Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Eagles In Sydney, Australia, 30/11 & 2/12 -6-7/12/10

Stuck on the Border

Default Eagles In Sydney, Australia, 30/11 & 2/12 -6-7/12/10

(NB: there are 3 dates at the Entertainment Centre but I have only listed the ones I am attending. The dates are written in 'Australian' English with the day & then the month).

I know this forum is normally for when shows are announced but I thought I would start a separate thread from the 'Eagles in Australia' one just to emphasise it.

What shows are you going to? Wanna express your pre-concert excitement? Here's the place!

For a start, because it has been six years, I am very nervous about it. It has been so long that I can't remember what it's like. I have read all the reviews by other Borderers and envied them without actuallly envisaging myself in this position once more.

I want to take the camera & turn the flash off but I don't want to get into trouble. I am worried about that. More than anything else though I am nervous about being front row centre even though this is precisely where I want to be (at Acer Arena I am front row Joe's side, then second row Joe's side). In the unlikely event I receive any recognition the first night, will I be embarrassed the second night if it happens again? Do I try & look like I'm enjoying myself or just stare dumbly with my mouth open? The fact is I am terrified of doing the wrong thing. This will be THE LAST TIME, I think.

I am already prepared for the fact that musically and from a personal viewpoint these shows may not be as satisfying as the 2004 shows were. While I expect to enjoy the new songs which I haven't seen, there will still be some what I consider inexplicable omissions while songs I have already seen often enough are persisted with. I don't want to feel that way because I think it's wrong. I really want to avoid being disappointed.

The other thing is it is a big deal for me that this tour is being attended only by me as a representative of this board & I don't want to let you all down. I know that for most people Australia is a dot on a map & doesn't register in their consciousness, but I can tell you that it is important for us to have the band here & I hope we give them the reception they deserve. If the newspaper reviews are not positive, I hope you don't take that as a general reflection of audience response.

The waiting is the hardest part. Now it's nearly over.

Default Re: Eagles In Sydney, Australia, 30/11 & 2/12 -6-7/12/10

Aw Julie, I feel for you! That's the most vulnerable post I've ever read from you. I can't help you with the camera dilemma. I never take a camera, mostly because I don't want to be bothered. But I love benefitting from those who do.

I've never thought about being recognized by the band two nights in a row because I've never had the pleasure of attending that often, but I certainly wouldn't worry about it. Remember, you are exactly who they enjoy playing for - a true fan who knows and enjoys their music. I would think they would think it was great to see someone two nights in a row. Oh and by the way, staring dumbly with your mouth open is perfectly acceptable, but at some point you probably should look like you're enjoying yourself! (That was so cute.)

You've mentioned before your fear of being disappointed by not hearing as many new songs as you would like. I think you feel exactly the opposite of most concertgoers. People usually want to hear the ones they know well - the ones they've heard on the radio for years and grown up with. You pretty much know what the set list is going to be. You know songs have been dropped that you wanted to hear. Just don't overthink it too much. Get caught up in the music and just enjoy.

I am thrilled for you that the Eagles are finally coming back to Australia. As a huge fan you will appreciate them more than most. Don't worry about disappointing us. Just remember every single detail and report back ASAP!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Julie, I know how excited you are,to see the Eagles after 6 long years, finally, again!
    Enjoy it!
    I'm really happy for you, that you able to see / hear so many concerts!
    Can’t wait to hear EVERYTHING!

"For the record, we never broke up, we just took a 14-year vacation!"
    (Glenn Frey)

Julie, don't worry about a thing. Just ENJOY YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    I want to take the camera & turn the flash off but I don't want to get into trouble. I am worried about that.
    Bring it with you but if you don't feel comfortable using it, leave it alone. Don't stress yourself out trying to get photos when you should be enjoying the show.

More than anything else though I am nervous about being front row centre even though this is precisely where I want to be (at Acer Arena I am front row Joe's side, then second row Joe's side). In the unlikely event I receive any recognition the first night, will I be embarrassed the second night if it happens again? Do I try & look like I'm enjoying myself or just stare dumbly with my mouth open? The fact is I am terrified of doing the wrong thing. This will be THE LAST TIME, I think.
    I understand how it can cause anxiety when you know you're so visible to the band and specifically your hero, but if you are obviously enjoying yourself, they will certainly appreciate it. So let yourself get into the music that you love and let it show on your face and all will be well!

The other thing is it is a big deal for me that this tour is being attended only by me as a representative of this board & I don't want to let you all down.
    Have fun and share a bit of your joy with us, and we'll be satisfied.

I am so excited for you!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Julie! I know how much you are hyping yourself up to this and that it is a VERY big deal for you. However I too would advise you to just get out there and have the time of your life. Enjoy the music and do what you feel is right on the night wrt taking pictures. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time, and all the better if you DO get some recognition from Glenn .

And since WHEN have we ever taken the word of the newspapers over our own true Borderers. I know it will be brilliant!

ROCK ON JULIE!!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I will reiterate what everyone else has told you----Just enjoy yourself. The guys will love that and appreciate it more than anything else.

While we all here will appreciate any pictures you take and share and a review, we want you to have a fun time more than anything else.

Last but not least....
    If the newspaper reviews are not positive, I hope you don't take that as a general reflection of audience response.
    You actually have wondered about that?!? Like we give a crap what the newspaper reviewers have to say! Yes it makes us angry but we all know that most those reviewers haven't a clue what it's like to be a true Eagles fan. If you tell us it's great, I KNOW it's great!

Now start counting down, wondering what you will wear and ENJOY YOURSELF!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for your thoughts. I will take the advice of all of you.

I know what some of the merchandise will look like as I got an email from the official store; I'm getting the tote bag free as part of the VIP package. I will also get a notebook, pen & LROOE, each night. So spares will be available to anyone who is interested.

http://clicks1.musictoday.com/cts/cl...uIRQroKA%3D%3D

I have a POT T shirt I intend to wear on Tuesday night because it's fairly distinctive but on the other nights I will probably wear Eagles T shirts. The one advertising the Nokia shows in 2007 - I doubt there will be anyone else wearing that one.

I wonder if they have arrived yet?

Stuck on the Border tequila girl's Avatar

Ooooh, I'm getting all excited for you!
    ~Carole~

There is no more new frontier - we have got to make it here

One of the highlights of my concert-going life was my "Summer of 2008 Stalking Tour" as my friends/family called it. I got to see the guys 3 times in about 4 weeks. One show was 5th row by Joe, and I got some real feedback from him. Then, a week later I was 2nd row right in front of him. Somebody at my m&g had told me that they do remember people. I don't know, but Joe seems to. At that show he started a couple notes to the opening of Walk Away and before I knew it, I was up and screaming YEAH!! and he walked over to the edge of the stage with his frowny-jammin' face and played right to ME. It was totally outstanding...I remember being totally freaked out and trying to take it all in at the same time.
    One slight problem was a drunk chick who'd paid big$$ for front row. She was all dressed to the nines, screaming at Joe to get his attention. She didn't appreciate me. It didn't matter, I was estatic!! Nobody could have brought me down at that moment. I'll never forget it, I'm guessing you won't either. Just ENJOY this once in a lifetime oppurtunity. It's gonna be great fun and work out perfectly.
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5084/5316660629_4a27633c34.jpg
    Good morning my ...
    ~Deb~