PDA

View Full Version : Concerts

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

TimothyBFan
05-13-2011, 08:50 AM
A few more pics.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eddie%20Money%205-12-11/0512012026.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eddie%20Money%205-12-11/downsized_0512012051.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eddie%20Money%205-12-11/downsized_0512012052.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eddie%20Money%205-12-11/0512012049.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/Eddie%20Money%205-12-11/downsized_0512012050.jpg

Brooke
05-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Sounds like a lot of fun, Willie! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Small venues like that are so much fun. :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
05-13-2011, 01:05 PM
Glad you had a good time Willie! Because of the fact I knew you were going to that concert last night, I had "Two Tickets To Paradise" in my head all day and it's a song I used to play back when I was doing the cover band stuff (before the Eagles tribute) and I was making a guitar video and so I played that song in the video. I hadn't played it in I dunno how many years! :rofl:

TimothyBFan
05-13-2011, 01:23 PM
And Austin--I thought of you last night also. Outside the venue were posters of upcoming concerts that the same promoters are doing and one of them was ZZ Top in Wabashl IN- I pointed at it and told Larry that I had a Borderer friend who was going to be seeing them in Peoria IL soon. :thumbsup: BTW---tickets for that concert went on sale yesterday at 10 and were sold out by 10:30.

WalshFan88
05-13-2011, 01:47 PM
And Austin--I thought of you last night also. Outside the venue were posters of upcoming concerts that the same promoters are doing and one of them was ZZ Top in Wabashl IN- I pointed at it and told Larry that I had a Borderer friend who was going to be seeing them in Peoria IL soon. :thumbsup: BTW---tickets for that concert went on sale yesterday at 10 and were sold out by 10:30.

Yep that show is right around the corner! Can't wait - it's going to be great. I'll have plenty of pics I'm sure from that one! :)

Troubadour
05-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Glad you had a great time, Willie! Thanks for sharing your photos!

sodascouts
05-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Good to hear you enjoyed the show!

Ive always been a dreamer
05-14-2011, 12:50 PM
I'm glad you had a good time too, Willie. And I am very impressed that you got the set list and some nice pictures. You go girl! :thumbsup:

Koala
05-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Willie, glad to hear you had a goog time at the show!

TimothyBFan
05-24-2011, 01:01 PM
So Austin--Getting excited for Thursday night? Hope you have a wonderful time and come back with a great review. Give Frank a big wave for me back there on those drums!!

Prettymaid
05-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Sorry Willie, haven't been on here as much as I'd like. Your pics are good enough for me! My phone camera takes 'blurs'. :hilarious:
Glad Eddie pleased you! :heybaby:

Getting excited for your review and pics WF!

WalshFan88
05-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Will do! Can't wait to write my first Border concert review! :D

Thanks everyone!

WalshFan88
05-25-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm getting pretty excited for tomorrow's show! I've heard from some people who saw that show last night (on a guitar forum) and they said it was amazing! I definitely will do my best with pics and I will also write a review!

Prettymaid
05-26-2011, 07:17 AM
I've been so busy I almost forgot that I have a concert coming up tomorrow night, Friday. We're going to see REO Speedwagon at the historic Virginia Theatre in Champaign, IL. I've seen them several times over the years, but haven't seen them since 1996 (with Eddie Money).

Austin, I'll be thinking about you tonight . Hope you enjoy it!

Annabel
05-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Have fun Cathy. :thumbsup: I became and REO Speedwagon fan after my first trip to the US way back in 1980 when I stayed with my Uncle in Miami. Bought their L P back with me too. Not kept up with them since that must admit.

Austin, hope you have fun tonight too. :thumbsup:

05-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Have a great time at your concerts, Austin and Cathy. Can't wait to hear all about them!

WalshFan88
05-26-2011, 02:58 PM
Thanks everyone! I can't wait! I'm literally counting down the time before I leave for the Civic Center! :hilarious:

Can't wait to report back with a full review and pics for everyone! Everyone I've talked to that's seen these two bands on this particular tour say it's amazing. And it will be even more so since I am front row! I am super excited! It'll be my 2nd front row concert. I saw REO Speedwagon (with Styx and .38 Special) last year front row and it was amazing too.

Cathy - Enjoy your concert! I love REO - Dave Amato is one of my favorite players and he is a very down to earth kind of guy, I've talked to him over the net a few times about guitars actually (he has a website with contact info) and he is one of the most humble yet amazing guitarists I've came across.

TimothyBFan
05-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Cathy-have a great time at REO tonight!! Good way to kick off a weekend. :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
05-27-2011, 03:22 PM
Hey everyone here is some pics from last night to tide you over until I get a review wrote up.

I'm actually sick right now as ZZ Top last night burned incense on the stage and had a blower into the air and I'm allergic and my throat is so sore I can't talk or swallow and I'm in a great deal of pain and may have to go to the doc/ER/whatever! But my doctor is out of town until next week :( I didn't know they did that but as soon as I smelled it I knew I was in trouble.

The show was KILLER though. Skynyrd was amazing, as was ZZ. I got 3 picks from Skynyrd - 2 from Gary Rossington and one from Rickey Medlocke, who is one of my newest guitar heroes.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2d8ky6t.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/292xn28.jpg

Koala
05-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Oh no Im so sorry to hear from your pain but nice to hear the concert was fantastic!
And yes go to the doctor/ER if it becomes not better or possibly even more badly!

WalshFan88
05-28-2011, 03:53 AM
Lynyrd Skynyrd + ZZ Top "Rebels and Bandoleros Tour" - Peoria, IL

Lynyrd Skynyrd Setlist:

Workin' For MCA (opener)
Saturday Night Special
What's Your Name
Skynyrd Nation
That Smell
Down South Jukin'
Gimme Three Steps
Sweet Home Alabama (closer)

Free Bird (encore)

ZZ Top Setlist:

Got Me Under Pressure (opener)
Waitin' For The Bus
Jesus Just Left Chicago
I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide
Future Blues
Cheap Sunglasses
I Need You Tonight
Party On The Patio
Gimme All Your Lovin'
Sharp Dressed Man
Legs
La Grange
Tush (closer with no encore)

Lynyrd Skynyrd Review:

There was a guy who played some acoustic country music covers and a couple originals open for them but he wasn't very good on guitar I'm afraid but a good singer. He had no backing band - just him and an acoustic guitar (a poor one at that I might add). As a musician who knows some of the songs he played, I could tell he was playing the wrong chords and then scurrying to find the right one after hitting the wrong one, especially when doing "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" by the Georgia Satellites. His acoustic guitar was also feeding back and buzzing horribly. He played from 7:30-7:45 and then 15 minutes for Skynyrd to come on. It seemed like he played forever.

Skynyrd came on at around 8PM and opened with "Workin' For MCA" and took the stage with a bang. Very loud straightahead rock n' roll. Just how I like it. The band sounded great for the entire show. Johnny Van Zant seemed a little displeased by the fact the crowd wasn't rowdy enough and said several times "C'mon Peoria, Skynyrd's in the house" although I heard plenty of cheering and singing. During "Simple Man", Johnny Van Zant looked at me and pointed as he sang the classic lyrics for a few seconds and then nodded. They of course came out and did an encore with the rock anthem "Free Bird'. I got the pick Rickey Medlocke used to play the guitar solo in that song with! I also got two picks of Gary Rossington's. All in all it was an amazing show and something else to be that close. I saw Skynyrd in Peoria in '07 but obviously this show blew it out of the water for me. Front row is amazing.

ZZ Top Review:

ZZ came on right around 9-9:30 if I remember correctly. They opened with "Got Me Under Pressure". I could tell right off though that Billy Gibbons was having some vocal trouble and that maybe he was having a hard time hitting the notes, so Dusty Hill sang some on Billy's parts. But Billy was no slouch on the guitar. He really can play that Texas bluesy rock like no other. He really rocked it. Now, for some negative things. First off, they burned incense and had a dispenser/blower facing right at me. I'm allergic to incense, it causes me to have a horrible sore throat and get a headache. I could have done without the incense. The last negative thing was the fact they did not do an encore. They basically went into "Tush" and then left the stage and then roadies took the stage to tear down. Some others in the front row were upset by this fact but stated they felt they "got their nickels worth". I know I definitely did.

Which Act I Liked Best:

Lynyrd Skynyrd - no contest. I like more of their songs. For quite a few ZZ songs I didn't know the lyrics or had heard them before. Don't get me wrong I still really enjoyed ZZ Top but Lynyrd Skynyrd was the reason I got the tix in the first place. I'm a harcore Skynyrd fan. I know and can sing along to all of their songs, and I can play a few on guitar. Rickey Medlocke is one of my new guitar heroes. That man can PLAY. He played the most and the best of the 3 Skynyrd guitarists. He also had great stage presence and a TON of energy and never stood in the same place for more than a few seconds at a time. He really gave it his all.

I would go back again in heartbeat, but I'd have to think twice about Front Row for ZZ Top - as good as they were it isn't worth the illness I have now if they keep doing the incense thing. I'm having horrible sinus drainage and sore throat and couldn't eat any dinner. I'm sipping ice water and just trying to let it recover. Incense is horrible to me. I get very sick with it.

05-28-2011, 10:10 AM
Wow Austin - Sorry you got sick from the incense, but glad you had such a good time at the show. Thanks for the review and, for what it's worth, I like Skynyrd better too. Hope you feel better soon. :thumbsup: They actually played here in my hometown last month, but I didn't know about it until after the show. Oh well - maybe I'll get to see them next time.

WalshFan88
05-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Skynyrd rocks. Definitely a great show.

Koala
05-29-2011, 12:40 AM
Thanks for the review!:thumbsup:

Brooke
05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the review Austin! Sounds like a great show, but sorry you got sick. At least you stuck it out. Hopefully you are feeling better by now.

Very cool that you got those picks, too! And having a front row seat spoils you for ever sitting very far back any more! It's just too great to get to see so good!

Prettymaid
06-01-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice review WF, glad you enjoyed your front row experience (except for the incense). Brooke is right. It's hard to 'settle' once you've had great seats.

I don't think there was a bad seat in the house at the intimate Virginia Theatre, where we saw REO Speedwagon last Friday. What an awesome show! I needed a little a** kickin' music for a change, and boy did they deliver! Hubby and I had 2nd row mezzanine seats, but since the mezzanine stuck way out it was like being in the 10th row on the floor. As I've told you guys or maybe you already knew, REO is a hometown band, and they got the hometown welcome they deserved. Throughout the night lead singer Kevin Cronin would talk about the old days (early 70s) when they would tour the area in a beat up old station wagon and play just about every bar in the midwest. But, he said, they would always try to make it back to Champaign, IL for last call at the Red Lion, a bar that has undergone different names since then, but is now once again called the Red Lion.

When they came out for the encore, Kevin said, "People, we're going to do one more song for you, and then we're HEADING OVER TO THE RED LION FOR LAST CALL!!!" I tried to talk Hubby into going, but of course I married Mr. Practical, who said that the place would be packed and reminded me that I had to get up early the next morning and go to work. Whatever...

Here are some videos from my show. You guitars guys will like these, as the guy taking video was right in front of lead guitarist Dave Amato, who joined the band in 1989.

This is one of my favorite REO songs, Roll With the Changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqneC447AX0

Ridin' The Storm Out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76xDstIMvrY

This song often fights for 1st place as my all time favorite song, Time For Me To Fly, followed by Champaign born and bred base guitarist, Bruce Hall doing Back On the Road Again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6QHze7ioao

And here they are at the Red Lion doing Gloria. Funny, during this song Kevin asks the bartender for a Tequila Sunrise, his beverage of choice back in his early Red Lion days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puNIR9OYaec

BTW, the guy sharing the mic with bass player Bruce Hall is his brother Stevie Hall, whose band The Stevie Hall Band, opened for them at the Virginia Theatre.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dcooper830#p/a/u/1/pXr1sLD-Re0

Kevin Cronin does a lot of 'pontificating' during and between songs, but that's his thing and I love it! His messages are good spirited and he delivers them in the way a southern baptist minister delivers a sermon. And just one more thing - this band has a good time onstage! You can tell even by watching their videos. And the crowd soaks it up. And then the bands soaks it up, and then the crowd...well, you get the picture. ;-)

Brooke
06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Pm, fantastic review! I'm so glad you had such a great time. I'd like to see them live again. I saw them in the 70's and don't remember much at all! :rolleyes:

And your hubby sounds like mine. I would have been ready to go, but he would have said the same thing! :thumbsdown:

They've got tons of great songs and it's hard for me to pick a favorite, but Back On The Road Again is right up there.

Troubadour
06-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Fantastic review, Cathy! Great videos, and I'm thrilled you had fun.

Prettymaid
06-01-2011, 02:21 PM
I didn't take notes at our show but this set list is very representative.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/reo-speedwagon/2011/nutty-jerrys-winnie-tx-3bd25828.html

WalshFan88
06-01-2011, 04:06 PM
Great review PM! Glad you enjoyed it!

Funny you should mention Dave Amato - I'm a HUGE fan of his and I think he's very underrated. One of the nicest guys in the biz. When I saw REO front row a year or so ago I was right in front of him for the whole show. Dave loves guitars and has his own site that has pictures of all of his guitar collection.

sodascouts
06-01-2011, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the reviews, Austin and PM. Loved reading them. They sound like great shows!

Funny, during this song Kevin asks the bartender for a Tequila Sunrise, his beverage of choice back in his early Red Lion days.

Sidenote about Tequila Sunrises: One time I ordered one after a show at some bar in Minnesota and the guy says "Wow, I haven't made one of these since the 70s. Not sure I still know how!" Guess it fell out of favor! lol

Austin, hope you're feeling better!

Koala
06-02-2011, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the great review PM!

Brooke
06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Sidenote about Tequila Sunrises: One time I ordered one after a show at some bar in Minnesota and the guy says "Wow, I haven't made one of these since the 70s. Not sure I still know how!" Guess it fell out of favor! lol

That's funny that Kevin Cronin would order a Tequila Sunrise. Especially now! I've made them at home just in honor of the Eagles and wasn't really that crazy about them. They are pretty but not that tasty, to me. Give me a Margarita any day! :lol:

WalshFan88
06-02-2011, 10:19 PM
One of the videos from my show in Peoria. I'm a little embarrassed about posting as you can see me plain as day on the left side of the screen (I'm the tall one in the dark shirt and hard to miss LOL and can see at the beginning of the video and throughout). They must have been recording right beside me LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9spB4KrzqnQ

TimothyBFan
06-03-2011, 07:55 AM
And you were singing right along!!! :hilarious: Love it!!

Prettymaid
06-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I see you Austin! You're that tall guy that I never want to be in front of me! :hilarious:

WalshFan88
06-03-2011, 09:06 AM
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

06-03-2011, 12:00 PM
I see you Austin! You're that tall guy that I never want to be in front of me! :hilarious:

I'll definitely second that PM! I could stand in front of him, and, trust me, he'd never be in any danger of having his vision impaired! :lol:

Brooke
06-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Good job Austin! :lol: :thumbsup:

And I'm hoping you don't get in front of me at a concert, too!

WalshFan88
06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Hehehehe I stood for the whole Skynyrd show. For ZZ Top I stood for the songs I really liked but sat down most of the time. I sang along to Skynyrd's songs just because I know more of theirs than I do of ZZ Top's. But I was mainly moving my lips and not really singing aloud LOL so no one could hear me! :D I do kind of feel sorry for the people behind me at shows when I stand but that feeling of guilt goes away after the band starts in! :hilarious: But I try to sit some but for Skynyrd if you go to a LS show and you sit down the whole time, there is something wrong with you! They flat out ROCK!

On a completely unrelated note, Don Felder is coming to Effingham, IL in September (about 3hrs away) and I'm trying to figure out if I can go or not. It's for the Corvette Funfest and he's playing there. I do like Felder's playing (even though Walsh is my #1 fav) and I'd like to see his solo show and maybe get a guitar pickguard signed.

sodascouts
06-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Neat that you have a video were you can see yourself, Austin. Good luck getting to Felder's show! I hope you make it. I know you'd love it.

WalshFan88
06-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Neat that you have a video were you can see yourself, Austin. Good luck getting to Felder's show! I hope you make it. I know you'd love it.

I definitely would Soda! And if I met him I'd probably be beside myself... I'd have a lot of guitar-related questions. Especially about his gear he used on the recording of HC. I know pretty much most of it already but I want to hear him talk about it some more! :hilarious:

Annabel
06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Austin, Great to find youself on the video and so cool that you are clearly visible. :thumbsup:

EaglesFanatic
06-07-2011, 02:42 PM
My friend had tickets to see Jethro Tull with Kansas, but she can't go, so she offered me the tickets. The concert is tomorrow night, I'm really excited!!

Freypower
06-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I hope you enjoy it; we saw Tull a few years back & they put on a great show. Practice your 'air flute'!

Koala
06-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Have fun at the Jethro Tull & Kansas concert! :)

WalshFan88
06-08-2011, 12:45 AM
Have fun!!! :)

tequila girl
06-08-2011, 04:58 AM
Have a Blast!! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
06-08-2011, 09:34 AM
You know the Eagles opened for Tull back in 1972 and apparently it didn't go too well, lol. Enjoy yourself!

TimothyBFan
06-08-2011, 09:38 AM
EF--now that's a great concert combo. I really like Tull but have never gotten to see them. Didn't know much about Kansas other than the big hits till I saw them open for Styx a couple years ago. They were AMAZING!!!! Hope you enjoy it and report back to us.

EaglesFanatic
06-09-2011, 02:54 AM
Thanks everybody, the concert was frickin amazing! Kansas opened for Jethro Tull, and they both rocked. Kansas sounded perfect, especially their bassist and violinist. They closed with Fight Fire With Fire, and Carry On Wayward Son. Amazing. Then Jethro Tull came on stage about 15 minutes later, and opened with Thick As A Brick. Ian Anderson was so great and really entertaining too! Jethro Tull closed with Locomotive Breath, and that was the best way to end the concert. I was hoping they'd play Teacher, because that's my favorite song of theirs, but they didn't. BUT they did incorporate the guitar riff of that song into Locomotive Breath :) One thing I found weird about the concert is that neither of them played an encore. Either way, it was a lot of fun. The best part of it though, was that it was my first concert with my dad!
Let's see, I took some photos, but they didn't turn out great... I'll share a few...

Kansas:
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa377/asusundevils/IMG_2018-1.jpg

Jethro Tull:
http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa377/asusundevils/IMG_2036-1.jpg

http://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa377/asusundevils/IMG_2028-1.jpg

TimothyBFan
06-09-2011, 08:05 AM
I knew you'd enjoy Kansas. They really are more spectacular live than not. Glad you and your Dad enjoyed the show and thanks for sharing your pics.

sodascouts
06-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Wow, he's really rockin' that flute! ;)

Thanks for the photos and write-up!

EaglesFanatic
06-09-2011, 02:27 PM
You know the Eagles opened for Tull back in 1972 and apparently it didn't go too well, lol.

Just out of curiosity, why didn't it go well then? :headscratch:

sodascouts
06-09-2011, 06:27 PM
According to various interviews, Jethro Tull's audience wasn't very receptive to the then-relatively-unknown Eagles, and the band members themselves were rude and dismissive towards the Eagles.

Brooke
06-10-2011, 10:01 AM
JT's music and the Eagles music was/is so different. It's strange to think they would play to the same crowd. It's kind of strange booking them together, to me.

WalshFan88
06-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Glad to hear the concert was good EF!

Prettymaid
06-12-2011, 02:38 PM
Glad you enjoyed the show EF. I have seen Kansas a couple of times (I think... some of my old concert experiences are a bit of a blur. ;-)) Most recently I saw them at the Decatur Celebration a few years ago. Boy, were they loud! That was an outdoor concert but my ears rang the rest of the night and then everything sounded muffled for a few hours. I'm sure my concert-going experiences have effected my hearing! :ack:

EasyFeeling
06-15-2011, 04:36 PM
Kansas... will see them on Friday :partytime: Very busy the next two months. On Friday Foreigner/Journey/Kansas/Night Ranger, on June 21 Elton John, June 28 our boys :thumbsup:, July 1 Saga and in July I will start my trip through Germany to see Toto 3 times, one show with VIP-Ticket. I already met Steve Lukather 2 times personally, he's awesome. And now I'll get to meet the whole band, really looking forward to that :)

TimothyBFan
06-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Ok Michaela---can we switch lives for the summer? :hilarious: You're living my dream!! Have fun and hurry back with each of the reviews!!

Brooke
06-16-2011, 10:02 AM
EF, great to hear from you again! Sounds like you are going to have a busy summer! :rockon:

No Missouri for Stevie? Hopefully there will be more dates. :pray:

EasyFeeling
06-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Ok Michaela---can we switch lives for the summer? :hilarious: You're living my dream!! Have fun and hurry back with each of the reviews!!

Nope, forget it LOL

Hey Brooke :wave:Very busy summer, yes. But still no chance to see the hottest guy in the world... Keith :ack: My aunt will go to Kansas City to see him, first time for her, I'm sooooooooooo jealous !

Brooke
06-16-2011, 03:37 PM
I would love to go see him in St. Louis, but I just can't. My son is getting married July 16th and there's just too much going on with that now.

Happy time, but I sure hate to miss him. :-(

EasyFeeling
06-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Or was it St. Louis? I don't remember, she told my mom about it.
Oh !!! Wishing your son all the best :)

EaglesKiwi
07-06-2011, 05:30 AM
Every summer there is a concert in the Hawkes Bay "Mission Estate" vineyard. Past artists have included Eric Clapton, Lionel Richie (although that one got rained out!! :hilarious:), Rod Stewart, Ray Charles and last year it was Sting. Although I couldn't go because I had totally blown the entertainment budget on a trip to Melbourne to see some little band :nahnah:

They have just announced the date for 2012 (Feb 25th), but they won't announce the artist/band for a coupl of weeks... it's a beautiful part of the country that I've never been to, so I'm thinking of booking accommodation for the concert weekend - gambling on the artist being someone I actually like!

It's kind of fun anticipating - a total mystery!

And earlier that week Rob will be going to see Roger Waters doing his "The Wall" show...

TimothyBFan
07-06-2011, 07:54 AM
That sounds cool Kiwi!!! Sounds like they get some very big artist!! Let us know who it is when you find out.

sodascouts
07-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Sounds nice - but I'd definitely wait to see who was playing before I booked anything!

Freypower
07-06-2011, 06:47 PM
Every summer there is a concert in the Hawkes Bay "Mission Estate" vineyard. Past artists have included Eric Clapton, Lionel Richie (although that one got rained out!! :hilarious:), Rod Stewart, Ray Charles and last year it was Sting. Although I couldn't go because I had totally blown the entertainment budget on a trip to Melbourne to see some little band :nahnah:

They have just announced the date for 2012 (Feb 25th), but they won't announce the artist/band for a coupl of weeks... it's a beautiful part of the country that I've never been to, so I'm thinking of booking accommodation for the concert weekend - gambling on the artist being someone I actually like!

It's kind of fun anticipating - a total mystery!

And earlier that week Rob will be going to see Roger Waters doing his "The Wall" show...

They do shows like that at a Hunter Valley vineyard north of Sydney. Fleetwood Mac played there on their last tour. The logistics would make it impossible for me to attend a show there.

However I apparently have no logistical problems with attending a show in NIAGARA FALLS.

This tells you a lot about Australian public transport. There isn't any & I couldn't drive there.

And Roger Waters is also bringing his show here; unfortunately for me Pink Floyd is David Gilmour, no matter who wrote the songs, and I'm not interested.

Koala
07-07-2011, 01:26 AM
That sounds cool EK, hope it comes a musician to the concert which you like!

EaglesKiwi
07-07-2011, 04:55 AM
They do shows like that at a Hunter Valley vineyard north of Sydney. Fleetwood Mac played there on their last tour. The logistics would make it impossible for me to attend a show there.

However I apparently have no logistical problems with attending a show in NIAGARA FALLS.

This tells you a lot about Australian public transport. There isn't any & I couldn't drive there.

And Roger Waters is also bringing his show here; unfortunately for me Pink Floyd is David Gilmour, no matter who wrote the songs, and I'm not interested.
I think it also says something about your motivation... :inlove:
:hilarious:

Have tried booking the Roger Waters tickets, and the only seats "currently available" are the really pricey ones. However "additional tickets often become available closer to the event date." Just make it easy for me already!! :-x

Troubadour
07-07-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd like to see Roger Waters' show. Although I am more of a Gilmour girl, I can't play down Waters' lyrical abilities. Pink Floyd wouldn't have been Pink Floyd without him.

I hope you get to see him, EK! I know searching for tickets can be extremely frustrating.

TimothyBFan
07-11-2011, 09:23 AM
I know someone here was talking about maybe seeing Roger Waters The Wall before long. This was posted on my Sweet board. This is awesome how HUGE this production is and what it takes to pull it all together. I can't imagine the manpower and hours spent putting up and taking down. Here's a link to the original story regarding it.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index.php/news/632-backstage-on-roger-waters-the-wall-tour-concert-production?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=PO1&utm_campaign=NL101013

And here's a link to the picture progression of the project.

http://www.stufish.com/roger-waters/the-wall/construction.html

I wonder how much the tickets for this concert are. I haven't checked it out but I bet they must be expensive if there's so much that goes into it.

EaglesKiwi
07-11-2011, 11:39 PM
I know someone here was talking about maybe seeing Roger Waters The Wall before long. This was posted on my Sweet board. This is awesome how HUGE this production is and what it takes to pull it all together. I can't imagine the manpower and hours spent putting up and taking down. Here's a link to the original story regarding it.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index.php/news/632-backstage-on-roger-waters-the-wall-tour-concert-production?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=PO1&utm_campaign=NL101013

And here's a link to the picture progression of the project.

http://www.stufish.com/roger-waters/the-wall/construction.html

I wonder how much the tickets for this concert are. I haven't checked it out but I bet they must be expensive if there's so much that goes into it.
WOW! Thanks for the links, Willie. That does look really cool.

We have been trying to get tickets to the Roger Waters show here in NZ (ticket prices start at NZ$100 = approx USD80). He has now put on a THIRD concert which has also pretty much sold out - just the $400 tickets left, which I'm not prepared to pay. (Heck, I only paid $250 each for EAGLES tickets and that was my Bucket List gig!!)

People have been buying blocks of tickets...

TimothyBFan
07-12-2011, 08:07 AM
WOW! Thanks for the links, Willie. That does look really cool.

We have been trying to get tickets to the Roger Waters show here in NZ (ticket prices start at NZ$100 = approx USD80). He has now put on a THIRD concert which has also pretty much sold out - just the $400 tickets left, which I'm not prepared to pay. (Heck, I only paid $250 each for EAGLES tickets and that was my Bucket List gig!!)

People have been buying blocks of tickets...

I gotta say that shocks me that that is all they are. I really figured outrageous amounts, even for the cheap seats, with that production. I'm impressed!!

EaglesKiwi
07-14-2011, 06:19 AM
I gotta say that shocks me that that is all they are. I really figured outrageous amounts, even for the cheap seats, with that production. I'm impressed!!
And that may be why he has now announced a FOURTH concert (which is the record for Vector Arena in Auckland - previously held by Justin Timberlake with 3 concerts in one visit). We only have a population of 4 million in the WHOLE COUNTRY!! Vector holds up to 12,000 people although I presume with this production they would have to take out some of the seats...

Tickets don't go on sale for another week though...

sodascouts
07-14-2011, 02:47 PM
EK, this is a longshot, but did you attend the 1980 Fleetwood Mac show in New Zealand where a very drunk Lindsey Buckingham had his infamous meltdown? It's the one where he deliberately played the wrong parts on the guitar during several songs, at one point playing the chords to the Death March instead of the correct chords, pulled his coat over his head and spun around in an imitation of Stevie during one of her songs, and during "Rhiannon" went over and kicked her, laughing wildly, when she did her dramatic fall to the floor after the song. According to Mick Fleetwood, as soon as the band went offstage, the usually unflappable Christine McVie threw a drink in Lindsey's face and then slapped him so hard it turned his head. As he stood there in shock, she shouted "Don't you ever do that to this band again! EVER! Is that clear?!" then marched off. Apparently that sobered him up as he didn't even try to defend himself. Luckily, they had a break from touring after that!

WalshFan88
07-14-2011, 09:32 PM
EK, this is a longshot, but did you attend the 1980 Fleetwood Mac show in New Zealand where a very drunk Lindsey Buckingham had his infamous meltdown? It's the one where he deliberately played the wrong parts on the guitar during several songs, at one point playing the chords to the Death March instead of the correct chords, pulled his coat over his head and spun around in an imitation of Stevie during one of her songs, and during "Rhiannon" went over and kicked her, laughing wildly, when she did her dramatic fall to the floor after the song. According to Mick Fleetwood, as soon as the band went offstage, the usually unflappable Christine McVie threw a drink in Lindsey's face and then slapped him so hard it turned his head. As he stood there in shock, she shouted "Don't you ever do that to this band again! EVER! Is that clear?!" then marched off. Apparently that sobered him up as he didn't even try to defend himself. Luckily, they had a break from touring after that!

OMG, I hadn't heard about this. Wow.

EaglesKiwi
07-15-2011, 06:49 AM

No I wasn't at the concert as I was only 8 1/2 at the time!!:hilarious:

It's a very cool story, though. Kudos to Christine. That girl has class.

Hmmm, wonder if I know anybody that WAS at that concert...

TimothyBFan
07-15-2011, 08:45 AM

WOW----Lindsey was losing it!! I also hadn't heard this either. What a story!!

Troubadour
07-16-2011, 03:23 AM
Yeah - wow! He kicked her? I wouldn't have liked to have been backstage that night...

07-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Wow - now that was a very interesting tale. I've never heard this story before either. I guess at the time it was no big deal - just another out of control rock star! :lol:

EaglesKiwi
07-18-2011, 05:09 AM
Believe it or not, the first person I asked (one of my work colleagues) was AT the FM concert in 1980! But... she didn't notice ANYTHING - and suggested that perhaps she was "relaxed" at the concert too... :). As I'm sure was most of the audience, there are legends about the amount of pot smoke in the air!

sodascouts
07-19-2011, 01:25 PM
lol! Well, in Mick Fleetwood's book, he says he went out to do interviews afterward, trying to think of an explanation to give to anyone who asked - but no one asked! He said that he figured people just thought Lindsey was kidding around and didn't think anything of it. Still, if I were at that show, I'd be going "What the heck is he doing???" Of course, if your friend was "feeling no pain" she probably was thinking the same thing. ;)

How cool that she was there! Thanks for asking around. If anyone else knows anything, be sure to post it here!

WalshFan88
07-21-2011, 01:43 AM
Well I figured I'd write a quick little review for the KISS show.

All in all, it was pretty good. You definitely better appreciate pyrotechnics, props, stage antics, and gimmicks if you go to a KISS show. I do, but it's not for everyone. It was a pretty good show. KISS has always been about the performance and not so much the musical side of things but rather putting on a show and if you look at it from that angle - it was a really good show. That said there was only about 5 songs max that I recognized or liked. :hilarious: Detroit Rock City, Rock And Roll All Nite, Beth, Lick It Up, and Dr. Love are pretty much the only KISS songs I like and luckily they played them all.

I look at this concert as one of those "been there, done that, and have the t-shirt to prove it" type of events. I can say I've seen them. I've done it once so I can say I've seen them but I'm afraid I probably won't be going to many more KISS shows if any. But at least I can say I went and enjoyed it.

sodascouts
07-21-2011, 03:51 AM
KISS isn't my thing but I'm glad you enjoyed it, Austin!

TimothyBFan
07-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Glad you went if it was on your concert Bucket List. You won't ever find me claiming to like Kiss (other than Beth or Hard Luck Woman- I usually shut them off). But, that being said, I will say Gene Simmons is a genius!!

EagleLady
07-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Ooh I love KISS, Glad you got to see them!

Koala
07-23-2011, 05:36 AM
Glad you had a great time at the KISS concert!

Koala
07-23-2011, 07:40 AM
Yesterday I was at the Take That concert in Hamburg. , I should say , I'm not a big fan and of the new songs and I know only a few, but the old songs I knew all! however I knew the solo Songs by Robby Williams which he had sung!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBx8YWmy7ko&feature=channel_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bn6lTluP2k&feature=related

But it was very nice! The stage show is really amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWh2sLQRvRY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0Id0zBDOIM

The support act was great it was the Pet Shop Boys! I like them for years!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4so8-ZvwbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CAo-1cHc4U

Freypower
07-23-2011, 06:36 PM
The Pet Shop Boys SUPPORTED Take That?

This is like Knopfler supporting Bob Dylan. It should be the other way around.

sodascouts
07-23-2011, 11:02 PM
That was my first thought too, FP.

But I'm glad you had a good time, Koala!

Koala
07-24-2011, 02:29 AM
The Pet Shop Boys SUPPORTED Take That?

I am also surprised over it! However, I was really happy about it! I've always wanted to see the Pet Shop Boys in Concert but so far I had never an opportunity!
They played a little over 50 minutes, very cool!

Freypower
08-05-2011, 07:28 PM
We saw Randy Newman with the Sydney Symphony Orchestra last night at the Opera House. At the moment I have only an approximate setlist. It included (but not necessarily in this order):

Birmingham
Short People
Simon Smith & the Amazing Dancing Bear
In Germany Before the War
I'm Dead (But I Don't Know It)
I Miss You
The Great Nations of Europe
Marie
I Miss You
I Love To See You Smile
The Girls in My Life (Part I)
You Can Leave Your Hat On
Political Science
The World Isn't Fair
You've Got a Friend in Me
Losing You
Cowboy
Love Story
Dixie Flyer
Louisiana 1927
Real Emotional Girl
Sail Away
I Think It's Going to Rain Today

Political Science & In Germany Before the War were a bit further down. The World Isn't Fair was near the beginning. He also conducted some orchestral music from some of the films he scored; Toy Story, The Natural, Maverick & Avalon.

The scary thing about this man is that he can pack so many songs into one show because none of them last barely three minutes; but every one of them consist of the most truthful, acerbic and/or moving lyrics you will ever hear, not to mention some of the most beautiful piano work. The big surprise here, I suppose, is no God's Song; my personal disappointment was no Baltimore, but I can't complain.

A couple of my absolute favourite songs I have now had the immense privilege of hearing; namely The World Isn't Fair, The Great Nations Of Europe, Dixie Flyer (which was produced by Mark Knopfler & as Randy says himself is one of his few autobiographical songs), Political Science (the line 'we'll save Australia' got a big cheer) and Sail Away which brought tears to my eyes. And they sounded magnficent with the orchestra, particularly In Germany Before The War. The audience got to sing the 'he's dead' parts in I'm Dead (But I Don't Know It) which is all about how 60 year old rock stars never retire. And nor should they when they are as talented as Randy!

We took Rosalind for her first night out. I think she enjoyed it (especially You've Got A Friend In Me).

sodascouts
08-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review.

Prettymaid
08-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Guess who I saw perform live last night? Okay, I'll give you some hints...

When David Lee Roth left Van Halen, Eddie Van Halen invited this vocalist to be the band's new lead singer, but since she was 8 months pregnant at the time, she declined.

She's married to a former tennis star.

She sang backup on some Don Henley solo albums, and in 1992 had a hit record with a song featuring Don Henley.

