Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Eagles to Hard Rock & Roll

Default Eagles to Hard Rock & Roll

From Feb 28, 2008 USA Today:

Music
    Fans of classic rock may want to plan a trip this June to Myrtle Beach, S.C. That's where and when Hard Rock Park — more than 150 acres of theme park featuring everything from roller coasters and children's play areas to restaurants and a live music amphitheatre — will open its doors.

The "Grand Opening Extravaganza" kicks off June 2 with a ceremony at the iron-gated entrance and a concert by the Eagles. "The park is all about the power and influence of rock music," says Steven Goodwin, its CEO. "Hearing the Eagles playing live, drifting across the entire park, is going to be a great way of saying 'We've arrived.' "

Festivities will include a celebrity golf tournament. Among its participants will be members of the Moody Blues, who are scheduled to perform live on June 3 to commemorate the unveiling of a ride they inspired, Nights in White Satin — The Trip. —Elysa Gardner
    -------------------------------------

I am a HUGE Hard Rock fan--I have collected Hard Rock shirts from across the world--and it goes without saying that I am a HUGE Eagles fan.

This is the perfect family vacation. I AM SO THERE!

More info from SCNOW.com:

Officials at Hard Rock Park have announced details of its Grand Opening Celebration scheduled for June 2.
    According to a news release, the festivities will begin with a grand opening ceremony at the front entrance to the theme park, and will feature a concert performance by the Hall of Fame group The Eagles.

The following day, the legendary British rock band, The Moody Blues, will commemorate the official opening of the park’s psychedelic, Moody Blues-inspired dark ride, Nights in White Satin - The Trip, followed by live performance.

“This celebration will be one for the record books,” said Steven Goodwin, CEO of Hard Rock Park. “Our opening lineup screams that the world’s first rock ‘n’ roll theme park has arrived. Families will be transformed from Regular Joes to Rock Stars, leading others to say ‘they must’ve been to Hard Rock Park.’”

In addition to the events at the park, hard Rock will co-sponsor a celebrity golf tournament hosted by PGA professional Peter Jacobsen. “Peter Jacobsen Sports is proud to be partnering with Hard Rock. This combination of sports, stars and rock ‘n’ roll is sure to make (this) first-class golf tournament one of our best tournaments yet,” said Jacobsen. The Celebrity Golf Tournament will be held at Grande Dunes Golf Resort on June 2. Participants will include rock ‘n’ roll legends, such as The Moody Blues, celebrities and PGA professionals. Among the PGA TOUR pros playing will be Jacobsen, as well as LPGA star Paula Creamer. Jacobsen will also host a “Peter Jacobsen and Friends Golf Clinic”.

"We're proud and honored to help kick off Hard Rock Park’s grand opening," said Sean Dee, Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer for Hard Rock International. "Hard Rock Park looks forward to, not only being part of the future of South Carolina tourism industry, but also to establishing itself as a national premier rock ‘n’ roll entertainment destination."

Hard Rock Park is the first new major theme park to be built in the U.S. in nearly a decade. The park is approximately 50-acres boasting more than 50 rides and attractions, including roller coasters, live shows, restaurants, cafes and retail stores, and a multi-purpose amphitheatre.

Ticket packages for the Grand Opening Extravaganza will go on sale at 11 a.m. March 17 at Hard Rock Park’s All Access Entry Plaza and online at www.hardrockpark.com.
    -------------------------------------------------

The guys can sing, their kids can ride the rides, Glenn can golf--it's all good. Works for me too--our two teenagers love music, theme parks & rollercoasters.

I just have one question: I wonder how much $$$$ all this will be?

Very cool!

But I'm guessing these tickets will be even more expensive, because they'll include the park admission on top of the regular price. I hope I'm wrong though!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Df, that sounds so exciting. I do hope it works out for you. I am also a hard Rock fan, having experienced the Orlando one when we visited Florida three years ago. Since then I've been to Dublin and Cardiff, and hope to get to the London one in a couple of weeks time.

Hubby is a massive fan of Nights In White Satin - I wish I could persuade him.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Quote Originally Posted by SodaScouts
    But I'm guessing these tickets will be even more expensive, because they'll include the park admission on top of the regular price. I hope I'm wrong though!
    I'm sure they will be expensive, but it is all relative at this point compared to what I shelled out for my 4-Star VIP ticket!

Stuck on the Border tbs fanatic's Avatar

That sounds great but I think I'm going to save my $'s for a regular Eagles concert. I doubt they will do a full blown Eagles concert at the Park - do you think? Nope I'm going to resist and wait for an arena concert (praying, praying they play one close by ).

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Its out of the question for us particularly as we've put all our eggs in the London basket.

Unless......our state lottery is up to 11m on Saturday night . I've already bought tickets for that!

If you do manage to go DF I hope you enjoy it.

GEF I was in Hard Rock in Boston in 1989. I loved it. Must try Dublin
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border

I'm a huge Hard Rock Cafe fan. Now this is sad but I've been to the following HRCs:

Sydney
    Melbourne
    Bangkok
    Singapore
    Hong Kong
    London
    Paris
    New York
    New Orleans (my favourite)
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles
    Honolulu

I made my mother go to the Berlin & Boston HRCs to get me T shirts.

Presumably Glenn will play in the celebrity golf tournament. The Nights In White Satin thing sounds fun - I love the Moody Blues too.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower
    I'm a huge Hard Rock Cafe fan. Now this is sad but I've been to the following HRCs:

Sydney
    Melbourne
    Bangkok
    Singapore
    Hong Kong
    London
    Paris
    New York
    New Orleans (my favourite)
    San Francisco
    Los Angeles
    Honolulu

I made my mother go to the Berlin & Boston HRCs to get me T shirts.

Presumably Glenn will play in the celebrity golf tournament. The Nights In White Satin thing sounds fun - I love the Moody Blues too.
    Lets make ourselves a promise that we'll meet in HRC Dublin some time FP, eh?
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

When I was a teen, I used to collect HRC T-shirts, too. At the time, my parents had just moved to Saudi Arabia, so we travelled a lot. My sister and I wanted them from every city we visited. I actually lost track of how many we have!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten