Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Almost Famous

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Default Re: Almost Famous

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    I enjoyed that, especially Cameron Crowe's version of where they are now - lawsuits about the use of the name and the current Stillwater touring with only one original member.
    I know, right? Welcome to the new millennium.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Stuck on the Border

Well, you all are not going to believe it but, I just saw "Almost Famous(On TCM) for the first time ! I love it ! I could not believe how much the the Russell H./Billy C. character looked like Glenn ! So many Glenn/ Eagles references. It really is a cute movie. I missed the first 15 minutes but I guess that's no big deal.
    On a side note : I remember reading an interview with Bernie way back talking about a few scary flights they had and him stating they thought they would crash. He apparently did not like flying after that. I loved the line about making them look cool. I remember Cameron and Glenn talking numerous times about it. I'll make a point of watching it next time it is on too.

I'm back in my hometown of Riverside in beautiful Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by New Kid In Town View Post
    Well, you all are not going to believe it but, I just saw "Almost Famous(On TCM) for the first time ! I love it ! I could not believe how much the the Russell H./Billy C. character looked like Glenn ! So many Glenn/ Eagles references. It really is a cute movie. I missed the first 15 minutes but I guess that's no big deal.
    On a side note : I remember reading an interview with Bernie way back talking about a few scary flights they had and him stating they thought they would crash. He apparently did not like flying after that. I loved the line about making them look cool. I remember Cameron and Glenn talking numerous times about it. I'll make a point of watching it next time it is on too.
    The first 15 minutes are actually kind of important, but I'm so glad you finally saw it. It's my all time favorite movie. I've watched it 1000 times, but catch something new every time.
    The 70's was "my time" and it's all pretty accurate, from the language to the clothing. And the party in Topeka!! I went to many parties like that.