Did you guess? It's PATTY SMYTH!!!!! I saw her at the Decatur Celebration with her band Scandal where she performed for about 45 minutes (the usual time for these free shows.) We saw her at 7:00 and she was going to do another at 10:15. She was great! It was very, very hot and humid but she was a real trooper and yes, she did Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough. I thought maybe her guitarist would do Don's part (or maybe Don would just walk out on stage and surprise everybody :hilarious:) but she sang the entire song herself. It was beautiful! She also did all the other songs she's known for...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLyz57YiNJ4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIDaBF8LILk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKvhX2Z5ubc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_50-gOeBilc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdzbjUWu2VU

I'm so glad we went on Saturday instead of today. Night Ranger performed tonight. I had a really good time. She's very real onstage. I'm surprised I didn't have any of her stuff on my ipod but I fixed that today.

WalshFan88
08-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Very cool!

You saw Night Ranger too?! I love Night Ranger - one of my favs.

"Sister Christian oh the time has come.....and you know that you're the only one to say.....ok". :rofl:

Prettymaid
08-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Very cool!

You saw Night Ranger too?! I love Night Ranger - one of my favs.

"Sister Christian oh the time has come.....and you know that you're the only one to say.....ok". :rofl:

Nope, didn't get to see Night Ranger. Since we live 1 1/2 hours away we only go on one day. Leading up to the weekend (for weeks now) we had thought we would go on Sunday and see Night Ranger. For one thing, I had to work Saturday morning, but a last minute decision (partly Smyth vs. Ranger) had us go on Saturday instead. I'm really glad we made that choice. I have always liked Patty Smyth's voice. I hold her right up there with Ann Wilson.

Don't get me wrong - I like NR too. I'm just saying I think I made the right choice for me. Heck, if I had it my way we'd be at the Celebration all weekend long!

We also saw a really good Tina Turner impersonator. 'Cher' did a half hour too but we missed her.

Austin, you should go sometime. You might really enjoy it, although being the first weekend of August it's always really hot.

Troubadour
08-08-2011, 07:32 AM
Glad you had a good time, Cathy!

Julie - thanks so much for posting the Randy Newman setlist, and your thoughts on the show. I would absolutely love to see him live. He is a genius. There is no-one like him. I'm thrilled you got the chance to go and that you enjoyed it.

sodascouts
08-08-2011, 07:34 AM
Patty Smyth sounds cool! I'm glad she did the whole song herself - it wouldn't have sounded right without Don. (That's what Stevie did for Leather and Lace in her solo concerts too - she just changed "strong man" to "strong one.") I love "The Warrior" too!

Brooke
08-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Pm, sounds good!

I guess I got the answer to my question in another thread when you mentioned the Decatur Celebration! (I had asked when it was and who was going to be there one day last week!) Guess I'm a little late! Story of my life! lol

08-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Glad you had such a good time, PM. I would like to see Patty too. I actually had no idea that she was even still performing at all. I thought Mrs. McEnroe gave up her career a long time ago, but what do I know! Glad to see I was wrong. :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Brooke, the Celebration is always the first full weekend in August.

Dreamer, sounds here like she quit in 1999 to have her last child and started again in 2004.

http://www.pattysmythandscandal.com/index.php?page=about

Spurred by an impromptu reunion with her old Scandal mates at the end of 2004 on VH1’s Bands Reunited, the band has regrouped, with two original members in Keith Mack and Benjy King and a new rhythm section, bassist Tom Welsch and drummer Eran Asias.

I didn't know she was married to John McEnroe until after I saw her and did some research.

Koala
08-09-2011, 01:48 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time, Pm!

jimfalkenstern
08-18-2011, 11:16 AM
I could have sworn I saw the Eagles perform in early July 1971 at the Wollman Skating Rink in Central Park NY as part of the Schaefer Music Festival. But all facts point to them not playing together as a band until the following year. The concert I recall was a TV special they were filming. It was 2 shows, July 2 and 3 1971, and aired August 19 as a special called "Good Vibrations From Central Park". The Beach Boys, Ike & Tina Turner, Sly & The Family Stone, Carly Simon and Boz Scaggs were also performing. John Zacherle was the MC. I seem to recall the Eagles playing, just them with acoustic guitars sitting on stools. "Take It Easy" was their only hit then. But maybe they played in 1972? I know they played at Wollman Rink in 1973, but I'm sure it was before that I saw them. Any help with when they would have played there at that time will be greatly appreciated. I know I never went to an Eagles concert proper, so I don't know why i would remember this like i do unless i actually saw them then. I've had this memory for decades.

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 12:14 PM
There is an early video of them from Central Park - but it's 1972. Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00mrzoo2g7M

Is that what you're thinking of?

Welcome, BTW!

Henley Honey
08-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I was at that concert!!! 13 years old and loved them then. I think Jackson Browne played too but I'm not positive. I was star-struck.

sodascouts
08-18-2011, 05:53 PM
You were there too HH??? How cool!

Brooke
08-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow! :bow:

Glennhoney
09-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone..just wanted to say my husband and I just got back from Chicago...What a beautiful city and honestly, I don't think I've ever been to such a big city, where the people were so nice and kind...
We saw "Million Dollar Quartet" which was a very fun show...I would encourage anybody to go see it..
..and of course, the highlight of the trip was seeing Allison Krauss and Union Station at the Chicago Theater...and what a theater it is...absolutely gorgeous...the concert was perfect...a great mixture of old and new songs...but what really blew me away, was the encore...which was done "unplugged" with songs like.."When you say nothing at all", "Whiskey Lullaby", "Down to the river to pray"....it was absolutely beautiful...thoroughly enjoyed the whole trip..nothing but good things to say about the city...

Brooke
10-26-2011, 03:01 PM
This past Saturday night my hubby and I went to see America at the Wildwood Springs Resort in Steelville, Missouri. This is a lovely old lodge, built in the 20’s and is set on a beautiful bluff of the Meramac River in south central Missouri. They have concerts there on weekends during the spring, summer, and fall in an open hall, lobby, bar area. Very small and quaint with beautiful old hardwood floors. There were about 300 people there, standing room only. Instead of general admission, first come, first serve to the seats, they did a raffle. I was slightly disappointed that we didn’t get closer seats, but really, there wasn’t a bad seat in the house. We were about half way back on the center aisle of about 20 rows of chairs.

Gerry Beckley and Dewey Bunnell came out, along with a bass player and started in with Tin Man. I haven’t kept up with them over the years, so they played a few songs I didn’t know, but they did play several I did like Ventura Highway, Daisy Jane, I Need You, Horse With No Name, Lonely People, and my favorite, Sister Golden Hair. They looked and sounded great!

After the show they signed autographs and took pictures and were very gracious to everyone that wanted to talk. I didn’t know they would do that but had taken my two old vinyls just in case, so I did get a picture and autographs on those, which was great! Most people had their latest cd entitled Back Pages which consists of covers by the likes of Crosby, Stills, & Nash, Neil Young, Buffalo Springfield, James Taylor, Bob Dylan, etc.

We had a great time and everyone at the resort was so friendly. A very unique place, for sure!

Here’s a pretty good video from someone that was there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFuiHuPYo8

I’ll post a pic or two as soon as I get them uploaded.

Topkat
10-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Brooke, That sounds like a great show & so nice of them to sign autographs & take pictures. Thanks for posting the video. They still sound great.
I had seen them a long time ago. Nice to see them still out touring 8-)
Glad you had a good time! Please post pictures if you can...

Koala
10-27-2011, 01:59 AM
Glad you had a good time! Like the video! I really only know a few songs from America, however which I know I like very !

Prettymaid
10-30-2011, 04:19 PM
Brooke, I envy you that you got to see America. I'd like to see them sometime. They seem like the kind of band that might come to the Decatur Celebration, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Didn't someone from America die recently?

Freypower
10-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Brooke, I envy you that you got to see America. I'd like to see them sometime. They seem like the kind of band that might come to the Decatur Celebration, so maybe I'll get lucky.

Dan Peek died recently.

Prettymaid
10-30-2011, 07:00 PM
Thank you FP.

Brooke
10-31-2011, 11:46 AM

Pm, I think they would fit that bill perfectly. Hope it happens for you.

Dan Peek had left the band back in the late 70's though.

Brooke
11-17-2011, 05:48 PM
Finally got my pics loaded!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/America.jpg
And they sounded just like their album!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/MewithAmericaj.jpg
They were so nice. They must have spent an hour signing autographs and talking with everyone.

sodascouts
11-17-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks for sharing those. Very cool!

Prettymaid
11-17-2011, 10:00 PM
What an intimate venue! Looks like you had a great seat too.

Is that a dress you're wearing? I love it! Is it tye dye?

Brooke
11-18-2011, 10:46 AM
What an intimate venue! Looks like you had a great seat too.

Is that a dress you're wearing? I love it! Is it tye dye?

Thanks Pm! It's a top with jeans and it's a subtle tye dye.

TimothyBFan
11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Looks like a great venue for a concert. I also love the top--2 of my favorites, tie dye and PURPLE!! You look wonderful in it!

I have to admit tho, if I didn't know that was Gerry Buckley, I wouldn't have recognized him. Glad he had the glasses on so I could tell which was which.

Topkat
11-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Very nice pictures! Looks like a great venue. Thanks for posting.

11-19-2011, 04:58 PM
Brooke - love your pictures and tie-dyed top. Very cute!

Windeagle
06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
I thought I'd used up my 2012 concert budget, but then I saw a flier for our local arts festival in the park. For a $10 donation and the cost of a sandwich, I'm seeing Shawn Colvin tonight and Suzanne Vega on Aug. 8. Woo hoo!

TimothyBFan
06-28-2012, 08:15 AM
Going to see Ted Nugent on July 14th for $20 a ticket. :thumbsup: He's at the Laporte County fair, which is only 20 minutes away. And since they are on Central Time, the concert won't start to 9:00 our time so even if hubby works that day, gives up plenty of time to get there, unlike Joe this Saturday. :worried:

Think I should wear a democrat shirt? :hilarious:

TimothyBFan
06-29-2012, 11:13 AM
And this morning I bought tickets for Styx at another county fair in the area for the weekend after the Nugent concert. :thumbsup: Having tickets for both of these shows helps to make up for missing tomorrow's Joe concert. Almost!

Brooke
06-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Going to see Ted Nugent on July 14th for $20 a ticket. :thumbsup: He's at the Laporte County fair, which is only 20 minutes away. And since they are on Central Time, the concert won't start to 9:00 our time so even if hubby works that day, gives up plenty of time to get there, unlike Joe this Saturday. :worried:

Think I should wear a democrat shirt? :hilarious:

Good idea, TBF! :lol:

TimothyBFan
07-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Went and saw Ted Nugent Saturday at one of the local county fairs. He sounded wonderful and still has a ton of energy.

BUT his constant talking about his political views (which I expected so I knew it was coming) was a bit much. He just never stops knocking the current administration and Democrats in general, calling Obama "the mobster crook from Chicago who should be put in prison" and Hilary Clinton "that b*tch Hilary Clinton", between every song. It was almost like being at a white supremacist rally. Most of the crowd was going crazy, I however, was NOT. I don't give a crap about your views, I came to hear Stanglehold, Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever, Wango Tango, etc.... all of which we did get, but seriously, the rest was just insane. Ending with an encore of him coming out in a Indian head dress and singing Great White Buffalo and then at the end of the song, you hear a military hymn as he takes off the head dress and he and the whole band put on army helmets, brought out a huge flagpole with an American flag and they plant it in the middle of the stage, stand up, start marching in place, grabbing machine guns and waving them in the air while chanting, "free-dom, free-dom, free-dom....". :fear: My daughter and her friend left before the encore, couldn't take it anymore they were so disgusted by it. For the most part, hubby and I laughed it all off but it was a bit over the top.

He does have quite a sense of humor also tho. He says things like, "I write the best guitar riffs ever", "you guys deserve me", etc.... As everyone knows, the entire Midwest is in a severe drought and we've been dealing with 90-100 degree temps for over a month now. Just so happened that Saturday afternoon, around 4 or 5, it opened up and POURED! Of course it came down so fast and furious, it didn't do us any good because it couldn't soak into the hard ground. But Ted told us that he heard that we needed rain, so he did a rain dance and the skies opened up and gave us rain. Then proceeded to say, "say thank you Uncle Ted" and the whole crowd said, "thank you Uncle Ted". :hilarious:

He's still a wonderful musician and I'd see him again but it is hard to deal with the other crap that comes out of his mouth.

Here's a picture that I took that I thought was kinda cool.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/TedNugentLaporteFair7-14-12.jpg

Brooke
07-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Sounds like a very interesting time, TBF! :lol:

I do love 'Stranglehold' 'Cat Scratch Fever' and I'll never forget this. We had that album and our daughter was just like 5 or so and it was sitting in the front of our album collection one evening and she got scared looking at it and cried! We had to put it behind some others so she couldn't see it!

In case anyone doesn't know what that album cover looks like, here it is:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/tednugent.jpg
A little scary for a little kid!

Prettymaid
07-17-2012, 04:38 PM
Heck, it scares me now!

TimothyBFan
07-18-2012, 08:30 AM
:hilarious:

prayfordaylight
07-18-2012, 04:39 PM
If anyone is a fan of The Who, they just announced a 37 date winter tour. They're doing Quadrophenia (my all time favorite album) again which makes me super excited. Already planning on at least 2 shows.

Topkat
07-18-2012, 05:22 PM
If anyone is a fan of The Who, they just announced a 37 date winter tour. They're doing Quadrophenia (my all time favorite album) again which makes me super excited. Already planning on at least 2 shows.

I just saw this also. I saw the Quadrophenia show in the 90s & I am planning to see it again!! LOVE THEM:thumbsup:

zeldabjr
07-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Went and saw Ted Nugent Saturday at one of the local county fairs. He sounded wonderful and still has a ton of energy.

BUT his constant talking about his political views (which I expected so I knew it was coming) was a bit much. He just never stops knocking the current administration and Democrats in general, calling Obama "the mobster crook from Chicago who should be put in prison" and Hilary Clinton "that b*tch Hilary Clinton", between every song. It was almost like being at a white supremacist rally. Most of the crowd was going crazy, I however, was NOT. I don't give a crap about your views, I came to hear Stanglehold, Free For All, Cat Scratch Fever, Wango Tango, etc.... all of which we did get, but seriously, the rest was just insane. Ending with an encore of him coming out in a Indian head dress and singing Great White Buffalo and then at the end of the song, you hear a military hymn as he takes off the head dress and he and the whole band put on army helmets, brought out a huge flagpole with an American flag and they plant it in the middle of the stage, stand up, start marching in place, grabbing machine guns and waving them in the air while chanting, "free-dom, free-dom, free-dom....". :fear: My daughter and her friend left before the encore, couldn't take it anymore they were so disgusted by it. For the most part, hubby and I laughed it all off but it was a bit over the top.

He does have quite a sense of humor also tho. He says things like, "I write the best guitar riffs ever", "you guys deserve me", etc.... As everyone knows, the entire Midwest is in a severe drought and we've been dealing with 90-100 degree temps for over a month now. Just so happened that Saturday afternoon, around 4 or 5, it opened up and POURED! Of course it came down so fast and furious, it didn't do us any good because it couldn't soak into the hard ground. But Ted told us that he heard that we needed rain, so he did a rain dance and the skies opened up and gave us rain. Then proceeded to say, "say thank you Uncle Ted" and the whole crowd said, "thank you Uncle Ted". :hilarious:

He's still a wonderful musician and I'd see him again but it is hard to deal with the other crap that comes out of his mouth.

Here's a picture that I took that I thought was kinda cool.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/TedNugentLaporteFair7-14-12.jpg

Wow...Ted's still crazy after all these years...big surprise...glad you enjoyed the music at least!

zeldabjr
07-18-2012, 05:52 PM
Sounds like a very interesting time, TBF! :lol:

I do love 'Stranglehold' 'Cat Scratch Fever' and I'll never forget this. We had that album and our daughter was just like 5 or so and it was sitting in the front of our album collection one evening and she got scared looking at it and cried! We had to put it behind some others so she couldn't see it!

In case anyone doesn't know what that album cover looks like, here it is:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/tednugent.jpg
A little scary for a little kid!

omg Brooke...your story is priceless...I hope your daughter isn't still haunted by visions of Ted...

zeldabjr
07-18-2012, 05:53 PM
Heck, it scares me now!

You're right PM:hilarious::hilarious:...Ted is pretty scary!

TimothyBFan
07-20-2012, 08:45 AM
Styx tomorrow night!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see them again. They put on an awesome show!!

prayfordaylight
07-20-2012, 01:10 PM
I just saw this also. I saw the Quadrophenia show in the 90s & I am planning to see it again!! LOVE THEM:thumbsup:

Just got floor seats for DC and Philly this morning. Good luck with tickets!

Troubadour
07-21-2012, 03:15 AM
Have a great time at the Styx show, Willie!

WalshFan88
07-21-2012, 04:09 PM
Enjoy the show TBF!!! :partytime:

TimothyBFan
07-23-2012, 10:02 AM
As usual, Styx never disappoints!!! It was a bit of a shortened setlist without one of my faves, Suite Madam Blue, but they were in top form as always. It's always so good seeing them around here since these are Tommy's old stomping grounds, he's always good at telling stories about just starting out, etc. And Lawrence Gowan is so full of energy!! He's so much fun to watch. As usual, they threw out merchandise & guitar pics, posed for pictures and told everyone to take as many pictures as you want. It was rather muggy but not to hot, and they were selling bottles of water throughout the crowd. At one point, Lawrence asked some woman in the front if she was thirsty and she nodded. He made the guy with the water come up to the stage and he took a few of them, leaned down and gave them to audience members and then told the guy "I'll pay you for those later.". :hilarious: I've said it before and I will say it again, they are my favorite band to go see because they are so interactive, on top of being so good. Still sound wonderful.

Took a few pictures but since we were off to the side a bit, I took more off the screen and since it was getting dark, my phone had a bit of trouble. Here's a few tho.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2012-07-21_20-22-42_750.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/1343041842985.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/1343042373012.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2012-07-21_20-21-04_920.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2012-07-21_20-02-55_859.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2012-07-21_20-08-12_592.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2012-07-21_20-20-57_258.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/2012-07-21_20-08-00_562.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/williehoo/1343042400122.jpg

Topkat
07-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Looks like it was a great show, TBF. Glad you had a good time.:partytime:

Brooke
07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the review, TBF! Sounds fun!

TimothyBFan
07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
I just remembered I forgot to mention that Taylor Lautner from the Twilight Movies was there also. He's not from far away from here either. The big screens prior to the show had messages that people were texting and one read "Taylor Lautner is here" which I thought, OK, that's strange and then forgot about it. Then after the show, as I was standing in line to buy a program, I looked over and he was standing only a few feet away getting his picture taken with someone. I tried to get my phone out but wasn't fast enough. I text my daughter and she told me to go get him and tell him that my daughter was single. :hilarious:

Troubadour
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Wow - I'm sure there are plenty of young girls (and some older ones, too) who wish they'd been at that concert now!

Sounds like a great show, Willie. Glad you had fun.

Prettymaid
07-23-2012, 02:30 PM
Sounds great TBF! Did they do Fooling Yourself (The Angry Young Man)? I love Tommy's vocals on that one!

TimothyBFan
07-24-2012, 08:25 AM
Yup, PM! They did most of there big hits, Lorelei, Lady, Blue Collar Man, Grand Illusion, Man In The Wilderness, Fooling Yourself, Miss America, etc.... But skipped a few that were pretty noticeable, Suite Madam Blue and Boat On The River and they usually do a great rendition of I Am The Walrus but omitted it also. Then again, it was a fair and a shortened set. The following night, they were at the Delaware State Fair with Cheap Trick. Now that would have been very cool!!!!! Tommy joined them on stage to sing Ain't That A Shame. Here's the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfMPXnbZjAM

What's funny is that I liked them back in the 70s and use to stalk Tommy at the local bars (a few in Michigan use to let us high school kids in--oops- I could tell you stories about Tommy :hilarious:) but was not a huge fan. Didn't care much for Dennis DeYoung. It wasn't till Lawrence Gowan joined the band 11 or so years ago that I really started paying attention to them again. LOVE his vocals on the old Dennis DeYoung stuff. I think he's so much better!

Like I keep saying, if any of you get a chance to see them, PLEASE do---you will NOT be disappointed!!

TimothyBFan
07-24-2012, 08:29 AM
This is bad audio, but from my show the other night. This was the encore--Love Lawrence's hat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tf096evMeik

Far away (from Grandstand) but better sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q8X730_IlE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR6_5aDfFOM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHs1O4z0qKg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wJXkvlkASw

Troubadour
07-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Great videos!

Prettymaid
08-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Bought tickets to see Gordon Lightfoot in September at the Peoria, IL civic center. Although I don't know much about him, I have been a fan since Sundown, and have his Complete Greatest Hits cd and like almost every song on it.

I'll admit that while some of you were listening to The Stones, Zep and Aerosmith back in the day, I was listening to Gordon Lightfoot, John Denver, Jim Croce and Cat Stevens! Lol! To this day it is some of my favorite music.

Looking forward to seeing him. We have 3rd row center!

Glennhoney
08-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I've seen Gordon Lightfoot numerous times and he always gave a good show, except for the last time, which was maybe 3 years ago...he was obviously having some health issues, and he didn't sound very good...Hope he's doing better now...He also has an amazing band with him....they've been with him for years and they sound great...have fun..

Windeagle
08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
I went to see the first US stopover for the Gentlemen of the Road tour this weekend in Portland, Maine. It was an all-day festival headlined by Mumford & Sons, who were incredibly awesome. The energy they put into their show was astounding. I had never seen them live before, but would go again in a heartbeat.

One of my other current favorites, Dawes, was there as well and put on a great show. They also announced a new album in the fall, so I'm excited for that.

Other bands (most of which I didn't know) included Simon Felice, Haim, Apache Relay, The Maccabees, St. Vincent, and Dropkick Murphys.

The venue was a park that sloped down to the water of Casco Bay and the weather was gorgeous. Sitting on a grassy hillside with a backdrop of blue water and sailboats, with the sun on my back and a sea breeze in my hair, enjoying a day full of music was a wonderful way to spend my Saturday!

prayfordaylight
09-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Finally just got to see RUSH for the first time. It was a great show but it was also an example of changing a setlist too dramatically for some tastes. They removed all but two of the big radio hits in favor of a large block of songs from their 80s synth-driven albums. Some of the hardcore fans were pleased but others were disappointed not to hear certain songs (I'm slightly to the latter...I love the 80s stuff but hearing Limelight would've made things perfect).

Freypower
09-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Finally just got to see RUSH for the first time. It was a great show but it was also an example of changing a setlist too dramatically for some tastes. They removed all but two of the big radio hits in favor of a large block of songs from their 80s synth-driven albums. Some of the hardcore fans were pleased but others were disappointed not to hear certain songs (I'm slightly to the latter...I love the 80s stuff but hearing Limelight would've made things perfect).

What are your favourite Rush songs? My husband worships them. I like the Test For Echo & Moving Pictures albums.

prayfordaylight
09-11-2012, 08:16 AM
What are your favourite Rush songs? My husband worships them. I like the Test For Echo & Moving Pictures albums.

My absolute favorite is Limelight. I'm sort of all over the place otherwise. I like stuff from all the different eras. Moving Pictures is still my favorite cover-to-cover album by them but my favorite songs range from Subdivisions to Roll The Bones to Far Cry.

WalshFan88
09-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Limelight is my favorite as well. I can't imagine not hearing that one!

prayfordaylight
09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
They're doing an A setlist and a B setlist which has about a 6-8 song difference between them. Limelight isn't on either though and Spirit of Radio is only on the A list. I saw them on a B list night.

sodascouts
09-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Interesting approach. It probably motivates hardcores to see twice as many shows! I wouldn't mind the Eagles doing that.

Prettymaid
09-12-2012, 06:41 PM
Interesting approach. It probably motivates hardcores to see twice as many shows! I wouldn't mind the Eagles doing that.

Bite your tongue, Soda! I get so mad when I go to a show and they don't play 'the hits'. Granted, the Eagles have lots of hits, but if I didn't hear HC and TIE I would be really upset.

sodascouts
09-12-2012, 06:43 PM
PFD says that only 6-8 songs are different; the rest are played at both shows. I'm sure the biggest hits like HC and TIE would be in both sets.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-12-2012, 06:49 PM
I"m not sue I would like that approach...
I agree they have to "shake uo the set list"

Just not sure I am comfortable with that idea.

tt

Prettymaid
09-12-2012, 06:54 PM
Okay then ;-)

I'm not a big Rush fan, but if I didn't hear Limelight I think I would be upset.

Last month we went to the Decatur (IL) Celebration and saw The Spin Doctors. They played two shows on Sunday night, and because we had to work the next morning and the drive home was 1 1/2 hours, we went to the first show. They didn't do Pocket Full of Kryptonite! Said that they were doing two totally different shows so you have to come back for the second show. I was mad! And they sucked! :hilarious:

prayfordaylight
09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
If you're into rarities, the split setlists are great but they took out all but 2 hits overall. No Limelight in either and they took out Spirit of Radio from the A setlist in favor of a 2112 Medley.

This is akin to only hearing HC, TIE and then no other hits. The songs are popular with diehards but they alienate more casual fans (like my bf who didn't know any of the songs outside of Tom Sawyer and Subdivisions).

prayfordaylight
09-13-2012, 02:10 PM
Bite your tongue, Soda! I get so mad when I go to a show and they don't play 'the hits'. Granted, the Eagles have lots of hits, but if I didn't hear HC and TIE I would be really upset.

I get mad too. That's why I'll never see Yes again. If anyone wanted to hear your early 90s albums, they would've bought them but no one did so play Roundabout (the ONLY hit they played when I saw them and it was the next to last song) already.

SallyGee
09-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Has anyone ever seen Van Morrison in concert? We saw him years ago, and he was the rudest performer I have ever seen. He did not say one word throughout the whole show. Not hello, not thank you, nothing. He didn't even smile. The whole show was over in a little over an hour because all he did was play his songs. I enjoy the little stories most performers tell. And he could have at least said thank you for coming. That show is still what I think of when I hear one of his songs. I hope he was just having a bad night, and he's not like that all the time. But still, we paid good money for the tickets and it's not our fault if he was having a bad night. That's part of being a performer- the show must go on.

sodascouts
09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
How lame!

Geez, is it really that freaking hard to give your audience a pleasant experience rather than treating it as a distasteful obligation you want to get through as quickly as possible?

The Eagles may not always feel like playing, but they never let it show. Heck, in 1994, Glenn was out there performing while in terrible pain and nobody in the audience ever knew anything was wrong. Everybody was shocked to hear that he collapsed after the show. While I'm not saying every performer should take it to that extreme, it makes me even more contemptuous of the likes of Van Morrison.

Freypower
09-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Has anyone ever seen Van Morrison in concert? We saw him years ago, and he was the rudest performer I have ever seen. He did not say one word throughout the whole show. Not hello, not thank you, nothing. He didn't even smile. The whole show was over in a little over an hour because all he did was play his songs. I enjoy the little stories most performers tell. And he could have at least said thank you for coming. That show is still what I think of when I hear one of his songs. I hope he was just having a bad night, and he's not like that all the time. But still, we paid good money for the tickets and it's not our fault if he was having a bad night. That's part of being a performer- the show must go on.

I saw him back in 1985. I guess your reaction depends on how much you know about Van Morrison. As far as I am aware, yes, he is like that all the time, although I enjoyed the show I went to because I love his music so much. He is grumpy and moody & that is it, I'm afraid. Smiling is not something he does often. I have a wonderful photo of him with Eric Clapton where he is smiling, such a rare shot I had it made into a postcard.

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 06:43 PM

very disappointing to hear about Van Morrison being like this...maybe he should get a job in a factory or picking up garbage then he might appreciate how lucky he is to make his living the way he does ( I know all our guys do)

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 06:45 PM
How lame!

Geez, is it really that freaking hard to give your audience a pleasant experience rather than treating it as a distasteful obligation you want to get through as quickly as possible?

The Eagles may not always feel like playing, but they never let it show. Heck, in 1994, Glenn was out there performing while in terrible pain and nobody in the audience ever knew anything was wrong. Everybody was shocked to hear that he collapsed after the show. While I'm not saying every performer should take it to that extreme, it makes me even more contemptuous of the likes of Van Morrison.

wow never knew that about Glenn, what happened with him?

sodascouts
09-17-2012, 07:19 PM
He had a very severe flare-up of his diverticulitis. It required him to be hospitalized and have major surgery where they had to remove part of his intestines. Before the surgery, he was in a lot of pain but he kept performing. Nobody knew how bad it was until his collapse after the Philadelphia show in 1994. The band had to postpone the rest of the tour until he recovered, and that took months.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Yes, I remember.
That is a tough disease to have...it can have you crawlling on the floor begging for death.
They say it comes from stress.....

tt

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 08:23 PM
He had a very severe flare-up of his diverticulitis. It required him to be hospitalized and have major surgery where they had to remove part of his intestines. Before the surgery, he was in a lot of pain but he kept performing. Nobody knew how bad it was until his collapse after the Philadelphia show in 1994. The band had to postpone the rest of the tour until he recovered, and that took months.

omg...poor baby...what a trooper

Topkat
09-17-2012, 10:21 PM

One of my neighbors worked for a top gastro guy here in NY. His office is in Great Neck. She said when the Eagles were playing here, they brought Glenn in for an emergency doctor's visit. That's how she met him...Poor thing

Tiffanny Twisted
09-17-2012, 10:24 PM
One of my neighbors worked for a top gastro guy here in NY. His office is in Great Neck. She said when the Eagles were playing here, they brought Glenn in for an emergency doctor's visit. That's how she met him...Poor thing
gee, guess hippa privacy went out the window with that chick.:eyebrow:

VAisForEagleLovers
09-17-2012, 10:30 PM

I agree, TT. Sometimes it scares me about the medical and financial people that have access to our personal histories and data.

Topkat
09-17-2012, 10:31 PM

She just recently told me about it. The incident happened ages ago, I think during HFO tour. She didn't say anything about his condition, just that he was brought into the office for an emergency visit! I don't think that's any violation of privacy. There were many people there who saw him.

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM

Can you imagine going to work and you end up meeting an Eagle...wow...although I feel soooo bad for Glenn...he's really been hit hard...he has divertic and Rheumatoid arthritis right? It would kill me to see any of them in pain!

VAisForEagleLovers
09-17-2012, 10:33 PM
She just recently told me about it. The incident happened ages ago, I think during HFO tour. She didn't say anything about his condition, just that he was brought into the office for an emergency visit! I don't think that's any violation of privacy. There were many people there who saw him.

It is a violation of his privacy.

VAisForEagleLovers
09-17-2012, 10:47 PM
Sorry, the phone rang and scared the heck out of me and I hit submit before I finished. I was just trained over the last two weeks in Hippa standards and other standards regarding PII (personally identifiable information) and privacy.

Witchy Woman
09-17-2012, 11:16 PM
I am super excited to see Richie Sambora twice next month !! He's playing in NYC and Philly and my best friend and I said "why not ?!" and bought tickets for both !! He's our favorite Bon Jovi member, and his solo work is also great.

I was supposed to go to the second Eagles concert in Philly when Glenn fell ill. I had to wait 6 months until they came back. Well worth it, though !!

zeldabjr
09-17-2012, 11:56 PM
I am super excited to see Richie Sambora twice next month !! He's playing in NYC and Philly and my best friend and I said "why not ?!" and bought tickets for both !! He's our favorite Bon Jovi member, and his solo work is also great.

I was supposed to go to the second Eagles concert in Philly when Glenn fell ill. I had to wait 6 months until they came back. Well worth it, though !!

I didn't know Richie did solo concerts wow

Witchy Woman
09-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Well, he's releasing a new album tomorrow, so he's doing a mini tour to support it. Bon Jovi is coming out with a new album next year, followed up with a tour :partytime:, so I guess he's doing what he can before he has to get ready for next year.

Tiffanny Twisted
09-18-2012, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I believe it still is and it ivades his privacy.

It's just wrong as a medical professional to talk about people when they come to you for emergency treamtent especially.

Just very wrong.:eyebrow:

I'm sorry, just wrong period weither it is an well visit or and emergency visit.
People lose their jobs over that. Just by mear mention that he came to her pracitice (a gastr practice) people could do the "math" in their heads.
And its no ones business what dr he sees or who and for what reason .
It's just wrong:eyebrow:.
We deal with all kinds of people everyday...I dont tell.
When I worked in a car agency it didnt matter that every news air personality came in(and bounced checks) and sports people came in (Phillies Flyers and Eagles and 6ers and bounced checks as well or had cc that got declined ). They werent there for PRIVATE medical attention. Get the difference???

Its a vialtion of privacy by mere mention that she talked about it as an employee of the practice, If JOe Blow in the waiting room sees him there and opens up his mouth ...it doesnt matter cause he isnt bound by privacy to the pracitice...see the difference?? She shouda kept her mouth shut> end of story she should not have talked. Its a terrible disease .

Topkat
09-18-2012, 07:22 AM
Yeah, I believe it still is and it ivades his privacy.

It's just wrong as a medical professional to talk about people when they come to you for emergency treamtent especially.

Just very wrong.:eyebrow:

I'm sorry, just wrong period weither it is an well visit or and emergency visit.
People lose their jobs over that. Just by mear mention that he came to her pracitice (a gastr practice) people could do the "math" in their heads.
And its no ones business what dr he sees or who and for what reason .
It's just wrong:eyebrow:.
We deal with all kinds of people everyday...I dont tell.
When I worked in a car agency it didnt matter that every news air personality came in(and bounced checks) and sports people came in (Phillies Flyers and Eagles and 6ers and bounced checks as well or had cc that got declined ). They werent there for PRIVATE medical attention. Get the difference???

Its a vialtion of privacy by mere mention that she talked about it as an employee of the practice, If JOe Blow in the waiting room sees him there and opens up his mouth ...it doesnt matter cause he isnt bound by privacy to the pracitice...see the difference?? She shouda kept her mouth shut> end of story she should not have talked. Its a terrible disease .

This woman is now retired, so she no longer works there, but she is a total professional, or she would not have been running a top doctors office for 20 years. Seems people on here know a lot about Glenn's medical condition, which has obviously been reported somewhere, but I get what your saying. I'm sure at the time, she would not have said anything, but this is now almost 20 years ago.

sodascouts
09-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Seems people on here know a lot about Glenn's medical condition, which has obviously been reported somewhere

When the Eagles announced the cancelling of the shows, they sent out a press release explaining why which gave out Glenn's condition. It was published in newspapers around the world. Later, Glenn's camp released more information after he was released in order to reassure fans that all was well. Glenn himself has talked a bit about his health problems occasionally in interviews.

That said, it does seem that it's not too difficult for sites like TMZ to get all the info on who's going to the hospital for what. Heck, they knew Michael Jackson died before most of the man's family!

WalshFan88
09-21-2012, 10:38 AM
Enjoy the Sambora concert!

One of my favorite players and a friend is playing with him (Peter Stroud).

Prettymaid
09-21-2012, 08:17 PM
Last night we saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Peoria (IL) civic center. I have to admit, I was a little worried about this one. I only know about 25 of his songs and not much about him. I didn't know what his onstage personality was. But I just decided to go with an open mind. I was very excited. I wanted the show to be good. Turns out, I enjoyed it very much. Gordon Lightfoot is a delight onstage. He kept us entertained not only with his songs but also with whatever was on his mind at the time, from his guitar capo to his yellow rubber bracelet, which he got at a Best Buy in Canada and has 'Wolf Girl' written on it.

Here is a review of the show with photos.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x326768494/Review-Gordon-Lightfoot-pays-attention-to-details?img=3

There aren't any videos of our show up yet, but here's one from 3 days before in West Virginia. It's very representative of our show, even down to the outfit. Sundown starts at 1:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeUAtCGNJg

At nearly 74 years old, Gordon Lightfoot struggles to hit the high notes, but it didn't seem to matter much to his audience. I've been a fan since 1974, and sadly I realize that all of my favorite singers are "getting up there", so it was great to see one of the legends perform before it's too late.

Here's a nice photo from back in the day.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Me%20doing%20stuff/0742-pp_zps7da89f0a.jpg

09-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Wow, PM - I didn't realize he is 74 - gettin' kinda scary for me. I love Sundown! Glad you had a good time.

Witchy Woman
09-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Enjoy the Sambora concert!

One of my favorite players and a friend is playing with him (Peter Stroud).

Thanks, WalshFan !!

And the day after the second show I go back to NYC to see Louis CK !! A busy week for sure !!

Freypower
09-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Last night we saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Peoria (IL) civic center. I have to admit, I was a little worried about this one. I only know about 25 of his songs and not much about him. I didn't know what his onstage personality was. But I just decided to go with an open mind. I was very excited. I wanted the show to be good. Turns out, I enjoyed it very much. Gordon Lightfoot is a delight onstage. He kept us entertained not only with his songs but also with whatever was on his mind at the time, from his guitar capo to his yellow rubber bracelet, which he got at a Best Buy in Canada and has 'Wolf Girl' written on it.

Here is a review of the show with photos.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/x326768494/Review-Gordon-Lightfoot-pays-attention-to-details?img=3

There aren't any videos of our show up yet, but here's one from 3 days before in West Virginia. It's very representative of our show, even down to the outfit. Sundown starts at 1:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FeUAtCGNJg

At nearly 74 years old, Gordon Lightfoot struggles to hit the high notes, but it didn't seem to matter much to his audience. I've been a fan since 1974, and sadly I realize that all of my favorite singers are "getting up there", so it was great to see one of the legends perform before it's too late.

Here's a nice photo from back in the day.

http://i510.photobucket.com/albums/s348/chilca0001/Me%20doing%20stuff/0742-pp_zps7da89f0a.jpg

Thanks for posting that.

zeldabjr
09-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Wow, PM - I didn't realize he is 74 - gettin' kinda scary for me. I love Sundown! Glad you had a good time.

wow I used to love his voice...I loved Sundown too...glad you enjoyed him PM

Brooke
09-22-2012, 01:02 PM
Glad you enjoyed it Pm! Wow, 74! He is getting up there! I loved Sundown, but don't know many more of his songs. We have the vinyl that you have as an av.

I've been to the PCC to see Aerosmith and Kenny Chesney a few years ago. Nice place!

WalshFan88
09-22-2012, 01:20 PM
I've been to the PCC to see Aerosmith and Kenny Chesney a few years ago. Nice place!

Yeah I like PCC. I was just there last Wednesday for Journey which was incredible. In fact we were both at that Aero show in '04. My first concert actually. Not sure why but I remember zilch about it. I just know I was there. :hilarious: That's why I wish they'd come back on this tour. I love that band.

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
My list of who I have seen:

AC/DC (once in 2001 in Boston at the Garden with Buckcherry opening)
Black Sabbath (once in 1995 with Motorhead opening and again under the name Heaven and Hell with the late Ronnie Dio singing and Alice Cooper and Queensryche opening in 2007)
Deep Purple (in 2001 with Skynyrd and Ted Nugent then a year later with Dio and The Scorpions both at Great Woods)
Genesis (2007 in Boston at TD Garden)
Iron Maiden (2000 with Rob Halford and Queensryche opening)
Judas Priest (in 2005 with Queensryche opening and 2009 with Whitesnake and Pop-evil opening)
KISS (1996, 1998, 2000 (Nugent opening) and 2004 (Poison opening))
Pink Floyd (1994 in Foxboro at Foxboro Stadium)
The Rolling Stones (in 2002 in Foxboro with The Pretenders opening and again in 2005 at Fenway Park)
Rush (1994 in Providence (Candlebox opened), 1997, 2002, 2004 and 2007 (in West Palm Beach))
Roger Waters (1999 at Great Woods, 2000 in Providence Civic Center, 2007 in West Palm Beach, 2010 (The Wall at the Garden) and 2012 (The Wall at Fenway Park))
The Who (1989 in Foxboro (first ever concert), 1997 (final show I saw John Entwistle with The Who), 2002 (with Zeppelin howler Robert Plant), 2006 (in Ft Lauderdale with The Pretenders) and 2012 in Boston)

Bands I never saw:

The Eagles (due to finances and also tickets went faster than quicksand, still kick myself for missing the Hell Freezes Over Tour)
Led Zeppelin (last toured when I was a year old)
Queen (original lineup last toured America when I was six)
Styx (either the classic lineup or the 1996/97 lineup, not interested without Dennis DeYoung)
Pink Floyd's classic lineup (did see the Gilmour/Mason/Wright lineup which was awesome and didn't really miss Roger Waters
Supertramp's classic lineup
Triumph
Jethro Tull (preferably the 1971-82 periods)
Journey's classic lineup
Kansas' classic lineup
Metallica

EagleLady
02-21-2013, 05:00 PM
Ahhh You saw the Original KISS Lineup! You lucky thing! :hilarious:

tjrrockandrollmaster
02-21-2013, 05:15 PM

THREE TIMES! 1996 (great show but brother who I disown ruined my night as he was high and drunk), 1998 (best performance of original lineup I attended) and 2000.

Prettymaid
04-05-2013, 10:17 PM
We saw The Doobie Brothers Wednesday night and had a great time. I've read a little but still don't know much about them. There are two original members left, and their vocals were great. The guitar work was awesome, too. I love it when something exceeds my expectations, and this concert did!

The highlights were:

South City Midnight Lady
Black Water
China Grove
Listen to the Music

VAisForEagleLovers
04-05-2013, 10:23 PM
PM, I had seen your FB posts, and I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I should check to see if they're coming around here.

They played in Charleston, SC a couple of weeks ago, same place Glenn played in November, the private club Music With Friends. I never 'unliked' them on FB, so I saw the pics and great write-up there.

Grey Sadler
04-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Awwww TJ...:jealous: again!!
The boys played here several times up until 92, IIRC...just wasn't into them at the time, ack...

TimothyBFan
04-08-2013, 09:28 AM
Bands I never saw:

The Eagles (due to finances and also tickets went faster than quicksand, still kick myself for missing the Hell Freezes Over Tour)
Led Zeppelin (last toured when I was a year old)
Queen (original lineup last toured America when I was six)
Styx (either the classic lineup or the 1996/97 lineup, not interested without Dennis DeYoung)
Pink Floyd's classic lineup (did see the Gilmour/Mason/Wright lineup which was awesome and didn't really miss Roger Waters
Supertramp's classic lineup
Triumph
Jethro Tull (preferably the 1971-82 periods)
Journey's classic lineup
Kansas' classic lineup
Metallica

HEY!!!!!!!!!!! :eyebrow: :hilarious: Seriously tho, I can almost guarantee you'd LOVE Styx now days!!! Lawrence Gowan is superb and such a personality, I think you'd be leaving, saying "Dennis who?". But then again, I was never a Dennis DeYoung fan and LOVE Lawrence.

But I get what you are saying.... I feel the exact same way about Journey--will never see them without Steve.

TimothyBFan
04-08-2013, 09:44 AM
Gotta share a bit of frustration with you all. There are several concerts going on in my area and slightly out of, within the next several months. Problem is, I've got myself convinced that I will no longer go to concerts unless I can A) get a decent seat in the first several rows and B) not have to sell a kidney for the money to buy said seat in the first several rows.

The groups I'm trying to get decent seats for are:
Styx (less than a half hour away)
Nugent (less than a half hour away)
Eagles (in Cleveland -several hours away-- not traveling & spending $$ on a hotel room for row VV)
Bon Jovi (in Chicago- an hour away-good seats face value are anywhere from $400-$560)
Foreigner (less than a half hour away)

I have tried for Styx and Eagles to get the tickets on the day they went on sale less than 5 minutes and couldn't get a freaking seat closer than 30 rows back or so. Ain't happening!!! And I cannot and will not try every hour to find good seats.

I'm also realistic enough to know that the tickets for all the shows above would run at the very least $1000 just for me, let alone someone else (hubby, daughter, etc....) to go. On top of that, with hubby's back problems, it's hard for him to sit or stand for any length of time but he'd go just for me and that's no fun to think about while there. Again, ain't going to happen but it sure would be nice to get a decent seat for 1 or 2 of these shows. :worried:

Prettymaid
04-08-2013, 02:43 PM
You are preachin' to the choir!!! I get a headache just thinking about trying to get good concert tix. We almost always have to go through a ticket broker site and wait until it gets a lot closer to the date, and then hope they come down in price.

Brooke
04-08-2013, 02:57 PM
Same here! I've been trying to get Fleetwood Mac tickets for Chicago and haven't even been able to bring up one ticket on TM. They are way over my price range on the scalper sites. Surely those will be dropped back in to TM soon if not sold? I can't imagine them eating them! The concert is this Saturday. I'm biting my nails now.

I really hate to travel to Chicago, 5 hours away and not have a ticket in hand, but I guess I will if I have to. If I have to sit in nosebleed, I guess I will if it comes to that. I will not pay those exorbitant prices!

NYC Fan
04-08-2013, 03:14 PM
Sadly, the deck is ridiculously stacked against the average concert-goer when it comes to getting good seats. I go see a handful of arena rock artists anymore, and thankfully they have somewhat fan-friendly policies, that usually include dropping band seats a few days before, or the day of the show. I will not use a ticket scalper, on principal, any more.

But, I did go see Fleetwood Mac on Sat. in Philly in side seats that we got off a drop the week before. Face value, and they were 5 rows up, even with the front row on the floor, on Stevie's side. Fabulous view of the people being dragged out of the front row for fighting. Really, people? At a FM show?!?

In any event, it is tough to accept, but it's sadly not going to change. But I have found that, more often than not, with a little work, great seats will be released close to show day or show time, at face value.

NYC Fan
04-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Just picked up tickets to see Paul McCartney in DC in the presale! Decent seats for $110 all in. Really excited. They actually had some in an affordable price range that weren't at the top of the ballpark.

prayfordaylight
04-09-2013, 09:53 AM
Just picked up tickets to see Paul McCartney in DC in the presale! Decent seats for $110 all in. Really excited. They actually had some in an affordable price range that weren't at the top of the ballpark.

I just got tickets for that show too! I was shocked the prices were that low considering I paid a bit more for similar seats for Springsteen there last year.

Brooke
04-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Sadly, the deck is ridiculously stacked against the average concert-goer when it comes to getting good seats. I go see a handful of arena rock artists anymore, and thankfully they have somewhat fan-friendly policies, that usually include dropping band seats a few days before, or the day of the show. I will not use a ticket scalper, on principal, any more.

But, I did go see Fleetwood Mac on Sat. in Philly in side seats that we got off a drop the week before. Face value, and they were 5 rows up, even with the front row on the floor, on Stevie's side. Fabulous view of the people being dragged out of the front row for fighting. Really, people? At a FM show?!?

In any event, it is tough to accept, but it's sadly not going to change. But I have found that, more often than not, with a little work, great seats will be released close to show day or show time, at face value.

I am checking diligently and the show is Sat. night. Nothing yet. Getting very anxious.

Is there a certain time they do these drops?

Congrats NYC and pfd on getting tickets for PM. That should be great!

NYC Fan
04-09-2013, 10:21 AM
I am checking diligently and the show is Sat. night. Nothing yet. Getting very anxious.

Is there a certain time they do these drops?

Congrats NYC and pfd on getting tickets for PM. That should be great!

No certain time that I know of, but I just looked at the ticket confirmation and my friend got them around 8:00 the evening of 3/28 for the show on 4/6. She was surprised they dropped the band seats that far in advance. In my experience for most shows, it's been 3-4 days out, right up until the afternoon of the show.

Good luck! I bet you will get something great.

NYC Fan
04-09-2013, 10:23 AM
I just got tickets for that show too! I was shocked the prices were that low considering I paid a bit more for similar seats for Springsteen there last year.

Congrats! I've seen him the last few tours, and he's still so great in concert, isn't he? I never quite get over the fact that I'm seeing a Beatle :)

Prettymaid
04-09-2013, 10:26 AM
If you're a fan of McCartney and have never seen him, you're in for a treat! I saw him in 2002 (Back in the US tour) and again in 2005. Being a huge Beatles fan, it was like seeing royalty. Great show!

prayfordaylight
04-09-2013, 12:26 PM
Brooke - Haven't heard anything about Chicago drops yet. I keep checking the Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/).

NYC - I've never seen Macca. A friend saw him at Yankee Stadium and loved it. We saw Springsteen together at Nats Park last year and agreed that if Macca ever played there, we'd go.

NYC Fan
04-09-2013, 01:25 PM
Brooke - Haven't heard anything about Chicago drops yet. I keep checking the Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/).

NYC - I've never seen Macca. A friend saw him at Yankee Stadium and loved it. We saw Springsteen together at Nats Park last year and agreed that if Macca ever played there, we'd go.

PFD- You will love it! He has a great band and is still in fine voice. Just to hear those Beatles songs gives me chills.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nats ballpark. Hope you enjoyed the Springsteen show last year. He puts on a pretty good concert :)

prayfordaylight
04-09-2013, 01:44 PM
PFD- You will love it! He has a great band and is still in fine voice. Just to hear those Beatles songs gives me chills.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Nats ballpark. Hope you enjoyed the Springsteen show last year. He puts on a pretty good concert :)

Definitely excited to finally see a Beatle! Nats Park is pretty nice. Beer is now more expensive than Yankee Stadium but the food is decent (there's a Shake Shack in right field among other things).

I love seeing Bruce. I tell everyone they should see him at least once in their lives. It's a spiritual experience.

NYC Fan
04-09-2013, 03:01 PM
Definitely excited to finally see a Beatle! Nats Park is pretty nice. Beer is now more expensive than Yankee Stadium but the food is decent (there's a Shake Shack in right field among other things).

I love seeing Bruce. I tell everyone they should see him at least once in their lives. It's a spiritual experience.

Looking forward to seeing the new park! Check another one off my list of the new baseball parks :)

You are so right about Bruce. People either like him or they don't, so I never bother with trying to sell anyone on his music, but I will tell people that they should see him live once. And it IS a spiritual experience. Sounds a little crazy, but lifting your spirit up to a higher place, and making you be totally present in the moment is exactly what his shows do (for me anyway). Plus, they are just a whole lot of fun...

WalshFan88
05-27-2013, 11:02 PM
Can't wait for my Black Crowes concert tomorrow night!

Houston Baby
05-27-2013, 11:11 PM
Can't wait for my Black Crowes concert tomorrow night!

Have fun Austin!! And I want a review later. :headbang:

zeldabjr
05-27-2013, 11:14 PM
have fun Austin...can't wait to hear about it!...Where is it?...is it far from you?

WalshFan88
05-27-2013, 11:20 PM
have fun Austin...can't wait to hear about it!...Where is it?...is it far from you?

About an 1 hour away. :)

Prettymaid
05-28-2013, 12:18 AM
Hope it's a good show for you!

TimothyBFan
05-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Have a great time, Austin!!!

Brooke
05-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Sounds like fun, WF! Don't forget to tell us all about it!

WalshFan88
05-31-2013, 05:30 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/16irzh1.jpg

It was a great show!!!! It was by far my favorite concert experience and everything. It was a religious experience for me, very surreal. I was dead in front of Rich Robinson and mainly watched him the whole night. There are pics on my FB of the whole show. Rich to me is like a combination of Keith Richards, Ron Wood, and Jimmy Page. He has a great stage presence although he is NOT a showman, but he reminds me of Page and how he'd do sound effects and play with the bow, although Rich didn't use a violin bow he did mess with his echo units and made wacky sounds, reminding me of Page. But his riffs are largely very Faces/Stones type riffs in open tuning.

It really was a lot of fun... I tweeted the other guitarist for the Crowes the night before the show asking if they'd play "Twice As Hard" which is my fav as it hadn't been in the set lately and whaddya know they played it after the first song! I don't know if it was me saying something or not as he never replied to me but I can't help but to wonder if it was. The Crowes go through lead guitarists pretty often. Right now it's Jackie Greene, who I was referring to that I sent that tweet too.

Unfortunately they don't throw or give out any picks, only two setlists on either side of the stage and I got one.

sodascouts
05-31-2013, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the review - glad you got a setlist!

Prettymaid
05-31-2013, 06:48 PM
So glad you enjoyed yourself, WF!

Brooke
06-01-2013, 10:27 AM
WF, very cool! Glad you enjoyed yourself!

Troubadour
06-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Glad you had fun!

Houston Baby
06-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Sounds like a very special night for you Austin! It is great that you had so much fun!! I'm so happy for you! I would love to get a setlist from ANYONE! :jealous:

SallyGee
06-04-2013, 07:48 PM
Going to see the Rascals in July. A real oldies group. Even before my time, but I like their songs.

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Going to see the Rascals in July. A real oldies group. Even before my time, but I like their songs.

Cool! They have such feel-good songs!

NYC Fan
06-04-2013, 08:32 PM

Have fun! I saw them do that show on Broadway in April. You will enjoy it, if you know their music.

I'm going to see Paul McCartney this Saturday and Monday in Brooklyn. Can't wait!

SallyGee
06-04-2013, 08:51 PM
Paul puts on a great show. I've seen him a few times. We had fourth row seats at the Garden. I don't know if you have seen him before, but you will love it. When you hear thousands of people singing Hey Jude it will give you goosebumps. A true musical genius. Enjoy!

NYC Fan
06-04-2013, 09:03 PM
Paul puts on a great show. I've seen him a few times. We had fourth row seats at the Garden. I don't know if you have seen him before, but you will love it. When you hear thousands of people singing Hey Jude it will give you goosebumps. A true musical genius. Enjoy!

Thanks! Pretty excited about it. I've seen him over the years, and every time can still never get over the fact that I get to see a Beatle. It's thrilling. And he has a fantastic band. The drummer is great. 4th row at MSG! That must have been amazing. Would love to be that close. We're up on the side stage both nights at Barclays, but I'm so happy to be going, I'd sit anywhere.

Enjoy the Rascals! Very cool that Little Steven was behind getting them back together and putting this show together. His pre-recorded announcement at the beginning of the show is very funny.

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Have fun! I saw them do that show on Broadway in April. You will enjoy it, if you know their music.

I'm going to see Paul McCartney this Saturday and Monday in Brooklyn. Can't wait!

Have a great time NYCF. I love Paul, and have seen him twice. I know what you mean about seeing a Beatle. Thrilling!

NYC Fan
06-04-2013, 09:33 PM
Have a great time NYCF. I love Paul, and have seen him twice. I know what you mean about seeing a Beatle. Thrilling!

Thanks PM :) Much like I feel about the Eagles, I feel so lucky that Paul is still touring and we all get to see him play those incredible songs.

Prettymaid
06-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks PM :) Much like I feel about the Eagles, I feel so lucky that Paul is still touring and we all get to see him play those incredible songs.

I've wondered if Paul's voice is slightly starting to change. I think he struggles sometimes, but other times he seems to still hit those high notes effortlessly!

prayfordaylight
06-05-2013, 08:16 AM

Can't wait to hear all about it. Still have over a month until the show in DC.

Brooke
06-05-2013, 10:31 AM
I'd love to see Paul too. A Beatle! He's on my list!

SallyGee
06-26-2013, 08:22 PM
We're going to see Steeley Dan in October.

TimothyBFan
06-27-2013, 08:20 AM
We're going to see Steeley Dan in October.

They are amazing. I swear that Donald Fagen sounds as good now as he did 30 years ago.

Glennsallnighter
07-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Just before the Madison Square Garden gigs were announced I bought 2 tix for Billy Joel in early November. Just one week before the Eagles.

Last year we were at Barry Manilow 3 nights before I went to LA to see Glenn :heart: looks like I need a 'warm up' in Dublin before I head Stateside!

WalshFan88
07-01-2013, 06:30 PM
Sadly I have no concerts planned until October, when I see a band that came out of LA, they are kind of underground - no one ever talks about them on here. :hilarious:

Foreigner and .38 Special will be nearby in September but I doubt I can swing that.

Witchy Woman
07-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I have an extremely busy month !!

Kid Rock - July 9th

The Eagles - July 16th

Jim Jefferies - July 20th

Anniversary screening of They Live in Philly (and I get to meet Rowdy Roddy Piper, my all time favorite wrestler !!) - July 21st

Bon Jovi (no Richie !! BOOOO !!) - July 27th

Then I got nothing til November :

Josh Groban - November 3rd

The Eagles - November 9th

Unless something else fun pops up, that is !!

Troubadour
07-02-2013, 07:05 AM
Vey cool, WW!

I just discovered this morning that Leonard Cohen will be at the Bournemouth International Centre on August 26th. Seems to be sold out though, and I can't really afford to pay more than face value for this one. Bit gutted that I didn't find out sooner; I'm a huge fan of his and would love to see him once.

Prettymaid
07-02-2013, 08:32 AM
Sadly I have no concerts planned until October, when I see a band that came out of LA, they are kind of underground - no one ever talks about them on here. :hilarious:

Foreigner and .38 Special will be nearby in September but I doubt I can swing that.

:rofl: I'll have to check them out, WF!

We would like to see Foreigner ever since we saw them on AXS TV. As soon as I read your post we headed over to TM and SH to check it out, but no good seats are available, so I doubt if we'll go.

WW, nice way to plan your summer! :applause:

prayfordaylight
07-02-2013, 12:06 PM
(and I get to meet Rowdy Roddy Piper, my all time favorite wrestler !!) - July 21st

WW, did you see Celebrity Wife Swap the other night with Roddy and Ric Flair? It was really good.

Witchy Woman
07-03-2013, 12:42 AM
WW, did you see Celebrity Wife Swap the other night with Roddy and Ric Flair? It was really good.

I certainly did !! It was interesting to see how polar opposite they are in terms of lavishness.

prayfordaylight
07-03-2013, 10:05 AM
I certainly did !! It was interesting to see how polar opposite they are in terms of lavishness.

I just kept wondering when Ric's house would be in foreclosure since he's got well documented money/bankruptcy issues.

Witchy Woman
07-04-2013, 12:56 AM
I just kept wondering when Ric's house would be in foreclosure since he's got well documented money/bankruptcy issues.

The thing that shocked me the most was how free he was with his money, considering his known money/bankruptcy/divorce issues. I would have guessed he was totally broke.

It was nice to see them out of the ring, being normal people with normal families.

desperado
07-04-2013, 10:08 AM
I am going to include shows I've seen since the beginning of 2013:

Feb 1 - Kansas
Feb 23 Maroon 5
Mar 1 - Firefall, Pure Prairie league and Poco
June 21 Rolling Stones *
June 25 Steve Martin and the Steep Canyon Rangers
June 30 America
July 13 Taylor Swift (with my 14 yr old daughter)
July 25 Eagles
Nov 9 Eagles

* Saw the three NY/NJ Stones shows back in Dec 2012

07-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Quite an impressive list, desperado! :jealous: