Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vancouver, May, 9 2010

Default Vancouver, May, 9 2010

Last edited by Koala; 07-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.
    "For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: Vancouver, May, 9 2010

How nice for the writer that he got his Seinfeld kick.

Good GRIEF.

I wish these papers would find an actual Eagles fan to send to the concerts....

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I Volunteer!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koala View Post

Schmit, whose long hair looks like it hasn't been cut since Jimmy Carter was President, sang I Don't Want to Hear Anymore before Joe Walsh took over vocal duties for Guilty of the Crime. Both made a case for why Henley and Frey should do most of the lead work for the Eagles.

Mr. Schmit redeemed himself somewhat on I Can't Tell You Why, but both times he sang in the opening stanza — and this is probably more indicative of the dated sound of the two songs — one almost expected a slo-mo montage from Love Story to appear on the three big-screens behind and beside the stage.

Walsh's high-pitched, nasally voice worked better on tracks like Life Is Good, but he remains much more enjoyable to listen to on guitar.

One of the highlights of the second set was Henley's Dirty Laundry, just another song in a lengthy list showcasing his stellar songwriting skills. And still as timely as ever too.

So can there be too much Eagles? Probably. But you can't fault a band for over-delivering.

Are you kidding me? At least get the flippin' titles of the songs right! So glad Henley was there to save the day once again!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Mr. Schmit redeemed himself somewhat on I Can't Tell You Why, but both times he sang in the opening stanza — and this is probably more indicative of the dated sound of the two songs — one almost expected a slo-mo montage from Love Story to appear on the three big-screens behind and beside the stage
    What does that part mean?
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Thumbs down Re: Vancouver, May, 9 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    What does that part mean?
    It means the guy can't write. LOL! What I mean is it doesn't make sense. Of course TBS sang the opening stanzas and the verse and the chorus. It's his song. What a dimwit.

He obviously doesn't like "silly love songs" or TBS for that matter. But as McCartney replied and I too reply, "...what's wrong with that, I'd like to know?"

And, the crack about his hair was just all wrong.

Carol-Lynn
    SoCalGal

Out on the Border

Schmit, whose long hair looks like it hasn't been cut since Jimmy Carter was President, sang I Don't Want to Hear Anymore before Joe Walsh took over vocal duties for Guilty of the Crime. Both made a case for why Henley and Frey should do most of the lead work for the Eagles.

Mr. Schmit redeemed himself somewhat on I Can't Tell You Why, but both times he sang in the opening stanza — and this is probably more indicative of the dated sound of the two songs — one almost expected a slo-mo montage from Love Story to appear on the three big-screens behind and beside the stage.

Oh, those are fightin' words, Mister Reporter! Don't worry, Timmy, fellow Borderers and I have your back!! Obviously this guy is just jealous of the way TBS probably had every woman in the arena swooning.

Stuck on the Border luvthelighthouse's Avatar

I found this review

So can there be too much Eagles? Probably.

This is a very rare reviewer that dislikes Timothy's vocals... which are always spot on!

Follow Borders... can there be too much Ealges? I don't think so!

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Too much Eagles? that's like too much Chocolate or too much summer... no.. no such thing *G*