Page 187 of 273 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197237 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,870 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

  1. #1861
    Border Rebel Midnight Visitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bandon, OR
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Nope not Jackson, definitely someone that worked for their road crew. Road manager or something like that. His name is unknown to me.

    I love that documentary so much. It's extremely well done. I think I've watched the first part 6 times already. The 2nd part at least 3. I wish the whole concert was there on the 3rd disc. Only 45 mins. are there. I would have given anything for the full show!

    Great to hear the story told by them. Also, great to see how well Joe is doing! I have no idea why but I beam with pride when he comes across so wise.

    Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

  2. #1862
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    20,204

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Also, great to see how well Joe is doing! I have no idea why but I beam with pride when he comes across so wise.
    Aww - spoken like a true fan. I feel kind of the same way. It makes me happy to see any of the guys in this band shine.

    I'm not sure who that is at the beginning of the documentary either, but I would also guess it is someone on the road crew as well.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  3. #1863
    Stuck on the Border Prettymaid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Somewhere out on that horizon
    Posts
    11,245

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Great to hear the story told by them. Also, great to see how well Joe is doing! I have no idea why but I beam with pride when he comes across so wise.
    I know what you mean too. I think it's because Joe has always acted like such a dufus, dressing in wacky clothes and talking like he's stoned or drunk...now all of a sudden Joe is the best dressed Eagle (my opinion), and he comes across as very zen in the doc. What Joe fan wouldn't be proud?
    ~ Cathy ~

    And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

  4. #1864
    Border Troubadour
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,462

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    It made me smile throughout the doc when you had instances like Long Beach being discussed: Felder and Frey were both noticeably edgy, Henley I don't think said too much, Timothy was being all sweet and innocent and then Joe Walsh just passed random comments in his laid back, not a care in the world manner. This is going to sound awful as I know his voice and whatever is a consequence of all his rough dealings earlier in his career, but that and his body language has given him a really nice air and makes him such a cool bloke to listen to. It was the same when he did an interview with Glenn on an English TV show a while back (The One Show) and Glenn was as articulate and well-spoken as possible and Joe just kept chipping in with totally random, off the wall answers and you could tell none of the presenters knew what he was on about. I agree it's wonderful to see him looking in such good health now (I wasn't around in the 70s and 80s so never saw him at his worst) and still rocking out like the best of them. I just wish the same could be said for Mr. Meisner, it was really heartbreaking to see him looking so unwell in the HOTE.

  5. #1865
    Stuck on the Border shunlvswx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Jackson, MS
    Posts
    5,767

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    I was watching a video of Joe on YouTube. It was when he did Whose Line and people were talking about is Joe drunk. Is he high? I'm like he talks like this all the time people. Sober or not.

    Also. I was one of the people who was very annoyed with his singing and talking voice, but I've gotten use to it and his voice was actually nice to listen to in the documentary. It was like he was speaking in his regular voice.

    I'm starting to love Joe. He's becoming one of my favorite Eagle behind Don Henley. He's such a sweet loveable guy. He's also a cutie. I just want to hang with him all day. I want him to teach how to play the guitar. Its like he turned his life around and he's not taking it for granted. He's happy. With all the marriages he's been in, he's now happy. Majorie probably found the good in Joe. I would definitely buy his book if he ever wrote on.

    What amaze me about Joe is. He's almost 66 and this guy doesn't act his age. He can still rock and play a mean guitar at 65.

    I'm agree, PM. Joe is the best dress of the guys. His t-shirts be soo funny. One of them had Frankenstein on it.
    Last edited by shunlvswx; 09-25-2013 at 09:58 PM.

  6. #1866
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    Nope not Jackson, definitely someone that worked for their road crew. Road manager or something like that. His name is unknown to me.

    I love that documentary so much. It's extremely well done. I think I've watched the first part 6 times already. The 2nd part at least 3. I wish the whole concert was there on the 3rd disc. Only 45 mins. are there. I would have given anything for the full show!

    Great to hear the story told by them. Also, great to see how well Joe is doing! I have no idea why but I beam with pride when he comes across so wise.
    Did you enjoy the part where Glenn Frye badgers, humiliates and insults three of his colleagues into quitting or being fired? I personally think this documentary is heart breaking.

  7. #1867
    Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA
    Posts
    20,204

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Heartattack - You have posted only twice on this board and both posts were argumentative and designed to start a confrontation. That's not what this board is about. This is a fan board and while members are free express their opinions in a respectful manner, repeatedly bashing the band or any of it's members is not cool here. Thanks.

    "People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

  8. #1868
    Border Rebel Midnight Visitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bandon, OR
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    I've read Don Felder's book. I know what you're talking about it. I'm sorry this upsets you. To be honest in each circumstance I can see both sides of the argument. It's not pretty. I also understand that it's Glenn's band. By the time you've reached my age you understand that human relations are fragile. Especially close relations where you work with the same people for extended amounts of time. Getting along with your fellow man is one of the most difficult things on earth to do. So how do I feel about what happened w/Felder, Randy & Bernie? Sh*t happens. Such is life. Hopefully EVERYONE learns from their mistakes. Bernie seems to have let it go. Yay Bernie!

    P.S. I mostly focus on Joe anyway. He's the good and the nice.

    Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

  9. #1869
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Visitor View Post
    I've read Don Felder's book. I know what you're talking about it. I'm sorry this upsets you. To be honest in each circumstance I can see both sides of the argument. It's not pretty. I also understand that it's Glenn's band. By the time you've reached my age you understand that human relations are fragile. Especially close relations where you work with the same people for extended amounts of time. Getting along with your fellow man is one of the most difficult things on earth to do. So how do I feel about what happened w/Felder, Randy & Bernie? Sh*t happens. Such is life. Hopefully EVERYONE learns from their mistakes. Bernie seems to have let it go. Yay Bernie!

    P.S. I mostly focus on Joe anyway. He's the good and the nice.
    Agreed. I think the second or third time I saw the documentary and then read a negative comment somewhere about how horrible Glenn is, or controlling Henley is, I thought to myself: Thank GOD every single mistake I made was not out there for public consumption, especially those that I made in my 20's. Every single one of us has been sh!tty to our co-workers or family. Every single one of us has had an argument where we were partly right (or wrong) and the other party was partly right (or wrong). As you say, sh!t happens, life happens.

  10. #1870
    Border Rebel Midnight Visitor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Bandon, OR
    Posts
    813

    Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

    Quote Originally Posted by Kamie View Post
    Agreed. I think the second or third time I saw the documentary and then read a negative comment somewhere about how horrible Glenn is, or controlling Henley is, I thought to myself: Thank GOD every single mistake I made was not out there for public consumption, especially those that I made in my 20's. Every single one of us has been sh!tty to our co-workers or family. Every single one of us has had an argument where we were partly right (or wrong) and the other party was partly right (or wrong). As you say, sh!t happens, life happens.
    Amen!! Let's celebrate reality! Truth is, none of that stuff is any of our business. I'm 45 and still making mistakes daily when it comes to dealing with others. And yes, thank God, my mistakes aren't in the public eye.

    Wintertime is a razor blade that the devil made
    It's the price we pay for the summertime - J.W. '69

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •