Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eagles Feature in The Cape Argus (Capetonian publication)

Default Eagles Feature in The Cape Argus (Capetonian publication)

I didn't know where to put this piece of news, which is especially significant for me, so I thought I'd post a new topic. At long last, The Eagles have featured in an article in one of our local daily newspapers, The Cape Argus, on 7 November (a day after Glenn's birthday!). They published a gorgeous picture of Glenn and Don, taken after they received an award from the RIAA certifying that their "The Greatest Hits" album is the biggest seller yet in the US, with 26 million copies sold.

The accompanying article was about their having released a new album, and it featured an interview with Don, interspersed with narrative about The Eagles' career. Below that article is a smaller one about The Eagles reaching number 1 for the first time in the UK.

I would post a scan of the article if I could, but for a taster, check out my new avatar!

I've got a peaceful, easy feeling
    And I know Glenn won't let me down

Cool that they got an article! If you need help posting your scan, let me know.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

That's great Mrs. F that you actually got something about the band on a local level! I know you are pleased!
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

MF, what a treat, at last, recognised where you live! It's been exciting reading about them over here too, and hearing about them on the radio. This week I've heard How Long and No More Cloudy Days. Bliss!!

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Thank you for sending the scan over to me MF and that lovely pic of Glenn He looks fantastic as always. I'd no problem saving that, but unfortunately I can't get my computer to open the article. It keeps telling me that the attachment 'doesn't have a programme associated with it' and tells me to create one For me an easier task would be to learn fluent Greek in a week!
    But thanks anyway. I know how exciting it was for you to have an article in your local paper. and to see some recognition of The Eagles in your country.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Thanks for your support, everyone!

I happened to be sitting on the train on my way home from work, and a man who was reading the newspaper was sitting on the opposite side of the train. These eyes of mine don't miss much, so as I was looking around while I was listening to my mp3 player (Glenn was probably caressing my ears at the time, too), I spotted Glenn's face as the gentleman was turning a page. I was so excited, but for a moment I doubted what I had seen. "Turn the page again, turn the page again," I thought. After an agonisingly long time (probably 5 minutes, LOL), he did, and I saw both Glenn and Don, and my heart skipped a beat.

I had a silly grin on my face all the way home, and couldn't wait to read the accompanying article (we subscribe to the newspaper). It's about time, I thought. South Africa wakes up to The Eagles' magic!

Soda, I will give Photobucket one more try, and if I don't come right then I will give you a shout! I can't access all websites at work.

Thank you!!

Woo hoo hoo! I've finally managed to work with Photobucket! Here are scans of the (rather large) article in the Cape Argus of 7 November 2007:

I hope you can all read it! It's the best scan I can do (I asked a colleague to do it for me)!

Don't Glenn and Don look stunning?

Wow--talk about big smiles!

Thanks for posting that - I've never seen that photo before!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Yes, two very happy boys in the pic MF! I managed to read the interview as well. Very good. Pity Glenn didn't get a comment in!
    Congratulations on being able to access Photobucket at last
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP