Hello,

I don't post often here but I thought this group would appreciate this story. I'm reading a book by Susan Hamilton called Hit Woman. Her claim to fame was she ran one of the most successful jingle companies around.

There is a chapter called "One of Those Nights". She tells a story of recording a beer commercial with Glenn Fry in the 80's. She is taken all over LA the first night she gets there at the insistence of the client and ends up in a undisclosed club with the group including Glenn. At one point she has a heart to heart conversation with him and he admits he's not interested in any of the pretty girls around them. He's more interested in a woman who's going to make him cinnamon toast in the morning, sit across from him with no make up on and ask him how his day went. And then he asked her "Do you make cinnamon toast by any chance?"

Her experience recording with him in the studio went very well. She proved to him that she knew was she was doing and he taught her some new helpful techniques on editing which he credited as learning from Don.

The last night she was there he took her out to Dan Tana's for dinner. As they were in the booth talking a strange look came over his face. He looked over her shoulder and said "what is that" pointing to a potted plant behind them. Tucked away in the potted plant was a wrapped package. the package was a large bottle of Joy perfume with a note that said "It was a joy to work with you. Glenn"

Very cool.