Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 232930313233
Results 321 to 329 of 329

Thread: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

  1. #321
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,588

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    25 years. Incredible. Back then I had no clue how big a part the Eagles would play in my life!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  2. #322
    Border Troubadour groupie2686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    I was a kid when this came out and I didn't become an eagles fan until many years later, but I remember my mom playing the CD (or maybe it was a tape back then!) in the car all the time. I remember being confused about the 4 different voices, how was that the same band!

  3. #323
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I was a kid when this came out and I didn't become an eagles fan until many years later, but I remember my mom playing the CD (or maybe it was a tape back then!) in the car all the time. I remember being confused about the 4 different voices, how was that the same band!


    CA - Lol ! That makes sense though. I recall an interview with Glenn back in the 80's. He called the Eagles a "faceless" band because most people did not know what they looked like as they never put their pictures on their album(except for Desperado in the cowboy gear) and did not give a lot of interviews. Back in the day I think you had to be a die hard fan to know what they all looked like. This was before MTV and 24/7 coverage. By the time HFO came along it had been almost 14 years and people forgot what they looked like but of course never forgot the songs.

  4. #324
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    19,785

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    Yeah groupie - I think the fact that they always had 4 lead vocalists is one of the things that made the Eagles so special - that is a real rarity for bands.

    And, as far as their looks in 1994, I had followed Don and Glenn throughout their solo careers, so my only real shock is that I thought they both looked the best they ever had. To me, Timothy looked pretty much the same that I remembered him from the 70's, but Joe and Felder were the most shocking to me - I hardly recognized either of them. Felder had really cleaned up and Joe went from major rock star to college professor.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  5. #325
    Border Desperado Elle81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    out beyond the Salt Flats
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    I was finally able to buy this album. I've loved it since it was released and just could never afford it. However last week while at Walmart, I saw this on their discount rack. I gasped and said very loudly "No Fucking Way!" I almost started to cry. So hell yes I paid the eleven dollars for it. 27 long years, and now I finally have a copy.

  6. #326
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,588

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    Congratulations - enjoy!

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  7. #327
    Border Desperado Elle81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Location
    out beyond the Salt Flats
    Posts
    225

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Congratulations - enjoy!
    Thanks! I will.

  8. #328
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    Yeah groupie - I think the fact that they always had 4 lead vocalists is one of the things that made the Eagles so special - that is a real rarity for bands.

    And, as far as their looks in 1994, I had followed Don and Glenn throughout their solo careers, so my only real shock is that I thought they both looked the best they ever had. To me, Timothy looked pretty much the same that I remembered him from the 70's, but Joe and Felder were the most shocking to me - I hardly recognized either of them. Felder had really cleaned up and Joe went from major rock star to college professor.
    Dreamer - I agree. I was literally shocked when I saw Don F. in the Travis T. video - I could not believe he was the same guy ! The only looks I did not like on Don & Glenn were when Don had that very long hair and Glenn's crewcut. Compared to what Joe looked like a few years before, he looked amazing. I had no idea he wore glasses - lol ! I thought Tim pretty much looked the same. I thought they all looked great considering their 70's life style.

  9. #329
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    19,785

    Default Re: Celebration of "Hell Freezes Over"!

    Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    I thought they all looked great considering their 70's life style.
    Amen! That's the bottom line, ain't it?

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •