Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123
Results 1,221 to 1,224 of 1224

Thread: What's Happening In Your Life?

Stuck on the Border

Default Re: What's Happening In Your Life?

Kim, I hope your infection clears up soon. It's shocking that a tooth infection has done all this damage to you. You've worked so hard to get your education that I'm sure you will get though (and it sounds like the professors will make sure you do, too).

Shun, congratulations on the promotion and the successful eye operation.

Elle, I hope you are able to focus on your priorities and ignore the other annoyances.
    "Billy, whoever writes the songs, wins."

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Kim, I hope your infection clears up soon. It's shocking that a tooth infection has done all this damage to you. You've worked so hard to get your education that I'm sure you will get though (and it sounds like the professors will make sure you do, too).

Shun, congratulations on the promotion and the successful eye operation.

Elle, I hope you are able to focus on your priorities and ignore the other annoyances.
    Thanks, UTW. I'm trying to. It's all good, though. Karma will eventually come around and give those who deserve it a heaping spooonful.

So I went to the doctor today and found out I have carpal tunnel in not one, but both hands! So now I'm wearing braces on both wrists. But hey, at least I actually got to see a member of my medical staff (last time, who I saw was a member of the urgent care staff) And we discussed carpal tunnel surgery and long term treatment like physical therapy.

I quit my job at Amazon. Too much bullshit and drama there. I would constantly get barked at by the supervisor, even though I do the job right. But she wouldn't fire this one guy who would half ass his job, and was constantly on his phone instead of working. I swear she is bipolar because she would snap at me and then turn around and say nice things. She plays favorites with some of the workers and yells at the rest. Back on Wednesday, she pointed to my wrist braces and said (in a tone that reminded me of Nurse Ratched from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest) "If this is going to be a problem, I'm going to need written proof from your doctor of what you can and can't do"
    Umm...my doctor pretty much told me to stop doing work that required using my hands. So I quit on Thursday and on Friday I talked to my temp agency and discussed filing for worker's compensation, considering that I got injured on the job. The temp agency said the worker's comp would pay for surgery and physical therapy. So that's good.

At least I won't be unemployed for too long. My old boss at the security job texted me and asked if I wanted to work a six day event at the convention center starting on Monday. I said hell yes, I miss working for them. And now with Salt Lake opening things back up, there will be a whole bunch of events for us to work.