Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

  1. #11
    Stuck on the Border Freypower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by groupie2686 View Post
    I somehow don't think Glenn would have agreed to them covering other songs...(I suppose if he had, they would have done it before). They could have pulled off covers of CSN&Y though.
    When a couple of us saw Glenn in Niagara Falls in 2012, one of the huge surprises of a surprise full night was On The Way Home by Buffalo Springfield. He said he was trying to persuade his bandmates to do a couple of covers by artists who had influenced them. He failed; it never happened.

    I'm afraid for me it's too late to wonder which songs they could have done in their real careerr. People who like the faux Eagles are probably delighted to have heard Tulsa Time & Walking To New Orleans.

  2. #12
    Stuck on the Border Freypower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    24,191

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by cosec3791 View Post
    Not possible now, but anyways, you may have known that Elton John performed with them a few times right? In those performances, I wish they would have covered Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting. With the brilliance of piano from Elton, and maybe some electric guitar magic from Walsh and Felder, it would have been awesome!

    Uh... who would have sung it? That song is one of a kind.


    ETA: I found the original thread we have on this topic.


    http://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/f...ead.php?t=5638
    Last edited by Freypower; 06-22-2018 at 07:28 PM.

  3. #13
    Border Desperado cosec3791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by My My View Post
    They did cover "Sea Cruise" during The Long Run Tour, at least in Indianapolis in June 1980.
    Yeah. They did that a few times as part of the encore. They also did it in Santa Monica 1980 and Long Beach 1980
    The chemistry... nuff said

  4. #14
    Border Desperado cosec3791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    They covered Chuck Berry’s “Oh Carol” in their live shows around ‘76-‘79 I believe.

    Also in 1975 and 1980 they did. Seattle 1975 has that song. The Forum 1980 soundboard version has an incomplete version.
    The chemistry... nuff said

  5. #15
    Border Desperado cosec3791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    But those songs were on Eagles albums ("Sea Cruise" was on a Glenn Frey album). I think this discussion is about not-previously-covered songs. (I may be wrong, not the first time.)
    About Sea Cruise, the situation is kind of like One Day at a Time, where Glenn did the song with the Eagles before covering it solo.
    The chemistry... nuff said

  6. #16
    Border Desperado cosec3791's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Posts
    179

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    Uh... who would have sung it? That song is one of a kind.


    ETA: I found the original thread we have on this topic.


    http://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/f...ead.php?t=5638
    Well, I was meaning Elton John to sing it in that hypothetical situation. The band would have provided the music and harmonies. And also, they did Carol with Elton a few times.
    The chemistry... nuff said

  7. #17
    Border Desperado
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    The bad thing about covers, especially from a group who is well known for writing their own stuff, is that often the covers don't sound right.
    I think Sea Cruise sounds atrocious. It is totally not an Eagles style song.

    One song I think the Eagles could have covered and sounded like their own would have been "Two out of Three ain't bad" by Meatloaf. I know Meatloaf said that it sounded like an Eagles song, and they were popular when he did that song, so he thought people would like it.

  8. #18
    Border Desperado
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    302

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by Freypower View Post
    When a couple of us saw Glenn in Niagara Falls in 2012, one of the huge surprises of a surprise full night was On The Way Home by Buffalo Springfield. He said he was trying to persuade his bandmates to do a couple of covers by artists who had influenced them. He failed; it never happened.

    I'm afraid for me it's too late to wonder which songs they could have done in their real careerr. People who like the faux Eagles are probably delighted to have heard Tulsa Time & Walking To New Orleans.
    Wasn't there even a rumour that Glenn had wanted to do an Eagles album of covers from influences?

  9. #19
    Border Desperado
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by CAinOH View Post
    But those songs were on Eagles albums ("Sea Cruise" was on a Glenn Frey album). I think this discussion is about not-previously-covered songs. (I may be wrong, not the first time.)
    It was on a Glenn Frey album later, but not when they covered it in the 1980.

  10. #20
    Out on the Border
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    20

    Default Re: What songs would you have liked to see the Eagles cover

    Quote Originally Posted by BillBailey1976 View Post
    Wasn't there even a rumour that Glenn had wanted to do an Eagles album of covers from influences?
    I thought he wanted to do at least an EP with some covers and some new songs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •