With all of our hopes so high for a new studio album this year, it got me thinking about the original six albums. Can you rank them in the order of your favorites? Considering how hard it usually is for me to do these things, I can't believe I'm starting this thread. This is particularly hard since I don't believe any of them are bad!

But, oh well, here is my list:

1. Hotel California - I guess this is an obvious choice. This is a classic conceptual album with 8 exceptional songs. Each song is very different, yet fits perfectly into the theme of the album. The album also does an exceptional job of showcasing the talents of the individual band members, IMO.

2. Desperado - Same as HC comments. This is an exceptional piece of work, but some of the songs are not quite as strong as HC.

3. One of These Nights - I had a hard time deciding whether this or On The Border was No. 3 for me. I chose this one based on the strength of the hit songs. However, I don't consider Journey of the Sorcerer, Visions, or I Wish You Peace to be among their best work.

4. On The Border - Overall a great underrated album. I don't think there is really a bad song on it. It is one of my favorites to listen to from start to finish, and I rarely ever skip any of the songs.

5. The Long Run - The hardest choice of all for me was deciding between these last two. It is probably a virtual tie for me. Both albums had three very strong hits, and I can't decide which are the strongest. Heartache Tonight is probably the best of all of them, although TIE and PEF are hard to snub. WW, TLR, and ICTYW can't be snubbed either though - they are all great. I also think King of Hollywood, Those Shoes, and The Sad Cafe are all very good underrated songs as well, which would seem to give the edge to TLR. However, then there is the matter of Disco Strangler and Teenage Jail, which are probably among my least favorites of all of their songs.

6. Eagles - See TLR comments. After the three strong hits mentioned above, the rest of the album is very pleasant and easy on the ears. However, I don't think there are any real standout tracks, except for one. I'm now ready for you all to throw things at me - BUT - I love Chug All Night. I don't know why, but I love the tempo and the 'visions' it leaves you with. It's not a great song, but it's raw and sexy, and it rocks.