Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Don and Glenn give Billboard Interview

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Don and Glenn give Billboard Interview

Billboard has a great interview with Don and Glenn posted on their site. It gives a lot a good information about the new album. Here is the link:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/featu..._id=1003658087

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

HOLY CRAP, he was inspired to do How Long from the You Tube video?!!

I PUT UP THAT YOU TUBE VIDEO.

Me, Nancy Kerns, aka "DevastationTrail" (account now deactivated). I first created the account to put up the Jackson Browne videos from the Kirshner special (hence the Browne/Eagles lyric phrase, which I thought sounded pretty cool). I got a high-quality version of How Long a several months ago in a trade, and as I'd never seen a good version of it up anywhere, I uploaded it to YouTube.

I have to admit it was my fault that YouTube took it down. I accidentally let my hotmail account expire which was attached to the YouTube account, and since the e-mail was dead, it violated the terms of service, and they jerked down ALL of the videos I had uploaded, which by that time were quite a few. BOO!!!

After that, I uploaded it as a permanent download to the site.

I haven't admitted to posting videos to YouTube before because I was a bit nervous about how "the powers that be" might think about it, but it seems Glenn is fine with it. Besides, I just can't keep this to myself!!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Wow, Soda that is so exciting. I'm so happy for you. Its a pity the account expired. And imagine it was Cindy who saw the song's potential as a remake! Well Done! I feel so humble compared to you.

I thought the interview itself was very good and refreshingly honest.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Oh, no need to feel humble GA, all I did was put a video on YouTube just like millions of other people do every day. Fortune simply smiled upon me for some reason!

The interviews are terrific and I love all the information they give. I'm just eating this up!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

That is totally freakin' cool, Nanc! Hmmm - I wonder what I can do to inspire Glenn ...

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Nancy, you must be so thrilled, too bad the Eagles will never know from whence their inspiration came.

Great interviews, thanks for posting them.

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Good grief! Very, very cool, Nancy! You should be very proud! Had Glenn's kids not seen your video, we probably would not be seeing the new HL today!

Wonderful interviews! Thanks dreamer!

These are my two favorite parts and Don and Glenn said pretty much the same thing!:

Don:
    At the end of the day, we agonized for two or three years how we were going to make an album that was going to be modern and cool and cutting edge, and finally we said "To hell with it, we are just going to be the Eagles. We are just going to do what we do."

Glenn:
    We are just the Eagles and we make these records and we wrote these songs and we put them out and people are allowed to pick up on what they like or what appeals to them.

I just love you guys!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Default Youtube video

How cool does it sound to say something like "oh yeah, this song was heard by Glenn's wife after I posted it on YouTube. It inspired him to record it for the first single off their new album."

Ok, I know you wouldn't dream of doing something silly like that, but well done! Even though your contribution to LROOE may never be known by the Eagles, you'll always know......and so will we hehehehe! Seriously, that is so freaking awesome Nancy!
    I possess the silver bullets to slay the demons from my past. How do I know? Because I survived them-and I am already stronger than I believe.

Nancy, I am SO glad you posted that clip on YouTube. You actually had a hand in a little piece of Eagle history! That is unbelievable!

Quote Originally Posted by Brooke
    These are my two favorite parts and Don and Glenn said pretty much the same thing!:

Don:
    At the end of the day, we agonized for two or three years how we were going to make an album that was going to be modern and cool and cutting edge, and finally we said "To hell with it, we are just going to be the Eagles. We are just going to do what we do."

Glenn:
    We are just the Eagles and we make these records and we wrote these songs and we put them out and people are allowed to pick up on what they like or what appeals to them.
    Those are two of my favorite quotes from those articles too, Brooke. They are "just the Eagles"--and we love them that way!

Stuck on the Border

How very very cool, Nancy! You have every right to be excited! I would be having a freakin' heart attack if it was me!