Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario,CA May 22nd.

Default Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario,CA May 22nd.

I am dying! This is too good to be true. My prayers for the Eagles to play the new concert venue that opened last year only 3 miles from my front door have been answered. What a rush! And, it's going to be on a Saturday night, May 22nd, too.

Presale is Monday, March 1st. Don't expect much as it will be an AMEX generic presale but the good news is when the tixs go on sale I can go to the box office and hopefully get a better seat. OMG!

As an aside: Yesterday on the Mark & Brian show they tried calling Irving Azoff to settle an argument they were having with another member of their morning radio team, Frank Sontag, to find out if the Hotel California album cover was shot at the Beverly Hills Hotel or at the old Camarillo State (Mental) Hospital on Channel Island-it's now a college. They never got him on the phone but it made for high drama. While they were waiting to see if they could get Irving on the phone Kelly, the lone female jock, suggested they get Timmy on the phone since he is such a big fan of their show.

I love LA. Finally the boys are back in town for a long seige.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Default Re: Citizens Business Bank Arena, Ontario,CA May 22nd.

That's great! I didn't see this one announced - thanks for the heads-up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

It's on their offical web-site so it must be so. I'm hoping they don't sell ILAA VIP tixs-so far they haven't listed them. Keeping my fingers crossed.

The venue is a great place to see a concert. Way smaller than the Bowl or even the Honda Center and get this-parking is free-imagine that. I saw REO Speedwagon there last May. Very few steps to the floor so you don't have to worry about making an emergency run to the B-room or spilling your beer on the way back. Security was really cool. Nothing between you and the stage either. I am so there!

Caarol-Lynn

Thrilled for you, Carol-Lynn. Sounds like a fab venue!

you better put it all behind you, baby, 'cause life goes on
    you keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside--

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by carol7lynn View Post
    I am dying! This is too good to be true. My prayers for the Eagles to play the new concert venue that opened last year only 3 miles from my front door have been answered. What a rush! And, it's going to be on a Saturday night, May 22nd, too.

Presale is Monday, March 1st. Don't expect much as it will be an AMEX generic presale but the good news is when the tixs go on sale I can go to the box office and hopefully get a better seat. OMG!

As an aside: Yesterday on the Mark & Brian show they tried calling Irving Azoff to settle an argument they were having with another member of their morning radio team, Frank Sontag, to find out if the Hotel California album cover was shot at the Beverly Hills Hotel or at the old Camarillo State (Mental) Hospital on Channel Island-it's now a college. They never got him on the phone but it made for high drama. While they were waiting to see if they could get Irving on the phone Kelly, the lone female jock, suggested they get Timmy on the phone since he is such a big fan of their show.

I love LA. Finally the boys are back in town for a long seige.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal
    It's the Beverly Hills Hotel, whifch I thought was common knowledge.

Freypower,

Seems there is an urban legend here in SoCal that the pix was shot at a now closed state mental institution. One caller said both her parents worked there and they were actually present when the photo was shot. Another guy claimed he used to ride his bycycle near the hospital and swore it was the setting for the album cover. It made for high drama while we all waited, for over an hour, to hear from Irving-who never called in by the way. They probably shot both places then decided on the BHH.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

I'm starting to panic. The Eagles have pulled the date from their web-site but LiveNation is now advertising it. Keeping my fingers crossed. Say it ain't so Joe!

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Hmm! Strange! Sure hope it comes off.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    Hmm! Strange! Sure hope it comes off.

You and me both Nancy!

I called the venue and they don't know anything. Not surprised. I then chatted on-line with a LiveNation rep who assured me that they were "indeed playing there." We'll see.

I remember a similar thing happening last year for the REO/Styxx/38 Special Show. They listed the venue, i.e., Citizens Business Bank, then out of the clear blue sky the listing mysteriously disappeared only to reappear after tickets went on sale for the band's Nokia LA Live show. They're both AEG venues-as is Staples. I'm wondering if the Eagles are in negotiations to also play Staples or the Nokia too. They did multiple shows during their Cali 2005 tour at both the Honda Center and Staples so we will see. I'm just glad there are other venues other than the Bowl.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

I googled the Camarillo State Mental Hospital and got these...

Scroll down to "In movies and music".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camaril...ental_Hospital

http://www.cshemployees.com/

It sure doesn't look like Hotel California... Wiki must be closer to the truth.
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.