Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Vienna, Austria 10-06-2009

Default Vienna, Austria 10-06-2009

Wooooohoooo I'm back home. I had the best seat I could dream of, because I had the perfect view of Don. I wasn't able to take pictures, because my mobile phone isn't that good. I recorded Desperado, Boys of summer and Waiting in the weeds with my mobile phone. If I'll ever find my data cable I'll post it here.

The concert started at 20:00, they played 50 min and took a very short break about 10-15min and then played until the end.
    Here's for you what I remember; I don't remember all they said and I don't know what the rest of the Eagles did, because most of the time I was watching Don.

01. How long
    Glenn: Hello Vienna, we play old songs, new songs, long songs...

02. Guilty of the crime
    03. Hotel California
    04. Peaceful easy feeling
    05. I can't tell you why
    06. Witchy woman

Glenn: Don and I once wrote this next song. We wrote it quite quickly. We did everything very fast back in 1975.
    07. Lying eyes

08. Boys of summer
    After that song I decided to go to the toilet. I came across the stage at the same time Don went back to his drums. He looked sidewarts and I thought "the heck with it.....", raised my hand, waved at him and said "Hi". He smiled back at me, didn't raise his hand, though waved with his left hand raised his brows and grinned me a "Hi" back.
    Wow. At the toilet I realized that I was completely shaking and sat a little longer than planned.

Wow. Thank you Don. Thank you sooo much.
    That was more than I expected. I'm the happiest girl on earth. I will NEVER forget that moment.

09. In the city

Don: Right now we're gonna sing one more song for you, then we'll take a short break, we have a bad condition, and then we'll come back and sing for a looooooong time.
    10. The long run

BREAK

11. No more walks in the woods
    12. Waiting in the weeds

Glenn: Now we're playing the next song from the new album. It is called "track number eight".
    13. No more cloudy days

14. Love will keep us alive

Glenn: It's great to be in Vienna. Vienna, the world capitol of waltz. Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a waltz for you:
    15. Take it to the limit

BAND INTROS
    Don was sooo cute, he smiled like he was embarrased by all the noise that started after Glenn introduced him. Then he looked directly into the cam, so that the whole screen was filled with his face and I needed some fresh air after seeing his cute stubble.

16. Long road out of Eden

They shortly left the stage and came back in white shirts with their ties on and my seat neighbour said: "Oh, now it gets hotter".
    The woman on my left side asked me "Are you an Eagles fan? I saw that you know all the songs before they start singing" (I wrote the titles into my mobile phone, she saw that) I looked quite puzzled, said "Aaahm, yeeeees?!" She said: "I'm not. I'm in the wrong concert because I made a mistake at the order hotline...but I'm surprised: they are good!".

17. Walk away
    18. One of these nights
    19. Life's been good
    The only time I didn't stare at Don, because Glenn's butt was more interesting during that song (he showed us all his back a few times)

20. Dirty laundry
    21. Funk 49
    (nice bauble between Glenn and Joe)

22. Heartache tonight
    23. Life in the fast lane

Then they left the stage and the whole hall started to scream and clap.
    They came back and played

24. Take it easy
    25. Rocky mountain way
    Steuart had lots of fun with himself....he laughed and smiled the whole time during Joe's hose-play (you know what I mean, I don't know the right word for that).

26. Desperado
    I recorded Desperado with my mobile phone. Don's voice was incredible.

After they took a bow Don took his drumsticks and gave them to 3 kids.
    Glenn gave a guitar pick to someone.

But all those sticks and picks can't touch to what I got from Don that night.

*sigh* That was the best concert I've ever been to. Yes, the Beach Boys were great, I loved Kenny Rogers and Genesis were nice too. But that Eagles concert was the max. I'll never ever forget that day.

Border Desperado

Default Re: Vienna, Austria 10-06-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
    01. How long
    Glenn: Hello Vienna, we play old songs, new songs, long songs...

02. Guilty of the crime
    03. Hotel California
    04. Peaceful easy feeling
    05. I can't tell you why
    06. Witchy woman
    No I Don't Want To Hear Anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by tbsfan View Post
    No I Don't Want To Hear Anymore?
    I'm not sure. I don't think so. No Busy beeing fabulous, no Somebody and no All she wants to do is dance.

Aw, I'm so glad you had such a great time, Tessa. That acknowledgement from Don must have sent you through the roof. What a cutie!

Thanks for the great review. Sounds like the guys were all on top form.

As for Joe's messing around... you were very close! "Horse play" Although I'm pretty sure we have a few Borderers who wouldn't mind seeing some 'hose play' from him, too...!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Troub, you are SSSSSSSOOOOOOOO BBBBBAAAAAAADDDDDDD

ROTFLMAO
    I just need a little downtime.........

I know. I'm so sorry! I couldn't resist!

I meant to say, I'm disappointed Somebody isn't on the setlist because, although I like it on the album, it still doesn't 'wow' me. I've been reassured my mind will be changed upon hearing it live... I hope I get the chance to see Glenn rocking that song on stage in Birmingham!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Birmingham, how wonderful. I may be in Manchester the weekend they play there....been invited to join my daughter and her family when they go to visit my son-in-law's family (he's from there).

By the way, I just checked the Vienna papers and found the attached from the show. I'm going to back to check out some of the other newspapers online to see if I find more.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cynd1231; 06-10-2009 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Meant to include attachment
    I just need a little downtime.........

Stuck on the Border

Somebody appears to have been dropped from a couple of shows. ASWTDID has not been part of the setlist for some time and yet I see RMW has returned. Are you quite sure RMW was played after TIE?

Glad you enjoyed it, Tessa.

Cynd, that photo is from several years ago, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Are you quite sure RMW was played after TIE?
    I'm absolutely sure. The time I typed RMW into my cellphone (because I saw the tube on Joe's mic and thought they'd sing it first) TIE started.

Ha, yesterday in Vienna today on YouTube. Look what just I found (the lady who's uploading them is still awake and just put The long run online):

LITFL
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1iF6diEM3Q[/ame]

HC
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FDz-Wi3jxY[/ame]

ICTYW
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcIRwnVsfY0[/ame]

RMW
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8m9EtC09ks[/ame]

LROOE
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0KYYDHtczQ[/ame]

TLR
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfAq4PO_Jh8[/ame]