to get tickets within the first 10 rows right away, without doing the VIP. It may just be a matter of seeing whether the extra amenities are worth the extra cost.

Border Desperado

My first Eagles concert, in Philadelphia, Pa., on July 14, 2008, I bought all access tickets. I bought the day they went on sale. I got a four star package which put us in the 10th row, center stage. The ticket was somewhat pricey, but worth it, as we had a blast.

The next concert we went to, at the Borgata in Atlantic City, came three nights later. We got put on the list because one of their ticket takers in advertently bumped us out of Joe Walsh tickets earlier in the year, and we complained about it. Everything at the Borgata is pricey! We were in the 8th row for this show. My wife got a Timothy B. Schmit guitar pick he threw into the audience. After this show we met Scott Crago, Will Hollis and Steuart Smith.

Out third show was just luck. I checked a web site two nights before the concert and was able to buy 7th row tickets at face value. the show ultimately sold out.

I came to refer to all of the concerts I attended in 2008 as "My excellent concert adventures". There is some risk to buying the tickets this way, but the rewards can be great. Good Luck!
    Last edited by Just Another Hired Hand; 12-14-2008 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglesvet View Post
    I don't know what the ticket demand will be like in Europe, but both times I went into Ticketmaster right at opening time, I was able to get tickets within the first 10 rows right away, without doing the VIP. It may just be a matter of seeing whether the extra amenities are worth the extra cost.
    Yes, I think it will be like this here in Vienna.

I visited another Ticket Hompeage and it looks like that you're able to purchase tickets in the first rows there. The price is the same as the price from ILAA.

But still no possibility to buy one; they still have that "under construction" note under the Eagles-description.

Thanks IABAD! I'll try the normal way to buy a ticket, even if it costs more, I don't need dinner (except Mr. Henley joins me ) .

Who came up to the idea of a dinner before a concert like this? My result would be either a sick feeling or tiredness *gg*

@ JAHH
    Is the chance to meet one of the guys (even if it is "only" one of the MHs)
    bigger with a VIP ticket or is it all the same?

JAHH:

We got put on the list because one of their ticket takers in advertently bumped us out of Joe Walsh tickets earlier in the year, and we complained about it

I don't understand? A "ticket taker?" And was Walsh playing a show solo? Hmmm, maybe you're talking about tickets bought through JWFC? Seems there was someone else here was on a bummer (and rightly so) concerning a JWFC M&G (Soda?).

Anyway, I'm just curious and confused....probably some bad drugs. Had a little run-in with the Dentist yesterday and am a bit woozy.

MikeA

I was bumped out of the meet'n'greet, not the concert itself. I did not buy my tickets through the JWFC.

A good thing about ILAA is that because you're paying more money, they're motivated to try and fix any problems that arise; they won't just blow you off.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

The hard part for me with the ILAA tickets is if I'm going to spend that kind of money on a ticket...I want a guaranteed seat in the first FIVE rows AND a chance to meet one of the guys!! lol that's a lot of money to spend and not even know where you're going to sit! lol

I've only ever done ILAA once and i will say that although it was expensive, I'm glad that i did it. They really try to make your "ILAA experience" be the best concert experience ever. And it was a really memorable one for me because I got to share it with my mother. It was the best mother-daughter time we had ever had. The dinner is really nice and they also do a raffle of all kinds of Eagles goodies. My mom won a tshirt. They even gave away 2 autographed cds. It is a nailbiter wondering where your seats will be but I was pretty sure that i was going to be in the first few rows because i ordered mine the moment that they went on sale and i knew that they go by first come first serve as far as seating goes. I lucked out and got front row. Would I do it again? Maybe. If they were to do meet and greets like Maleah suggested, i would definitely spend the money again.

Border Desperado

Quote Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
    JAHH:

We got put on the list because one of their ticket takers in advertently bumped us out of Joe Walsh tickets earlier in the year, and we complained about it

I don't understand? A "ticket taker?" And was Walsh playing a show solo? Hmmm, maybe you're talking about tickets bought through JWFC? Seems there was someone else here was on a bummer (and rightly so) concerning a JWFC M&G (Soda?).

Anyway, I'm just curious and confused....probably some bad drugs. Had a little run-in with the Dentist yesterday and am a bit woozy.
    MikeA:

My wife called the Borgata ticket office the minute the tickets went on sale. She was put on hold for 15 minutes. When they got back to her and told her what tickets were available she (and I) were furious.

After several phone calls we finally spoke to manager about it. He could not have been more accomodating. He asked who else we would like to see. My wife told him The Eagles. In a gesture of good will he helped us get great seats for the Eagles show there. The seats were so good she caught a guitar pick TBS threw into the audience.

I can only say good things about the Borgata management. They made it right for us in a big way. True, we missed the Joe Walsh show, but the night the Eagles came to New Jersey my Mrs. caught the guitar pick, and got to meet Scott Crago, Will Hollis and Steuart Smith in the restaurant after the show. They couldn't have been nicer. They were blown away with how much we knew not just about the Eagles, but about their band too.

Some times a bad thing (getting blocked out of Joe Walsh tickets) can lead to a great thing, like the Eagles Borgata tickets.