Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlottesville, VA Tour Date

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You get a drinks/dinner party and a 'goody bag' with the 5 star whereas the 4 star is mainly just the seat I think.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

I think I'm afraid to get either package because I'm afraid I'd be too disappointed if I didn't get a seat in the first 5 rows lol

Be honest with me everyone because it's a big decision for me, lol, is the gift bag/dinner worth the extra money? Do your chances of being in the first 10 rows drop extremely?

One other question.......with all these pictures that have been taken at the recent shows.......did they announce that you could take pictures? I ask because I noticed on the ILAA page in the Eagles 2008 FAQ section that photos/camera's are not allowed.

The most important difference is the seat range. In 5-star you are guaranteed first 10 rows, with 4-star you are guaranteed to be somewhere in the first 20 rows.

While this presents the dismaying possibility that you could pay all that money for a 4-star and still be 20 rows back on the floor with nothing but a discount coupon and an unspecified "gift" to show for it - ugh, can you imagine?! - that usually doesn't happen. In my experience, usually you will be in the first 10. However, that's not a certainty.

Edited to add:
    I see you already know about the seat difference. Here's my humble opinion.

The dinner/gift bag/etc. is all just gravy. Nice enough, but they don't make the deal. I could get just as good of a dinner at TGI Friday's (at least, for my simple tastes. Ever try Friday's three course meal? Cheese sticks for an appetizer - chicken skillet for a main course, comes with two sides of your choice and bread - cinnamon cheesecake for dessert - yum!) I really don't have much use for an Eagles coffee thermos or the other cute items they put in there (keychain, CD holder, etc). They do have a raffle with some cool prizes but I never win those things, lol.

The real reason to buy these tickets is the guarantee of a seat in the first ten rows. If you want to be SURE you've got that seat, you get 5 star. The likelihood is good that you'll get a seat in the first 5 rows, but obviously that isn't a guarantee.

I've gotten 4 star once before and gotten 4th row. It's possible. As I said before, it's been my experience that most of the time you'll get somewhere in the first 10 rows with 4 star. The thing is... it's not guaranteed. The worst could indeed happen; you could get stuck in the 20th row, regretting your decision.

I guess the real question is... do ya feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

P.S. Buying early supposedly helps, as does being a single ticket. I bought very late for the London 5-star, but I got first row, presumably because it was just me instead of two or more people. (I was at Glenn's end of the stage, too. Happy me!)

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I would agree with Soda! I went 5 star mainly for the seats. I wanted tio be as near as possible to the boys and particularly Glenn The dinner was nice enough for me but I was lucky in that they served the kind of food I like. (TT didn't like it! ) I don't drink much so although it was on tap it didn't really make any difference. The gift was a leather bound diary - nice enough. And of course MF won an autographed cd. But it was the whole experience which made it. So if you are just looking at it financially I would take the 4-star but if you want to take in the whole experience and at least be guaranteed those front seats I would go 5 star.

Next time I go it WILL be 5-star!
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

When they had their 5-stars and 4-stars so expensive, the decision was easy for me. No way Jose could I afford those. Now that I see the price has been lowered, I am tempted to go ILAA for one show. We'll see what happens!

Same here Soda........it was a no brainer for me before they dropped the prices. Now it's still probably something I shouldn't be spending money on (I suppose bills should be the priority lol )..........but the problem is that I had 3rd row seats for Martina McBride and now I don't want to be any further back for any concerts! lol

Thanks for all the details ladies!

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

And then you still have the chance to score front row seats at the very last minute through ticketmaster!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

That's everyone's dream who can't afford ILAA tickets!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

Tell me this - am I right in thinking that with an ILAA ticket you actually do not GET THE TICKET until you arrive at the event? That would make me very nervous. What if there was some screw up You pay your 300 buckaroos or whatever and your name is not on the ticket list

You are right at a level. This is what happens.

You book your ILAA tickets and get a confirmation email that you have bought them as well as a reference number. You get another email a few days before the event confirming when/where to meet and giving you the phone no of your hostess should anything happen. The person who booked them MUST attend with photo ID on the night.

I was slightly nervous about this as I was very worried that if something untoward happened MF would have been left high and dry! However I gave her a copy of the email and would have gotten in touch with ILAA had such a thing happened.

The best thing is that as they have the tickets you can't lose them
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP