PDA

View Full Version : Eagles HOTE Tour Discussion (2013 - 2015)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Freypower
07-11-2013, 05:20 PM
I do wish Don would do sunset grill and Dirty Laundry

I LOVE those two songs

You can see those at solo shows.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-11-2013, 05:48 PM
You can see those at solo shows.

We could if there were any. Just sayin'...

VAisForEagleLovers
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
If y'all didn't notice, I changed the name of the NYC thread to include the 11th. I'm adding a show for Knoxville, TN right now, it's the 13th

Troubadour
07-11-2013, 05:49 PM
Glenn said the sitting on boxes thing was inspired by their 1971 rehearsals - when they were first getting started, they used to do that. They were deliberately trying to duplicate the early days. SO COOL.

I love that! Gives me goosebumps.

Freypower
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
We could if there were any. Just sayin'...

OK then. Both DL & SG were on F1 & were played for years by the band, especially DL which has been part of the set since HFO. Songs like Saturday Night & Doolin-Dalton, on the other hand, have not been played since the 70s. DL & BOS had a fantastic run & I guess I find it hard to understand why people think it or DL at least should still be played.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
OK then. Both DL & SG were on F1 & were played for years by the band, especially DL which has been part of the set since HFO. Songs like Saturday Night & Doolin-Dalton, on the other hand, have not been played since the 70s. DL & BOS had a fantastic run & I guess I find it hard to understand why people think it or DL at least should still be played.

Well that's not what I was saying...just complaining about the lack of solo concerts leading up to HOTE tour.

Freypower
07-11-2013, 09:23 PM
Well that's not what I was saying...just complaining about the lack of solo concerts leading up to HOTE tour.

Well, wow. They are entitled to have some time with their families when they knew they would be touring for the rest of this year.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Well, wow. They are entitled to have some time with their families when they knew they would be touring for the rest of this year.

True. Still Don has done about three concerts plus two private shows in the last year.

GlennLover
07-12-2013, 09:28 AM
True. Still Don has done about three concerts plus two private shows in the last year.

Maybe he's waiting until after his album is released to do some touring to promote it?:shrug:

TimothyBFan
07-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Maybe he's waiting until after his album is released to do some touring to promote it?:shrug:

Then I fear we'll be waiting quite awhile the way that's going. :hilarious:

GlennLover
07-12-2013, 10:47 AM
Then I fear we'll be waiting quite awhile the way that's going. :hilarious:

You've got a point there! :)

sad-cafe
07-13-2013, 01:28 AM

I have the DVD's of those concerts but never got to see them live. I wanted to see those two songs done live. They were my favorite by DH and New York Minute. What is two or three more songs to a VERY awesome concert.

This is likely the only time I will get to see them live :worried:
That is all I was saying.

MaryCalifornia
07-13-2013, 10:14 PM
I've noticed in all of the photos and videos that have been posted that there is a significant presence of videographers on stage and on the floor in front. Is this standard at all of their concerts - do they archive footage from all of their shows? Probably, but I'm hoping for a new DVD after the tour (long time from now).

WalshFan88
07-13-2013, 11:31 PM
I'm pretty awfully excited about this tour - even more than I thought I'd be. I'm also finding myself interested in Bernie Leadon hopefully still being with them when I see them in October, and I wasn't a big Bernie fan. But it just seems cool. A shame Randy's health is in such bad shape. :(

Tiffanny Twisted
07-14-2013, 11:24 AM
I've noticed in all of the photos and videos that have been posted that there is a significant presence of videographers on stage and on the floor in front. Is this standard at all of their concerts - do they archive footage from all of their shows? Probably, but I'm hoping for a new DVD after the tour (long time from now).

I noticed that too and am hopeful but someones gotta point the camera for the jumbo tron right??

Tiffanny Twisted
07-14-2013, 11:25 AM
oh yeah and Austin,
I keep watching the sat nite/ train videos over and over again.

just so peaceful for me to watch it and think thats how it all started.:faint:

Topkat
07-14-2013, 12:55 PM
I just got to thinking of something - I wonder how the sitting on the road cases came about?!

I'm thinking they just did it in rehearsal because those places are full of road cases and amps and they just decided they liked it and thought it'd be cool live.

Regardless, it's a nice touch IMO. It's so laid back and somewhat informal, a rarity for the Eagles IMO. I love it.

They are also sitting on the road cases on the HFO DVD in shot on the back cover, so this is a "thing" for them, I guess. I knew I had seen that before.

MaryCalifornia
07-14-2013, 01:36 PM
Ahhhh yes, that's it - the jumbotron shots. Thanks, TT!

sodascouts
07-14-2013, 10:10 PM
A couple members of One Direction paid a visit to the HOTE merch table at the show they attended!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPLhB5WCEAANigh.jpg:large

Prettymaid
07-14-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty awfully excited about this tour - even more than I thought I'd be. I'm also finding myself interested in Bernie Leadon hopefully still being with them when I see them in October, and I wasn't a big Bernie fan. But it just seems cool. A shame Randy's health is in such bad shape. :(

That is exactly the way I felt - even more excited when it was confirmed that Bernie would be with them. It is WAY cool, because it's something totally out of the norm. They are really emphasizing the history in this HOTE tour. I'm glad you're still excited about this show WF, after watching the videos. I was afraid it might be too mellow for you.

Tiffanny Twisted
07-14-2013, 11:05 PM
A couple members of One Direction paid a visit to the HOTE merch table at the show they attended!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BPLhB5WCEAANigh.jpg:large

So they have good taste

Mc your welcome. I hope for a dvd but probably jumbo tron lol

Prettymaid
07-14-2013, 11:08 PM
Hope he didn't get any ice cream on his shirt. ;-)

MaryCalifornia
07-15-2013, 01:16 AM
Someone should buy a Party Plane shirt and model it for us.

sodascouts
07-15-2013, 01:27 AM
Someone should buy a Party Plane shirt and model it for us.

I have one. I'd model it but it's not very flattering on me. :(

Brooke
07-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote Mary California

It's pretty standard. What they do with it, we don't know since they hardly ever release anything! Sure wish they would though!

MaryCalifornia
07-15-2013, 02:51 PM
TiffanyTwisted noted that its the feed for the big video screens.

MaryCalifornia
07-15-2013, 02:54 PM

You have one? Ha - come on!! Is it new or old?

Henley Honey
07-15-2013, 02:57 PM
You have one? Ha - come on!! Is it new or old?

I have one too!

MaryCalifornia
07-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I want to see it, HH!!

Troubadour
07-15-2013, 03:08 PM

I wish they made more of those shirts in a feminine cut!

MaryCalifornia
07-18-2013, 01:26 PM
Based on a post in a concert review thread, I looked at the FastLane Facebook page - did anyone else see the information there about the Eagles playing ten (10) shows at the Forum in LA? The post says J.D. is buying the Forum and renovating it for concerts...I take this with a grain of salt, but OMG what if its true!!!!!!:yay:

mustangkim11
07-21-2013, 11:19 AM
:sigh::(:-(:weep::weep::depressed::sad:

I just now realized that the guys only have a couple more days of this tour and then aren't back on the road until Sept. OMG! Where am I going to get my daily fix of photos and reviews?

Crying copious amounts of tears.

Houston Baby
07-21-2013, 11:31 AM
OMG MK11 - I remembered they were off August but didn't snap to that means a break in reviews & videos! :weep:

August is going to be a looooong month!!:weep:

Troubadour
07-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Aw, September will be here in no time! :grouphug:

mustangkim11
07-21-2013, 12:58 PM
OMG MK11 - I remembered they were off August but didn't snap to that means a break in reviews & videos! :weep:

August is going to be a looooong month!!:weep:

Hopefully, some kind souls will still be putting up videos, pix and such even after this leg of the tour is over. (Fingers crossed.)

Topkat
07-21-2013, 01:48 PM
They do need the break because the next few month will be pretty busy for them. They need to recover & rest their voices. They aren't kids anymore!

We will survive & watch all the videos from the July shows. I still haven't seen all of them yet!:singer::singer:

WalshFan88
07-21-2013, 01:50 PM
I need to go through and watched the ones I've missed. I've been slacking on posting them here.

Glennsallnighter
07-24-2013, 05:01 AM
You are doing a wonderful job Austin!!!

TimothyBFan
07-24-2013, 08:42 AM
I need to go through and watched the ones I've missed. I've been slacking on posting them here.

Why yes you have. Didn't want to point that out, but since you mentioned it..... these videos aren't going to post themselves, you know. ;-)

Seriously, you have done a wonderful job of that. I wouldn't have seen most of those had you not gotten them into their respective threads here.

Prettymaid
07-24-2013, 08:54 AM
Hurray for Austin!

(Since Dreamer's not here to post this smiley, guess I'll have to...)

:yay::yay::yay:

Freypower
07-24-2013, 06:41 PM
From watching the Philadelphia videos, I thought there was something worth mentioning. Don pretty much does a drum solo at the start of Witchy Woman. I have never heard him play drums for that long before with hardly any accompaniment. I sometimes criticise him for cutting back on his drumming (he doesn't drum on HT any more now) but he can't be faulted for that.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-24-2013, 08:29 PM
From watching the Philadelphia videos, I thought there was something worth mentioning. Don pretty much does a drum solo at the start of Witchy Woman. I have never heard him play drums for that long before with hardly any accompaniment. I sometimes criticise him for cutting back on his drumming (he doesn't drum on HT any more now) but he can't be faulted for that.

Yes, it was fun both nights this week to hear him go into it and then the crowd reaction when they realize what song it is.

Ive always been a dreamer
07-24-2013, 11:52 PM
I agree VA.

Hurray for Austin!

(Since Dreamer's not here to post this smiley, guess I'll have to...)

:yay::yay::yay:

Thanks for subbing for me, PM - good call! :wink:

Shadowland07
07-26-2013, 05:00 PM
I've been listening to all the albums again and am a bit disappointed that they aren't playing more songs from On the Border or with Bernie on lead vocals. Would love to have been able to hear "You Never Cry Like a Lover", "On the Border", "My Man", "Earlybird", or "Nightingale".

07-26-2013, 08:29 PM
I know what you are saying, SL, but, I don't think it's possible for the band to play a perfect set list cause that would mean they'd have to play every song in their catalog. :wink: On the Border was one song that I was really hoping for. But, I'm actually more disappointed that NO songs from LROOE are included. I would also love to hear Bernie do another song, especially My Man. However, after I thought about it, Tim only has two songs, and he is still an official Eagle, so IMO, Bernie shouldn't have an equal number. I said in another thread, I am delighted that Bernie is staying on stage for the entire first half of the show - I had figured he would only be out for a few songs, so this was a great compromise to me. The band will never be able to please everyone, so I guess they just do what they think will make a great show. All things considered, after seeing two shows, I am extremely happy with their choices. :rockon:

MaryCalifornia
07-26-2013, 09:11 PM
So experts, with a month off now, what tweaks to the show do you envision, expect, hope for????? Any??? Technical/banter/set list? I have read in reviews from at least 3 cities that they are simply not LOUD enough... Will be interesting to see if anything in Sept. is different!

WalshFan88
07-26-2013, 09:21 PM
The only song I want is VOL.

Shadowland07
07-26-2013, 10:42 PM
I know what you are saying, SL, but, I don't think it's possible for the band to play a perfect set list cause that would mean they'd have to play every song in their catalog. :wink: On the Border was one song that I was really hoping for. But, I'm actually more disappointed that NO songs from LROOE are included. I would also love to hear Bernie do another song, especially My Man. However, after I thought about it, Tim only has two songs, and he is still an official Eagle, so IMO, Bernie shouldn't have an equal number. I said in another thread, I am delighted that Bernie is staying on stage for the entire first half of the show - I had figured he would only be out for a few songs, so this was a great compromise to me. The band will never be able to please everyone, so I guess they just do what they think will make a great show. All things considered, after seeing two shows, I am extremely happy with their choices. :rockon:

Yeah lol, though I am absolutely excited for Doolin Dalton and the Reprise.

Brooke
07-27-2013, 04:45 PM
I hope they don't change a thing! Unless they add something! :pray:

Topkat
07-28-2013, 01:53 PM
The only song I want is VOL.

I was also hoping for VOL to be in the set list.

I also want at least 1 song from LROOE.........Why have they left this out? :dizzy:

I also want Don to wear a different shirt! If I see that shirt again, I'm gonna really scream! When he comes to MSG, I'm going to bring a shirt for him to wear.
What size is he???:huh::huh:

Prettymaid
07-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Well, he did wear a plaid shirt at Bethel, but I wish I could pick out some shirts for him!

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 06:48 PM
Seriously - he wears a different shirt for the first time this tour, and there are precisely no pictures posted from that show! It's a cruel world... ;)

NYC Fan
07-28-2013, 06:55 PM
I know the plaid shirts on Don and Glenn are not the most popular look around here, but I must say, I find them ruggedly handsome in them. I was really pleased they had them on at Bethel. They fit right in up there ;-)

Troubadour
07-28-2013, 06:56 PM
I know the plaid shirts on Don and Glenn are not the most popular look around here, but I must say, I find them ruggedly handsome in them. I was really pleased they had them on at Bethel. They fit right in up there ;-)

I totally agree with you. I love Don's rugged/outdoorsy side, and he looks great in a plaid shirt, as does Glenn. No complaints from me! :drool:

Brooke
07-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Maybe they were thinking of helping haul hay in when the concert was over so they dressed in farm type shirts! :wink:

Houston Baby
07-31-2013, 02:46 PM
Maybe they were thinking of helping haul hay in when the concert was over so they dressed in farm type shirts! :wink:

:rofl:
Too funny Brooke!!

NYC Fan
07-31-2013, 04:14 PM

Well, if that was the case, I'd have taken a bunch of Allegra and helped out! ;-)

Of course, now that line from Young Frankenstein is running through my head. Roll, roll, roll in zee hay. LOL

SoaringRockyMountainWay
07-31-2013, 04:33 PM
I have to do a lot of hay loading since I have two horses. If the Eagles ever need help, I would be there in a split second. :razz:

sad-cafe
07-31-2013, 10:34 PM
I'd be okay for an entire catalog concert!

I'm taking the next day off anyway.:headbang:

VAisForEagleLovers
11-19-2013, 10:06 PM
I thought I'd revive this thread since the comment I want to make pertains to all the concerts and not just one. I've seen a few of these shows now and each time I take away something different. My favorite songs tend to be OOTN and NKIT just because they're my two favorite and both added back to the setlist for this tour. However, as much as I've always like Doolin' Dalton, the Doolin' Dalton / Desperado Reprise is an absolute stellar performance. It far surpasses DD and Desperado in my mind. They play it like they've played it at every show for 40+ years - perfectly. I've noticed that it tends to get short shrift in the reviews, so I guess that makes it one of the most underrated songs in the setlist. It's another one of those songs I wish they'd record in the live version. IMO, the recorded version back in 1973 sounds like filler. The new, live version sounds like the best of two worlds.

Prettymaid
11-19-2013, 10:13 PM
IMO, the recorded version back in 1973 sounds like filler. The new, live version sounds like the best of two worlds.

I wholeheartedly agree with this statement.

The Thrill Is Never Gone
11-19-2013, 10:24 PM
I look forward to hearing it tomorrow night. Love Doolin' Dalton/Desperado.

VAisForEagleLovers
11-19-2013, 10:25 PM

Definitely let us know what you think!

GlennLover
11-19-2013, 10:32 PM
I thought I'd revive this thread since the comment I want to make pertains to all the concerts and not just one. I've seen a few of these shows now and each time I take away something different. My favorite songs tend to be OOTN and NKIT just because they're my two favorite and both added back to the setlist for this tour. However, as much as I've always like Doolin' Dalton, the Doolin' Dalton / Desperado Reprise is an absolute stellar performance. It far surpasses DD and Desperado in my mind. They play it like they've played it at every show for 40+ years - perfectly. I've noticed that it tends to get short shrift in the reviews, so I guess that makes it one of the most underrated songs in the setlist. It's another one of those songs I wish they'd record in the live version. IMO, the recorded version back in 1973 sounds like filler. The new, live version sounds like the best of two worlds.

I agree with your praise of the live performance of DD/DR during this tour, however, I have always loved the recorded version as well. I also love the old footage of performances of this song.

I'm glad you revived the thread as I was just thinking about a general comment I wanted to make & I had forgotten about this thread. It is surprising to me (although it really shouldn't be) that when I say I have been to an Eagles' concert how many people immediately tell me that they are jealous. Some are people that I would never expect to be Eagles' fans, including people in their seventies. Just reinforces the fact that their music appeals to all ages.

11-20-2013, 12:36 AM
Yep - I also totally agree about the DD/Desperado Reprise. Like GL, I have always loved the recorded version, and to see Doolin-Dalton and the reprise live is the highlight of the show for me. I never thought I'd ever get to see them.

thelastresort
11-20-2013, 09:46 AM
I think D-D/DR would make a better end song than Desperado, it's much more beautiful and the harmony at the end is breathtaking. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think it's the best vocal harmony the Eagles did pre-SBR. Imagine ending the show with all five of them going at one harmony, the very thing that made them such a prospect to Glyn Johns back in 1971.

Anyway, a couple of questions from me - during BOML do they use a slide guitar like Felder used to back in the 70s or is it just Walsh / Smith playing a standard electric? Also does Glenn play piano on anything? I get the impression that over the years he's become more and more attached to his guitar, especially now they have three backing keyboardists. Would be great to see him on it for stuff like Desperado, OOTN and RMW like he was back in't day, but I suspect the answer's no :(

GlennLover
11-20-2013, 01:38 PM
I think D-D/DR would make a better end song than Desperado, it's much more beautiful and the harmony at the end is breathtaking. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think it's the best vocal harmony the Eagles did pre-SBR. Imagine ending the show with all five of them going at one harmony, the very thing that made them such a prospect to Glyn Johns back in 1971.

Anyway, a couple of questions from me - during BOML do they use a slide guitar like Felder used to back in the 70s or is it just Walsh / Smith playing a standard electric? Also does Glenn play piano on anything? I get the impression that over the years he's become more and more attached to his guitar, especially now they have three backing keyboardists. Would be great to see him on it for stuff like Desperado, OOTN and RMW like he was back in't day, but I suspect the answer's no :(

Glenn plays keyboard on ICTYW like he always has. He doesn't play piano at all. He plays guitar on everything else. Sorry, I can't answer your question on BOML. I either didn't notice or don't remember (old age you know).

Prettymaid
11-20-2013, 04:57 PM
TLR, I think you are asking if anybody plays steel guitar on BOML. I don't think so...I think Stueart plays slide guitar.

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2013, 07:20 PM
Yep - I also totally agree about the DD/Desperado Reprise. Like GL, I have always loved the recorded version, and to see Doolin-Dalton and the reprise live is the highlight of the show for me. I never thought I'd ever get to see them.

That part of the show for me (watching the reprise) was absolutely spine chilling!! I really loved it and just cannot wait to see all this again.

I refuse to call this a concert when I tell anyone about it. It is so much more than merely some guys up singing. Its a whole production, woven together by narrative from the main players. Even now, two weeks after, I see a pic that I took, or a song flashes into my head and I remember something else from the show. I really say to anyone, if you do nothing else, catch the Eagles when they come to your home town or the place nearest to it that you can get to. It is only spectacular!!

VAisForEagleLovers
07-15-2015, 07:41 PM
In case any of you are wondering how those "no cell phones" announcements at the arenas are created.

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aHa4NDY1NzAxMHw0MDYyNzEzMq6BB02BLtc4rDmlpdNna16HES xu5oEgf_X1kXJ99lrM

VAisForEagleLovers
07-29-2015, 08:03 AM
In light of the fact that before the concert and during intermission they've been promoting Cass County, I saw this on Twitter and found it amusing. I get why they have the rule, and I respect it, but this is still ironic that this is the one of Don's songs they're promoting during the show. Only a few minutes after this song plays, the announcement is made to turn off all phones, and to not record or video.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/things%20you%20cannot%20do%20at%20an%20Eagles%20co ncert_zps6ximvdfr.jpg

Keith
07-29-2015, 09:02 AM
In light of the fact that before the concert and during intermission they've been promoting Cass County, I saw this on Twitter and found it amusing. I get why they have the rule, and I respect it, but this is still ironic that this is the one of Don's songs they're promoting during the show. Only a few minutes after this song plays, the announcement is made to turn off all phones, and to not record or video.

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/vernakrose/HOTE/things%20you%20cannot%20do%20at%20an%20Eagles%20co ncert_zps6ximvdfr.jpg
:laugh:

Brooke
07-29-2015, 09:25 AM
Too funny! Kinda like the pot calling the kettle black! :hilarious:

AlreadyGone95
07-29-2015, 12:13 PM

:rofl: That is funny!

Tori
07-29-2015, 01:43 PM
I saw that post on Tumblr the other day! It's so true, though. :hilarious:

Funk 50
07-29-2015, 02:40 PM

Thanks for sharing VA

They couldn't really announce the no photos, no video, ban before or during Take A Picture Of This was playing could they :)

07-29-2015, 09:59 PM
That tweet is kinda funny. I wonder if the irony was lost on the band?

And the final show of this leg of the tour is going on at this moment. I'm still holding out hope that after the first of the year, the band will decide to schedule more shows.

VAisForEagleLovers
07-29-2015, 10:02 PM
I know I definitely am! Even if they're not HOTE shows, and they won't be, I want to see them again!

07-29-2015, 10:30 PM
Well, I'm not even totally convinced that they won't be HotE tours. I vividly remember them making similar statements about quitting around 2005 and here they are 10 years later still going strong. As they've said many times, they usually regroup at the beginning of each new year and decide where they go from there. :pray: :pray: :pray:

WalshFan88
07-31-2015, 12:28 AM

Almost painfully ironic considering they play that song and then follow it up with "no phones"...

I laffed!

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2015, 06:29 PM
Catching up on this thread after a long hiatus. How did we get from the HOTE tour to a mythological discussion about a tour for the 40th anniversary of HC? I really think that if the discussion needs to continue, a new thread should be started. This thread is about an actual tour that deserves to be discussed.

Freypower
08-01-2015, 06:33 PM
It happened because the title of the thread was changed to say (2013 -?) so people started speculating on what they would do next.

AlreadyGone95
08-01-2015, 06:35 PM
Catching up on this thread after a long hiatus. How did we get from the HOTE tour to a mythological discussion about a tour for the 40th anniversary of HC? I really think that if the discussion needs to continue, a new thread should be started. This thread is about an actual tour that deserves to be discussed.

I think that that is my fault. When talking about what they might do next, I said that I wondered if they would tour for the 40th anniversary of HC. I apologize for derailing the thread.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2015, 06:58 PM
It happened because the title of the thread was changed to say (2013 -?) so people started speculating on what they would do next.

It hasn't changed since it was created. If it helps, I'll change it now.

ETA: FP you were right, it was changed. Originally it said just 2013. It was changed to the ? in June 2013.

Freypower
08-01-2015, 07:43 PM
Sorry, I hadn't noticed, but a new thread would probably be appropriate now that this tour has finished.

Glennsallnighter
08-02-2015, 04:32 AM
I think a new thread might be a good idea. Obviously the focus has changed as the HOTE tour is now over and the speculation is on what will follow. Also for new people to the board, a lot is missed when there are 60+ pages to trawl through, wheres a new thread makes it more of a bite sized chunk.

Funk 50
08-02-2015, 07:55 AM
I remember, Joe in particular, was pretty insistent that the Eagles needed to change their set list after their previous tour ended. Nobody has said that the HOTE has run it's course. It has ended to allow Don to promote his new album, which was due to be released in 2014.

If the Eagles resist the temptation to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Hotel California, next year, they could return to the HOTE set list, particularly if they want to retain the services of Bernie Leadon.

Logic says that, after a break of, at least, 8 or so months and with new music in the can, they'll move onto a new chapter.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-02-2015, 11:04 AM
I remember, Joe in particular, was pretty insistent that the Eagles needed to change their set list after their previous tour ended. Nobody has said that the HOTE has run it's course. It has ended to allow Don to promote his new album, which was due to be released in 2014.

Well, Don has said it several times. In an interview and many times from stage. That being said, he also said it in the spring of 2014 (but did clarify he meant the US). There are quite a few here who do not believe it's really over which is why I had not put the '2015' on the thread title until now. It's fine to discuss the continuation of this tour here.

08-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Whether this is the end of the HotE tour remains to be seen AFAIC. I know it has been said that it is, but I also know that the band likes to regroup at the beginning of each year to ponder their future. And I also know that the band has been known to change their minds. It may be wishful thinking on my part, but I'm one that wants to wait and see what happens next. No offense VA, but I would personally be ecstatic if you had to go back and reinstate that :?: in the title of this thread. :thumbsup:

And yeah - I agree that we should move the relevant posts into a new 40th anniversary Hotel California tour thread. VA, do you want to do that or do you want me to take care of it?

VAisForEagleLovers
08-02-2015, 02:13 PM
I will do it. Meant to do it earlier, but got distracted with other things!

ETA: I moved them. Some of the discussion was around a residency, so I named the thread for both. A general discussion on what they should do next.

Funk 50
08-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Originally Posted by Funk 50
Well, Don has said it several times. In an interview and many times from stage. That being said, he also said it in the spring of 2014 (but did clarify he meant the US). There are quite a few here who do not believe it's really over which is why I had not put the '2015' on the thread title until now. It's fine to discuss the continuation of this tour here.

You miss my point VA.

Don has said it's the end of the HOTE tour several times but he hasn't said that the set list is tired and needs a makeover.

I think the HOTE tour was extended, postponing the release of Cass County by 12 months. I'm sure Don's was eager to emphasize publicly, that Cass County wont be delayed any further but once Don's Cass County phase has run it's course, the Eagles could go back to the HOTE show. especially if he spends 18 months or more promoting it, over running the Hotel California anniversary.

Freypower
08-03-2015, 06:25 PM
I don't agree that they should return to the HOTE setlist. They need to change it. They have done HOTE for two years.

Brooke
08-04-2015, 10:38 AM
I guess it depends if they continue the HotE tour. I don't expect them to, but you never know. If they tour next year and call it that, then they'll probably continue that setlist.

DJ
08-04-2015, 08:08 PM
I would like to see them sit down and turn out some new material. Then put on a tour of that.

TimFan222
08-14-2015, 07:36 PM
I would like to see them sit down and turn out some new material. Then put on a tour of that.

I like the way you think!!

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 06:53 PM

it is too surreal to realize that 6 months later Glenn would be gone

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 06:54 PM
Well, I'm not even totally convinced that they won't be HotE tours. I vividly remember them making similar statements about quitting around 2005 and here they are 10 years later still going strong. As they've said many times, they usually regroup at the beginning of each new year and decide where they go from there. :pray: :pray: :pray:

:weep::weep::weep::weep:

01-24-2016, 10:07 PM
:weep::weep::weep::weep:is right s-c.

And I vividly remember just two weeks ago wondering if Glenn was well enough yet to have their annual meeting.

:weep::weep::weep::weep:

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:23 AM
and the fact that he told Bernie-this isn't over

Hubby and I were hoping they would go to Vegas...we would have so been there

AlreadyGone95
01-25-2016, 12:27 AM
:weep::weep::weep::weep::weep:.

I remember wondering about a 40th anniversary tour for Hotel California.

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:33 AM
I just had a feeling they might do a small residency in Vegas

maybe play 5-10 shows and then end it.

I was going to make sure me an my hubby would be there