Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it about Don?

Default What is it about Don?

What is it about Don That makes him so HSG?

I think it is his voice, and the falsetto that makes me melt I also think it is that body and that chest hair Ooh, Sorry if I am blabbing here, Just had to put my feelings about Don

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

Default Re: What is it about Don?

Personally, I think it also has to do with his unobtainability. Like most women, we like the "bad boy"... the ones with attitude and who appear standoffish. (Yes, I'm making up words left and right) It's the way he carries himself... oh yeah, and he's pretty cute too.

You are right LTL, It's the whole bad boy thing, his stance, his attitude
    Last edited by EagleLady; 05-08-2009 at 06:15 PM.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by EagleLady View Post
    What is it about Don That makes him so HSG?

I think it is his voice, and the falsetto that makes me melt I also think it is that body and that chest hair Ooh, Sorry if I am blabbing here, Just had to put my feelings about Don
    EL, I am glad you like the falsetto which is only used in the barest handful of songs (Fast Company and the adlibs of One Of These Nights). In my opinion it is hardly a standout feature of Don's voice. When he sings in that unique, raspy, sensual tone - that is Don Henley for me.

Regarding chest hair I can honestly say that I cannot recall ever seeing a photo of Don where there is any chest hair visible. I would be pleased if you or someone else could set me straight on this.

*Edit: You can see his chest hair in the 'boat' photo during the On The Border era. That was a very long time ago.

Don is not my favourite Eagle so what I like is not necessarily the HS&G elements. I like his smile and his eyes and I like his hair when he has it cut in a flattering way. I am more attracted to his singing and songwriting talents and his outspoken views (although I don't always agree with the way he expresses those views - see 'Press' thread). He has the courage of his convictions.

Now if someone else wishes to go back to the 'HS&G' element - go ahead!

Here is a very good example of Chest Hair Julie, of course, not as impressive as Glenn's but still

There is also a bit of Falsetto on HITW Although, it's not as prominent

For me, the first thing that got me and caught my attention was his voice. I love eveything about it. He has such soul and emotion in his voice when he sings. I was completely mezmerized by it the first time I really sat down and listened to it with my complete and full attention. I love that he can hit the high notes and the way he can harmonize with the rest of the guys is just so beautiful. Also, he's not that bad looking either.

I first got into the Eagles and Don as a solo artist after watching the HFO video. That time imo was when Don was at his hottest.
    ~Jess~

Stranded "on a corner in Winslow, Arizona
    Such a fine sight to see."

Because he writes songs that make you want to reach deep down to feel and find the spirit inside. He encourages people to get up and do something for themselves and others.

He uses both voices, speaking and singing to better society as a whole. Whether it's environmental, musical or whatever else he may have his hands in.

He writes and is not afraid to speak up and say what and how he feels. He doesn't seem to cut any corners.

He's not afraid to use the word forgiveness, which is scarce in contemporary or many other musical genres. And there's a song he wrote called My Thanksgiving.

He/Eagles have been a positive part of my life since I can remember.

Oh and whenever I hear him sing, he can take my heartrate from 60-1,000 beats a minute in 2 seconds flat and make my temperature rise from lukewarm to hotter-than-hell in the same amount of time.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That voice. That's what I love most about him. It doesn't hurt that he had that sexy 'fro going back in the days of Witchy Woman and One of These Nights either.

But first and foremost, for me, it's his voice. It makes me melt.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Yep, it's that voice for me. "Golden Throat" indeed.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten