PDA

View Full Version : What's your Eagles/solo song of the moment?

Pages : [1] 2

Peekaboo
08-18-2010, 07:03 AM
I tend to get stuck on one Eagles or solo song that I listen to over and over for about a week or two. I have my all-time favorites, of course, but I always find something that makes me really like a certain song even more and I just want to hear it all the time. For instance, I was stuck on Lyin' Eyes for a long time after the May 1st San Jose concert. Glenn just made that song so special for me and Lou that night and I think back to that particular show every time I hear it. I remember being stuck on Heartache Tonight for a while last month just because I heard a certain part differently. At about the 2:40 mark when they sing "Somebody's gonna hurt someone" and then right after that Glenn sings "Somebody" I would just melt every time i heard it (still do, actually :blush:) because I think he sounds so sexy on that part. Ooooh, and also right after that part too when he sings "Everybody". :)

For the past few days I've been listening to Pretty Maids All In A Row a lot. I had the Ballads cd from Selected Works playing in my car and when that song came on I had to replay it again and again because Joe just sounds so great on it. Also the harmonizing in that song is just gorgeous.

So what's your Eagles or solo song of the moment?

TimothyBFan
08-18-2010, 08:28 AM
The one that sticks out for me off the top of my head is the most recent "incident". Secular Praise and the particular line that got me. Here's where I wrote about it, not once, but twice in June. Like you said, you can hear the same song a gazillion times and then one part will just trigger something, like you've never heard it before.

From 6-09-10
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112768&postcount=22

And it wasn't just the song that I was stuck on, but the whole cd over and over again.

From 6-10-10
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=112893&postcount=164

I even enlisted Lou to make me a signature bar reflecting that line that I used for a couple months and am sure to pull out again.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Timothy%20B%20Schmit/avi%20signatures/1276083114701.jpg

And apparently that same line triggered something for me the first time I heard the song on the cd (had heard it a week before live in Chicago-think I was so overwhelmed with that experience, it didn't hit me then).

From 10-26-09
https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=87908&postcount=45

Here's that particular part from the Expando review I did....

"
10.) Secular Praise-LOVE IT- WOW! This song gives me the chills! It's just so soulful. The words are fantastic, I especially love the verse "Don't go to church, but I feel the weight. Some people think I'm shy. Still I hope to shake the hand of fate before I die." You and I both Tim! The whole Hallelujah part just makes me want to get up and scream amen! Tim's voice is just beautiful in this-what a perfect mix of his and The Blind Boys voices. I would like to have been in the same room as Tim when he was writing this one and would love to pick his brain on what brought this one on."

There have been millions of times that has happened but for some reason this song and one line keeps coming back at me over and over and almost haunting me.

Prettymaid
08-18-2010, 09:16 AM
Wow Peek, talk about a weird feeling - as I was reading your post and slowly scrolling down, I was thinking to myself, "I know what mine is. It's Pretty Maids All In A Row, and then I read your second paragraph!

Pretty Maids has been my "song of the moment" for several weeks - about the time I made my current sig banner. That's my current favorite line of the song, but I also love the opening, "Hi there, how are ya", and have had that as my sig banner too. The whole song is pure poetry and can be interpreted as many ways as there are people listening to it.

From the beautiful, melancholy piano fade-in to the to the haunting guitar solo to the harmonious "ooh" fade-out, this song is so beautiful I took my user name from it when I joined The Border.

Troubadour
08-18-2010, 10:23 AM
I love reading everyone else's responses.

I've been listening to The Heart Of The Matter an awful lot lately. Of course it's a beautiful song and many people list it as a favourite, but it resonates with me deeply, particularly when I'm going through a difficult time or when I have things on my mind. The main thing I take away from the song is, obviously, the idea of forgiveness - but for your own sake. It reminds me of a sentiment in one of George Strait's songs, Where Have I Been All My Life? --

Been learning that forgiveness is as much for myself, as it is for the other guy.

There is a situation that has been ongoing in my family for the past few years. I won't go into it because it's far too long-winded, and not triggered by one event - more, one person - and it really took its toll for a long time on me, my mother and my sister, as well as a few others. I've learnt that, although it will probably never be fully resolved and honestly, I won't trust this person wholeheartedly again, I can rise above it and not let it eat away at me anymore. Don absolutely gets that in this song, and sums it up perfectly --

You better put it all behind you, baby, cos life goes on,
You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside

These are probably the standout lines in the song for me. I sort of feel like he's singing it to me. It grounds me and reminds me to take a breath. After all, it won't hurt the other party if I'm angry and upset - only me.

Although I love the original recording of this song, the HFO live version is stunning. The slower arrangement gives us time to focus more on the lyrics. The way Don sings it is so, so beautiful.

I'm also a big fan of the Christchurch version. His voice is so rough and emotional. (The cold and rain helped, I'm sure!)

TimothyBFan
08-18-2010, 10:29 AM
I'm also a big fan of the Christchurch version. His voice is so rough and emotional. (The cold and rain helped, I'm sure!)

As soon as I started reading your post Lou, that is the first version I thought of! I've always loved that song and also that particular line about letting go of the anger but when I saw the Christchurch version for the first time...WOW! It really blew my mind how emotional it sounded and made me feel!!

Very touching Lou!

luvthelighthouse
08-18-2010, 11:36 AM
I have a confession... I have not listened to the Eagles in weeks! However, before my "break", I was very into One of These Nights. It's like sex for your ears. So sultry! I must have had then on replay for weeks!

The CD player in my car broke, which is where I do most of my music listening. However, I'm jonesing to hear Secular Praise after reading TBF's post.

TimothyBFan
08-18-2010, 12:15 PM
I was very into One of These Nights. It's like sex for your ears. So sultry!

That is a great way to put it!! I totally agree and feel that way about more than one song and maybe even music in general! Seriously, I can't even express to you how true that is with every time I watch and hear Jimmy Page.

The CD player in my car broke, which is where I do most of my music listening. However, I'm jonesing to hear Secular Praise after reading TBF's post.

After posting that this morning, I turned it on and listened not once but 3 times and I swear to you, I shed tears once again. I can honestly say that has become one of if not my most special song. Everything about it just moves me. It's almost as if Timothy and I sat down and talked about this subject and then he put down in words just what I was trying to express and bared my soul to the world. I could pick that song apart word for word and tell you how each one of them moved me in some way or the other.

I've asked myself a time or 2 if I would feel the same way if one of the other Eagles or some other artists had sang it. I believe it's possible but not to the degree I feel it with Timothy being the one singing those words.

My goodness--I must be feeling exceptionally emotional today or something. Timothy, if you are reading this...do you see what you do to me? :hilarious: I'm a mess for you hun!!!

BTW- Jess---LOVE this thread (as I'm sure most of you can tell). Music is the one thing other than my family I feel so very passionate about and it's good to be able to express that here.

Brooke
08-18-2010, 01:41 PM
I have a confession... I have not listened to the Eagles in weeks!

You know, I really haven't listened to them much myself these days. I don't know, I think I needed a break, too.

(please don't hurt us!) :fear:

These lines from HOTM resonate with me, too, Troub. They always 'get me' when I hear this song.

You better put it all behind you, baby, cos life goes on,
You keep carrying that anger, it'll eat you up inside

Secular Praise-LOVE IT- WOW! This song gives me the chills! It's just so soulful. The words are fantastic,

The whole Hallelujah part just makes me want to get up and scream amen! Tim's voice is just beautiful in this-what a perfect mix of his and The Blind Boys voices.

Amen!

Freypower
08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I haven't listened to an entire album for a while. I listen to them when they come up on the iPod. The last time I heard a whole batch of their songs was when I did Don's birthday playlist. So I honestly don't have a 'song of the moment'. I did enjoy Most Of Us Are Sad the other day - a song which I don't hear very often but the sentiments seemed quite moving when I heard it.

Ive always been a dreamer
08-18-2010, 09:11 PM
This is a great thread, Jess. And I must say that I can't argue one bit with anything that has been said in this thread so far.

I guess my song of the moment is Glenn's I Did It For Your Love. Ever since I listened to the Soul Searchin' album on its celebration date a few weeks ago, this song has been stuck in my head. It astonishes me how much this song has grown on me for reasons which can't be explained. For many years, I liked the song but didn't think there was anything really special about it. And then suddenly I heard it a few months ago, and WOW! it hit me like a ton of bricks how beautiful the song is. And now the more I listen to it - it just keeps growin' and growin' and growin'!

sodascouts
08-19-2010, 12:11 AM
Ever since I moved to Memphis I've been listening to "Part of Me Part of You" a lot. I have a six-CD changer in my car that goes like this 1) Fleetwood Mac CD of some sort 2) Stevie Nicks CD of some sort 3) Lindsey Buckingham CD of some sort 4) Eagles CD of some sort 5) Glenn Frey CD of some sort 6) "Other." Right now "Other" is Don Henley's Greatest Hits, lol. At any rate, I find myself listening to Glenn's CD slot and hitting POMPOY a lot, pretty much every time I get in the car. I haven't plugged my iPod into the car for a while now. (That will change soon when it's time to do the themed playlists for my trips to Atlantic City and Aspen, though!)

Maybe it's because of the personal relevance of POMPOY's theme of change, and the uplifting way it ends, with those driving high notes.... love it, love it, love it. And, like many of you, I am celebrating the song currently in my signature!

Maleah
08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Lou I 100% agree with you on HOTM. I can't even explain what that song does for me on so many levels. I'm pretty sure I've said all this before in other threads but when I first heard the song a few years ago, it was the "I'm learning to live without you now, but I miss you sometimes" as well as "the more I know, the less I understand, all the things I thought I knew I'm learning again." That will always be my favorite part of the song because 14 years later that's still what I feel about losing my Mom....that I'm still learning to live without her. The second line, after I lost her I felt like I had to learn my faith all over again. I didn't understand why and I had to start back at square one. It's a very emotional song for me. The bridge is also a part that gets to me. I think everyone has had people in their lives that have let them down and hurt them....I know I have for sure. It's hard to let go of that and move on but you realize eventually that you must. Not for their sake but for your own! So obviously that song is pretty much always my "song of the moment" :)

All of that being said, I do go in music swings, instead of mood swings. lol Lately my kick has been Last Worthless Evening and After The Thrill Is Gone. Don's voice just gets me every time with LWE! I will literally replay certain parts over and over again because it amazes me how emotionally loaded his voice is on that song! And with ATTIG....I'm not going to lie...I overlooked that song a lot in the past. No longer! It's a stunner! I can't believe I didn't pay more attention to the lyrics and the vocals....it's one of my favorites now!

Ok.....I'm done until my next "swing" :hilarious:

GlennLover
08-19-2010, 12:58 PM
This is a great thread, Jess. And I must say that I can't argue one bit with anything that has been said in this thread so far.

I guess my song of the moment is Glenn's I Did It For Your Love. Ever since I listened to the Soul Searchin' album on its celebration date a few weeks ago, this song has been stuck in my head. It astonishes me how much this song has grown on me for reasons which can't be explained. For many years, I liked the song but didn't think there was anything really special about it. And then suddenly I heard it a few months ago, and WOW! it hit me like a ton of bricks how beautiful the song is. And now the more I listen to it - it just keeps growin' and growin' and growin'!

Dreamer, that's the song that I have been listening to lately too, since I played Soul Searchin' straight through recently. I keep wondering what he "did' for her love. I find that for me, the song has become very potent. It moves me deeply.

Peekaboo
08-19-2010, 06:24 PM
Although I love the original recording of this song, the HFO live version is stunning. The slower arrangement gives us time to focus more on the lyrics. The way Don sings it is so, so beautiful.

HOTM is my favorite of Don's solo songs and the HFO version is, imo, even better than the original. Don's vocals on that version are just so moving. It's been a while since i've watched Christchurch. I may have to pop that one in the dvd player soon.

Maleah
08-20-2010, 01:01 AM
I agree....as much as I love the original, it's the HFO version that just captivates me. It's so emotional to listen to! I love how it's slowed down a bit and Don's voice just blows me away. Sadly, I don't even know if I've heard the Christchurch version. :shock: Yes.....I'm horrible LOL

Brooke
08-20-2010, 01:57 PM
Well, yesterday I started listening to LROOE again. Everyone probably knows Waiting In The Weeds has been my favorite song on there and yes, it still is. Everytime I hear it it just blows me away. I don't know how many times I listened to it yesterday.

The line I don't know when I realized the dream was over just breaks my heart. I know it's probably a love lost song (and this is another great thing about many of the Eagles songs, that we can interpret them in different ways), but I always can't help but think it's about the band breaking up and how they realized their dream and became rich and famous and finally, after all these years, it's about over and they will all go their separate ways. Don's voice throughout the whole song just makes you feel it all. The hurt, wistfulness, and ultimate recognition of the end of the relationship. How can he sing a song like that and portray in his voice so many different inflections (there are many in this song) which make the listener (me anyway) feel his angst so well? He sounds like he feels it, too. What a brilliant singer!

And then, and though you're with somebody else, he'll never love you like I do. He knows beyond a shadow of a doubt this to be true. For himself, at least. And I believe him and I cry.

The whole song, but especially these lines, just take my breath away. It's beautiful.

Prettymaid
08-20-2010, 02:11 PM
And I believe him and I cry.

Well stated Brooke! That was eloquent!

sodascouts
08-20-2010, 02:54 PM
Oh, I know what you mean, Brooke. The video I made for it has a similar theme:

Waiting in the Weeds video (http://www.vimeo.com/14056571)

luvthelighthouse
08-20-2010, 03:12 PM
OMG, I love, love, love WITW. I can't tell you the countless times I have played it in a row. The whole verse:

"I don't know when I realized the dream was over
Well, there was no particular hour, no given day
You know, it didn't go down in flame
There was no final scene, no frozen frame
I just watched it slowly fade away"

I can relate to that more than I want to admit.

Then, "small gray Spider spinning in the dark -In spite of all the times the web is torn apart" , reminds me to never get up and all things are possible w/persistance. Actually, that whole cyclical verse, about phases of the moon and the egg & dart... cycles that life just goes on...

Yeah, this song speaks to me. Then, when Timothy sings against the guys at the end... wow... it's just perfection.

tequila girl
08-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Wow That was Fabulous Soda! You are so clever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sodascouts
08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Oh, I know what you mean, Brooke. The video I made for it has a similar theme:

Waiting in the Weeds video (http://www.vimeo.com/14056571)Wow That was Fabulous Soda! You are so clever :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Aw, thanks Carole, but it's the song that's truly genius! I think it's absolutely magnificent, and making the video only made me love it more.

In fact, when LROOE came out, we had a thread for it:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=610

Hard to believe that was almost three years ago now. It's coming on the end of August indeed.

Brooke
08-20-2010, 04:47 PM
Soda, you got it! That was absolutely beautiful and it ripped my heart right out of my chest. :cry:

Maleah
08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Wow Brooke....I couldn't have said it any better! Not only is the song beautiful but so was your post about it! lol Something that I thought was funny about that song, the other night I was discussing Eagles music with my brother and his girlfriend. She is a pretty big fan, of Joe in particular, and he can take 'em or leave 'em. lol Anyway, we were discussing how their music has staying power etc etc and one of them made a statement about how their new stuff just doesn't compare to the old stuff and how good that was. I said sure but Waiting In The Weeds is brilliant! My brother follows with "see that's exactly what I mean....that's my favorite song of theirs," while his girlfriend stated "that's my favorite I think" at the same time. So of course I had to say "really? that's funny because that's off of the newest album." LOL WITW is in a class all of its own, imo. I completely understand what you're saying Brooke, about the emotion in Don's voice. I can't even wrap my mind around how someone can do that. I, too, literally feel what he's singing because there's so much emotion in his voice. It's as if he's reliving those moments, or even experiencing them for the first time, as he's singing. It's absolutely captivating! I think that verse you mentioned "I don't know when I realized the dream was over....." is my favorite....just brilliant. But then, the entire song is pure poetry imo!

TimothyBFan
08-21-2010, 09:57 AM
I agree completely Brooke and Maleah. And another thing that occurs to me when I hear it or say HOTM or any of those truly "emotional" songs....how did they write them. What were they thinking about to make them write them? What experiences are they reflecting back on? NWIM?

Peekaboo
08-21-2010, 03:43 PM
Wow, Soda!! That WITW video is amazing!! I love it!!

After the discussion about HOTM I put on HFO with the intention of watching only HOTM and Pretty Maids but I couldn't help myself and I ended up watching the entire show. HFO is just soooo....it's soooo.....**SIGH**.....Gosh! It's just so wonderful. Everything about it is great!!

sodascouts
08-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Thanks guys!

And another thing that occurs to me when I hear it or say HOTM or any of those truly "emotional" songs....how did they write them. What were they thinking about to make them write them? What experiences are they reflecting back on?I love it when songwriters talk about their inspirations for songs because I too wonder what drove them to write what they did. It gives it an extra layer of meaning when you understand the background, although we all relate to the songs in different ways.

I get the feeling that a lot of what Don writes comes from personal experience. While all songwriters incorporate personal experience to a degree, not all of them open up as much as Don does.

It's ironic because there is a public perception (especially among younger people) that he is an arrogant, rigid, unfeeling man who only cares about getting his own way. I wonder if those people have ever truly listened to his work - and I don't just mean hearing Dirty Laundry and Boys of Summer on the radio. He comes across as quite the opposite in his music.

I think HOTM and WITW demonstrate the power of that emotional outpouring - and they're some of his best work. In my opinion, he shines his brightest when he exposes his vulnerabilities and shares them with the world in that poetic, eloquent way of his. It takes courage to do that and it's something I really admire about him.

Brooke
08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
And something else about them (Don and Glenn in particular), more than likely when they set out to become "rock stars" and made their way to LA, I bet they thought they would be just that: wild, crazy, macho, hard rock & rollers, jamming and loud all the time. And then they came up with such tender and poignant songs like Tequila Sunrise, Peaceful Easy Feeling and Desperado (and then of course Best of My Love, Heart of the Matter and Waiting In the Weeds). You just know that that wasn't intended in the beginning! I just really bet they hadn't planned on showing their hearts like that! lol

Freypower
08-23-2010, 07:27 PM
A couple of Glenn's songs are poignant and heartfelt too, namely You Are Not Alone and It's Your World Now.

I was listening to a live version of New Kid In Town yesterday and all the passion in it came rushing back. I miss it.

sodascouts
08-24-2010, 12:21 AM
Several of Glenn's songs are personal, but in most he's telling a story - nothing wrong with that. Christine McVie does the same thing. Regardless, he always conveys a lot of emotion in his vocal and to me, pretty much every song sounds heartfelt. It must be the actor in him!

It's interesting you bring up "It's Your World Now" because when explaining the song, Glenn distances himself and says something like "The guy in the song is dying."

You are dead on about "You Are Not Alone" though.

Maleah
08-24-2010, 12:29 AM
In my opinion, he shines his brightest when he exposes his vulnerabilities and shares them with the world in that poetic, eloquent way of his. It takes courage to do that and it's something I really admire about him.

It really does! I know just sharing something I wrote with one friend or even a family member is terrifying because part of you doesn't want anyone to know something that personal! I can't imagine having millions of people hearing you pour out your heart. I admire him a lot for it as well!

Freypower
08-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Several of Glenn's songs are personal, but in most he's telling a story - nothing wrong with that. Christine McVie does the same thing. Regardless, he always conveys a lot of emotion in his vocal and to me, pretty much every song sounds heartfelt. It must be the actor in him!

It's interesting you bring up "It's Your World Now" because when explaining the song, Glenn distances himself and says something like "The guy in the song is dying."

You are dead on about "You Are Not Alone" though.

I didn't say IYWN was 'personal'. I said it was 'poignant and heartfelt'. I am not going into any sort of debate about whether Don's songs are 'personal' and Glenn's are just 'stories'. To me, Waiting In The Weeds is a 'story', no matter how emotional the vocal is. I may well be wrong, but as far as I know he is still married and has not endured the type of breakup that occurs in that song.

04-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I'm reviving this old thread because this seemed to fit my mood. I thought I would use it to mention that I listened to Already Gone a couple of times today in recognition of this day being the 37th anniversary of its release as a single.

So if you want to celebrate, here's a good download from EOC ...

Already Gone from the Kirshner Rock Concert, 1974!
Download as .mpg (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/AlreadyGoneKirshner74.mpg) (49 megs)
Download as .wmv (http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/live/AlreadyGoneKirshner74.wmv) (11 megs)

WalshFan88
04-19-2011, 02:29 PM
Love love love Already Gone. In the Eagles tribute it was my favorite song to play along with Hotel California. On The Border keeps going between 2nd and 3rd place for favorite Eagles album, fighting with "The Long Run", for 2nd place... On The Border usually wins! :D

Freypower
04-19-2011, 05:16 PM
This thread was very eloquent - not when it came to me though. I didn't have a 'song of the moment' and I'm afraid I still don't. I'm too preoccupied with some 'other' songs at the moment & I honestly don't really know how to get the Eagles thing back. Maybe someone can suggest something. :headscratch: I will say the last Eagles song I heard was Lyin' Eyes which I think you all know is a favourite of mine. I wish I could say more than that.

EaglesKiwi
04-20-2011, 05:37 AM
TI honestly don't really know how to get the Eagles thing back. Maybe someone can suggest something. :headscratch:
Maybe a while with no Eagles at all - ipod or radio etc - then go back to your favourite (Hell Freezes Over?) after a good break.

After downloading the EOTI album on itunes, my current song of the moment is "Last Worthless Evening".

TimothyBFan
04-20-2011, 08:13 AM
This thread was very eloquent - not when it came to me though. I didn't have a 'song of the moment' and I'm afraid I still don't. I'm too preoccupied with some 'other' songs at the moment & I honestly don't really know how to get the Eagles thing back. Maybe someone can suggest something. :headscratch: I will say the last Eagles song I heard was Lyin' Eyes which I think you all know is a favourite of mine. I wish I could say more than that.

WOW---Me either FP!! I actually have been concentrating on my beloved Cars lately because of all the excitement with the new album (less than 2 weeks now). I will be sporting a new avi & sig for a couple of weeks for the occasion starting next week.

Never fear-I know I will be back at it again very, very soon (don't ever stray from the guys for long). Even when dreaming of someone else (Benjamin) the Eagles were still there also. :lol:

Brooke
04-20-2011, 10:11 AM
I've been listening to the Desperado album this week for obvious reasons and I'm really appreciating all the songs on that album. It's really going to be hard for me to pick a favorite when the time comes, but the current song of the moment is Doolin' Dalton-Desperado Reprise. I just love all their voices on it. The whole song, lyrics, voices, just get me! :heart:

04-20-2011, 10:19 AM
Welcome to my world, twin-separated-at-birth! :grin:

Freypower
04-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Maybe a while with no Eagles at all - ipod or radio etc - then go back to your favourite (Hell Freezes Over?) after a good break.

After downloading the EOTI album on itunes, my current song of the moment is "Last Worthless Evening".

Perhaps I need to play all the albums in the car; but HFO is nowhere near my favourite Eagles album; that is still Hotel California but with strong reservations.

I did hear I Love To Watch A Woman Dance yesterday. I enjoyed that. ;-)

Glennhoney
04-21-2011, 11:43 AM
..The Allnighter:fainting:

04-21-2011, 11:53 AM
..The Allnighter:fainting:

Yep GH - The Allnighter is definitely gasp and swoon material! :grin:

I've been listening to the Desperado album this week because it's the anniversary celebration week. I repeat - I LOVE the entire album, but the Dooin' Dalton/Desperado Reprise is my absolute fav!

WalshFan88
04-22-2011, 05:18 AM
One Of These Nights is my Eagles song right now. Listened to it a bunch in the last couple days. I love the vocals and Felder's guitar solo.

Just a great song.....very smoooooooth if ya know what I mean! :twisted: :hilarious:

rcknalwys
05-01-2011, 03:54 PM
TITTL is a huge favorite in my family. We even have a tradition of singing it together every New Year-even if we aren't all together we it by phone! But that said, WITW holds a tight grip on my heart. So much has been written here that I don't need to explain myself I'm sure!:grooving:

Tori
08-05-2011, 09:51 PM
I have two- the first is Best Of My Love, specifically the Live Millenium Version off of the Selected Works album. It's just one of those songs I can listen to over and over again. The second is Learn To Be Still, but it's always been a favorite of mine. I really like the HFO version. Especially before it starts, when Glenn says that they made it up an hour ago. :nahnah:

Freypower
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Having just re-read this, where I said a couple of times I didn't have a song of the moment because I was preoccupied with 'other' songs; that's still the case. I played most of the Eagles songs at the time of Don's birthday & nothing really stood out apart from I Dreamed There Was No War, perhaps. I have just made a signature for that (I don't know why I didn't do it before). And not even any solo songs are particular favourites at the moment. I agree with Tori about Learn To Be Still though - I love it & always have done.

GlennLover
08-06-2011, 10:02 PM
I have been playing The Girl From Yesterday alot this week. I love Glenn's voice on this (not that I don't love his voice on every song he sings, LOL)!

Windeagle
08-07-2011, 06:34 PM
Bitter Creek came up on the shuffle today and it was just the right song to hear at that moment. It was very soothing to sing along with the "oohs".

Btw, Ann, love your avatar. That's always been one of my favorite Glenn pics.

GlennLover
08-07-2011, 11:28 PM
Btw, Ann, love your avatar. That's always been one of my favorite Glenn pics.

Thanks, it's one of mine too.

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/ss232/1Cdn/Glenn/glenngirl-1.jpg

Troubadour
08-09-2011, 09:17 AM
Yes, VERY nice photo!

My Eagles song of the moment is Tequila Sunrise. The '70s live version with the added verse at the end... Love it. Glenn's voice is so smooth and it just takes me somewhere else.

GlennLover
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
My Eagles song of the moment is Tequila Sunrise. The '70s live version with the added verse at the end... Love it. Glenn's voice is so smooth and it just takes me somewhere else.

I love that Mexico verse. I wish there was an audio of it so I can put it on my iPod. I'm sure there is a way to do it, but I am not that technologically savvy.

Windeagle
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Mexico verse?! I didn't know there was another verse!

Troubadour
08-09-2011, 08:51 PM
Here you go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ov92GTJ114

I believe Glenn only sang the extra verse sometimes in the '70s... I love the lyrics. It doesn't hurt that Glenn looks smokin' hot in this concert!

Windeagle
08-09-2011, 10:33 PM
Thank you!!! I've never seen that version.

And agreed. Glenn's lookin' really good in that one.

Brooke
08-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Yep, :smokin: :thud:

What a way to start my day!

EaglesKiwi
08-10-2011, 05:32 PM
My song of the moment is "Everybody Knows" from the Very Best of DH.

I'd love to hear that live... possibly shortened though, it's quite long. But Don's voice is perfect for that song.

Troubadour
08-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Oh yes! I absolutely love Leonard Cohen, but Don does a great version of that song, too. The lyrics are worth listening carefully to.

EaglesFanatic
08-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Thank you Troub, for posting the Tequila Sunrise video! I haven't been able to find a vid with the extra verse.

I'd say my favorite Eagles/solo song of the moment would probably be After the Thrill is Gone. I just melt every time I hear him sing the line, Any kind of love without passion. So much emotion! I also love the guitar solo.

sodascouts
08-12-2011, 03:35 PM
HOLY CRAP Glenn looks good in that video. I usually don't like that much hair on a guy but he pulls it off. I remember when I was becoming a fan - I watched the Houston 1976 DVD and was blown away. It wasn't so much the looks - although that didn't hurt lol - as it was the passion of the performance.

I love that Mexico verse. I wish there was an audio of it so I can put it on my iPod.

Here's an MP3:
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/TequilaSunriseHouston76.mp3

Henley Honey
08-12-2011, 03:43 PM
HOLY CRAP Glenn looks good in that video.

Hot, hairy & devastatingly handsome. Yum.

GlennLover
08-14-2011, 01:08 AM
Here's an MP3:
http://www.glennfreyonline.com/multimedia/MP3/TequilaSunriseHouston76.mp3

Thanks so much, Soda!

EaglesKiwi
08-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Thanks for posting that TS clip, Troub, it was new to me too!

After it finished, I clicked on some of the other clips and found "Turn To Stone" which I'd never heard... :partytime:

08-14-2011, 11:53 AM
I thought I would just mention for those of you who are new or haven't visited the Eagles Online Central sites that there are downloads on EOC and all of the member sites. The quickest way to get to the sites is to click the links at the bottom of each page on The Border. If you haven't had time to check them out, you are missing some real treats. Go for it!!! :partytime:

(Just another hint, the JoeWalshOnline banner in my sig is also a live link to JWO.)

Windeagle
08-15-2011, 06:29 AM
I was just exploring those downloads on EOC and GFO last night. There's some really great stuff. Loved hearing Journey of the Sorceror live in Boston!

I was looking for the HFO outtake of Lover's Moon that someone mentioned on an old GF thread, but I didn't see it. All I found was GF solo in Osaka 1992. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

sodascouts
08-16-2011, 02:07 AM
Glad you enjoyed the downloads!

That song used to be on YouTube but it's gone now. The best I can do is point you to Google.

whitcap
08-16-2011, 02:57 AM
I was looking for the HFO outtake of Lover's Moon that someone mentioned on an old GF thread, but I didn't see it. All I found was GF solo in Osaka 1992. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

See if this works: http://www.mediafire.com/?vlp9768b2320f3s

Windeagle
08-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Thank you, Whitcap. It worked. What a lovely version of that song!

sodascouts
08-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Glenn and Don harmonizing on that sound terrific!

Brooke
08-17-2011, 09:56 AM
Just beautiful! Thanks wc!

WalshFan88
08-17-2011, 10:57 PM
After The Thrill Is Gone just came on and I really like it. Kind of forgot about it.

Glennsallnighter
08-18-2011, 06:12 AM
Yeah, I love when that happens with any song. I was playing LE on the guitar last night so I'm kinda in the LE mood at the moment!

WalshFan88
08-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I love when that happens with any song. I was playing LE on the guitar last night so I'm kinda in the LE mood at the moment!

Very cool. I played it in the tribute band of course but I never play it in solo shows - it wears me out trying to sing all of those lyrics. :rofl: I haven't played LE in forever - I need to refresh myself.

In my solo shows with a backing band I do TIE and PEF on acoustic and AG and HT on electric. Then I also do WA, LBG, and Funk #49 from Joe's stuff. I can't sing Henley's songs even though he is my favorite singer of all time and in the Eagles. Too high of a voice. I can sing Frey's stuff decently - in the solo shows I'm the frontman and do the singing.

Tori
08-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I've been listening to Get Over It a lot lately. (On a related note, might anyone have an mp3 of the HFO version of the song?)

whitcap
08-21-2011, 04:08 PM
I've been listening to Get Over It a lot lately. (On a related note, might anyone have an mp3 of the HFO version of the song?)

Here you go :): http://www.mediafire.com/?k355fcmcll5xai3

Glennsallnighter
08-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Very cool. I played it in the tribute band of course but I never play it in solo shows - it wears me out trying to sing all of those lyrics. :rofl: I haven't played LE in forever - I need to refresh myself.

In my solo shows with a backing band I do TIE and PEF on acoustic and AG and HT on electric. Then I also do WA, LBG, and Funk #49 from Joe's stuff. I can't sing Henley's songs even though he is my favorite singer of all time and in the Eagles. Too high of a voice. I can sing Frey's stuff decently - in the solo shows I'm the frontman and do the singing.

My Radio station plays a version of it which goes as far as the first chorus, then it cuts to 'she gets up.......' etc. I guess it's to suit the standard time allocated to each song. It sounds pretty well and for the unseasoned fan, they met not even be aware that verses are missing. BUT obviously I would prefer the full version. But maybe if you play it again, that's a suggestion! Glenn :heart: played it really well the last 2 nights.

Topkat
09-11-2011, 09:32 PM
Right now Don Henley singing New York Minute is on my mind.
Don's words & Timmy's baseline is just haunting, especially today on 9/11
"The wolf is always at the door" Just gives me the chills.
As a New Yorker, words were never so true.
http://youtu.be/_IVE1LguNJw

sodascouts
09-11-2011, 09:49 PM
Another one of Don's that's very appropriate is "The End of the Innocence." In fact, according to Stevie Nicks, she actually called Don Henley from New York on 9/11 to tell him, "Your song is coming true."

Oh beautiful for spacious skies, but now those skies are threatening...

TimothyBFan
09-12-2011, 07:30 AM
Another one of Don's that's very appropriate is "The End of the Innocence." In fact, according to Stevie Nicks, she actually called Don Henley from New York on 9/11 to tell him, "Your song is coming true."

Oh beautiful for spacious skies, but now those skies are threatening...

I hadn't heard that about Stevie but she was very right. Hadn't really thought about EOTI in that respect but very valid point.

Topkat
09-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I think maybe she meant NY Minute, because it did happen in NY. I don't really see EOTI in a way that relates to the incident. I think the Innocence was lost a really long time ago....... At least mine was! :)

sodascouts
09-12-2011, 02:48 PM
No, she explicitly said it was "End of the Innocence" in one of her journals, because she thought America had lost its innocence and sense of invulnerability.

However, I'd have to agree that "New York Minute" is very applicable.

Windeagle
10-19-2011, 08:47 PM
My CD of the moment is a copy of the '73 Holland show that Pueblo47 recently shared with me (Thank you, Pueblo!). I decided to put it into my car CD player so I could listen while commuting.

What a treasure! I've never heard the guys sound so raw and fresh and young. There are rockin' live jams of songs you never hear now. There's feedback and humorous reactions to it ("THAT wasn't part of the song," says Glenn). There's laughter and chatter and flubbed notes. There's uneven miking and random pre-song tuning. My Lord, these guys are human!

None of these things would see the light of day in a 2011 Eagles show, with its polished perfection. It's refreshing to hear it here. The boys sound like a bar band, full of energy and fun and promise, and I love it!

Tori
10-19-2011, 09:08 PM
I've been hooked on Good Day In Hell lately. I don't know why - it's just an awesome song.

Freypower
10-19-2011, 09:59 PM
If I have one at the moment it's You Are Not Alone, as I saw that performed in August & it was beautiful.

GlennLover
10-20-2011, 12:06 PM
I've been hooked on Good Day In Hell lately. I don't know why - it's just an awesome song.

I've loved it since I first heard it on OTB. Lately I have been listening to it a lot too. It rocks!

Henley Honey
10-20-2011, 12:12 PM

That is so funny -- me too! I hadn't listened to it it a while, but I was thinking about what songs I'd like to hear on the 40th Anniversary tour and Good Day In Hell was my first choice. Now, I can't stop playing it or hearing it in my head. Love the intro and the "blue-sy" feel. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
04-21-2012, 07:26 PM
Life in the Fast Lane...keep playing it...actually can't believe I'm gonna get to see them sing it live...wow

zelda

WalshFan88
04-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Victim Of Love

Troubadour
04-24-2012, 03:55 PM
The One You Love

Koala
04-25-2012, 12:55 AM
Take It Easy

EaglesKiwi
04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Learn To Be Still

zeldabjr
04-26-2012, 03:56 PM
Learn To Be Still

as I was just reading your post...that song is playing on my computer!

zelda

EaglesKiwi
04-28-2012, 05:31 AM
as I was just reading your post...that song is playing on my computer!

zelda
Love when that happens - sharing a moment!

GlennLover
04-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Desperado from Glenn Frey Live

Troubadour
05-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Walk Away

WalshFan88
05-28-2012, 01:20 PM
The Long Run

Troubadour
05-29-2012, 07:47 AM
Turn To Stone. After hearing it live... wow!

Glennsallnighter
05-29-2012, 05:42 PM
The Heat is On - new version! I soooo love this. I hope Glenn :heart: thinks to release it on a future album.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-29-2012, 06:01 PM
The Heat is On - new version! I soooo love this. I hope Glenn :heart: thinks to release it on a future album.

It made me smile every time I heard it, that's for sure!

Windeagle
05-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Ever since I heard Glenn dedicated it to Cindy at Wiltern, I keep playing For Sentimental Reasons.

zeldabjr
09-14-2012, 10:27 PM
gotta be Walk Away...wish there was a live version on a CD

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2012, 11:10 AM
gotta be Walk Away...wish there was a live version on a CD

This is very often my song of the moment. The Eagles live version, as well as Joe's solo live version, completely blows away the original recording, IMO. Fortunately, I've been to enough concerts lately, plus viewing the Farewell DVD that I can play it in my head when I want to hear it!

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Ok for me....before the concert, It was "One day at a time" off of anolog man...I even copied the words out of the cd even thought I know them by heart so that when I get stuck on hold with an out of state insurance company, It catches me eye...."ONE DAY AT A TIME".

Right now I have LROOE in the car cd cause I just got "How long" stuck in my head cause I go to seeing them sitting there singing it live in AC at revel, along with "What do I do with my heart" and I love how GF and Dh sing on that and when It gets to the point of GF asking "what do I do with my heart.....I scream I'll tell you what to do" ....LOL

For me , a lot of DH songs the lyrics really hold true for me. So I guess I am just stuck in eagles radio for ever and ever and it aint a bad place to be in my book:applause:

tt

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:51 AM
Ok share ...where did you get that.???

I loved it when he did it in concert.:heart::heart::heart:

tt

Tiffanny Twisted
09-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Ever since I heard Glenn dedicated it to Cindy at Wiltern, I keep playing For Sentimental Reasons.
Ok thats how I feel about Ella JEan

When JAH and I saw him at the Keswick in Glenside, it was the first time that I had heard the song and the way he introduced it and taked about how much he missed his wife...that was so romantic and I just love that song cause of the way I heard it for the very first time:heart:

TT

Freypower
09-15-2012, 09:47 PM
The Look Of Love & I'm Getting Old Before My Time.

The second song surprises me. Last night it nearly brought me to tears. Yet it's nowhere near my favourite track; but the embarrasment of riches on that album is extremely gratifying.:fainting:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-15-2012, 10:03 PM
The Look Of Love & I'm Getting Old Before My Time.

The second song surprises me. Last night it nearly brought me to tears. Yet it's nowhere near my favourite track; but the embarrasment of riches on that album is extremely gratifying.:fainting:

I know what you mean. I listened to it on the way home this evening. The Good Life. He just reaches out and grabs you in the first line, first note, and holds you there.

WalshFan88
09-16-2012, 02:04 AM
The Boys Of Summer. Heard a Nashville guitarist doing a rendition of it (Luke Bryan's guitarist) and refreshed my memory on it.

09-16-2012, 12:22 PM
Every Song Is You has been repeatedly popping in and out of my head ever since we played Tim's Survivor game. As those of you who played the game know, I love it and it's my favorite Tim solo song, so it's a nice problem to have. :thumbsup:

zeldabjr
09-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Every Song Is You has been repeatedly popping in and out of my head ever since we played Tim's Survivor game. As those of you who played the game know, I love it and it's my favorite Tim solo song, so it's a nice problem to have. :thumbsup:

oh yeah!!! I agree :inlove:...I love the games on the board...I was looking at an old thread from a few years ago and saw a game called "Name the Eagle"...that sounded interesting...any chance we could do that again?

sodascouts
09-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Why not?

zeldabjr
09-16-2012, 08:46 PM
I just got Selected Works and have listened to the millennium concert over and over now...can't get "Funky New Year" out of my head...I love it!!!:)

Grey Sadler
09-16-2012, 10:02 PM
I'll have to go with "How Long" as my song of the moment...iTunes claims I've played it 9 times, JUST on the computer...gotta be more in the car/on the phone :partytime:

And this "Name the Eagle" game sounds interesting...?

Troubadour
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
The End of the Innocence

Topkat
09-17-2012, 12:17 PM
Ever since I got back from Atlantic City, I can't seem to get "Take it To the Limit" off my brain! :wave:

12-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Ever since our Hotel California celebration last week, I can't get Wasted Time off my mind. I love the song, but it keeps playing over and over in my head. Well, I could have a lot worse problem, that's for sure!

Tiffanny Twisted
12-19-2012, 11:07 PM
please come home for christmas ooh sing it don melt my heart....

TimothyBFan
12-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Since I've been in holiday mode, it's Please Come Home For Christmas and Funky New Year. Both on my Christmas playlist on the iPod and I've been listening to Sirius Holly channel and the play PCHFC several times a day.

Grey Sadler
12-20-2012, 10:23 AM
Band: Apparently, One of These Nights (15 plays on iTunes)...probably from playing it endlessly trying to find Glenn's vocal part!! :lol:

Solo: according to iTunes, Randy's "Never Been in Love" has 25 plays (just on my PC)...I know it wasn't a huge hit back then, but it got a lot of airplay here in east TN that summer of 1982 :D

Witchy Woman
12-23-2012, 11:23 PM
Right now, I'm all about Don's duets, particularly "Love Her Like She's Leavin'" and "Break Each Others Hearts Again". I know he's not figured very prominently in the first one, but the singing he does do is fantastic and very soulful and I love the way he blends with Reba in "Hearts".

Koala
12-24-2012, 02:58 AM
What's your Eagles/solo song of the moment? You are not alone

Tiffanny Twisted
01-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Right now, I'm all about Don's duets, particularly "Love Her Like She's Leavin'" and "Break Each Others Hearts Again". I know he's not figured very prominently in the first one, but the singing he does do is fantastic and very soulful and I love the way he blends with Reba in "Hearts".
Yes I love the don and reba song too. great one

WalshFan88
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
Rocky Mountain Way... Don't know why. But I seem to be listening to it a lot.

zeldabjr
01-03-2013, 01:20 AM
funny you say that Austin...I've had it in my head since Sunday night!

Troubadour
01-08-2013, 02:32 PM
Desperado. It's such a simple, beautiful song and it still moves me. I adore the lyrics and the way Don sings it (even though he isn't satisfied with the original recording!) I particularly love the line "Now it seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table, but you only want the ones that you can't get"... It still resonates.

GlennLover
01-08-2013, 03:24 PM
Desperado. It's such a simple, beautiful song and it still moves me. I adore the lyrics and the way Don sings it (even though he isn't satisfied with the original recording!) I particularly love the line "Now it seems to me some fine things have been laid upon your table, but you only want the ones that you can't get"... It still resonates.

Timeless. I can listen to it over & over.

EagleLady
01-08-2013, 03:32 PM
My Man is my current Eagles song. Such a beautiful melody and those lyrics make you think.

Houston Debutante
01-08-2013, 05:11 PM

Oh I know. I wish you could hear him better in Love Her Like She's Leavin'. Another duet a lot of people don't think about is It's So Easy with Sheryl Crow.

Grey Sadler
01-08-2013, 11:24 PM
"Turn to Stone" from Houston, 1976...thanks to EOC :D

RebeccaLovesEagles
01-21-2013, 09:10 PM
Doolin Daltons/Desperado Reprise is my all time favorite
:spin:

Troubadour
01-22-2013, 10:56 AM
After the Thrill is Gone

Troubadour
01-30-2013, 04:01 PM
The Last Worthless Evening and The One You Love

Freypower
01-30-2013, 05:39 PM
Probably still Route 66 building up to three weeks time.

Houston Debutante
01-31-2013, 01:44 PM
Talking To The Moon.

EaglesKiwi
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
I love Talking To The Moon!

I have LROOE in the CD player at the moment, and will be putting on After Hours soon in preparation for 38 days time... still hasn't really sunk in.

Troubadour
01-31-2013, 03:19 PM
How exciting, EK!

01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Well - I think I know what you mean, EK. My song of the moment is How Long. However, I'll be driving to VA's house in the morning en route to Atlantic City, so it could change depending on which CDs I decide to listen to for the trip.

zeldabjr
02-07-2013, 04:53 PM
ever since I saw those videos with Ringo's AllStarr Band...I can't get Keep On Tryin' out of my head!

Troubadour
02-09-2013, 06:34 PM
Outlaw Man

zeldabjr
02-26-2013, 04:50 PM
I've had Victim of Love in my head for the last week!!...then Felder did it...and now I really can't get it out of my head...

Troubadour
02-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Best Of My Love

Outlawman13
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
How Long (LOL my dad is playing it right now)

zeldabjr
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Best Of My Love

I adore this song...but it gets me kind of melancholy and mushy feeling...

WalshFan88
03-02-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm in a Long Run kind of mood today....

Right now listening to ICTYW.

Outlawman13
03-02-2013, 05:28 PM
Mine would have to be Twenty-One right now. Love that song!!!!

Windeagle
03-20-2013, 09:48 PM
Today I have Frey's "Lover's Moon" stuck in my head. Mmm, love the guitar in that one.

bluefox4000
03-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Eagles- is it true?
Solo- Damn it Rose.

Mick

AstraeaLunaAvani
03-21-2013, 04:22 AM
Right now I can't get enough of Too Many Hands...I liked it before but after I learned what it was about, I love it even more now! I think Randy's songs could have easily been singles (this one, and Take the Devil, and Certain Kind of Fool). So yeah...really diggin' this song lately! :drummer:

Houston Debutante
03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
Leather and Lace

Windeagle
03-22-2013, 09:35 AM
Right now I can't get enough of Too Many Hands...I liked it before but after I learned what it was about, I love it even more now! I think Randy's songs could have easily been singles (this one, and Take the Devil, and Certain Kind of Fool). So yeah...really diggin' this song lately! :drummer:

I LOVE Too Many Hands! Take the Devil is also another of my favorites too.

whitcap
03-27-2013, 02:01 PM
My Eagles song of the moment is Lyin' Eyes. I've been listening to it a lot lately.

Outlawman13
03-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Mine is Peaceful, Easy Feeling. I can't get this song out of my head. LOL don't want to either.

WalshFan88
03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
Eagles - Victim Of Love (all this talk about the singing has me listening to it. love Felder's riff - it's classic)

Solo - Rocky Mountain Way (Love the talkbox and slide)

Grey Sadler
03-27-2013, 10:02 PM
Eagles -- Good Day in Hell...actually a very catchy little tune there!!
...but also Midnight Flyer...I realize I pull into work at least once a week singing it!!

Solo -- oh dear...Randy's entire catalog...is it obvious?? :blush:

desperado
03-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Eagles -- Good Day in Hell...actually a very catchy little tune there!!
...but also Midnight Flyer...I realize I pull into work at least once a week singing it!!

Solo -- oh dear...Randy's entire catalog...is it obvious?? :blush:

"Desperado" live from Hell Freezes over has been on my mind alot lately,
that's how I came up with my screen name.
Also "Boys of Summer". it tends to play on the radio when I need to hear it the most. But there isn't an Eagles song out there that I wouldn't want to hear at any given time

Brooke
03-28-2013, 11:06 AM
there isn't an Eagles song out there that I wouldn't want to hear at any given time

That's me. I really don't have a 'song' of the moment. Love 'em all anytime!

Outlawman13
03-28-2013, 05:08 PM
I love every song of the Eagles as well. LOL. I love them to death.

desperado
03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
Pretty Maids All in the Row

Grey Sadler
03-28-2013, 10:03 PM
Also "Boys of Summer". it tends to play on the radio when I need to hear it the most.

Oh dear...now I'm pulling that one up on YouTube...

Outlawman13
04-05-2013, 12:30 AM
My solo song (of the moment) will have to be Let's Take A Walk In the Dark. I'm so in love with that song right now. LOL. Strange Weather is an amazing album!!!!!

johnnycomelately89
04-10-2013, 12:50 AM
i was walking down the street after class today and my eagles pandora played you belong to the city. my normal walk automatically turned into a miami vice style strut. that song is AMAZING.

LA Eagle
04-10-2013, 11:30 AM
For the last few days it has been "Try and Love Again". Never had pd much attention to it until recently:shock:

Outlawman13
04-10-2013, 05:06 PM
My Eagles song (at this moment) is My Man and Good Day in Hell. I love all of them for sure, but these two stand out. LOL.

sad-cafe
04-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Life in the Fast Lane is in my vehicle CD player and I play it every day after a long day of teaching.

Currently I am listening to Bitter Creek

Grey Sadler
04-10-2013, 09:03 PM
...gotta be Take it To The Limit...was singing it as loud as possible in my empty classroom before lunch yesterday after a heartfelt convo with my principal...and I was singing along this morning on the way into the parking lot :D

Sad-Cafe...what grade/subject do you teach?

johnnycomelately89
04-11-2013, 05:56 AM
My eagles song of tonight to sing during karaoke was "how long" I already knew all the words. I was out with my little sister and her girlfriends and lets just say I impressed enough of them that I felt like an eagle back In 1972!

EaglesKiwi
04-11-2013, 03:49 PM
My Eagles song (at this moment) is My Man and Good Day in Hell. I love all of them for sure, but these two stand out. LOL.
Good Day In Hell is my dog agility theme song. :hilarious: (Actually that's been going really well lately, but I certainly had many months of that chorus being appropriate!).

I'm really loving the whole Desperado album. Certain Kind of Fool in particular (although every time I hear the DD/D reprise I wonder if anything could be better).

sad-cafe
04-11-2013, 05:21 PM
...gotta be Take it To The Limit...was singing it as loud as possible in my empty classroom before lunch yesterday after a heartfelt convo with my principal...and I was singing along this morning on the way into the parking lot :D

Sad-Cafe...what grade/subject do you teach?

HS social studies, Music appreciation and Financial LIteracy

Grey Sadler
04-11-2013, 05:40 PM
HS social studies, Music appreciation and Financial LIteracy

Cool...I'm Biology (but will probably have to do Physical Science again at some point), looking to get certified in Bible Literature (current teacher retiring soon)...

interesting, Financial Literacy...TN calls it "Personal Finance" and just made it a requirement the last couple of years...

I've really been into the Desperado album this last day or so, BTW :thumbsup:

sad-cafe
04-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Cool...I'm Biology (but will probably have to do Physical Science again at some point), looking to get certified in Bible Literature (current teacher retiring soon)...

interesting, Financial Literacy...TN calls it "Personal Finance" and just made it a requirement the last couple of years...

I've really been into the Desperado album this last day or so, BTW :thumbsup:

Science curriculum is changing in our neck of the woods and the teachers I know are not too happy. They say the order doesn't make sense and some kids will be missing chunks of things.

Financial Literacy is a hard class, but in my opinion more necessary than algebra. We cover the range from short term - long term goals, banking, credit cards, phishing, interest rates, buying vs. renting/leasing and cost of things. Inflation, deflation, ressessions and more. It is pretty intense, but hopefully will help kids make better financial decisions in the Long Run

I'm listening to Bitter Creek right now :)

Grey Sadler
04-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Science curriculum is changing in our neck of the woods and the teachers I know are not too happy. They say the order doesn't make sense and some kids will be missing chunks of things.
Yeah, the Next Gen. Science Standards just got released yesterday...starting to muddle through them, even though we all agree that our state testing for Science will be the last to be overhauled :D

I'm listening to Bitter Creek right now :)Good song (even if I'm voting it off the island in the other thread!) :thumbsup:

VAisForEagleLovers
04-11-2013, 08:39 PM
I have Hotel California in my head. The version in the second part of the movie, where people are in a sushi bar smacking those boards together. I keep hearing that over and over in my head...

WalshFan88
04-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Peaceful Easy Feeling

sad-cafe
04-13-2013, 04:04 PM
I just got the Desperado CD in the mail today. I have it on Vinyl but wanted the CD :)

Tiffanny Twisted
04-13-2013, 07:51 PM
solo BOYS OF SUMMER

Outlawman13
04-19-2013, 01:11 PM
I have two solo ones at the moment: Party Town and I've Been Born Again. It is so hard not to listen to those when I'm walking. They are too upbeat!!!!!!!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-21-2013, 10:06 AM
I guess from the discussion of Take It Easy (in the TIE thread), I can't get this song out of my head. Not that I'm trying, mind you...

Outlawman13
04-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I love Take It Easy as well. I wouldn't want that song out of my mind either. LOL

04-21-2013, 01:31 PM
In honor of our Desperado celebration week, I've had the album in my car's CD player all week. The reprise has been stuck in my head for days. BTW - no complaints here as well.

RebeccaLovesEagles
04-21-2013, 01:45 PM
In honor of our Desperado celebration week, I've had the album in my car's CD player all week. The reprise has been stuck in my head for days. BTW - no complaints here as well.

I love the reprise :)

Outlawman13
04-21-2013, 01:50 PM
The reprise is amazing!!!!!!!

Henley Honey
04-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Part Of Me Part Of You

sad-cafe
04-22-2013, 05:53 PM
Those Shoes.

At the end when Felder and Walsh are doing the But Out stuff

Henley sings UMMM Shoes in SUCH a sexy manner. I can see him going umm and setting his lips just so MMMM my my my

Victim of Love
04-22-2013, 06:55 PM
Walking thru the store a few days ago and Hotel California came on their MUSAK system....it's been looping thru my head ever since and I just can't seem to shake it!

HiredHand
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Best of my love. I'll never forget rummaging through my sister's CD collection and finding Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975. I had to be 12 or 13. I've been a fan ever since.

Houston Debutante
04-23-2013, 03:24 PM
Waiting in the Weeds.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-23-2013, 07:49 PM
I didn't have the chance to say that after the Boston bombings, HITW was in my head for a day or two.

Grey Sadler
04-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Best of my love. I'll never forget rummaging through my sister's CD collection and finding Eagles Greatest Hits 1971-1975. I had to be 12 or 13. I've been a fan ever since.

Same here, except it was my two stepbrothers' LP collection :D

Outlawman13
04-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Mine (right now) is Lying Eyes!!!!! I hear it on the radio and when my dad is jaming out on his guitar. LOL. It's kind of haunting me (not that I'm complaining in any way). LOL.

Brooke
04-25-2013, 10:15 AM
Right now, every time I hear the original recording of PEF, Glenn's voice just makes me melt. He sounds so sweet and so young. Love, love, love! <insert melting icon> :inlove:

HiredHand
04-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Right now, every time I hear the original recording of PEF, Glenn's voice just makes me melt. He sounds so sweet and so young. Love, love, love! <insert melting icon> :inlove:

That is the quintessential Eagles sound!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Since reading Brooke's post in another thread that George Jones passed on today, I've had Glenn's 'Worried Mind' floating through my head. Glenn's version and not George's, because as much as I adore The Possum, if I have a choice in whose voice is in my head (and I do) I'll pick Glenn's every time.

"Now after you've gone, all alone I pine. For all that I got is a worried mind."

Brooke
04-26-2013, 01:19 PM
I must agree with you VA! Much as we'll miss George, I prefer Glenn's voice to be the one stuck in my head!

Freypower
04-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Since reading Brooke's post in another thread that George Jones passed on today, I've had Glenn's 'Worried Mind' floating through my head. Glenn's version and not George's, because as much as I adore The Possum, if I have a choice in whose voice is in my head (and I do) I'll pick Glenn's every time.

"Now after you've gone, all alone I pine. For all that I got is a worried mind."

I like it more now having had part of it sung directly to me. People always tell me I look worried. It was probably to do with that. :hilarious:

When he talked about it in Australia it was Ray Charles' version he referenced, not George Jones'.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-26-2013, 09:38 PM
I like it more now having had part of it sung directly to me. People always tell me I look worried. It was probably to do with that. :hilarious:

When he talked about it in Australia it was Ray Charles' version he referenced, not George Jones'.

Yes, I know, he said it at every concert I went to. It does sound like Ray Charles's version except the steel guitars were in George's version. George changed up the melody and bit and made it 'twang' more. Glenn's version is heavy in steel guitar, though, and Ray's version has none. I was a little older when George Jones's version came out so I've always remembered it as a song of his.

Outlawman13
04-26-2013, 11:12 PM
Mine is River Of Dreams right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love that song!!!

sodascouts
04-27-2013, 04:52 PM
I don't know if this counts, but I've had "Walkaway Joe" stuck in my head today!

VAisForEagleLovers
04-27-2013, 05:59 PM
I don't know if this counts, but I've had "Walkaway Joe" stuck in my head today!

It counts, but... Thank you for that earworm, I'll be hearing it the rest of the evening.

VAisForEagleLovers
04-30-2013, 11:06 AM
I guess from watching Part 1 again last night, I have Wasted Times stuck in my head. I can live with that!

sodascouts
04-30-2013, 08:42 PM
Waiting in the Weeds.

Outlawman13
04-30-2013, 10:38 PM
Part of Me, Part of You since my dad was singing that on our walk. I adore that song.

WalshFan88
05-02-2013, 07:22 AM
The Long Run

Grey Sadler
05-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Well...I think I'd like to hear more of the "rub your belly in the liniment" song...
Is that wrong?? :lol:

Outlawman13
05-03-2013, 12:53 PM
LOL not wrong at all!!!!

Mine is Peaceful Easy Feeling right now!!!! I get a warm sensation listening to that song.

WalshFan88
05-03-2013, 08:45 PM
My post yesterday was before my DVD set got here and after seeing that concert I have to say it's Take It To The Limit... Randy's voice is SOOOO good. I always liked it, but now I truly love it...

Prettymaid
05-03-2013, 10:28 PM
Randy's performance of TITTL is amazing! As I said in the other thread, I'm so used to hearing these songs, not seeing them. I also like that he smiles a lot.

Outlawman13
05-03-2013, 11:21 PM
I too love Randy's voice so much!!! It is so smooth and very high. Randy's smile is pretty amazing. He has a certain glow to him when he smiles.

WalshFan88
05-04-2013, 06:29 PM
Randy's performance of TITTL is amazing! As I said in the other thread, I'm so used to hearing these songs, not seeing them. I also like that he smiles a lot.

I know.. It's so amazing. I could see why they would want him to sing it. It's very powerful.

Prettymaid
05-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Huh? Wouldn't want him to sing it??? Are you talking about something in the doc which I haven't seen yet?

Freypower
05-04-2013, 08:17 PM
Huh? Wouldn't want him to sing it??? Are you talking about something in the doc which I haven't seen yet?

I have always understood that Randy didn't want to sing it towards the end & Glenn was annoyed with him because of this. I would have thought if the others didn't want him to sing it they would have dropped it from the setlist.

WalshFan88
05-04-2013, 08:24 PM

Sorry that's supposed to be WOULD. Randy didn't want to sing it because he was afraid he couldn't hit the notes anymore.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-05-2013, 11:17 AM
My song of the moment is Take It Easy. No idea why, but I woke up with it going through my head.

sad-cafe
05-05-2013, 11:29 AM
My song is the Boys doing "NEw York Minute"

Hubby is Seven Bridges Road or Hole in the World

05-05-2013, 12:26 PM
Ever since watching the 1977 concert DVD, I can't get New Kid In Town out of my head. I adore the song anyway, but, good grief, those harmonies on the DVD are nothing short of amazing!

Outlawman13
05-05-2013, 12:50 PM
I love their harmonies on that dvd as well!!! God, they never cease to amaze me. Every song on there is incredible.

Outlawman13
05-09-2013, 06:08 PM
Right now mine is Strange Weather!!!! I don't know why, but it's making me cry when I listen to it. The words and the music are so powerful.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 03:41 PM
Right now mine is Strange Weather!!!! I don't know why, but it's making me cry when I listen to it. The words and the music are so powerful.

I have that same problem, tearing up, which is why I don't listen to it as often as it deserves to be listened to. Like you, I have no idea why, really, it just does, every time.

sodascouts
05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
The title track makes you guys tear up? I guess it's different life experiences. The one that can get me misty is "Part of Me, Part of You."

VAisForEagleLovers
05-10-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes, Strange Weather gets me every time. The tune and the idea that there's trouble on the horizon and so many take the path of least resistance and don't fix it when they first suspect the strange weather to be there. Lessons learned and all that.

POMPOY, to be honest, I've always been in such awe of the singing to pay much attention to the words. If he hadn't already been my favorite singer, this song would have put him there.

zeldabjr
05-11-2013, 12:40 AM
Best of my Love...

cricrichan
05-11-2013, 07:08 AM
My song of the moment is TBS "Parachute". I can relate to this song because over the last months I went through health problems and needed surgery, so I felt a little bit depressed :( Thanks to this song I began to be positive again. I finally realized that "it was time to change my attitude and open up my parachute" and now I'm looking at life from a different perspective :D

zeldabjr
05-11-2013, 10:34 AM
My song of the moment is TBS "Parachute". I can relate to this song because over the last months I went through health problems and needed surgery, so I felt a little bit depressed :( Thanks to this song I began to be positive again. I finally realized that "it was time to change my attitude and open up my parachute" and now I'm looking at life from a different perspective :D

you know cricrichan...I think hearing this would make our man very happy!

cricrichan
05-11-2013, 11:35 AM
you know cricrichan...I think hearing this would make our man very happy!

:shock: OMG ... Really??? Could be ... I've never thought about it! Thank you Zeldabjr!!!! I'm very moved by hearing this from you ... your kind words made me cry ... :weep:Thanks!!!! :)

zeldabjr
05-12-2013, 02:18 AM
:shock: OMG ... Really??? Could be ... I've never thought about it! Thank you Zeldabjr!!!! I'm very moved by hearing this from you ... your kind words made me cry ... :weep:Thanks!!!! :)

oh didn't mean to make you cry!...but yeah I think Timothy is a very sensitive guy and it would make his day to know that something he wrote touched one of his fans so much...

cricrichan
05-12-2013, 03:32 AM
oh didn't mean to make you cry!...but yeah I think Timothy is a very sensitive guy and it would make his day to know that something he wrote touched one of his fans so much...

Oh, thank you again Zelda! And don't worry about my tears, I was weeping for joy :D I know Timothy is a sensitive guy ... that's one of the reasons why I love him so much and I think it's the same for you and the other TBS fans :heart:

wasl89
05-12-2013, 01:39 PM
At the moment Take the Devil is my song of the moment. I played it at a local radio station this afternoon because they asked me what my favorite song of the moment was (and that’s always an Eagles song!). That song just makes my day: I love it! :guitar:

Skpx
05-13-2013, 01:39 AM
Ole'55, love the shared phrasing and can just visualize Glenn and Don riding in Gladys with hair blowing never dreaming how big and long their impact would be on all of us.

Troubadour
05-13-2013, 04:47 PM
Wasted Time and Take It To The Limit.

WalshFan88
05-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Those Shoes.... quite possibly my favorite underrated Eagles tune, along with VOL.

sad-cafe
05-14-2013, 06:02 PM
Those Shoes.... quite possibly my favorite underrated Eagles tune, along with VOL.

Oh that is a good song. At the end when Walsh and Felder are doing the Butt Out bit, Don goes umm Shoes. So sexy!

zeldabjr
05-14-2013, 09:05 PM
love VOL...so wish they would do it in concert...had it in my head for weeks after seeing Felder do it in concert...really one of my favorite songs

VAisForEagleLovers
05-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Tequila Sunrise.

sodascouts
05-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Take It Easy. I heard it in the car today and it just felt so perfect, cruising in beautiful summer weather to that exuberant tune.

WalshFan88
05-15-2013, 10:49 PM
Oh that is a good song. At the end when Walsh and Felder are doing the Butt Out bit, Don goes umm Shoes. So sexy!

I know. I've been listening to it the last couple days. I think it's becoming one of my top faves, actually. I always liked it but I just found a new appreciation for it. It's got great guitar and very good lyrics. I haven't heard much of it live though in videos nor have I ever really heard how the recording of it went down. Of course the dual talkboxes going on. Felder plays it in his show now, but I've never found a vid of the Eagles doing it past or present. I think it's even more underrated than Victim Of Love or James Dean, both of which I really like as well.

Freypower
05-15-2013, 10:52 PM
I know. I've been listening to it the last couple days. I think it's becoming one of my top faves, actually. I always liked it but I just found a new appreciation for it. It's got great guitar and very good lyrics. I haven't heard much of it live though in videos nor have I ever really heard how the recording of it went down. Of course the dual talkboxes going on. Felder plays it in his show now, but I've never found a vid of the Eagles doing it past or present. I think it's even more underrated than Victim Of Love or James Dean, both of which I really like as well.

As far as I know they only ever did it at the Millennium Shows. I don't know if they played it on the Long Run tour.

WalshFan88
05-15-2013, 10:57 PM
As far as I know they only ever did it at the Millennium Shows. I don't know if they played it on the Long Run tour.

Interesting.. I think it would have been a very cool thing for two guitars with the talkbox. Also just to hear it live/live recording.

Freypower
05-15-2013, 11:00 PM
Interesting.. I think it would have been a very cool thing for two guitars with the talkbox. Also just to hear it live/live recording.

Haven't you heard the Millennium Version? It's on Selected Works. It's very good.

WalshFan88
05-15-2013, 11:03 PM
Haven't you heard the Millennium Version? It's on Selected Works. It's very good.

That's the one Eagles CD/CD set I don't have. I have all of the greatest hits collections and albums but Selected Works. I need to get it it sounds like.

ThePerfectBeast
05-17-2013, 04:34 AM
It's a good set , plus it has some outtake stuff which is well worth a listen :yay:

My song of the moment is Outlaw Man - love it.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-17-2013, 08:29 AM
That's the one Eagles CD/CD set I don't have. I have all of the greatest hits collections and albums but Selected Works. I need to get it it sounds like.

I don't have it, either! If I remember correctly it's four CDs and I only want the 4th one. The other three is a collection of songs I've already purchased on vinyl, eight-track, cassette, and CD, plus Greatest Hits I on vinyl, eight track, cassette, and CD, plus Very Best Of on CD. I do not need to spend that kind of money on the same songs again regardless of how badly I want that fourth CD!

TimothyBFan
05-17-2013, 08:36 AM

Amen to this statement!!! I love both of these and tend to listen to them more often than most, I think. It helps and Those Shoes is one of Larry's favorite songs.

Topkat
05-17-2013, 08:36 AM
My song of the moment is Boys of Summer. I heard it in the supermarket the other day, & now I can't get it out of my head...

VAisForEagleLovers
05-17-2013, 08:41 AM
My song of the moment is Boys of Summer. I heard it in the supermarket the other day, & now I can't get it out of my head...

I think of it every time I listen to a baseball game!

TimothyBFan
05-17-2013, 08:41 AM
I don't have it, either! If I remember correctly it's four CDs and I only want the 4th one. The other three is a collection of songs I've already purchased on vinyl, eight-track, cassette, and CD, plus Greatest Hits I on vinyl, eight track, cassette, and CD, plus Very Best Of on CD. I do not need to spend that kind of money on the same songs again regardless of how badly I want that fourth CD!

I got mine several years ago on Ebay and only paid like $25 for it brand new and in the box. Just love it. But you have to have disc 3 also with Born To Boogie and Long Run Leftovers (a collection of stuff that would have been on LR if it had been a double album like they originally thought) and Random Victims Part 3. Those are just awesome to hear. I think we even have a thread on here about Random Victims and trying to figure out who's saying what, etc...

TimothyBFan
05-17-2013, 08:45 AM
Regarding Selected Works--just ran to get my box and wanted to tell you what it says about Random Victims Part 3 ---

"The evil Bill Szymczyk always ran a separate two-track machine during our recording sessions. Besides blackmail, his other motivation was to preserve for all time some of the most idiotic things we ever did in a recording studio. Here are some gems from Bill's "Soul Pole" collection."

That right there is worth the price of admission.

VAisForEagleLovers
05-17-2013, 08:57 AM
Regarding Selected Works--just ran to get my box and wanted to tell you what it says about Random Victims Part 3 ---

"The evil Bill Szymczyk always ran a separate two-track machine during our recording sessions. Besides blackmail, his other motivation was to preserve for all time some of the most idiotic things we ever did in a recording studio. Here are some gems from Bill's "Soul Pole" collection."

That right there is worth the price of admission.

Too funny! I can see I'll have to rethink this!

zeldabjr
05-17-2013, 11:21 AM
The Best Of My Love

Troubadour
05-17-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm into Best of My Love right now too, Zelda. Also Lyin' Eyes. The more I listen to that song, the more I love it. Glenn's smooth voice, the incredible harmonies, the guitar work, the lyrics... Perfection!

Outlawman13
05-17-2013, 11:22 PM
I love Lying Eyes!!!! That's my song right now!!!! Glenn's voice gets me everytime I listen to it!!!!!! I love Randy's song Don't Keep It Inside!!! I don't know what it is, but I get a warm feeling when I listen to it!!!

Houston Debutante
05-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Victim Of Love.

Outlawman13
05-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Mine is New Kid In Town. Can't get over that concert footage when Glenn sings that song!!! MMM.

wasl89
05-21-2013, 02:25 PM
Mine is Tryin'! I love Randy's voice in this song and the guitarwork :guitar: