Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Philadelphia Bound and Down! July 14th

Default Philadelphia Bound and Down! July 14th

Finally, after haunting ComCastTix for the past week, I was able to get an inside aisle seat in section 3 row 2 for face-Joe's side. I had to call to get the ticket though. The computer wouldn't sell me the seat unless I bought a pair. FYI ComCast is great about breaking up tickets for you.

BTW They still have tickets in the same row. Seats 2-8.

I'm pretty sure more primo tickets will drop since ILAA closed sales this morning and I'm sure they have more than 2nd row tickets left over. I'm traveling from Los Angeles and this concert is an add on. Already have front row (Timmy's side) July 19th and third row center July 17thfor Atlantic City. God is good! So I will get to see the show from all possible angles.

Anyone else going?

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

WOW, Carol-Lynn! That is FANTASTIC for you! I hope you have the time of your life.

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Default Philly-Got Soul!

Thanks Mrs. Frey.

Anyone know a good Cheese-Steak place near the Wachovia? I'm from Pittsburgh and haven't had a decent Cheese-Steak since moving to Los Angeles 24 years ago nor a decent bagel now that you mention it. We have this Great Steak chain outlet but they're the Taco Bell of Cheese Steaks. Know what I mean. I'm saving all my calories just for that.

Carol-Lynn
    Yankle Doodle Girl For Sure
    Happy 4th of July

Carol-Lynn, you're very funny. I'm watching my calories all the time (for when I get to see the Eagles again, you understand ), and you're just making me hungry! It's winter time in South Africa, and unfortunately, the colder weather brings on the hunger pangs!

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL OUR U.S. MEMBERS!!!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Congrats on going to so many shows and getting great seats to boot, C7L!

We'll certainly be awaiting your reviews!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

There you go again! Congrats on your seats - I hope I am as lucky for Chicago!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Default Philly Cheese Steak!

Mrs Frey: I know what you mean about cold-weather weight-gain. I spent the first 36 years of my life in South Western Pennsylvania and we were stuck inside about 3 or 4 months a year with nothing to do but pack on the pounds. Every spring we'd have to take it off.

But that was 24 years ago. I live in SoCal now and I have no excuse and getting the weight off is much harder when you're almost sixty. And, forget about all the fast food ads. I too am trying to shed the weight I gained and like you for the Eagles (as if they care but one can dream) and started Memorial Day week-end. I'm up to walking an hour and a half a day and keep busy doing summer gardening and other homeowner chores. I have lost an entire dress size already. But I have miles to go before, like Robert Frost, I sleep. Good luck with your diet!

Nancy, et al: I will have a ton of reviews and pictures (if I can sneak one in.) Am also going, it's official, to another JWFC Meet & Greet and this time I plan on saying something other than "Ahhhhhhh." As for tickets to Chicago everyone wants one. I'm not going but will monitor ticketing with you guys and hook you up if I notice good seats. Of course everyone probably already knows this but, just in case you don't; start about 2 weeks before the event and query TM morning, noon, and night especially the week before just about when ILAA closes ticket sales.

I noticed yesterday, the 4th, that ComCast started dropping primo tickets for both shows in Atlantic City and they got snatched up by the end of the day. ILAA hasn't closed sales there yet but when they do you can expect more primo seats. I can't imagine them selling many $1,500 seats for either show. Unfortunately, ticket brokers are grabbing them up as quickly as they are released. BTW: Call ComCastTix (1-800-298-4200) for the best seats for either Philly or AC. Be nice but persistent as they can open their interactive seating chart and break up seating clusters for you. They tend to sell the better seats in pairs I noticed. That is how I got the inside aisle seat for Philly.

Have a Nice Day All. Gotta hit the pavement. We've been having a heat-wave in SoCal and I have to get out early or it's to hot to trot!

Chow Bella,
    Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGalNow

Thanks for the tips, and good luck getting that weight off. I'm thinking of joining Curves - I've always put off losing weight because I was getting my degree. I told myself I didn't have the time to dedicate to it, but now I have no excuse!

Thanks for attempting to get some photos and tell us about the show. Good luck with that camera!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Woo Hoo Congrats!! Hope you have a great time there!!!
    Let somebody love you, before it's too late..

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I am green with envy on how many shows you will be seeing soon!! Have fun and don't forget to report back on everything!!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low