Page 227 of 273 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 2,261 to 2,270 of 2722

Thread: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Border Troubadour

Default Re: Discussion of Eagles Documentary "History of the Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by VAisForEagleLovers View Post
    As for now, I figure I have family members that I love dearly and would go to the wall for. It doesn't mean they don't still annoy me to no end and cause me to have periods of time where I need a break from them. I have friends and co-workers that are the same. Perhaps it's the same for Glenn and Don. It's not perfect, but it works, for them, the rest of the band, and the fans.
    I think this is very true. I'm researching writer and artist George AE Russell for my PhD who was best friends with W.B. Yeats but they had huge grievances and rivalries between them. Yet AE admitted that ‘I am always fighting with him [Yeats] but if I hadn’t him to fight with it would make a great gap in my life.’

An author commenting on both summed up their relationship which could equally apply to Don and Glenn as '...the antagonism that unites dear friends'.
    ...Well it sure makes you wonder the things that some people will say. They can see black and white but they don't seem to notice the grey...

Quote Originally Posted by DivineDon
    An author commenting on both summed up their relationship which could equally apply to Don and Glenn as '...the antagonism that unites dear friends'.
    Well said!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

I agree with VA that Don and Glenn downplay a lot of their differences nowadays because, as they look back on some of their disagreements, they probably realize now they weren't nearly as important as they seemed at the time. And even though they may not always see eye to eye, I believe that deep down they have a tremendous amount of love, respect, and admiration for one another.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by Ive always been a dreamer View Post
    ... particularly since the lovely 'Rose' of Cimarron was the real-life lover of George 'Bitter Creek' Newsome.
    As the American West is a huge interest of mine I'll add as it does pertain slightly to Desperado - George Newcomb was the right hand man of Bill Doolin and Bill Dalton and one of the six perpetual members of Doolin's Wild Bunch, formed primarily after the Dalton Gang's demise in Coffeyville. Their primary hideout was along the banks of the Cimarron River, and he earned his nickname from his favoruite victory saying - 'I'm a wild wolf from Bitter Creek, and it's my night to howl!'.

Oh, and thanks to everyone for clearing up my relationships question

Stuck on the Border

Thanks for the Desperado background. I always wondered if I was hearing "Coffeeville" correctly so now I even know how to spell it.

Border Troubadour

Thanks. I might do a bit more of write-up on the background / lyrical inferences in the Desperado thread so as not to clog this up: I could literally type for hours on it! Needless to say there are some awesome stories to be told of the Daltons and equally some brilliant lyrics from Glenn, Don, Bernie and Randy (and their associates).

TLR - I would love to hear some of the stories, and how they relate to the lyrics in the Eagles songs. Don't know if it should be here or in another thread, but I, for one, would love it if you would share what you know!

Border Troubadour

Quote Originally Posted by tjh532 View Post
    TLR - I would love to hear some of the stories, and how they relate to the lyrics in the Eagles songs. Don't know if it should be here or in another thread, but I, for one, would love it if you would share what you know!
    Check out the Desperado appreciation thread

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by UndertheWire View Post
    Thanks for the Desperado background. I always wondered if I was hearing "Coffeeville" correctly so now I even know how to spell it.
    It is actually spelt 'Coffeyville''.

Stuck on the Border

Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    It is actually spelt 'Coffeyville''.
    Yes, that was my point. After decades of hearing "Coffeeville", I now know how to spell it.