Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Date for Eagles New Album

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Date for Eagles New Album

I was checking out the website for an Eagles tribute band called Spread Eagles. I was reading along and it says on their website that the new album will be released in the fall of 2007. I have no idea if it is reliable information or where they got the information, but I wouldn't be surprized if this isn't right. Since there have been no announcements about tour dates, I bet the new tour won't start until summer of next year. If we don't get some announcement within the first couple weeks in January, the tour may be pushed even later. I think the concert tickets usually go on sale approximately 6 months prior to the shows. Here is the link to the site:

http://www.eaglestributeband.com/hi_index.htm

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Interesting. One would hope they would be able to release it soon enough to tour in their 35th anniversary year, although I suppose they could squeeze it into the last few months of 2007 if the album is released in the fall. I guess we just have to wait and see!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Wasn't it originally rumoured to be coming out in the spring? I do hope it's not going to be pushed back even further. Thanks for the link, dreamer. We have a local tribute band called Talon. I've never heard them, but see posters about them from time to time.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Thanks for the link dreamer. At this point i'm not beleiving any 'rumours' or "unofficial' statements.... I will wait for the official press release from the band. I have heard all this a few too many time before

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

When we were at Glenn's shows at Rama or Atlantic City (I think it was AC) in July, Scott Crago told one of the girls in Tim's Feed the Fire fan club that the new album would probably be out in February (2007). At this point, I'm like timfan - I'll believe the album/tour information only when an official announcement is made from the band.

And GEF, I went to see another Eagles tribute band called Hotel California this past August or September. They were pretty good. I told Nancy that one day I'd do a "review" and post it on the board. I will try to do that soon.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Thanks for the link, dreamer. There is so much speculation. I heard on Capital Gold not long ago that the album would be ready by the end of this year, which is obviously untrue. Like you ladies said, we won't know until there is a something official released about it.

Stuck on the Border EasyFeeling's Avatar

Exactly. I don't believe anything until I get my hands on it.

Default Re: Date for New Album

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer
    I was checking out the website for an Eagles tribute band called Spread Eagles. I was reading along and it says on their website that the new album will be released in the fall of 2007. I have no idea if it is reliable information or where they got the information, but I wouldn't be surprized if this isn't right. Since there have been no announcements about tour dates, I bet the new tour won't start until summer of next year. If we don't get some announcement within the first couple weeks in January, the tour may be pushed even later. I think the concert tickets usually go on sale approximately 6 months prior to the shows. Here is the link to the site:

http://www.eaglestributeband.com/hi_index.htm

I admit when you first posted this I wasn't too sure that these guys really had anything but speculation. However, based on what GEF heard Joe say on the radio, it sounds like these guys knew what they were talking about!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

I just read that an "inside source" at Walmart is reporting a release date of May 1 for the new Eagles album!

Hooray!!

Stuck on the Border

And there are 12 songs. Quite frankly if there are only 12 I hope they are all new. I don't really want half this album to consist of what I have already heard.