Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Bruuuuce!

Default Re: Bruuuuce!

Rumor has it that GLEE is in talks to do a Super Bowl Sunday episode featuring the works of Springsteen, and that Bruce himself may appear as one of the student's uncles. I don't watch the show, but I might have to make it a point to watch this one. I'm actually not sure how I feel about the Boss doing this, but it's not my decision now, is it??
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

GLEE doing Bruce? Hmm, that would be.... interesting.

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

That's about the best spin I could put on it...
    ~Eva~

...the calling of the tide's eternal tune, the phases of the moon, the chambers of the heart, the egg and dart...

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Been thinking a LOT about Eva lately!!! Sirius ClassicRewind Channel has exclusively been playing new stuff off his upcoming (my understanding?) album. I heard his version of Fire (he wrote it right and it was done by the Pointer Sisters?) and Spanish Eyes (I think that was the title) last night while out and about in the car. This morning they played Rendezvous a bit ago. I must say, I rather enjoyed the new version of Fire!!
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Moderator Ive always been a dreamer's Avatar
    Cruising down the center of a two-way street in VA

Thanks for that Willie. And like you, anytime I hear any mention of Bruce, I immediately think of Eva.

"People don't run out of dreams: People just run out of time ..."
    Glenn Frey 11/06/1948 - 01/18/2016

Anybody watch "The Promise" the documentary behind the Darkness on the Edge of Town album? It was on HBO back in Oct. and now it's coming out tomorrow in a big ol' box set with cd's, dvd's (an old Houston 78 bootleg video on dvd!!)

Anyways, my first love will always be Bruce. Period. Saw him last year at Madison Square Garden for two nights. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

This doc was FASCINATING on the behind the scenes working of an album. I was exhausted after watching this. Bruce is a complete perfectionist, but geez - so much work goes into making an album. And this was after his legal ordeal with his old manager, so he and the E Street band went through a lot of pain and stress during this time.

Just fascinating. Can't believe they had so much video of the recording sessions. Highly Recommend!

Hmm, think I'll ask for that for Christmas!

Always in our hearts, Never forgotten

Stuck on the Border TimothyBFan's Avatar

Heard this morning that Clarence Clemons has suffered from a stroke. Here's a story regarding a brain surgery he had. Sounds pretty serious.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/jun...g_Stroke.shtml
    He sings it high, he plays it low

Down some endless road just south of nowhere (Missouri)

Yeah, I heard that last night. It's sounding better for him now.
    https://i.imgur.com/CuSdAQM.jpg
    "They will never forget you 'till somebody new comes along"
    1948-2016 Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Maidstone View Post
    Anybody watch "The Promise" the documentary behind the Darkness on the Edge of Town album? It was on HBO back in Oct. and now it's coming out tomorrow in a big ol' box set with cd's, dvd's (an old Houston 78 bootleg video on dvd!!)

Anyways, my first love will always be Bruce. Period. Saw him last year at Madison Square Garden for two nights. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.

This doc was FASCINATING on the behind the scenes working of an album. I was exhausted after watching this. Bruce is a complete perfectionist, but geez - so much work goes into making an album. And this was after his legal ordeal with his old manager, so he and the E Street band went through a lot of pain and stress during this time.

Just fascinating. Can't believe they had so much video of the recording sessions. Highly Recommend!
    About a month or so ago, Bruce released this to non-profits (gratis) in large-screen Blu-Ray, to play for large crowds as a fund-raiser for local community charities. That's actually the first time I saw it, believe it or not. It was pretty enlightening...lots of behind the scenes stuff I had only read or heard about, but very interesting to actually see. That's one awesome compilation album, that's for sure!
    ~Eva~