Okay, so I am a bit of a nerd in this department. But, I was curious of what his family heritage was. It's a passion of mine!

I read somewhere online that he is of German/Russian heritage. When I read that, I wondered, maybe I am related to him in a very distant way.

My family came from the Black Sea area of the Ukraine, in which they have referred them as "German's from Russia" because a great deal of Germans settled here in the late 1700's under Catherine the Great's rule; however, they always maintained their German identity until a lot of these colonies phased out after WWII (many were sent to Siberia or some returned to Germany or were displaced due to poverty - and some have remained, just barely, in Russia)

I came across something online that Meisner (originally Meissner) was one of the family's that inhabited the region that the German's from Russia came from. When a lot of these German's left Russia, they primarily settled in the mid-West. My family settled mostly in Wisconsin and the Dakotas.

It appears Meisner's great grandfather, Christian Meissner, came from a region known as Grimm, Russia, which was a settlement of Germans from Russia near the Volga River. I found the Meissner name on this list:

http://www.angelfire.com/ca/GRIMM/Residents.html

His great grandmother's maiden name is also there (Zulauf). In 1908, byway of Glasgow, Scotland, his grandfather Alexander Meissner boarded the SS Columbia and landed in New York, most likely at Ellis Island. They lived in Colorado, but then moved to Nebraska to Scottsbluff. His son, Herman Miesner, lived and married there, and then had a son in 1946 named Randy Meisner.

I also found on Ancestry a few yearbook photos of Randy from 1961.

I swear, I am not a stalker!! I just love family history and I thought it would be cool to trace his, since I saw that we may have a connection with our family histories, in which we do! It's kinda neat!

Side Note: Meisner Name Meaning German and Jewish (Ashkenazic): variant of Meissner.