Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Let us talk favorites

Default Re: Let us talk favorites

I just wish we all lived close to each other so we could jam!

Although I've had the instruments to play, my favorite thing to do is sing. Sing, sing, sing! I wish I had the talent to be a professional! I love it!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

I'd love to jam as well PM! Thanks for the chords. I'm going to use them in my guitar class later!
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Well, you are all very talented to play any instrument.

I like the way the guy who posted those chords interprets the 'egg and dart' line as 'the ebb and dart of small gray spiders...' That could go in the 'Did I hear that right?' thread.

www.donfelderonline.com
    ~~~~~
    This way to happiness...

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Quote Originally Posted by Prettymaid View Post
    I just wish we all lived close to each other so we could jam!

Although I've had the instruments to play, my favorite thing to do is sing. Sing, sing, sing! I wish I had the talent to be a professional! I love it!
    That's pretty much why I am learning to play. I love to sing and I've always wanted something to sing to. I used to have a piano (a very old family one that went back to my Mom when it was obvious that no one here was ever going to play it) But I didnt like playing the piano as much as the guitar. You can just pick up the git when you feel like it and go for it. I have a country/blues voice tho and I am not a big fan of country music. Thats why the Eagles songs suit me so well! and torch songs. I can sing the heck out of a good torch song! *G* but they're hard to play on the git *G* SO I stick with boys *G*

... On a journey from innocence to experience..... In Ireland!

You can actually pick up quite a lot of the boys' stuff by 'ear', particularly the ballad style ones. The books can offer either easier or more difficult chord progressions depending on the book you choose. I tend to use a mix of all 3. Some of Glenn 's solo stuff is great to play. I love IDTWNW. And its very playable.
    'I must be leaving soon... its your world now'
    Glenn Frey 1948-2016 RIP

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

I plan on trying to log in tonight for part of the chat but since we will be outside I knew I wouldn't be able to watch Christchurch then so I thought I would watch it today since I was stuck at home (we are having a new furnace put in today--so the big bad gas company can kiss my *ss 'cause they will be getting only 1/2 my money this year!). I hadn't gotten to ever see the whole thing all the way thru only bits here and there so I must say it was a real pleasure. LOVED it!! So I thought I would come here and put some of my faves from the video!!

1) Timothy (I know you are all surprised)

2)Must say I loved Joe doing Help Me Thru The Night-again sorry to all of you that wanted to keep it around in the last survivor! This was a great version.

3)That silly dog setting behind Joe--so funny-it makes me laugh, especially after Joe puts his umbrella hat on it.

4) Timothy's hair keeps getting in his eyes from the wind and rain-I want to just brush it away for him.

5) Don's voice in Heart Of The Matter--I love the way it sounds so rough, and thru the rest of the show you also notice it. Really sexy!!

6)Joe banging the drum on You Belong To The City.

7)Timothy's shirt

Love this version of Funk #49. Just seems extra funky to me.

9)In Life's Been Good, I love the line "Write me letters, tell me I'm overweight". Also love the way Don F and Joe walk across the stage and do the kicks when they meet up with Tim and Glenn. Cute.

10)Timothy's hair getting a little frizzier-again I should be there to run my fingers thru it to get it off his face.

11)Heartache Tonight -love the way Timothy's voice seems to really stand out here. Nice blend!

12)Love listening to the voices when it goes dark between songs. You hear all kinds of commotion.

13)Love Don H. and Glenn's towels during Desperado.

14)Timothy

15) The way Timothy, once again, is the last one off the stage and takes time to throw towels into the crowd. Lucky fans!!!

and last but not least

16) Timothy just seems to be extra sexy, hot and gorgeous (or maybe it's just me thinking so!!)
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Willie, thanks for posting that - now I want to watch Christchurch!
    ~ Cathy ~

And I dream I'm on vacation 'Cause I like the way that sounds,
    It's a perfect occupation for me.

Portland, Oregon (the only rain forest in the Northern Hemisphere)

Umm so Willie.. what did you think about Timmy? was he in that vid? *G*

I'm glad you enjoyed Christchuch Willie, even if you won't be able to do the whole chat party thing! Say hi to everybody for me.

And yes, I think that Tim looks pretty sexy during that video with his hair all blowing in the wind!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Actually, if my memory serves me correctly, they all look pretty HS&G in Christchurch!

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016