Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

  1. #11
    Border Rebel Pippinwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    It's also available on Spotify. Pretty good stuff.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    When Glenn came to the UK in 1992, he played shows in London and Dublin. The Dublin show was released as an official video.

    I remember listening to a lengthy radio interview Glenn did with Nicky Horne at the time. Nicky also did the Eagles, mighty Long Road Out Of Eden exclusive for Gold Radio in 2007. I don't remember much content but Nicky commented on how much Glenn had changed since the mid seventies, 3rd Encore era and played Soul Searching. Glenn said he'd done plenty of Soul Searching during a lengthy period of recuperation from surgery, after the Soul Searching album was released, which explains why he didn't tour to promote that album.

    I just put
    Glenn Frey interview 1992
    in Google at it looks like he did quite a few interviews while promoting his Strange Weather album.

    Here's one with Lloyd Bradley for the Independent from, just over, 25 years ago;

    http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...s-1530716.html

  3. #13
    Administrator sodascouts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Where Faulkner collides with Elvis
    Posts
    33,588

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    If anyone wanted to listen to this in full, here's the YouTube link for the playlist under the Glenn Frey - Topic channel:

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a19s8MkZv1tbkw

    I thought it was kind of strange that this gets released now (within the last year). It's on Spotify too under Glenn Frey. Are any of these audio snippets part of Soda's collection on GlennFreyOnline.com ?
    No, I don't have that interview.

    I think it's a bootleg that's "out there" and somebody capitalized on it.

    Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

  4. #14
    Moderator Glennsallnighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    ... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!
    Posts
    13,900

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    I bought it and its very good. But then I'd think Glenn calling out the phone directory would be good!! lol!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

  5. #15
    Border Rebel RudieCantFail's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    605

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Quote Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
    No, I don't have that interview.

    I think it's a bootleg that's "out there" and somebody capitalized on it.
    Ah, that kind of makes me mad. I can't blame them for capitalizing on it, but it's wrong.

  6. #16
    Stuck on the Border Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Walking in Memphis ...
    Posts
    1,663

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Quote Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
    If anyone wanted to listen to this in full, here's the YouTube link for the playlist under the Glenn Frey - Topic channel:

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...a19s8MkZv1tbkw

    I thought it was kind of strange that this gets released now (within the last year). It's on Spotify too under Glenn Frey. Are any of these audio snippets part of Soda's collection on GlennFreyOnline.com ?
    These are awesome, thanks for posting!

    Having said that ... there is no way anyone can listen to Glenn and not wish like hell he was still here. Glenn was truly unique and had many interests, ideas, and talents. Looking back it's not all that suprising what he accomplished in his short(end) lifetime. Yes, he was blessed but Glenn was nothing if not extremely focused and determined. He worked hard to achieve his goals and make his dreams come true.

  7. #17
    Border Rebel Pippinwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Dawn -- Indeed, indeed. He was extremely gifted, but he also worked to make the most of his many gifts. He could have been a bar singer doing covers his whole life, but he wanted something else, and he absolutely worked hard to achieve those goals. He worked to be a better singer, a better musician, a better songwriter... everything.

    If every musician were as focused on producing quality work as Glenn was, popular music would be in better shape, for sure.

  8. #18
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    2,141

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Pippin & Dawn - So true ! We lost such a talented man who had many more things planned he wanted to do.

  9. #19
    Stuck on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Quote Originally Posted by Pippinwhite View Post
    Dawn -- Indeed, indeed. He was extremely gifted, but he also worked to make the most of his many gifts. He could have been a bar singer doing covers his whole life, but he wanted something else, and he absolutely worked hard to achieve those goals. He worked to be a better singer, a better musician, a better songwriter... everything.

    If every musician were as focused on producing quality work as Glenn was, popular music would be in better shape, for sure.
    The quality, not quantity argument only goes so far until you realise there will apparently be NOTHING MORE. THe size of his output, given the length of his career, is far too small. It's a great shame that there were not more unreleased tracks.

  10. #20
    Border Rebel Pippinwhite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: Glenn Frey--With the Eagles and Without(Amazon CD)

    Agreed, but I just have to be thankful for what's available. Maybe something will turn up one of these days. We can always hope.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •