Page 33 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435 LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 348

Thread: Celebration of "Desperado"

  1. #321
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    19,815

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    I feel that this an illegitimate list. Not that anyone cares . . .
    SS – I have no problem with you disagreeing with the final results of the poll, however, I have to take issue with your assertion that the results are illegitimate. To me, illegitimacy would mean that I tallied the results unfairly or improperly as set forth in the rules that were initially established. I triple-checked my calculations, but, of course, I’m not infallible. So if anyone came up with a different result than I, I would very much appreciate your feedback and will be glad to correct any mistakes.

    However, if your objection is about the rules for conducting the poll or the end results, you are certainly free to disagree. While, I wholeheartedly disagree with the order of your list, I certainly believe it is just as legitimate as mine or any others. Likewise, if we decided to conduct a similar exercise using only 5 songs from the album, the final order of finish would still be legitimate. All this poll represents is a fun, unscientific exercise that a small number of fans on this board weighed in on - nothing more.

    In any event, hope everyone enjoyed participating. The biggest surprises to me were that Saturday Night gained 3 spots and Out of Control dropped 3 spots once the recent lists were tallied.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  2. #322
    Border Rebel Scarlet Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    where we have brought our children
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    SS – I have no problem with you disagreeing with the final results of the poll, however, I have to take issue with your assertion that the results are illegitimate. To me, illegitimacy would mean that I tallied the results unfairly or improperly as set forth in the rules that were initially established. I triple-checked my calculations, but, of course, I’m not infallible. So if anyone came up with a different result than I, I would very much appreciate your feedback and will be glad to correct any mistakes.

    However, if your objection is about the rules for conducting the poll or the end results, you are certainly free to disagree. While, I wholeheartedly disagree with the order of your list, I certainly believe it is just as legitimate as mine or any others. Likewise, if we decided to conduct a similar exercise using only 5 songs from the album, the final order of finish would still be legitimate. All this poll represents is a fun, unscientific exercise that a small number of fans on this board weighed in on - nothing more.

    In any event, hope everyone enjoyed participating. The biggest surprises to me were that Saturday Night gained 3 spots and Out of Control dropped 3 spots once the recent lists were tallied.
    My only objection was not including Doolin-Dalton (instrumental) in the final results. After all, it was very much a separate song. There was no reason to disregard it. But please don't take my objection too seriously, I very much appreciate your efforts

  3. #323
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    19,815

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Thank you and I take your point about the Doolin-Dalton instrumental being a separate song. But, it wasn't included in the poll for reasons previously given.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  4. #324
    Stuck on the Border Delilah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Long road south out of Cass County
    Posts
    3,702

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    I found this news item from 2012 related to Record Store Day. The folks at “CBS This Morning” list their favorite albums.

    1. Erica Hill - 21 by Adele
    2. Gayle King - Tapestry by Carole King
    3. Charlie Rose - Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music by Ray Charles
    4. Rebecca Jarvis - Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West
    5. Mo Rocca - Barbra Streisand, The Broadway Album
    6. John Miller - Desperado by the Eagles
    7. Chris Licht - Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
    8. Lee Woodruff - Karla Bonoff by Karla Bonoff
    9. Jeff Glor - Tommy by The Who

    https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/cbs...rite-albums/6/

    Right or wrong, what’s done is done
    It’s only moments that you borrow...

  5. #325
    Border Rebel
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    571

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Thanks, Dreamer, for your efforts! I enjoyed it!

    Delilah- Love Tapestry, Rumours, and of course, Desparado! Had a little Tommy moment around 1975, LOL

  6. #326
    Border Rebel Scarlet Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    where we have brought our children
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Thank you and I take your point about the Doolin-Dalton instrumental being a separate song. But, it wasn't included in the poll for reasons previously given.
    Could you tell me what those reasons were, or direct me to the relevant message number? Just curious

  7. #327
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Sun View Post
    Could you tell me what those reasons were, or direct me to the relevant message number? Just curious

    I'll do it because I'm here.

    I could have included the Doolin-Dalton instrumental in the original list, but decided not to because, in the past, when we did include it, it would always end up in last place. In any event, feel free to include it in your list if you like. However, I won't include it in the final tally because we all have to be ranking the same songs to get a true result.

    Page 31 of the thread, post #309.

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    So cal and Flagstaff AZ
    Posts
    114

    Cool Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    You guys really take this stuff seriously...

  9. #329
    Border Rebel Scarlet Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    where we have brought our children
    Posts
    539

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I'll do it because I'm here.

    I could have included the Doolin-Dalton instrumental in the original list, but decided not to because, in the past, when we did include it, it would always end up in last place. In any event, feel free to include it in your list if you like. However, I won't include it in the final tally because we all have to be ranking the same songs to get a true result.

    Page 31 of the thread, post #309.
    Thanks

  10. #330
    Stuck on the Border NightMistBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Randyland
    Posts
    3,758

    Default Re: Celebration of "Desperado"

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I found this news item from 2012 related to Record Store Day. The folks at “CBS This Morning” list their favorite albums.

    1. Erica Hill - 21 by Adele
    2. Gayle King - Tapestry by Carole King
    3. Charlie Rose - Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music by Ray Charles
    4. Rebecca Jarvis - Watch the Throne by Jay-Z and Kanye West
    5. Mo Rocca - Barbra Streisand, The Broadway Album
    6. John Miller - Desperado by the Eagles
    7. Chris Licht - Rumours by Fleetwood Mac
    8. Lee Woodruff - Karla Bonoff by Karla Bonoff
    9. Jeff Glor - Tommy by The Who

    https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/cbs...rite-albums/6/
    Much respect to Lee Woodruff for choosing Karla Bonoff. I had to Google John Miller - I know him by sight (and will think of Desperado every time henceforth I see him on tv). I didn't know Mo Rocca was gay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •